HotSchedules Logo

HotSchedules Reviews - Page 3

MB

Michael B.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Hot Schedules is easy to use and they have great customer support.

The opportunity to review a company that I use everyday. This is a more professional way of reviewing a company to help them to know what they are doing right and to possibly fix what they are doing wrong.

Pros

Ease of scheduling . We use the messaging every night to update all on how the day went. If there are any questions their customer support is easy to get a hold of and the problem has been fixed before hanging up. We like employees hour's tracking to keep everyone at or below 40 hours a week.

Cons

I don't like having to sign in everytime I want to use it. We would like to connect this to our POS system to have other tracking capabilities but there are additional fees for that.

Anthony R.

Hotschedules Implimentation

I recently signed up for hotschedules for my business that opens up in March. The support staff was great and very knowledgable in questions I had for hotschedules.

Pros

I love that this software is more comman than it use to be. Most employees hired have heard or used hotschedules which makes the transition alot easier. Communication threw hotschedules makes this program a must for any business that has a decent sized staff

Cons

Software is great however it is a little pricey for what it does. Dont get me wrong its great but just a hair high

Anthony, We know you're very busy, so thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us feedback. We appreciate your role in our community. If you have any specific suggestions for product enhancements, please do not hesitate to voice your thoughts on our community forum page! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200388757-Feature-Requests Happy Scheduling!

JB

James B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Simple enough to use for great scheduling

I love to use Hotschedules to make up the schedule a few weeks in advance it’s very easy to check and see who needs what days off and fairly easy to go online and switch shifts with someone that even notifies the manager and they must approve This software is super easy to set up and use and I would recommend this to anyone looking for help with scheduling

Pros

First let me start off by saying I have used hotschedules now for years I first started off using it when I worked in restaurants as a server. It was the only way you could know when you work and request time off. Now that I have my own buisness I still use Hotschedules because of how much I like it. It’s super easy to log on from anywhere and check the schedule adjust the schedule look at upcoming shifts as well as pull up who wants when off for when your making the schedule

Cons

The thing I liked least about Hotschedules is the fact that most the time to download the app on your phone there is a fee and you can’t download the app without paying it.

CW

Carrie W.

HotSchedules

I would recommend Hot Schedules to any employer that has a lot of employees they are writing schedules for.

Pros

I liked how much easier it made my job. No longer was I receiving phones calls from employees wanting to switch shifts and then having the other employee call and verify that they were picking up the shift. The request was made online and all I had to do was approve. It also helped greatly with accountability since it recorded who was working what shift and when.

Cons

It wasn't an easy program to learn how to use. I struggled with learning all of its functionalities which made schedule writing very stressful until I figured it out.

KD

Katelyn D.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Hot schedule for the win

HotSchedule has changed my life, from picking up shifts, switching around schedules, automatically picking up more hours during the weeks I needed it... It has made getting in contact with co-workers, management etc so easy as well. I really am grateful for a product such as this.

Pros

I loved being able to easily pull up my schedule from anywhere possible via mobile access. Having my work schedule accessible from anywhere while I am on the go makes my life very convenient not only that but being able to easily reschedule or move my schedule around with others makes this product top tier.

Cons

There wasn't anything I disliked about HotSchedule, there is just one feature I didn't really use was time clock. Only reason being was my company used an alternative method of clocking in.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Very convenient

I really like HotSchedules because it’s so convenient. The program is fairly easy to use but could use improvements like more schedule layout options.

Pros

HotSchedules is very convenient to use for the business and employees. I love that I can message everyone as a group, a specific job title, or individuals. I love that the employees can view their schedule in real time from anywhere.

Cons

HotSchedules is time consuming to use. The functionality of the scheduling area could be improved to save time. When it comes to syncing employees with our Micros system it takes too much time and has gotten “hung up” multiple times. Customer service gives great direction but takes too long to get an answer. The layout of the roster is hard to read and offering different layout options would be a huge improvement.

FP

Francis P.

Ocean Blue Review

We use a few of your products, HotShedules, LogBook, Inventory. All of them make our job easier and more affective. There is a lot of room to grow with the Inventory product. Hopefully we will see improvements in the future. Still, very pleased with all the products.

Pros

IOS Compatibilty, cloud based.

Cons

Reporting can be cumbersome at times. Not all functions work well on Safari Browser.

Francis, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we really appreciate it! We value any and all feedback for our products to influence updates in the future. We have a community request forum where you can voice your ideas and insights directly to a Customer Care specialist. Thanks again! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200388757-Feature-Requests

LT

Lisa T.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Easy, a word usually not used in the Restaurant Biz.

I have been using Hot Schedules for several years now, and I have to say it always pleases! In the service industry, the word "easy" is not usually thrown around. As a FOH manager, and a former FOH staff member Hot Schedules has always been super easy to use and super helpful! Also, implementing it into the restaurant was quick, easy, and the most affordable. The Hot Schedules team is always around to provide great customer service as well! If you are in the market for a new scheduling, labor tracking, (among many other things) service. I would for sure go with Hot Schedules!

Cons

Lisa, Thank you so much for the great review! We love to serve those who serve and are happy to help your business run more efficiently. Thank you for being a part of our community. Happy Scheduling!

AM

Ashley M.

I used HotSchedules when I was a server in college.

Pros

I absolutely loved HotSchedules!!! It was so easy to use, and so convenient to see my schedule in real time! It was also great to be able to send messages back and forth with other employees or mass emails for shift coverage. HotSchedules made my life as a server SO much easier and convenient!

Cons

There isn't much to complain about with HotSchedules. If I was going to suggest any change, it would maybe be to spruce it up a bit so it's a little more colorful. My schedule and messages were always in grey and black. Color isn't necessary, but it is a little more appealing.

Tiara H.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

All in one scheduler and social exchange

Pros

Users can be grouped into categories based on department, allowing for effective communication without clutter. Also users' title and contact information is kept in a master directory readily available to other users. Another great feature is push notifications regarding company announcements, published schedules, and schedule changes. No need to constantly check the app for changes.

Cons

There is no free version of the app, which could be problematic for some employees. Although not expensive, some users don't like to pay for an app to view their schedule.

MB

Mike B.

Great service

Hot Schedules has been a great tool for our managers and staff. It's easy to use, customer service has been great to deal with.

Pros

We like to reports it's nice to get a good picture of our overhead.

Cons

The latest updates to building a schedule are a bit confusing.

Mike, We know you're very busy, so thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us feedback. We love to serve those who serve and are happy to help your business run more efficiently. If you have any specific suggestions for product enhancements, please do not hesitate to voice your thoughts on our community forum page! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200388757-Feature-Requests Happy Scheduling!

RL

Ryan L.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

The best in the business!!!

Pay the money, reap the rewards, save time and be on the floor with your team where you should be!

Pros

RELIABILITY!!!It never goes down, support is always helpfulBest scheduler features in the gameTemplates for quick entry are great weekly startersColor coding makes my life so much easierTransparency, every stroke documented

Cons

Takes getting used to and learning as it is complex software but get hot keys down and you've got it! Make sure you have a fairly beastly computer...it's a lot of real time processing.

Hot for HotSchedules

I love HotSchedules as a server, this app is a dream. I am able to see how many people are scheduled ahead of work, who I'm working with, what section or what my in and out times are and have a clear idea of my responsibilities going into work. I am also able to negotiate shift swaps and adjusting my schedule within the app with coworkers that makes it easy to find coverage or pick up some extra work!

Pros

HotSchedules is a user friendly interface that makes scheduling, adjusting schedules, swapping shifts, or viewing staff rosters, sending messages with coworkers incredibly accessible and easy to use.

Cons

No cons, this app is a dream for people with a dynamic and hectic schedule and good management running the app for their staff.

Thank you for the great review - we really appreciate it.

YF

Yolanda F.

A idea for improvement.

I would like to see an option to add special event to the schedule calendar. This would help us as a reminder to adjust schedule to accommodate for the increase or decease of business. Also it would provide historical data for future budget/forecasting.

Pros

-It's available in a smart phone app -employees are able submit days off for approval -forecasting

Cons

Adding event to schedule calendar

Yolanda, Thank you so much for your feedback! We love any bright and innovative ideas our customers come up with to help improve our product. Check out our community page to talk directly with a customer care specialist! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

MA

Mindy A.

So convenient!

The convenience of NOT having to drive to the restaurant like in the old days to swap a shift or request off, or even look at the new schedule!

Pros

I come from working in restaurants in late 90s & 2000s, so this app is a dream come true! It’s so awesome to be able to view schedule, swap shifts, & send messages to staff all in one place!

Cons

I dislike not being able to request off past a certain point (less than 3wks before the shift, I think?). But that’s likely a restaurant decision vs the app.

This program was easy to learn and very user friendly.

The benefits that I get from this software are being able to put out a schedule in real time and get it to my employees in an effective way. It also benefits my employees because they are able to use it and make changes to their schedule if needed. The alerts are great!

Pros

What I like most about this software is that you can send your employees messages and post schedules that will go directly to their e-mail and/or text.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it sometimes will glitch when I'm in the middle of a schedule and then I will have to go back and redo the entire thing.

AL

Ashley L.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Overall Fine

Overall, I would probably use again. I imagine after they finish all of the big updates, it will run a little more smoothly.

Pros

This product made holding the staff accountable for knowing not only their schedules, but also any messages that needed to be mass sent out.

Cons

This software had frequent updates that caused glitches often. They also changed key features often, which made weekly logins a surprise.

Used other for 2+ years

Valuable Product

I have worked with HotSchedules in 3 different restaurants. Each experience a little different. As a team member it was amazing, being able to see my schedule, trade shifts and message other team members.. all from my phone without any communication to my manager! As a manager of a multi-unit restaurant, scheduling was a breeze, again no need to speak to team members about shifts. They were easily approved via my own phone WHEREEVER! As a Beverage Manager at a casino with 24 hours-- the logbook and adjusting the system to work within union guidelines was AMAZING! I love hotschedules, once my restaurant expands I plan to use it again!

Pros

Ease of use, accessibility -- the facebook of scheduling!

Cons

Honestly, would love to see them work on the ease of the scheduler. I feel like that whole page could be done differently. It just seems that something could be done to streamline it. The shortcuts are nice but not easily remembered. Additionally, I would love if there was a cost effective version for small independently owned restaurants.

Restaurants, 201-500 employees

Excellent Software, highly recommend it

Pros

It is very easy to navigate for both users and administrators, Not only you can access schedules but also you can swap, request time off and also sent personal messages between users.

Cons

none. Completely love app and nave nothing negative to say

HS

Heather S.

Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 employees

User Friendliness

The manager cant change the schedual, not tell you then say its always been this way. Love that!!

Pros

Its super easy to get new schedules and the managers know we have seen them. Also we can trade, drop and pick up shifts as needed. Overtime is already tracked so accepting a new shift is fine as long as the dining room is covered. I like that I can see my paycheck too great way to budget.

Cons

The app is 2.99 ok not a lot but without tje team app why should staff pay for an app the company is already paying for?

Rebecca P.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

The best way to post work schedules

I have thoroughly enjoyed using the app, and it has allowed me to take opportunities that have made me additional money I otherwise would not have known about. I recommend the app to my other coworkers, as it is only a dollar or two one time and you never have to worry about losing your schedule or wondering when all your shifts are.

Pros

I can access my work schedule whenever I want because it is both a website and an app. It not only tells you what your schedule is, but allows you to see who else you are working with. This is beneficial if you are trying to adjust your schedule for time off so you know exactly who is available and who is not, which saves a lot of time.

Cons

If you have marked yourself as unavailable it should flag someone from being able to add you to the schedule in that slot so that the person creating the schedule realizes they have made an error.

AI

Alison I.

No customer service

I really liked the services even though it was expensive. It was very user friendly. The customer care and accounting departments made my experience a bad one.

Pros

I like the functionality of the software

Cons

I am so disappointed in the customer care. hotschedules continues to charge me after I request to suspend services. I have contacted them 8 times over this and my account was drafted numerous times after cancelation. Everyone I speak to says they do not have the authority or ability to refund me or suspend or cancel my account.

KH

Kelsey H.

I used HotSchedules for a serving job and it was easy to access and convenient.

Pros

The accessibility was it is biggest pro. Being able to login to this application from anywhere and pickup or release shifts was great. I also loved that once a schedule was released, I would get a text notification of my upcoming shifts and the app also showed when my alcohol certification would expire.

Cons

There were no cons to this app. I really think this app is very beneficial to have. The only thing that I would change is for the app to document the clock in and out times.

JG

Joey G.

Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

I have used this in every major restaurant I have managed.

There are so many features to talk about I could write a book. It took me less time to right schedules, forecasting gave me an idea how many employees Id need at given areas around the restaurant and really left the guess work out of it.

Pros

Ties in with inventory and POS software to establish patterns in business and gives you Forecasting on volume of business to help with your scheduling needs.

Cons

Its expensive. Especially if you want all the major features. But you get what you pay for. If you can afford it, its worth the leap.

MW

Margaret W.

Events Services, 51-200 employees

streamlined, simple, reliable

Easy to use scheduling

Pros

Easy to schedule based on availability and staffing needs. It's nice to have a consolidated roster report for every position. I also like that you can sync it with the POS system to control labor.

Cons

New scheduling module makes it difficult to see how many people are on a certain schedule for each specific day. Also, having two request off options is confusing and sometimes makes it difficult for the MOD to control when people can and cannot request off