Homebase Logo

Free employee scheduling, time tracking, and more.

Homebase Reviews - Page 4

1,022 reviews

LM

Lisa M.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Homebase Employing Scheduling App

Ease of scheduling has been the absolute best benefit from using HB. There is an initial learning curve then it's easy. I also love keeping all the employee info, payroll, schedules and messaging all in one place.

Pros

Most importantly, our employees love using the app for following their schedule and trading/covering shifts. I think there would be a mutiny if we stopped using HB. As a regional manager watching over 3 stores, I refused to do scheduling anymore until we went with an app. After researching many different ones, Homebase won and it's been close to 3 happy years using it.

Cons

As Homebase has grown as a company, the support system and ease of use has improved; and it wasn't bad to begin with. We had some challenges with interfacing with Square, our POS, but that was more on Square's end and has mostly been resolved. We were only disconnected once in the past 6 months.

DR

Dallas R.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Easy to roll out and feature rich for non-HR people

My overall experience with Homebase has been very positive. It's saved me countless hours by automating and organizing a task that we used to do by hand in spreadsheets. It has also helped employees become more accountable and allows me to have a better idea of their performance.

Pros

The short learning curve and ease of implementation for a first time timeclock user were most appreciated. The phone app was very well received by my employees. The clean design of the user interface is very well done.

Cons

Setting up a repeating template is still clunky and more hands-on than I would like, although they've made some incremental improvements to it. It would be nice if when I approve time off for an employee, it would automatically remove the time they're scheduled for instead of me having to track down the conflict and adjust the schedule by hand. Finally, I've noticed a bug in the browser when viewing timesheets- the new date selector often times simply does not update the timesheets shown when I select a specific pay period, and I have to select the date range by hand.

MC

Matt C.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Homebase is amazing for our business

I believe that Homebase hit it out of the park with this app. The cost and usability are great. I would recommend this app to anyone that needs to track employees hours and other employee info.

Pros

The software is easy to use and has been very helpful to track our employees time and also to create and deploy our schedules. Also for tracking labor it is very useful.

Cons

There is very little to dislike. That is why I keep using it.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Not what we had hoped it would be

We did not like it and when we called for assistance, we could not get anyone to actually assist us with the issues. Very disappointing.

Pros

I liked the concept of it and how it was going to work. We needed help with keeping time when doing consulting work or catering work and this seemed to be an easy enough program to use. At first it was and it was simple to use and it allowed us to organize our timekeeping as we wanted.

Cons

It seemed to be just a bit too simple. Or maybe it was too challenging. Too many of our employees had issues with inputting the information as necessary and things were not as well organized as we wanted. Then, the glitches in the system did not allow for accurate timekeeping and effective records.

Hi there. We're very sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Homebase. We'd love to see if we can fix these issues for you. If you are open to giving us another shot, our customer support team can be reached at help@joinhomebase.com. Thanks.

LR

Luis R.

Accounting, self-employed

Good online time tracking with a free option

Overall, timekeeping and producing the reports is very easy and intuitive. However dealing with adjustments can be very time consuming and frustrating.

Pros

I really liked the fact that employees can clock in on their own phone or on a shared kiosk.

Cons

The most challenging part about using Homebase was when making time entry corrections. It forces you to click into an entry, wait for a popup, make the change, hit save. You need to start the whole process for a different entry. This is very time consuming when you're on a deadline. A spreadsheet like functionality to make these changes would be very helpful, as I've seen them on other solutions. This is the one reason I switched to another product.

PD

Paul D.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Clocking In for Homebase

Overall, this software does it is supposed to do. As long as it tracks my hours and when I clock in and out, I can't complain. Everything is easy to use through the app.

Pros

We use Homebase as the timeclock for our company. All of the hourly-paid emplyees use it. It does what it needs to do, it clocks me in and out to get paid.

Cons

Can't compain about Homebase. It does what it needs to do. It clocks me in and out at work. I need to clock in to get paid.

WR

Wendy R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Homebase for Aquatics

This has made scheduling so easy for me and my team. Time sheets are also easier and less time consuming.

Pros

Homebase makes my scheduling so easy. I do not have a schedule that repeats itself from week to week for any of my employees. Homebase has made it easy for me to keep track of all of my departments and schedule them with ease. I love that I can create a template to use for my schedules and just assign shifts to my team as needed. It was very easy to implement this when we first started with Homebase. The color coding on the schedules makes it easy for my team to know what they are doing.

Cons

It is sometimes temperamental and hard to clock in and out of on your phone. It will kick you out of homebase where you have to relog in and that takes time. That is sometimes due to our wifi here at our facility, but the geo fence acts up at times too.

AS

Andrea S.

Oil & Energy, 5,001-10,000 employees

Meticulous evaluation based on key factors

Streamlining administrative tasks with great customization.

Pros

There is overall cost benefits ratio to ensure affordability without compromising on quality. Provides a curated list of insights which are key to growth. It is easy to use and implement.

Cons

I didn't notice any negatives with the tool. Everything is as expected. The ease of use and available features are worth appreciating.

ML

Marie L.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Yes I recommend but would like to see a few changes

Good. I recommend to others.

Pros

It is very easy to use and to train staff to use. I appreciate the multiple features.

Cons

The message feature leaves a lot to be desired. While the feature is essential to our team and used almost daily, it is cumbersome. For example, I message one team member. After time passes I would like to delete the message- for good. Instead after I delete that message the next time I message that one team member the old message thread reappears (from archive) and if I have deleted every comment in the former thread- it shows those bubbles saying deleted comment by me. YUCK- i do not like. The new pop up while in the scheduling portion. Anytime I change the schedule it asks if I want to repeat even if changing only one day. Then it takes another click to say no to the box asking that is a quarter size of the page. Please add a do not ask again check box to this.

CR

Cynthia R.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Homebase makes scheduling more productive and simpler

definitely like the ease of it, it's simple and makes our scheduling productive and its done with a quick copy and paste and a few minor changes. Saves me so much time, and time is valuable in my shoes.

Pros

How easy it is to use and how user friendly it is. It really allows my team to be able to see their schedule on their own time, so simple for them to message me or other teammates. It's so easy for them to request time off, or update their hours. Really helped me out with these tasks that used to be a pain.

Cons

I wish there were ways to set up reminder. Like birthdays, anniversaries, etc for the admin or manager. It would be nice if we could upload documents and employee file notes on this system to make management life easier.

MS

Maegen S.

Retail, 1-10 employees

We love Homebase

In the several years we have been using Homebase, we have loved it! It gives us a professional appearance with scheduling and timecards!

Pros

We love how easy homebase is to use for everyone on our team! It is so professional and consistent! It gives small business owners the ability to use a tool with little or no cost! Our associates absolutely love the easy to use app!

Cons

We really do not have anything we do not like!

LD

Linda D.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Homebase needs one more thing!

Pros

Easy to use. Some great features. Only used customer service once so far but they were very helpful that time.

Cons

We started this program at a restaurant, we then added a theater, then another restaurant (different one) and finally we have added a hotel. It works great for all of the above. We changed the POS system we use for the buffet and the sit-down restaurant and Homebase is not compatible with that program (R-Power). It would be so much more helpful if it worked with that program so that we could track our staffing costs along with revenue. It would make the system perfect for us if they added this feature. We could change to a different program that works with R-Power, but we were already familiar with this program and we wanted to use the same program across all of our properties. We are a family owned business and simplicity and cost effectiveness are very important to us.

Junko O.

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

A software that helps manage processes

A tool that allows schedules and daily occupations to look much easier and organized is a great tool for any company

Pros

I like it because it is a tool that allows personal planning as well as it is a business communications system with comprehensible and collaborative visualizations, it is remarkable because it has functions that are usually even more accessible, it allows those who calculate and manage job information by hours are better analyzed and managed from wherever you are

Cons

It has not seemed complicated to me, there are certain sectors that can be seen more identified business-wise, but there are no limitations with this tool because it is quite versatile.

PB

Paula B.

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

Great product for the money!!

When I was searching for this type of service I could not believe the expense. Finding homebase has been a blessing. Now that I have upgraded to meet all of my needs. I may have to shop again as I do find it a bit pricy for the extra services.

Pros

The integration with gusto when it was working. Time keeping is so easy. Almost employees can operate without issues. Love the gps. Best product for the money!!!

Cons

The major jump in price to not allow everyone to see other schedules. My managers can still see labor cost. The inconsistency with the integration to gusto. I believe is Gusto’s issue. I have reached out to them to ask them to look into it.

RL

Roy L.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Great platform

Always been great. I have used many different similar platforms, this by far has exceeded everything I needed.

Pros

The cost and ease of use of the platform

Cons

I have not experienced anything I do not like about it.

MV

Melissa V.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Easy to use, affordable and convinient

Pros

I love how Home base is very easy to navigate. There are lots of features that help manage employees and keep up with reports. For house keeping industry I find it makes my life a lot easier.

Cons

No cons about Home base but if they would allow for more employee details in Team set up that would be awesome and beneficial.

KM

Kayla M.

Building Materials, 11-50 employees

Customizable Pricing Plans

The only benefit for us right now is to have the time clock.

Pros

I like the time clock feature, but that is basically all that we use in our "plan" because most of the other features don't apply to us.

Cons

I wish you could customize your different pricing options a little bit more. We could really use the vacation tracking along with customizable breaks, but can't justify paying significantly more for the next level as we won't use ANYTHING else that is included. For example, for our company we would use the scheduling calendar, the time clock to track hours & breaks, along with being able to add 'Holiday'...

IM

Ivy M.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Good value for high volume independent contractor payrolls, but missing some features

Homebase has saved us a lot of time and heartache with scheduling part time seasonal staff. I haven't found a better solution for my business yet that is even in the same ballpark for price.

Pros

Homebase has a good timeclock function, and it allows for nice, intuitive departmental divisions that allow multiple managers to schedule and process timesheets independently. It's very affordable for managing teams of hundreds of part-time, casual, seasonal contract employees. Staff seem to be able to navigate the mobile app and shift-claiming process with relative ease.

Cons

Because I'm scheduling for an event-based business, I wish I could assign a Customer/Job to a shift and export the data accordingly. This would make my cost allocations easier for accounting purposes. I don't think there's a way for my team to see the breakdown of their tips and wages from the app, so I get alot of questions about that breakdown.

PS

Peter S.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Simply the best

Great, saves time and keeps people up today with the ever changing schedule of a seasonal recreational business.

Pros

How easy it is to have staff clock in and out. I also love how easy it is to fix hours when staff forget to clock in or out.

Cons

When setting up schedules you can not just copy one employee from week to week.

LS

Laurie S.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Fit our small business scheduling needs

We've loved the repeat schedule option and the way it integrates into our POS system. This has probably saved me several hours a week in scheduling and payroll tasks.

Pros

Before Homebase, we were using a spreadsheet to figure out schedules. Now we can easily schedule out a few weeks, allow employees to put in leave requests, and control clock ins and clock outs.

Cons

It's been a bit tricky trying to export Homebase data into Paychex for payroll. I also would love to have more of the analytics wrapped into the basic paid package, since managing labor costs against revenue is one of the biggest issues for a small food service business.

GS

Guy S.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Excellent all around labor management tool

Love it! The software functionality has grown as our business has grown. The few times we needed customer support the Homebase team has been wonderful to deal with.

Pros

The daily dashboard and ability to create custom departments and roles makes implementation very easy.

Cons

No employee document storage, however, I believe that has been addressed recently

CR

Chelsea R.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Have used free version for our mental health nonprofit for 2+ years

Pros

As the ED of a young nonprofit I wear a lot of hats. Homebase, offering a free version that is easy to use for schedules, clocking hours, payroll, etc., has made my life significantly easier without a price tag.

Cons

Keeping in mind we use the free version, of course I would love more of the paid features to be included. Maybe fewer pop up. But the fact it is free trumps any of that stuff.

BR

Breanna R.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Does the job, but too busy

It works well as a TimeClock and to view one single staff members schedule, but the app could use a face-lift.

Pros

Our facility uses HomeBase for employee scheduling and as a TimeClock. I find it easy to know when my next shift is, and it is easy to submit time-off requests. The messaging feature is okay, but it is easier for staff to communicate via text or email.

Cons

I dislike that staff members cannot filter the schedule to view only employees working a specific position. It only allows staff to view their own schedule or everyone's schedule without narrowing down further. A filter would help. It is also constantly pushing a "Cash Out" feature. When you combine the "Cash Out" feature with the schedule that cannot be filtered and the employee shout-outs/messages, it all feels overwhelming to look at.

AD

Andrew D.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Lots of features, but not well integrated

Works well if all employees are diligent users with consistent schedules week to week, but it is very difficult and time consuming to fix items when timesheets get off or there are a lot of shift trades or covers to approve.

Pros

There are a lot of features that come either with the free edition or the basic package, it was by far the least expensive option for what we were looking for. Time tracking, scheduling, and different pay rates for different roles.

Cons

The different features are not very well integrated with each other. When someone requests a trade or cover for a shift, they can attach a message to the request, but it doesn't go through the messenger feature. Someone has to open the request to see the message. Geofence is great for making sure someone is at work when they clock-in, but if they forget to clock-out before they leave they are kept from doing so because they are outside the geo-fence. So I (the admin) have to fix their timesheet the next day. There are also issues with the automatic clock-out feature if someone has two different shifts in the same day.

Alec R.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

Homebase Review

Extremely poor due to the fact that it doesn't do even the bare minimum, we wanted a scheduling app that has all our employees and lets us talk to them. It lets us talk to them just fine but its always about how they were scheduled wrong and have to constantly fix problems.

Pros

Allows employees switch shifts with ease and keep in pretty constant communications with them as well. Keeps all employee info in on place for ease of access.

Cons

The whole point of this software is scheduling and it is absolutely terrible at it! It puts employees who aren't trained for the positions into those spots constantly. Every time we go to change what each person can work the system randomly changes people around making it a constant job to make sure people aren't put into the wrong spot. Also it puts people who are unavailable into shifts they can't...