honeybeeBase Reviews

4.17/5 (29 reviews)

Reviewed 2019-03-22

The biggest area I have benefited from is the accrual of PTO. This used to take a significant amount of time every pay period to calculate manually. Honeybee allows us to input an employee's hire date and tell it how to calculate for each employee automatically. This has allowed us to become more efficient and also to ensure our calculations are exact with no errors.

Pros
It tracks an abundance of information. I like how you can customize it to your company's needs, such as your company's PTO policy. It made it easy to track different employees' time off accruals, which are unique to each employee depending upon date of hire, position, etc. Our employees like the fact that they can have the app on their personal smart phones so they can keep track of their own hours, requests for time off, etc. Utilizing this app has saved us money in the long run due to having to use less paper for time sheets, time off requests, and PTO updates to employees. Customer service is excellent. Anytime I've emailed or called, I've received a response in a very timely manner.

Cons
It took us quite awhile to learn how to maneuver the site. Sometimes I still get confused how to get back to a certain section. I'd like to see a more thorough instructional manual become available. Even though we've gotten used to most areas of the software that we use daily, those areas that are less frequently used still take up more time than we'd like just to remind ourselves of how to tackle certain issues. I've had to make our own HoneybeeBase instructional manual, so it would have been nice if a more thorough one was provided.

Thomas Hammons

Overall, Great!

Reviewed 2019-02-20

Currently rolling out to the entire team, but it has made the vacation request & tracking extremely efficient as well as the time clock feature giving direct responsibility back to the employees.

Pros
Ease of adding employees, constantly adding updates and great customer support.

Cons
You can tell this tool is oriented towards smaller groups. For example, doing mass updates is not possible with vacation allowances or locations access. I had to manually modify the location for 67 employees 1 by 1. When mass updating it would be a god send to be able to input hire date and employee number instead of one by one later. While the knowledge section is a great starter, there is much left that's needed, specifically for managers , supervisors, and the account owners. There are several aspects that are missing from the tool, for example the absent function. When searching for it in the knowledge base, no results returned. How is it intended to be used?What can it be used for? Is there a way to set specific holidays? I'm not sure at this point still. I'd hate to have to add it for 130 agents, or even add 6 different accruement policies.

Zachary Mc Alexander

Great Software

Reviewed 2019-03-09

Pros
I like that I am able to setup multiple departments within a company but for many that would be different physical locations. Instead of that function I would like to see site functionality button. So I can setup different locations.

Cons
There is not much I do not like about the software. The worse part would be the breadcrumbs (the link clicking) do not always take you back to where you were.

Holly Stevens

Easy to Train - Easy to Use - Easy to Track

Reviewed 2019-01-31

We have been very pleased with the experience and support.

Pros
We feel very fortunate that we found HoneybeeBase. It has made our time tracking so much easier. We have employees in the field and in house and it has brought all that tracking into 1 very functional and easy to use program.

Cons
I would like to have the ability to delete notifications individually without opening them. I only have the ability to delete all of them.

Chad Brautnick

Overall A Very Good ETC System

Reviewed 2019-02-27

Overall, everyone we have interacted with has been great and at the very least has helped us come up with "work arounds" if the exact thing we were looking for isn't available yet. If we've had any questions or concerns, they have all been addressed right away!

Pros
It is relatively intuitive and simple to use for the average user. The company has been EXTREMELY helpful in setting our system up (~130 users) and working with us on understanding the finer details. Vacation scheduling is very nice, and so far seems to be working quite well for us.

Cons
It can be a little too much manual entry and set up for larger organizations (100+) as certain items may need to be altered on a per person method. However, we can see that once everything is set up properly, it will need very little ongoing maintenance.

Marcy Bolek

10/24/18 Environmental Laboratory Review

Reviewed 2018-10-24

Customer service is outstanding. Honeybeebase worked with us to create a function for paid time off based on custom dates versus date of hire.

Pros
The ability to see real time employee Human Resource information, the ability to assign users to a specific supervisor, the ability to assign rights to users, user access to paid time off accruals and a web based time clock system. The software also provides a means to create quizzes and print certificates. The customer support team provides on-line training, answers questions promptly by email and helps populate users in the software.

Cons
Honeybeebase provide on-line training but as with any new software product it is a little difficult to find some of the functions.

Recommendation

Reviewed 2019-03-11

I find it very easy to use. It is prompt and the layout is user friendly

Pros
Ease of use. I can easily clock myself in.

Cons
So far there is nothing that I dislike about it.

Stephanie Roha

Easy, Inexpensive, and just what we needed!

Reviewed 2019-01-16

We were using call logs previously to track our employee hours, time off, etc. It was SO much work. Once we implemented Honeybee, it went SO much more smoothly. And the integration with QuickBooks is an added bonus!

Pros
I love the ease of use for the employees clocking in and out, sending notes to their supervisors, and overall time-tracking.

Cons
It took me just a little bit to figure out some of the in-depth settings, like locking it to a specific terminal, but with the help of their Customer Support, we got it figured out pretty quickly.

Cory Cendrowski

Great Product

Reviewed 2019-02-18

great experience!!!

Pros
Vacation/Time off tracking - very easy and efficient

Cons
I had a few issues with entering partial absences

Kate Arnold

Fantastic software that is accurate and easy to use.

Reviewed 2017-12-12

The price, service, and actual product it great. Reports are neat and much easier to use than our last company we were using.

Pros
This software is extremely user-friendly. We have employees from all age ranges and everyone uses it daily with ease. The customer service is also phenomenal. Extremely fast with their responses to any questions we have. They provide hands-on training, and so much more. Can't recommend enough.

Shannon Fleming

Finally a service that does what it claims to do

Reviewed 2019-03-28

Pros
I love everything about HBB especially the APP! It's very easy to use and extremely user friendly. I love that you can set multiple time zones. We have locations all over the US and having the time zones set for specific employees is a god send!

Cons
I don't like that you can't edit an employees timecard in real time. You have to wait until the employee ends the shift to make any changes.

Sunny Miles

Newby

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-02-04

I transferred to this in accordance to Crosstown Courier that I have my contract with

Pros
Uploading a photo ability to log vacation hrs

Cons
It doesn't matter what I do the same icons&tools displayed on the help screens for both the mobile and the desktop sites aren't the same as what I have available to me it's very frustrating and I still don't know if I was able to approve my hours so in the back of my head all I can think about is not getting paid

Response from honeybeeBase

We're sorry to hear that you are having trouble navigating the system. While some of your questions may need to be answered by your administrator based on the policies they have put in place, our support staff is available by email Support@honeybeebase.com or by phone 234-262-0005. We would be happy to answer any questions you might have!

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Anonymous

Not bad for website application

Reviewed 2019-02-20

If you set it as a homepage it’s easier to remember to use and get used to.

Pros
Ease of clocking in and out, review of time punches for the week.

Cons
I feel this should be a desktop application of some sort, instead of always have to open it in internet explorer or google chrome, or at least have a background app that stays open to remind you to clock in and out.

Curtis Von Behren

Excellence

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-02-12

Pros
Ease of use...easy set up..effectively operating system

Cons
Nothing is wrong with app...does everything I require

Tiffany Ratliff

DRRCS

Reviewed 2019-01-24

The app runs slow occassionally

Pros
I am able to keep track of my employees times. I'm also able to view the available time I have off. I like the clock in and clock out location on the map.

Cons
Without timesheets it's hard to make sure the staff are getting their exact hours.

Justin Davis

Great time keeping

Reviewed 2019-03-07

Pros
It's ease of use is worth applauding, I have had bad experiences logging in and out of other clocking servers/sites.

Cons
It clocks me out early when I click in in the morning, I'm clocked out before I finish my shift.

Troy Brant

Easy peasy lemon squeezy

Reviewed 2019-02-22

Very easy to use. App works on amy platform. Android, apple, windows...all work seamlessly.

Pros
Easy of use. App works seamlessly. Accurate time keeping and payroll accounting.

Cons
GPS location takes some time when cell phone reception is poor

Pam Lung

GREAT customer service! Always there to help with questions and set up.

Reviewed 2018-01-16

Pros
Great functionality for the price. Love the ability to send mail to each other without having email!

Cons
Would like better reporting. Have to push reports to Excel, then manipulate. More internal reports would be helpful.

Useful

Reviewed 2019-01-07

I like the app's capabilities

Pros
Ease of which to click in and out of my shift even with having ever changing work places

Cons
Sometime I forget to click in and out upon arrival of my ever changing work place

Honeybeebase

Reviewed 2019-01-04

We have worked through some of the quirks and are becoming more familiar with it.

Pros
I like the look of the software and it is somewhat easy to use.

Cons
I wish they would tell you during the trial period that there isn't really phone support to help you set your organization up.

Response from honeybeeBase

Thank you for the feedback! Our phone support is available to both subscribed clients and those on trial to make sure we help you get your account up and running. Sometimes we do experience higher call volume that may require you to leave a message on our support line, but our team will always try to return your call as soon as possible. We are also always happy to provide email or web conference support as well!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Thomas Killian

Awesome

Reviewed 2019-01-16

Helped with my organization to get an affordable electronic time sheet program

Pros
Easy to use from all aspects from front line staff to administration

Cons
Nothing at all I feel all features are a great

Bert Ballinger

Quick and Easy!

Reviewed 2019-03-01

Pros
I like how quick it is to sign in, and how easy it is to post information.

Cons
I don't see any "cons" with this software. It's really easy to use.

richard matiyow

easy login

Reviewed 2019-02-20

Pros
I like the ease of use for this time clock

Cons
no button for lunch which would make time punching a tad easier

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Sara Coyan

Not user friendly

Reviewed 2019-04-01

The things that I enjoy about Honeybeebase could easily be accomplished with another program that has a better user interface. Honeybeebase would benefit from a UX/UI consultant that could redesign the website. I will be recommending that we select a different program for future time card and time off tracking.

Pros
I do like that I can see the team's time off, and I can add & approve requests for all users.

Cons
Nothing about the program is intuitive. The menu is difficult to navigate, and includes too many steps to get to a simple task.

Response from honeybeeBase

We're sorry to hear that you are finding the system hard to use. While we typically receive positive reviews from our customers for how intuitive our system is, we also recognize that we can always work to make it even better. We would welcome any feedback you have on how to improve your experience on the system. You can send your suggestions to use at support@honeybeebase.com

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Bill Sammons

System freezesup

Reviewed 2019-03-13

not good so far

Pros
nothing so far seems to waste of 1s and 0s

Cons
freezes and slow does response well to commands

Response from honeybeeBase

We're sorry to hear that you are having issues with slow run times and freezing Bill. Because our service is web-based, typically issues like this can be caused by the internet connection you are using to run the program. We would be happy to help you with any troubleshooting you might need. You can contact us at support@honeybeebase.com

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10