HotSchedules Reviews

HotSchedules

Scheduling and workforce management for restaurants

HotSchedules

Pros

This program was super easy to use and I enjoyed the level of communication

Cons

The only thing that was no fun was when I would be half way though a schedule and something would go wrong and I would loose my work

Cadillac of restaurant scheduling software

Pros

Easy of use, reporting, scheduling, communication, projecting sales and budgeting. This program has it all and then some.

Cons

It requires a team to set up. It is cost prohibitive to smaller operations

General manager

Really like the program makes it easy to post schedule and for employees to be able to work with one another to change their shifts

Pros

Easy to use works well for all employees plus shows labor percentages and tracking. Nice to be able to use the daily log to communicate with everyone as well.

Cons

Nothing

Phil, Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to provide us with feedback, we greatly appreciate it! We value your role in our community. Happy scheduling!

Great product

Helps us with staffing as well as projecting out sales and labor. Plus having people be able to drop shifts and have their colleagues be able to pick up those shifts without them having to call in and have a manager find a replacement makes things much easier.

Pros

Able to do everything I need with this software to make my job easier. Schedules, forcasting, staffing

Cons

Nothing software is great

Jaime, Thank you so much for the great review! We love to serve those who serve and are happy to help your business run more efficiently. Thank you for being a part of our community. Happy Scheduling!

Hotschedules

Fantastic!

Pros

Easy to use Clear for all employees Efficient

Cons

Need more color for urgent shifts so employees will identify how important certain shifts are. Also we could highlight holiday hours

Make your job easier

I have used this product as both an employer and employee. I work in the food service industry and I can't tell you how time-consuming scheduling can be. Hotschedules allows my employees to request time off, swap shifts, release shifts, and receive mandatory messages all online or from their phones. This saves everyone time and cuts out the possibility of requests being forgotten.

Pros

As an employee, it's great to have my schedule sent to me weekly on my phone. If I am out of town, I don't need to Make any extra stops or phone calls to find out when I am working next. I can also request time off online months in advance and my employer can approve it- making reservations and guaranteed time off more convenient.

Cons

to download the app for your phone it costs a small sum of money and some people don't like that. However, this really isn't an issue because you can still access the schedule from anywhere online-so it really isn't a con at all.

Great Product easy to use and manage

Pros

able to control employee clock ins and the integration with the pos system. allowing schedule to be inport on the spot the support staff for a couple of years everything has been great.

Good program.

Easy access to schedules and daily notes. The forecasting is amazing with everything it considers.

Pros

Easy use for employees, the web page navigation on a cell phone works well. The app is definitely a plus.

Cons

Negation is hard to understand for upper management. Would like to be able to add daily notes on the schedule for events happening that day for the employees.

best for retail/restaurant

I used this app when I worked at Chili's (Brinker). It was so convenient to swap shifts or get yours picked up at any time of the day. I loved it and was sad when I changed jobs and my next job did not have that app available.

Pros

You had easy access to your schedule for switches, pick ups, etc.

Cons

It was tough to have to wait on the manager approval.

Great Product .. Still Learning

We have been slowly implementing Hotschedules to our staff over the past two weeks. In learning the back end ( as managers), posting our first schedule(S), and overall use , we have not had many problems. We are really excited about the management logbook and have not even had the chance to delve into the features yet but in quick snippet videos, it seems to have everything we need to stay in close communication with each other and "organized" which is essential. We are also very excited to dive into the analytics that are offered in costs, forecasts, etc.

Pros

Easy to use APP on iPhone and Android! Multiple back end features Managers Logbook! Great REPORTING capabilities!

Cons

Setting up the templates per schedule took a little more time that I would have liked, however the ease of use after the templates were made to copy and paste schedules is pretty great. A bit pricier than we would have liked to have spent, however I do believe in the long run we will be saving money overall.

HotSchedules Review

Overall, it eased schedule making for managers, but made it difficult for employees to clock in or out.

Pros

As a restaurant manager, this allowed my team to view their schedules and others' in an organized manner, and provided an easy to navigate space for employees.

Cons

We had several issues with employees clocking in. The app did not allow us to clock in without consistent manager approval, and we never were able to fix this problem. Ultimately, it made it harder to clock in than just using a piece of paper.

Most comprehensive scheduling software out there

Pros

It has it all, for a price. They are so close to having everything that a restaurant would need to hire, onboard, schedule, manage shift changes, manager certifications, and communicate to all employees. We never did integrate, because of the cost, but that would have been awesome to have the comparable metrics.

Cons

Their above store console is antiquated. It's not very user-friendly and is in need of an update. We we're also closed on Sunday, they can't remove Sunday from the scheduling analytics making it kinda weird.

Smart schedules

Pros

Coming in to hot schedules, it took a minute for me to learn how to use all the features. But I’ve liked it. You can create all the house shifts you need in a day, and from there you can start assigning them to people. It’s also good to see the breakdown in a shift for each person - like working 3 hours on shift, and hour meeting, then back of house work. Helps everyone understand where they need to be.

Cons

there’s an option on the app to request coverage for your shift. It’s good because you can restrict it where only certain managers can approve, but it’s also been a steady stream of revision requests since it’s so easy for them to post their shifts.

Best for mobile workforce

Pros

Great tool for businesses with staff who need to be on the field most of the time using the app. Scheduling and task assignments are very easy to use. The app is very integrated with other apps including calendar amd contacts, and it has a very comprehensive reporting tool.

Cons

Just like any software, it works well for some and it does not for others; with this one however you dont get a trail version so make sure it fulfills all your needs before making the decision.

Work Schedules Made EASY

It has been great. It is super convenient to pick up your smartphone and release shifts if you are busy on certain days or pickup shifts when you can.

Pros

HotSchedules allows us to manage our shifts with ease while allowing supervisor oversight and saving our company money.

Cons

There really are no downsides from a shiftworking employee's perspective.

Great scheduling software

Solved many scheduling conflicts without much thought.

Pros

Simplifies writing and planning schedules.

Cons

Entering the data in the beginning. After that it's very easy to modify.

Hot Schedules review

Pros

I work part-time at a restaurant. I remember when they told us that our schedules would be on Hot Schedules. At first I didn’t like it because I was used to the old fashion paper schedules. But after awhile I got used to it. Now I like it a lot. I like that you can pick up shifts if you want more hours. Also you can try and get someone to work for you without having to call the manager.

Cons

It was more complicated than just checking your schedule on the wall. But now i like it better.

Great communication platform for big operations.

organization, communication, scheduling

Pros

Hotschedules helps us keep a line of communication and department standards in check. Enables employees to self manage their schedules and avail-abilities.

Cons

Not too many bad sides to this software. The fact that it does not work with our POS system (RPower) is a bit of a down fall.

Very knowledgeable and helpful customer service. User friendly format.

Pros

Always having access to employees schedules and being able to make changes on the go. Easy and traceable communication between managers and with staff.

Cons

I wish the app was able to do more. Keep having trouble with forecasting matching up. The schedule is hard for me to read daily schedules without going to roster.

I use hot schedules for many years for scheduling at outback

Pros

Hotschedules makes it really simple to see your schedule, request off time, and contact employees. I also found it really easy to release your shift for others to view.

Cons

I think the app functions nicely but kinda of boring outdated look. Definitely could use some minor updates just to make it look better.

overall a great tool for scheduling.

scheduling is easier with it.

Pros

I like the most is the ability to forecast and the fact that the staff has 24 hour access to it. Also that it is windows based

Cons

It is a little time consuming until you get good at it. Also the cost could be lower. It is also difficult to print the complete schedule, only sections at a time.

HotSchedules has changed the game for us. Especially the integration with our POS system

Pros

Integration with our POS (sales and labor reporting), ease of use for managers and employees, wide variety of reporting, writing schedules takes no time at all

Cons

Messaging function (email notifications don't include what the actual message is), no longer have the ability to manually sync new employees from POS

Experience with Hot Schedules

Pros

The back end reporting was my favorite aspect of this particular scheduling software. Manager logs including sales information as well as labor were a huge asset!

Cons

While the logs are indeed a huge selling point, you do pay for them. The price would definitely be prohibitive for a small operation.

Excellent, very few problems. Problems are fixed right away.

Pros

Very pleased how easy it is to create and add templets to my schedule. Nothing better than cutting a very time consuming task, in half.

Cons

The new update, I'm not too fond of the filtering system that was just implemented. Would love to see employees already populated to their respective department's

Good for scheduling

Overall it was a good software to use because it made my life easier.

Pros

I liked that I was able to access my work schedule by phone and make any updates to my schedule if I needed to.

Cons

I didn't like the shift trading aspect. It made you jump through a lot of hoops in order to trade shifts with other coworkers.