HotSchedules Reviews

HotSchedules

Scheduling and workforce management for restaurants

HotSchedules

The BEST scheduling software...period.

Pros

Hotschedules is honestly the best scheduling program I have ever used. There are SO many useful tools! You can pull up metrics based on yearly trends, make notes on why staffing is up/down for the period, and make minute adjustments based on every factor you could possibly think of. You can also use it as a communication tool for both individual and mass communication. I genuinely LOVE this program, and would highly recommend it! You'll never go back to another program.

Cons

It takes a little while to learn how to use it effectively, but I promise that once you do, you'll find it pretty easy!

Great Tool to monitor employee time and more!

We have been using hot schedules for 6 months now, I can tell by experience it has improved the way our we communicate with our employees and the way we control absences and schedules. The first thing we realized was a better flow of the time management process and decreasing on the late arrivals! It can be accessed by any of our employees any time, so they are always aware of changes because of a seamless email workflow. In resume is an effective and easy to use tool.

Pros

The control on the time, schedule replication, authorization and roles.

Cons

Simon, Thank you so much for the great review! We love to serve those who serve and are happy to help your business run more efficiently. We appreciate your role in our community. Happy Scheduling!

Used it for getting my schedule for work, waiting tables

Pros

The interface was nice, I liked that I could see any notes or positions that I was scheduled for. It was easy to switch shifts with others.

Cons

Bugs, glitches, while rare, were very disruptive to everyday life, as this is how many of my co-workers and I communicated

I use HotSchedules every day to clock in check my hours request off or figure house much my check might be I love and can do it all from my phone

Pros

I love that we are able to request off using just our phones plus able to keep up with our times and pay it describes every detail on how much u make in a day

Cons

They only thing I can think of is that u can fix the employees time until the end of there shift for the day and it's not to much trouble because it's still better then what we had

Schedule and communication hub

We have been able to stay fully staffed and correct common schedule issues like call outs or schedule conflicts now that staff has an easy, user friendly way to communicate and actually help fill the gap that they are leaving. It keeps everyone accountable.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality. Options for schedulung employees and communicating with individuals or groups with ease. Also allows employees to communicate, helping schedule gaps and issues be corrected and prevented.

Cons

There is nothing to not like. However, adding a print option for staff to print out a clear, enlarged copy of their schedule would be grand.

Easy to use scheduling app

Pros

This app allows you to easily see your schedule, communicate with staff, and request time off. You can see who else is working as well which is good.

Cons

The notifications can be obnoxious and frequent whenever there is a change. Overall it was a good program

We absolutely love the recent updates and new product features! Keep it up!

Pros

Scheduling, communication, log book are all easy to use, easy to navigate, well organized, and great products

Cons

I wish we could transfer partners from store to store keeping their existing log in sheets. Having a different log in sheet for each store can be confusing.

Hotschedules is a must have tool for any restaurant operation

We manage 5 restaurants, hotschedules is extremely important to our operation. It integrates with our POS system and has awesome forecasting and budgeting tools.

Cons

Fernando, Thank you for the great review! We love to serve those who serve and are happy to help your business run more efficiently. We appreciate your role in our community. Happy Scheduling!

Recent update

Pros

This program was very easy to use from day one. Yet the most recent update is not as satisfying. The program is still effective but some changes were not necessary.

Cons

As I stated prior the most recent update made the use a bit more complex and not as pleasing to use. I would like to see an update that adds projections to the shift approvals for easier viewing. This would improve the decision making process.

Has continually gotten less user friendly for managers and staff.

Pros

Being able to schedule and message staff. However, you have to go to the app to respond or read messages.

Cons

Notifications are hit or miss. Sometimes you get them and sometimes you don't. You have to go to app to read messages. You can not respond to texts or emails.

Makes scheduling convenient

Beneficial how we can track employee hours and easily send notices to all employees at once, or based on employee job title.

Pros

It makes scheduling a great number of employees all with different availability easy since they can set their own availability and put in time off requests on their own.

Cons

The app can crash sometimes, and can be expensive for some. Some of the features can be overwhelming and lead to useful features getting ignored.

Best app available

Pros

Ease of use, communication between entire staff and management team is as easy as can be. Forecasting is great

Cons

Mobile app needs more options, reporting should be mobile available. Some reports are redundant, but lots of info isnt a bad thing

Great scheduler

Always easy to use and customer service is fast and helpful . Have used hotschedules with previous employers and it has always been an asset.

Cons

PJ, Thank you so much for the great review! We love to serve those who serve and are happy to help your business run more efficiently. Thank you for being a part of our community. Happy Scheduling!

The more staff you have, the more you need HotSchedules.

Less time spent managing staffing concerns and more time managing staff.

Pros

It makes getting your schedule out to all of your staff so much easier. I've written schedules and posted on a wall, I've texted screen captures to everyone individually, I've created email groups and submitted to everyone and this is much more simple. You can also track sales and it helps estimate labor against your predicted sales for the day and the week. But the very best part is that the staff can manage all of their shift trades via HotSchedules. No more calling, forgetting to tell the manager, or having neither shift member show and then denying that they knew they were working the shift.

Cons

Honestly, just that it's a program that costs money. If you have a small staff it's not worth the investment potentially. But a staff of greater than 20, particularly in the retail or restaurant world, it's a burden lifted.

Hotschedules is the best scheduling system I have ever worked with.

Pros

Hotschedules integrates with our POS making budgeting labor dollars a breeze. We also like the functionality of the log book.

Cons

There is a lag when switching between schedules which is troublesome at times but other than that I have no complaints.

restaurant GM user director of training user

ease of communication and progression of systems and processes/ consistency within our brands

Pros

so so much... scheduling is great overall (see cons), ability to communicate with the staff, ability to track performance, ability to communicate to mgrs and set follow ups and to do's, ability to build and use digital walk through's.

Cons

inability to customize reports for specific users inability to combine forecasted labor %s based on grouped job codes or inability to build a schedule accurately to %'s based on that mobile capabilities are less than ideal when compared to using a larger format i.e. iPad or computer

Pros

I like that you can use this to not only schedule but also approve vacation time. Multi-purpose/multi-use tool. Like that you can personalize tasks.

Cons

No cons. Would recommend hot schedules over other programs (ex: Appointment Plus)

I have been a Hot Scheduled user for almost 8 years now, and it's a great way to keep track of labor

Pros

The ease of putting in availabilities, and how easy it is for an employee to use. It is also very user friendly.

Cons

They often change things without a lot of notice. Sometimes some extra help before the change happens would be a lot more useful.

Simple and Easy to Use

We use HotSchedules at my second job, and it is a great scheduling software. It is really easy sending messages to individual people or to groups of people, which is a super helpful option. Love that there is an app, but if you don't want to pay for it, the web version is also simple to navigate. Overall a great product that I would recommend to all employers!

Pros

I like how clear my scheduled shifts are when I log in to HotSchedules. I can quickly glance and see what my shifts are for the week and who else I am working with. It is also really easy to see what shifts are available for pick up or if someone is looking to swap one.

Cons

I didn't like that I had to pay to download the app for my phone. I use When I Work at my other job, and that app was free to download. Other than that, no complaints though.

Thank you very much for the review - I'm so glad you are getting the most of our product. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team with any questions or issues you may have. Thank you again.

Convenience

Very convenient, helpful especially with restaurant jobs where schedules change often

Pros

I really liked being able see all of my schedule in one place, and it could be updated in real time. It is difficult when schedules are just printed out on paper. It also made it easier to contact people to cover your shifts.

Cons

I did not personally have any major issues with it, it does exactly what you need it to!

HotSchedules eliminates any excuse for missing shifts!

HotSchedules is the only scheduling software I've seen that meets the needs of the many workplaces I've been a part of!

Pros

I have found that HotSchedules solves the ever-present problem in any workplace: "I didn't know I was scheduled!" Even when employees swap shifts or take another employee's shift, the software shows them that they maintain ownership of their originally assigned shifts until manager approval.

Cons

The fact that users have to pay to download the app on their smartphones is challenging. Although the workplace pays for the software, employees have to pay to get the software on their cellphones. This problem is compounded by the fact that the website doesn't have a very interactive design, much unlike the app, so employees often have to get the app to have a decent experience using HotSchedules.

Thank you for the review Alainna, really appreciate you taking the time. Please don't hesitate to reach out to Customer Care with any questions or issues you may have down the road.

Great Product, Better People

Our specific representative was phenomenal! He stated from the very start that he was going to be my guy and so far he has made it an easy process that doesn't cause me to have to think about how it is going all the time. Definitely using in the future.

Pros

It's compatibility with our other systems

Cons

Andrew, Thank you for the great feedback! We're glad you are having such a great experience with your representative. We appreciate your time and our Customer Care team is always available to help with any challenges!

A great scheduling program needs to be free

Pros

I like this because it was easy to communicate the schedule through all of the employees

Cons

I didn't like that you had to pay for it should be a free program because the people using HotSchedules are mostly waitresses and Cooks

Great

Pros

Scheduling employees is super easy and employees can call in to check their schedules or use the app or web

Cons

Slow at times. Mostly at peak times we schedule like Friday afteermkons. Also the app charges and it should really be free

great product for business of any size

Pros

All the features that are available. it's fantastic for scheduling, communication with other employees, labor, etc.

Cons

The interface could be better, takes longer to navigate round the site than i would like.