HotSchedules Reviews

HotSchedules

Scheduling and workforce management for restaurants

HotSchedules

HotSchedules has made employee time keeping much easier!

I am able to keep track of my team's hours in a very efficient way.

Pros

I love that we have access to the schedule from any computer or device. The system is fairly easy to use and very intuitive.

Cons

Customer service is not very responsive, it can take a while to hear back from them when you send them an email.

Convenient

Never had issues or complaints with the desktop site or mobile app

Pros

What I liked most was after purchasing the app you could synchronize it with your google calendar which set alarms for work.

Cons

The least thing I liked about hot schedules was that you had to pay for the app. Even though it was only 2.99

It’s great!

My experience with HotSchedules was great! I’m glad that their service was so helpful.

Pros

HotSchedules was efficient and allowed my work scheduling to be a lot easier than it would’ve been otherwise.

Cons

In my opinion, there aren’t any cons about HotSchedules. It’s a great software and I enjoyed using it.

Carry your schedule everywhere you go

I love the convenience of this software. My coworkers also like how easy it is to request days off.

Pros

HotSchedules is a convenient way to give out weekly or monthly schedules. It works great for larger companies but would even be beneficial for smaller companies. It allows you to see who else is working and what times.

Cons

No complaints so far. It works great and as intended. It is nice to carry my schedule with me and pull it up whenever I need it.

HotSchedules

Takes quite a bit of time to learn all the features, would be nice if it had a few more features like alerting people automatically when shifts are dropped.

Pros

links to pos

Cons

doesn't alert people when shifts are releaseed

Hello J! Thank you for your response. This article may be useful as it walks you through how to set up notifications with HotSchedules! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/articles/214872798-HS-How-to-Enable-iPhone-App-Push-Notifications If this isn't what you're looking for please contact our customer care team that is available 24/7!

Made working in the restaurant industry easier!

I definitely recommend it for those in the restaurant industry and for those setting up schedules. It did help the shifts run smoothly.

Pros

It’s very helpful in the food service industry. When I previously worked as a server, the restaurant used this. It made trading shifts or picking up shifts much easier. The schedules were sent out weekly and it allowed trading shifts. It’s easy to read and use.

Cons

The most annoying thing about is the notifications. I think everyone gets all the notifications. So it’s notification overload.

Hot-or-not Schedules?

I really wish the messaging and roster function worked better, then I would definitely enjoy the app more.

Pros

I like the copy function when scheduling. You can cut or copy a shift and paste it in another day. I also enjoy the creation of House Shifts to help meet projected labor needed. There are some cool reporting functions and the Broadcast feature is great for company-wide announcements.

Cons

Our whole team has had issues with the messaging part of HotSchedules. The messages are easy to missed. Since HotSchedules can put out so many notifications - messages get lost in the jumble.

My Favorite Scheduling Software

Pros

- Ease of use. - Live time ability to drop shifts and/or pick up shifts. -Easily request time off or email management

Cons

Hotschedules in Miami Beach!

We implemented hot schedules about 1 year ago into our restaurant group. We have 3 outlets in Miami Beach and really needed a scheduling solution. Hot schedules is great, as it syncs with multiple operating systems and is very user-friendly for both management and staff.

Pros

My favorite feature is the vacation request and availability block option. We have a lot of students who work for us whose schedule we need to work around. This option makes scheduling around these constraints easy. Their platform is basic which leads to functionality and usefulness.

Cons

The only con is that they have not yet built out an HR system. Synching hot schedules with these platforms can be annoying, I hope they develop solutions for this soon!

Great Scheduling App

It has my life so easy. Employees get their schedule via text and I don't have to worry about it m.

Pros

Forecasting sales, Employee Schedule

Cons

Not much room for recruitment

Muhammad, Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback! We love to serve those who serve and are happy to help your business run more efficiently. We actually have a recruiting application called "HotSchedules Recruit" tailored specifically for recruiting talent that you should check out! Best! https://www.hotschedules.com/recruit/

User friendly solution

Overall it is a fast, user friendly solution that enables a communication channel at the same time it gives visibility on task management.

Pros

I started using HotSchedules to have visibility on other colleagues and also improve the communication channel with management and it totally works in a very fast and easy way.

Cons

I have found that sometimes task switch can be picked by many uses at the same time, so you may need to be careful on this.

Great app!

Pros

This is so easy to use, never had a problem

Cons

I wish it would always remember my log in information

Easy Interface, Stress-Free Setup

We currently have four entities that use Hot Schedules. Each entity seems to get easier and easier to set up! Each representative that I have worked with has been friendly, considerate, and willing to answer any questions I may have. I was given documents on how to navigate the interface myself, along with a support team that has responded back to my inquiries in less than 24 hours each time. I would certainly recommend this product to others.

Pros

Easy interface, easy to set up, great customer service

Cons

Cost of the app for smart phones, a lot of staff do not want to pay for it

Lindsey, Thank you so much for the great review! We love to serve those who serve and are happy to help your business run more efficiently. Thank you for being a part of our community!

Great program for work

It's a great program and I would highly recommend it. Easy to use once you understand how it works.

Pros

I like how easy it is to communicate with your team (it features messaging) and it is simple to show your availability. I also like how it shows the contact information for all of your team members. I also enjoy how you get both email and text notifications. It's a great program for submitting my schedule to my boss.

Cons

I wish that you could get email or text notifications for when someone releases their shift and it is available for pick-up. Another downside is the fact that the mobile application costs money.

Keep your staff on the same page

I think that using hot schedules Is very convient and recommend that everyone try it.

Pros

This app is so easy to use. My staff just has to look at their phone to know when they work , who they work with, and are able to cover a shift or swap hours if they run in to a problem.

Cons

I didnt like that the employees had to pay for the app. I feel that one payment from the employer. should cover the whole program.

Excellent product and very good value for money.

Pros

It makes scheduling and internal communication easy. We find the store log feature very useful for recording daily operations.

Cons

The interface between Focus and Hot Schedules is still problematic. Standard report formats could be more modern.

DQ lake country

We had a little issue with our task list being setup. The customer service team worked hard to get it running once it was identified.

Pros

Cons

We are still having some glitch issues which they are looking into

Kelly, Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, we really appreciate it! We apologize for the complications you've been experiencing with our product. Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 to solve any issues you may be experiencing! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us

HotSchedules convenient for scheduling

Pros

I liked how you could see your shifts in a direct, day-by-day way as well as a calendar view.

Cons

I didn't like how the message option was viewed in the app or that the app costs money when the computer website version is free.

Our business transitioned to HotSchedules a few months ago. It has improved our process.

Our scheduling process was streamlined. Hot Schedules reduced confusion and unnecessary communication between management and team members regarding scheduling issues.

Pros

Hot Schedules has streamlined our scheduling process. Prior to Hot Schedules, coordinating availability changes, time-off requests, and employee substitutions was a hassle that involved a lot of communication and email. Now team members are able to be more involved in the scheduling process and are able to view their schedule, submit time-off requests, availability changes, and substitution requests all from their apps, limiting the need for other means of communication.

Cons

The software can be a bit confusing initially for new hires. When onboarding people, there is usually a delay while HotSchedules is generating their account.

Perfect for the restaurant world

What I enjoy about hot schedules is two fold. One as a training manager I can easily set this up with the schoox LMS. So any new employee added to hot schedules automatically gets assigned their courses within schoox. This makes it easier for restaurant managers to train their staff without any support from training furthermore, it allows them to personally control their schedules without needing to worry about how training/restaurant will communicate with one another. Outside of the learning component, hot schedules are easy to use and it offers a color coded scheduler designed to easily help you manager your daily or weekly schedules.

Pros

ease to use almost functions like an HRMS

Cons

has a steep learning curve

HotSchedules works for me!

Pros

I love that I can look up others' numbers, emails address and other info as well as message them within HotSchedules. I can also release my shift, check and see who else is working at what time for the week. It's great that I don't have to contact my employers about my availability if my schedule changes or if I need a day off - I can just go into my app and type it in, and they'll see when exactly I changed it! Works for me!

Cons

When I first got HotSchedules it was acting funny with me logging in and out but I haven't had problems since. Works great!

Great system easy to use

Love hot schedules for scheduling projecting and just very user friendly. Really like how employees can drop shifts and fellow employees pick them up. Makes things easier when they don't have to call the restaurant and they can work it out on their own.

Pros

Scheduling and employees able to trade shifts

Cons

nothing system is great

Sabrina, Thank you for the great review! We love serving those who serve and we are grateful you are a part of our community. Happy scheduling!

The tools are great if used correctly. The pricing is only affordable if you are a large business.

Pros

Great tools for managing labor. One of the only companies that I know of that is integrated with Aloha.

Cons

I feel that the price is a little bit too much for what we use it for. I find myself overwhelmed at times with the functions.

Must have for anyone in the service industry

Pros

How easy and simple it is to use, it’s great going from a computer to the app without any issues.

Cons

The fact that when you look at your schedule it doesn’t tell you everyone who is working that day. If you are a server you can only see the server schedule and if you are a bartender you can only see the bartenders scheduled. There should be a feature that lets you see everyone scheduled not just your position.

Your crew will LOVE HS and you will too!

GREAT! Always easy to connect with someone and get help.

Pros

The ability to connect with your crew and make their lives easier.

Cons

Even though they provide many different training videos and offer support, there's always a challenge teaching somebody something new. Our managers were so used to how they did the schedules previously, that some were reluctant to change. Plus the app at the time to purchase wasn't free so not sure how many crew actually bought it.