HotSchedules Reviews

HotSchedules

Scheduling and workforce management for restaurants

HotSchedules

Hotschedules is Helpful

Hotschedules makes it easy to trade shifts, see your schedule, request time off, and message co-workers all in one app.

Pros

My favorite thing about this program is the ability to release and pick up shifts. You can even message co-workers on the software.

Cons

Sometimes the app will glitch or freeze. However overall, Hotschedules is user friendly and their customer support is great.

Used when I was working in a restaurant

Pros

I think hot schedules was especially beneficial to the restaurant life as it allowed for real time shift changes, picking up shifts or switching shifts with someone. It also allowed me to message my managers directly.

Cons

I think the only con would be the processing time between requests that only allows for certain people to approve requests for changes.

One of best Scheduling Systems on the Market

Worked with it for several years. They are constantly evolving to meet the industry needs. Love the fact that I do not have to have several calls just to approve a shift change. It's all done on line and just a click away. A real time saver.

Pros

The variety of options available and the ease of multiple users accessibility. Also very user friendly for the staff.

Cons

A bit complicated for entry level managers

Been a HotSchedules user for over 16 years. Love it! Great tool that is always adapting

Helps us manager the staffing, labor, and communication component with our team. The add-ons for Training and Checklists is a great help.

Pros

Built for restaurants. Over the time I have worked with the HotSchedules team they are fully engaged in making this the best product that they can. The add on tools that they are building help drive our business. They are true partners.

Great Product.

It really helps with communication with your staff they have the availability to check their schedule any time. You can also eliminate early clock-ins

Pros

online access, clock-in monitoring

Cons

Inability to update the template, having to resave a schedule instead of just adjusting the template. Having to put in the password all the time on my office computer. Need an option for a "keep me signed in on this computer and only ask for passwords when making a change

Hello Laura, Thank you so much for your feedback! Here are some articles that may help with updating your template! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/articles/215565947-HS-Create-New-Templates-Based-on-Existing-Templates https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/articles/214872978-HS-How-to-Edit-Existing-Templates

HotSchedules review

All I need to do because I am a user, not a administrator of the product is 4 or 6 number digit. It’s convenient for me.

Pros

I’ve had to use this product because of work and in the last two years, 90 percent of my employers use it.

Cons

Something I didn’t like about this product I it’s that it is a little complicated to use, an DV it takes sometime to get used to it.

Super easy and convenient.

Pros

The ease of use for scheduling but also managing employee requests, requirements and required permits. Everything is at a click away.

Cons

There really isn't anything that we don't like. maybe if the actually scheduling screen was a little smaller so it's easier to see the whole week and employees in one glance. But really it's great all around.

Hotschedules

Easy to use, good reviews from staff and manangement. Worth the investment of time and money to get started

Pros

User friendly, lots of reporting capabilities, mobile app available. Helpful for budgets, forecasts, execution

Cons

Mobile app doesnt have all the features i used daily. A little more expensive then others. Some reports should be on a main screen, for quick view.

Sheduleing at it's finest.

Ease of scheduling and communication to staff. Documentation of scheduling issues are always recorded.

Pros

Communication with staff is easy. Schedule can be sent directly to staff phone via text. Staff can change shifts with ease.

Cons

Staff reporting tab could have some more detail. Training is needed to fully understand forecasting and accurate template schedule.

Convenient system

Had it for a year now. Ok system. I think it is designed mainly for restaurants types. All in all its been ok for us.

Pros

Convenient for bartenders and their availability.

Cons

Updates with the actual scheduling. Not as easy to maneuver now. A little time consuming.

Kawisha, We know you're very busy, so thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us feedback. If you have any specific suggestions for product enhancements, please do not hesitate to voice your thoughts on our community forum page! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200388757-Feature-Requests Happy Scheduling!

A great app for a growing business.

A great app for a growing business. At schedules is fairly easy to use. A few of the features are a little tricky. But the main features are a great resource To keep track of your staff. I do very much enjoy the staff log.

Pros

And all in one spot for scheduling shift changes and notifications

Cons

And all in one spot for scheduling shift changes and notifications

David, Thank you for providing us feedback! We are pleased to hear our product has made scheduling smoother and more efficient for your business. Thank you for being a part of our community!

Hot Schedules helped me out a big way!!

Pros

Hands down, the best part of this software is that I can go back and get my w2s. It is easy to log in and submit time and cover shifts, but I have never worked anywhere else that had software that I could go back years and get w2s.

Cons

Nothing, this has been my favorite software to use of all the places I've worked.

Great tool for scheduling!

Before hot schedules we were just making the schedule on an excel sheet and all the employees would give us their requests for time off on a sticky note but now with hot schedules it makes it so much easier to write the schedule and to view peoples time off request. It is also a great tool for the employees to release or pick up their shifts and seeing who will be working that day. It has made things much easier for everyone and since the majority of people have smart phones they can easily access their schedule.

Pros

-Very convenient -Easy to use -Decent price - Takes all information from Aloha so that you do not have to enter new employees multiple times

Cons

-If you terminate an employee it will come back as an active employee unless you also terminate them on Aloha

Breez, We know you're very busy, so thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us feedback. We love to serve those who serve and are happy to help your business run more efficiently. If you have any specific suggestions for product enhancements, please do not hesitate to voice your thoughts on our community forum page! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200388757-Feature-Requests Happy Scheduling!

HotSchedules is great for those in hospitality!

I have used HotSchedules while working for Red Lobster for 3 years, it has made my life so much easier!

Pros

This product easily allows me to pick up or post shifts for work so that other employees can pick up, release, or trade shifts.

Cons

The only thing that is a little tricky with this software, is setting up availability requests/schedules.

Hotschedules review

Its super helpful with mapping weekly schedules and for staff communication. Ease of use could be improved and the app should be free.

Pros

Customiable roles per employee. That the software does not delete terminated employees from the system.

Cons

It can be glitchy and does not always update in real time when multiple administrators are using.

All in one restaurant management solutions

It has been a great asset to have for our operations teams.

Pros

Love the scheduler, the hiring platform, the redbook shift log notes. All in all a superior product that is constantly getting better and evolving.

Cons

I have used this software for over 10 years. It is a great solution to almost every restaurant need.

I use the software and mobile application daily. It is very useful for scheduling and tracking labor

Maintimg schedules, communication between team members, tracking labor and sales goals.

Pros

Ease of use. It is very user friendly. It is updated regularly and offers training applications to instruct on new updates

Cons

It often freezes or becomes unresponsive at random times of the day. The house shift option is also very touchy.

So easy!

Pros

This is the best! So easy to view and use. so many helpful features. I have the app which makes all of it even easier. can trade/ask for shifts in seconds, request time off, etc. love it!

Cons

Can't think of any cons! This software does everything a restaurant needs it to! easily accessible for all.

Saves Time!

Overall I love HotSchedules. I would love to have it integrated with my POS system, which I think my franchise is working on. The other option I would like is for my staff to be able to put in how many hours they would like to work and then when I'm scheduling I would be able to see those wanted hours.

Pros

The many hours it has saved me!

Cons

Would like to be able to see how many hours each of my staff members want to work

Bamber, We know you're very busy, so thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us feedback. If you have any specific suggestions for product enhancements, please do not hesitate to voice your thoughts on our community forum page! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200388757-Feature-Requests Happy Scheduling!

Great option for EVERY Restaurant business!

All around great product to use in a restaurant with many shifts and employees.

Pros

I loved the feature of swapping shifts with other coworkers. It was very user friendly and provided great solutions for when I was a server at a very busy restaurant.

Cons

I don't remember there being very many cons to this system. I do, however remember getting a lot of notifications on my cell phone which is something each individual user can change on the features of the app on their phone.

lots see a lot of improveents

Pros

easy to navigate and communicate with staff and constant updates that make it easier if I had it my way i would always have the hotschedules available for all staff

Cons

updates and not being able leave photos on the messager, to make easier for people that dont have a phone to use and see the schedule

Hotschedules

Using hotschedules really helps restaurant employees easily access their schedules.

Pros

As a server you can easily pick up an available shift that someone else can't work, and also release/post a shift that you cannot work in order for someone else to grab it.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult knowing where to go in order to find out certain information, such as if somone sends out a message for all employees to see, but for some reason I won't be able to locate where to see the message.

First time user

I love hotschedules. It has really helped me get my business running more fluid, not just for myself but for our staff. Especially when it comes to making a schedule and the ease of use for the staff. I wish Hotschedules had a way for us to incorporate breaks though. That would be very helpful.

Pros

What I like most is the scheduling. I can make a template of a schedule used commonly or start from scratch.

Cons

What I like least is probably more on my part, and that is that I find it to be a lot going on and I am not exactly technologically savvy. But customer service has always been great at helping me answer any questions that I have.

Nikki, We know you're very busy, so thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us feedback. If you have any specific suggestions for product enhancements, please do not hesitate to voice your thoughts on our community forum page! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200388757-Feature-Requests Happy Scheduling!

Trying too hard

Pros

Hotschedules has the ability to keep everything in on location in terms ignored messaging, staffing, and forecasting.

Cons

Over the last four years there have been many updates which were supposed to be convenient but instead have made the web based program very difficult to use.

Great software works even better with schoox

Made me more efficient at ensuring that I ran accurate reports for the DM'S

Pros

I have worked in the restaurant industry and this allows for easy scheduling and payroll management for my employees and it's simple to use. Furthermore if you are using e-learning this software teams up well with Schoox *LMS* in order to provide courses for my staff. They can easily take their courses the day they start working because the system auto enrolls them into their courses while allowing them to know their shift schedule.

Cons

There's a bit of a learning curve associated with hot schedules because of the different options but it's great regardless.