HotSchedules Reviews

HotSchedules

Scheduling and workforce management for restaurants

HotSchedules

Customer Service seems to be fairly solid. I've ran into a few issues that took some time to resolve with the Task List. CSRs always remain energetic, positive and endure through to the solution. I'd like to see more stable reps... less moving my account around between reps. I would also like to see more functionality for the task list. My rep has these on his radar.

Cons

Alex, We know you're very busy, so thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us feedback. We're happy to hear you've had good experiences with your CSR's. If you have any specific suggestions for product enhancements, please do not hesitate to voice your thoughts on our community forum page! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200388757-Feature-Requests

Hot Schedules

Solid product backed by dependable service. We are just getting started w/ this product but have been looking for a solution to have managers really see where they can control their labor cost (this represents a portion of thier bonus) without sacraficing service. The solution we're seeing is the ease of use to build templates, build schedules using these templates and monitor their easy to understand reporting. From their, its elementary for them to tweek their templates to hit the right labor cost percentages. We're also using thier Digital Logbook and Schoox and all are impressive products.

Cons

Joe, Thank you so much for the great review! We love to serve those who serve and are happy to help your business run more efficiently. Thank you for being a part of our community. Happy Scheduling!

HotSchedules app

We u see this app to save employee information and make schedules also were able to do safe counts .I really do love this app.

Pros

Love how easy it is to make schedules .I like that you can do safe counts and that this app also hold employee s numbers and emails.

Cons

I couldn't find any real cons with this app. It is very useful and helpful.soni don't know what I could say bad about HotSchedules

Scheduling just got way easier!

Pros

Scheduling is no longer a hassle, and the manager no longer has to be the middle man for scheduling changes between co-workers.

Cons

Nothing bad to report about this product. It does what it says it will do with no glitches or downs.

Great Software

Pros

This is a powerful tool for creating employee schedules and changing them as needed.

Cons

It takes some time to learn about all the features.

Hi John - thank you for taking the time to review your experience with HotSchedules. I'm glad you are getting value from the tool.

Hot Schedules Review

It has good points and bad points, but over all the tool is very useful. Sometimes getting into the program can be difficult, but once your in things are easy to navigate.

Pros

It works well with your staff

Cons

It sometimes can be difficult to log into.

Hi Tumoor! We really appreciate you taking time out of your day to write us a review! We'd love to discuss with you some of the problems your having logging in and how we could better improve your experience. Here are some articles that may help with your log-in issues: https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/categories/201208537-HotSchedules Thank you again for the feedback!

Ok, but not Great

Its ok, but it could be of more use for the regular users, the Admin parts are better.

Pros

What it has is very easy to use, the website and app current functionalities. such as checking your shifts and basic hours of individuals.

Cons

The lacking of Subcategorizing with color coded its disturbing, basically you cannot do a Sub sub categories to divide different departments zones.

Awesome Scheduling Software

HotSchedules will change the culture of your restaurant, it really is one of the best software programs I've ever used. Employees can make requests to work or take off, release, swap, or pick up shifts, and send messages. The app is very easy to use and for anyone who doesn't have a smartphone the website is great or a manager can quickly print anyone's schedule. Everything is super customizable for manager's writing the schedule and for employees. Invest in this program, it's great.

One Happy Pizza Shop

Couldn't be any happier. HotSchedules has streamlined the way we make a schedule, and has organized the way we do things! The staff really enjoys being able to control their personal schedule from the comfort of a smart phone. Also the number of headaches have dramatically been on a decline since the introduction of HotSchedules. Thank you!

Pros

The auto-scheduler and templates.

Cons

You can't put a limit on how many people request off the same day.

Efficient but left much to be desired

For the most part, it was fairly straightforward and easy use. There were a few features I was told you could use Hot Schedules for but could never figure out how to do such as view my schedule or switch shifts with a fellow colleague. For a small staff it did its job.

Pros

I liked how I could clock in remotely from anywhere, I didn't need to be at a specific location or be in range but it would have been nice to know where it "pinned" me for clocking in. A coworker recommended we use this as a means of clocking in and out.

Cons

It was very easy to forget to clock out, or clock out by mistake. It was a head ache for my payroll person to calculate our hours when this happened. I know I had trouble with little mistakes like that and it was hard to tabulate my actual hours and get an idea of what my paycheck would be. Ultimately, we decided to move to another app to track our hours.

The system did not work with and was not integrated with our pos system as represented and sold

Pros

not much - there really isn't much I like about it - it was the only one that was supposed to work with our pos and it doesn't

Cons

not as user friendly as other scheduling software I have used - doesn't do everything I'd like it to - doesn't work well with our POS as indicated in sales process - would not buy again

Hotschedules

Overall HotSchedules is a great value application with even better customer service. While there are some hiccups while using the site, on average it is reliable. I recommend for any size business!

Pros

Customer Service Integration with TimePro Reports Graphs

Cons

New Scheduler Sometimes unreliable/site issues

Quality Product - Could Use Work

Great idea and nice to have for many industries with hourly employees, but I wouldn't view this as a solid solution for large organizations quite yet. Also, in the age we live in I do expect a mobile site (especially for a paid product) to scale appropriately with different devices via mobile web.

Pros

Ability to see my schedule online whenever I needed to access it and how it tied in with the tablet used to clock in and out was a great perk. Being able to put shifts up for a trade or someone to pickup and pickup available shifts was also quick and easy to do in the moment.

Cons

The mobile app required a fee, which would not be paid by the company employees were working for. Mobile site was pretty functional but had a lot of issues regularly and did not scale properly for mobile devices. Not overly intuitive when it came to settings, some navigation, and sending messages regarding open shifts.

HotSchedules

HotSchedules is a solid scheduler and software to use to communicate scheduling real time.

Pros

The software is straight forward and easy to use. Easily customizable and adaptable. Users can also download the app to stay up to date.

Cons

The roll out of HotSchedules was a bit tricky but that's based on the fact that we did things in spread sheets. Once users got accustomed to it, it was a breeze.

It does the trick

Overall it does what it needs to do. It does not feel like improvements are being made so it will continues to offer a functional solution to staff scheduling

Pros

Mass communication and announcements to a large team are made easy

Cons

Sync to outlook or google calendars is unreliable when reposting changes to a schedule

Saves me lots of time!

Pros

I like to use Hot schedules to help me build a schedule for my employees, it save me lots of time with having to send out the schedule and insuring everyone gets it! The best part is all request can submitting in one place.

Cons

I have noticed often when in use the page will shut down or reload sometime causing me to start over not always!

Overall Happy

We just began using hotschedules but so far so good. It has made our communication much easier. There are a couple of features i would like to see that arent available yet but overall well worth the money.

Cons

Erica, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are pleased to help make your business run more efficiently. Our Customer Care team is available 24/7 if you ever experience problems! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us

Serves Its Purpose

Got the job done, but could use some improvements.

Pros

Ability to message staff and section them off by department. Mobile app available.

Cons

It was not as user friendly; didn't have templates or allow me to copy the schedule from week to week. I wasn't able to do the schedule via the app.

Best Scheduling Product

I get all the benefits of viewing and changing my schedule around in the palm of my hand. How much better can that get??

Pros

Hotschedules is the go-to product when it comes to schedules and your employees. Shift swaps and approvals are seamless.

Cons

The product does what it says it does for the most part. Could be more streamlined and updated.

Pros

Fairly easy to use. Customer service is easy to get a hold of. You can access most (not all) features from the app. It's easy to send out mass messages to staff and we like the logbook feature.

Cons

Sales people falsely represented the product. We had a whole lot of trouble getting it up and running and a whole lot of trouble with training calls, etc. The produce could be much for streamlined for 2018. Semi-archaic and out of date.

Low stress scheduling, and great employee interactions

More time managing, less time with schedukes

Pros

i like that employees can take more ownership of their schedules with limited interactions with managers freeing them to manage and not have so much time figuring out schedules.

Cons

The initial set up and first schedule can feel overwhelming and the set up pages aren't automatically emailed to new hires.

Organize Work Shifts with HotSchedules

Pros

HotSchedules conveniently allows employees and employers to coordinate work shift schedules online in a central location.

Cons

The ability to communicate via messages is a little bit confusing and not as streamlined as it could be. Getting messages out and knowing when you have messages is not as simple as it could be.

Provide a rewarding experience

It facilitates the internal organization of employees measuring performance and managing daily schedules and tasks.

Pros

It is a tool in the cloud that facilitates organizing the work team, managing time, performance and daily operation.

Cons

The use of this software has been very beneficial, I could only say that the support attention is a bit slow.

Good for team building

Mostly easy with some room to improve, would recommend to other business

Pros

Very easy to manage your schedule, very intuitive when sending emails to fellow teammates or newer recruits, overall management is a huge plus.

Cons

Time consuming when setting up specific schedules, even if some people have similar or identical hours.

Hot Mess!

Would not recommend...............................

Pros

That the crew can request time off digitally. And can check for OT in Real time...other than that not much more. Like that customer service is quick to answer any questions.

Cons

That it goes by job title. If you give an increase you have to give that employee that increase for each job title. I don’t care for the color coding. It’s too close and difficult to differentiate. Too much information that is not necessary. Can not check time punches in real time. You have to wait till the next day. You can’t monitor labor hour by hour. Labor is not compatible with Altametrics.