HotSchedules Logo

Conquer Every Shift with HotSchedules, Powered by Fourth

HotSchedules Reviews - Page 6

jM

jim M.

lots see a lot of improveents

Pros

easy to navigate and communicate with staff and constant updates that make it easier if I had it my way i would always have the hotschedules available for all staff

Cons

updates and not being able leave photos on the messager, to make easier for people that dont have a phone to use and see the schedule

KB

Kikombeeusizuri B.

Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

Hotschedules

Using hotschedules really helps restaurant employees easily access their schedules.

Pros

As a server you can easily pick up an available shift that someone else can't work, and also release/post a shift that you cannot work in order for someone else to grab it.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult knowing where to go in order to find out certain information, such as if somone sends out a message for all employees to see, but for some reason I won't be able to locate where to see the message.

HP

Hunter P.

HotSchedules Review

Management side is great, user experience is fine, just maybe pass on the cost of the app to the employers.

Pros

As far as the management side, HotSchedules is pretty slick. Easy to use and navigate.

Cons

The main issue I have with HotSchedules is requiring staff to pay to purchase the app on their individual phones. It makes it seem like the company is penny pinching.

RC

Ryan C.

Restaurants, 201-500 employees

Wonderful Program!

HotSchedules has been an invaluable resource to not only our management teams, but also our hourly team members. It allows us to be more flexible in our scheduling which, in turn, aids in recruiting and retaining the best talent.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Nothing at this time.

Ryan, Thank you for the wonderful review and feedback! We value your role in our community and appreciate your time.

KJ

Kyle J.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Trying too hard

Pros

Hotschedules has the ability to keep everything in on location in terms ignored messaging, staffing, and forecasting.

Cons

Over the last four years there have been many updates which were supposed to be convenient but instead have made the web based program very difficult to use.

DG

David G.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

A great app for a growing business.

A great app for a growing business. At schedules is fairly easy to use. A few of the features are a little tricky. But the main features are a great resource To keep track of your staff. I do very much enjoy the staff log.

Pros

And all in one spot for scheduling shift changes and notifications

Cons

And all in one spot for scheduling shift changes and notifications

David, Thank you for providing us feedback! We are pleased to hear our product has made scheduling smoother and more efficient for your business. Thank you for being a part of our community!

BN

Briauna N.

Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 employees

Work smarter Not harder

It has been great than having to do everything by hand or from scratch.

Pros

This software takes the guess work out. It is easy to understand, conducts the task needed for calendar, scheduling, and attendence.

Cons

Things sometimes have to be done manually but that's honestly not a huge issue. I would rather do the action of removing an employee manually than to have an error occur and still have to go in an manually fix it.

jc

john c.

Great software works even better with schoox

Made me more efficient at ensuring that I ran accurate reports for the DM'S

Pros

I have worked in the restaurant industry and this allows for easy scheduling and payroll management for my employees and it's simple to use. Furthermore if you are using e-learning this software teams up well with Schoox *LMS* in order to provide courses for my staff. They can easily take their courses the day they start working because the system auto enrolls them into their courses while allowing them to know their shift schedule.

Cons

There's a bit of a learning curve associated with hot schedules because of the different options but it's great regardless.

HW

Heather W.

Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 employees

The BEST scheduling software...period.

Pros

Hotschedules is honestly the best scheduling program I have ever used. There are SO many useful tools! You can pull up metrics based on yearly trends, make notes on why staffing is up/down for the period, and make minute adjustments based on every factor you could possibly think of. You can also use it as a communication tool for both individual and mass communication. I genuinely LOVE this program, and would highly recommend it! You'll never go back to another program.

Cons

It takes a little while to learn how to use it effectively, but I promise that once you do, you'll find it pretty easy!

SI

Simon I.

11-50 employees

Great Tool to monitor employee time and more!

We have been using hot schedules for 6 months now, I can tell by experience it has improved the way our we communicate with our employees and the way we control absences and schedules. The first thing we realized was a better flow of the time management process and decreasing on the late arrivals! It can be accessed by any of our employees any time, so they are always aware of changes because of a seamless email workflow. In resume is an effective and easy to use tool.

Pros

The control on the time, schedule replication, authorization and roles.

Cons

Simon, Thank you so much for the great review! We love to serve those who serve and are happy to help your business run more efficiently. We appreciate your role in our community. Happy Scheduling!

JH

Jenny H.

Used it for getting my schedule for work, waiting tables

Pros

The interface was nice, I liked that I could see any notes or positions that I was scheduled for. It was easy to switch shifts with others.

Cons

Bugs, glitches, while rare, were very disruptive to everyday life, as this is how many of my co-workers and I communicated

AF

Amanda F.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

I use HotSchedules every day to clock in check my hours request off or figure house much my check might be I love and can do it all from my phone

Pros

I love that we are able to request off using just our phones plus able to keep up with our times and pay it describes every detail on how much u make in a day

Cons

They only thing I can think of is that u can fix the employees time until the end of there shift for the day and it's not to much trouble because it's still better then what we had

Jennifer M.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Schedule and communication hub

We have been able to stay fully staffed and correct common schedule issues like call outs or schedule conflicts now that staff has an easy, user friendly way to communicate and actually help fill the gap that they are leaving. It keeps everyone accountable.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality. Options for schedulung employees and communicating with individuals or groups with ease. Also allows employees to communicate, helping schedule gaps and issues be corrected and prevented.

Cons

There is nothing to not like. However, adding a print option for staff to print out a clear, enlarged copy of their schedule would be grand.

Bethany T.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Easy to use scheduling app

Pros

This app allows you to easily see your schedule, communicate with staff, and request time off. You can see who else is working as well which is good.

Cons

The notifications can be obnoxious and frequent whenever there is a change. Overall it was a good program

CP

Catherine P.

We absolutely love the recent updates and new product features! Keep it up!

Pros

Scheduling, communication, log book are all easy to use, easy to navigate, well organized, and great products

Cons

I wish we could transfer partners from store to store keeping their existing log in sheets. Having a different log in sheet for each store can be confusing.

FG

Fernando G.

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

Hotschedules is a must have tool for any restaurant operation

We manage 5 restaurants, hotschedules is extremely important to our operation. It integrates with our POS system and has awesome forecasting and budgeting tools.

Cons

Fernando, Thank you for the great review! We love to serve those who serve and are happy to help your business run more efficiently. We appreciate your role in our community. Happy Scheduling!

CH

Chad H.

Restaurants, 5,001-10,000 employees

Recent update

Pros

This program was very easy to use from day one. Yet the most recent update is not as satisfying. The program is still effective but some changes were not necessary.

Cons

As I stated prior the most recent update made the use a bit more complex and not as pleasing to use. I would like to see an update that adds projections to the shift approvals for easier viewing. This would improve the decision making process.

JR

J R H.

Has continually gotten less user friendly for managers and staff.

Pros

Being able to schedule and message staff. However, you have to go to the app to respond or read messages.

Cons

Notifications are hit or miss. Sometimes you get them and sometimes you don't. You have to go to app to read messages. You can not respond to texts or emails.

Makes scheduling convenient

Beneficial how we can track employee hours and easily send notices to all employees at once, or based on employee job title.

Pros

It makes scheduling a great number of employees all with different availability easy since they can set their own availability and put in time off requests on their own.

Cons

The app can crash sometimes, and can be expensive for some. Some of the features can be overwhelming and lead to useful features getting ignored.

TS

TJ S.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Best app available

Pros

Ease of use, communication between entire staff and management team is as easy as can be. Forecasting is great

Cons

Mobile app needs more options, reporting should be mobile available. Some reports are redundant, but lots of info isnt a bad thing

PZ

PJ Z.

Great scheduler

Always easy to use and customer service is fast and helpful . Have used hotschedules with previous employers and it has always been an asset.

Cons

PJ, Thank you so much for the great review! We love to serve those who serve and are happy to help your business run more efficiently. Thank you for being a part of our community. Happy Scheduling!

Grayson T.

Restaurants,

The more staff you have, the more you need HotSchedules.

Less time spent managing staffing concerns and more time managing staff.

Pros

It makes getting your schedule out to all of your staff so much easier. I've written schedules and posted on a wall, I've texted screen captures to everyone individually, I've created email groups and submitted to everyone and this is much more simple. You can also track sales and it helps estimate labor against your predicted sales for the day and the week. But the very best part is that the staff can manage all of their shift trades via HotSchedules. No more calling, forgetting to tell the manager, or having neither shift member show and then denying that they knew they were working the shift.

Cons

Honestly, just that it's a program that costs money. If you have a small staff it's not worth the investment potentially. But a staff of greater than 20, particularly in the retail or restaurant world, it's a burden lifted.

jb

joy b.

Hotschedules is the best scheduling system I have ever worked with.

Pros

Hotschedules integrates with our POS making budgeting labor dollars a breeze. We also like the functionality of the log book.

Cons

There is a lag when switching between schedules which is troublesome at times but other than that I have no complaints.

ML

Matthew L.

Restaurants, 501-1,000 employees

restaurant GM user director of training user

ease of communication and progression of systems and processes/ consistency within our brands

Pros

so so much... scheduling is great overall (see cons), ability to communicate with the staff, ability to track performance, ability to communicate to mgrs and set follow ups and to do's, ability to build and use digital walk through's.

Cons

inability to customize reports for specific users inability to combine forecasted labor %s based on grouped job codes or inability to build a schedule accurately to %'s based on that mobile capabilities are less than ideal when compared to using a larger format i.e. iPad or computer

JP

Jennifer P.

I have been a Hot Scheduled user for almost 8 years now, and it's a great way to keep track of labor

Pros

The ease of putting in availabilities, and how easy it is for an employee to use. It is also very user friendly.

Cons

They often change things without a lot of notice. Sometimes some extra help before the change happens would be a lot more useful.