HotSchedules Logo

Conquer Every Shift with HotSchedules, Powered by Fourth

HotSchedules Reviews - Page 7

Olivia M.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Pros

I like that you can use this to not only schedule but also approve vacation time. Multi-purpose/multi-use tool. Like that you can personalize tasks.

Cons

No cons. Would recommend hot schedules over other programs (ex: Appointment Plus)

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Simple and Easy to Use

We use HotSchedules at my second job, and it is a great scheduling software. It is really easy sending messages to individual people or to groups of people, which is a super helpful option. Love that there is an app, but if you don't want to pay for it, the web version is also simple to navigate. Overall a great product that I would recommend to all employers!

Pros

I like how clear my scheduled shifts are when I log in to HotSchedules. I can quickly glance and see what my shifts are for the week and who else I am working with. It is also really easy to see what shifts are available for pick up or if someone is looking to swap one.

Cons

I didn't like that I had to pay to download the app for my phone. I use When I Work at my other job, and that app was free to download. Other than that, no complaints though.

Thank you very much for the review - I'm so glad you are getting the most of our product. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team with any questions or issues you may have. Thank you again.

AJ

Arnela J.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Convenience

Very convenient, helpful especially with restaurant jobs where schedules change often

Pros

I really liked being able see all of my schedule in one place, and it could be updated in real time. It is difficult when schedules are just printed out on paper. It also made it easier to contact people to cover your shifts.

Cons

I did not personally have any major issues with it, it does exactly what you need it to!

AW

Andrew W.

Great Product, Better People

Our specific representative was phenomenal! He stated from the very start that he was going to be my guy and so far he has made it an easy process that doesn't cause me to have to think about how it is going all the time. Definitely using in the future.

Pros

It's compatibility with our other systems

Cons

Andrew, Thank you for the great feedback! We're glad you are having such a great experience with your representative. We appreciate your time and our Customer Care team is always available to help with any challenges!

AW

Anna W.

Great website

Pros

This has been the easiest program I have ever used for scheduling. It makes it so easy to view the whole shift!

Cons

I have not experienced any problems! It runs smoothly, and it is easy to navigate!

MARY T.

Defense & Space, 51-200 employees

A great scheduling program needs to be free

Pros

I like this because it was easy to communicate the schedule through all of the employees

Cons

I didn't like that you had to pay for it should be a free program because the people using HotSchedules are mostly waitresses and Cooks

CF

Callie F.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Great Software for Restaurant Employees

Pros

I like how this software has all of the features needed for restaurant scheduling. You can view who is working each shift and be notified when the schedule is created. It also makes it easy to request time off without having to talk to somebody.

Cons

I haven't encountered any problems with this software so far.

AV

Andrew V.

Restaurants, 501-1,000 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

HotSchedules Review

It's a great improvement over previous scheduling softwares but still has a lot of room to grow.

Pros

It allows you to do a deep dive into scheduling, aides in sales projections, and allows for rapid informing of the staff.

Cons

You have to click through too many pages to accomplish simple tasks.

BD

Byron D.

Great

Pros

Scheduling employees is super easy and employees can call in to check their schedules or use the app or web

Cons

Slow at times. Mostly at peak times we schedule like Friday afteermkons. Also the app charges and it should really be free

Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

Shift Swap Simple

Overall, every restaurant should seriously look into an app like HotSchedules. It saves time and stress on all, avoiding hand written notes that get lost.

Pros

Hotschedules was introduced to the restaurant a few years ago, and it saved so much stress! Employees were able to switch shifts, request time off, and view schedules so easily!!

Cons

The only con is user error or awaiting on a manager to accept the requests that are sent in. If they are not in the office, they cannot see the requests to accept or deny resulting in the employee calling to confirm the action requested.

NS

Neddra S.

Hotschedules

Fantastic!

Pros

Easy to use Clear for all employees Efficient

Cons

Need more color for urgent shifts so employees will identify how important certain shifts are. Also we could highlight holiday hours

PP

Paul P.

Restaurants, 10,001+ employees

great product for business of any size

Pros

All the features that are available. it's fantastic for scheduling, communication with other employees, labor, etc.

Cons

The interface could be better, takes longer to navigate round the site than i would like.

AB

Alexandra B.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

HotSchedules Review

Overall, it eased schedule making for managers, but made it difficult for employees to clock in or out.

Pros

As a restaurant manager, this allowed my team to view their schedules and others' in an organized manner, and provided an easy to navigate space for employees.

Cons

We had several issues with employees clocking in. The app did not allow us to clock in without consistent manager approval, and we never were able to fix this problem. Ultimately, it made it harder to clock in than just using a piece of paper.

Amber J.

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

HotSchedules

Pros

This program was super easy to use and I enjoyed the level of communication

Cons

The only thing that was no fun was when I would be half way though a schedule and something would go wrong and I would loose my work

Luke D.

Restaurants, 501-1,000 employees

Cadillac of restaurant scheduling software

Pros

Easy of use, reporting, scheduling, communication, projecting sales and budgeting. This program has it all and then some.

Cons

It requires a team to set up. It is cost prohibitive to smaller operations

JM

Jessie M.

HotSchedules review

Good product but my company did switch to 7shifts

Pros

I like that i can copy and paste schedules from week to week

Cons

I did not like how difficult it was to take old employees off the store roster

DZ

Daniel Z.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Very great product

My overall experience with hot schedules is very good I love it a lot and it comes in handing very useful.

Pros

What I like most about this software is everything about the software is easy to use very user friendly everything's out there so you can find it easy.

Cons

There's no features I like least about this software.

NS

Nichole S.

Make your job easier

I have used this product as both an employer and employee. I work in the food service industry and I can't tell you how time-consuming scheduling can be. Hotschedules allows my employees to request time off, swap shifts, release shifts, and receive mandatory messages all online or from their phones. This saves everyone time and cuts out the possibility of requests being forgotten.

Pros

As an employee, it's great to have my schedule sent to me weekly on my phone. If I am out of town, I don't need to Make any extra stops or phone calls to find out when I am working next. I can also request time off online months in advance and my employer can approve it- making reservations and guaranteed time off more convenient.

Cons

to download the app for your phone it costs a small sum of money and some people don't like that. However, this really isn't an issue because you can still access the schedule from anywhere online-so it really isn't a con at all.

DM

Daniel M.

Great Product easy to use and manage

Pros

able to control employee clock ins and the integration with the pos system. allowing schedule to be inport on the spot the support staff for a couple of years everything has been great.

Jeff P.

Restaurants,

Good program.

Easy access to schedules and daily notes. The forecasting is amazing with everything it considers.

Pros

Easy use for employees, the web page navigation on a cell phone works well. The app is definitely a plus.

Cons

Negation is hard to understand for upper management. Would like to be able to add daily notes on the schedule for events happening that day for the employees.

MH

Monique H.

Great Product .. Still Learning

We have been slowly implementing Hotschedules to our staff over the past two weeks. In learning the back end ( as managers), posting our first schedule(S), and overall use , we have not had many problems. We are really excited about the management logbook and have not even had the chance to delve into the features yet but in quick snippet videos, it seems to have everything we need to stay in close communication with each other and "organized" which is essential. We are also very excited to dive into the analytics that are offered in costs, forecasts, etc.

Pros

Easy to use APP on iPhone and Android! Multiple back end features Managers Logbook! Great REPORTING capabilities!

Cons

Setting up the templates per schedule took a little more time that I would have liked, however the ease of use after the templates were made to copy and paste schedules is pretty great. A bit pricier than we would have liked to have spent, however I do believe in the long run we will be saving money overall.

GT

Greg T.

Most comprehensive scheduling software out there

Pros

It has it all, for a price. They are so close to having everything that a restaurant would need to hire, onboard, schedule, manage shift changes, manager certifications, and communicate to all employees. We never did integrate, because of the cost, but that would have been awesome to have the comparable metrics.

Cons

Their above store console is antiquated. It's not very user-friendly and is in need of an update. We we're also closed on Sunday, they can't remove Sunday from the scheduling analytics making it kinda weird.

SC

Sarah C.

Smart schedules

Pros

Coming in to hot schedules, it took a minute for me to learn how to use all the features. But I’ve liked it. You can create all the house shifts you need in a day, and from there you can start assigning them to people. It’s also good to see the breakdown in a shift for each person - like working 3 hours on shift, and hour meeting, then back of house work. Helps everyone understand where they need to be.

Cons

there’s an option on the app to request coverage for your shift. It’s good because you can restrict it where only certain managers can approve, but it’s also been a steady stream of revision requests since it’s so easy for them to post their shifts.

MN

Mansoor N.

Philanthropy, 201-500 employees

Best for mobile workforce

Pros

Great tool for businesses with staff who need to be on the field most of the time using the app. Scheduling and task assignments are very easy to use. The app is very integrated with other apps including calendar amd contacts, and it has a very comprehensive reporting tool.

Cons

Just like any software, it works well for some and it does not for others; with this one however you dont get a trail version so make sure it fulfills all your needs before making the decision.

AB

Abraham B.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Work Schedules Made EASY

It has been great. It is super convenient to pick up your smartphone and release shifts if you are busy on certain days or pickup shifts when you can.

Pros

HotSchedules allows us to manage our shifts with ease while allowing supervisor oversight and saving our company money.

Cons

There really are no downsides from a shiftworking employee's perspective.