IDEAblox

Time clock for clocking employees in & out

IDEAblox Reviews

Shon S.

Very please with this software it has been a huge time saver. The software is very user friendly and as for the customer support they have also been very helpful anytime I have needed assistance.

Leslie R.

I love being able to print time cards and having them all totaled. And any time I have a question, I am impressed by how quickly they get back to me.

Becky K.

Dennis P.

I have a lot of trouble finding the right videos/photos that I need to use for my fitness clients. Besides that some of the articles are a bit basic and offer no real information about health.

Shawn W.

It is missing a key feature for us. We roll over personal time and I need to be able to customize this on a per employee basis.

Gina F.

Clean and simple!

Pros

Perfect for our size of business and much easier than keeping track on paper. Very easy to sign in and immediately clock in. It's also easy to alter hours if a mistake was made. All employees have adapted quickly!

Cons

Customer service has been great to assist with any questions we had on how to set up and get started!

Thanks for the nice feedback. Jack

Ins & Outs of Web-Based Time Clocks

Meets our very basic time tracking needs. The software user interface could use some polish

Pros

The Ins: As the HR coordinator & Payroll Admin for a small owner/operated business I really like the simplicity of the system AND the price. It was easy set up & get our team using the software. I appreciate that our front desk tablet can be used by employees to clock in/clock out; as well as all of the other things we use the table for (Square, etc). Unlike "When I Work" which requires a dedicated device for time clock.

Cons

The Outs: I wish this were an app, rather than a URL website. I'd really like my employees to be able clock in/clock out from their mobile phones, as they work off-site regularly. Secondly, looking at current time cards is messy, there is no mid-day or break/lunch - rather multiple lines of time in/time out for the same work day. Here is where I am vague (and I apologize for that): the system seems clunky and almost too basic. It doesn't allow (easily at least) for employees to clock in for a specific job function or role.

Clunky Interface That Fails at What it's Built For

What should be a super easy process of recording time daily is made tedious and frustrating by this software that seems to still be operating in the 1990's rather than 2019.

Pros

Simplicity - it's essentially plug and play.

Cons

This software is incredibly basic, but not in terms of ease. If you clock in using one browser and for any reason have to move to another browser or use your phone, the data doesn't translate and your time gets skewed. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to whether or not you can use a personal sign in or be forced to sign in as the company first, creating a ton of work for whatever department controls the account (the account must access the software on the machine being used to sign in before the user can access their own personal sign-in). Time is easily editable if you make a mistake, but users cannot be assigned their own editing privileges - each adjustment must be approved by a supervisor or account owner.

Exactly what we were looking for!

Time issues. It saves me time and some of my employees are not able to steal company time as easily as before since there is no reason for them not to clock in at the different locations as well as some other things.

Pros

I like the price and the fact that both my locations can use it and I don't have to travel to both locations to get the time. I can see exactly who is clocked in and at what time. I can work on their time and time off from my desk throughout the month not just on payday so it doesn't take make it an all day affair.

Cons

Their are a few kinks still to work out like the titles of my Holiday Sick and PTO etc when I download the time to the spreadsheet but I make do.

I would never used a wall Time Clock again.

Making payroll is some easy. I can get last weeks timecard reports is less than a minute. I love the fact that I can give the employee a report of their complete last year times and show them just how many times they were late for work. This is a good report​ to show when they ask for a raise.​

Pros

No Timecards needed, no ink needed, no time clock that breaks down needed. No need to transfer time card information into a database​. Able to get a history report of any employee for any time period. Able to make changes on employee times. We need this because sometimes the employee will start or finish there day at a different location other than the shop. The employee​ is able to look up their​ total weekly hours anytime they are logged​ on. Converts time from hours and minutes to hourly decimal​ number. I never had to train anyone how to use the system except how to log on.

Cons

Does not work when the Internet goes downs. This happens​ about 2 or 3 times a year. But we can correct​ their times after it comes back on.

Easy to use!

We have had several good results from using IDEAblox. First, employees are more punctual. They realize on their own that they are a few minutes late. Therefore, they are generally reliable to correct the issue without the director bringing it to their attention. Secondly, it requires less time to process the payroll, allowing our time to be put to better use than just checking other's math skills!

Pros

We like that it tracks in real time but still allows an employee to make changes. Since the administrator must approve the change, it is still a reliable original source. The price makes it very affordable for small non-profits on tight budgets.

Cons

I am also responsible for Human Resources and have not had any complaints about it's ease of use or problems with any functionality.

Saves me more than it costs me

Before IDEAblox, my employees were giving me paper time sheets. The times they clocked in/out were always round numbers (3:00, 8:30, etc...) and I know that wasn't the actual time. They would also not fill out their timesheets daily and would "remember" their time and fill it in when it was time to turn them in. I know that I was overpaying in wages due to these two things. Now they clock in when they start working and clock out when they leave and there is no question as to when that is. I save WAY more than the monthly fee just by their timesheets being accurate.

Pros

It is really easy to clock in and out.

Cons

Only one computer can be used to clock in and clock out.

Great

Very good!

Pros

Easy to use and to figure out. Found out how to do everything on my own because it was so user friendly.

Cons

I do wish it had a picture login option, but this would usually be implemented with a tablet. I had previously used a clock in app at a previous company where you checked in and it would take a photo of you when you checked in so no one could fudge or lie about their hours. Wish this software had it, but we use it on our desktop PCs and they don't have cameras so it's not really a big deal.

Low Cost Software

Pros

The software is excellent for keeping payroll time. It is a low cost software that does the job. It's ease of use is great for any employee.

Cons

Sometimes the reports are hard to figure out how to obtain. I still haven't been able to find an easy way to print some of the reports I need.

IDEAblox review

I helped implement this in my company alongside the controller, and it worked very well for us.

Pros

What I like most about this review is its relative simplicity. Using this software to transition from paper and pencil to an online payclock was very easy to set up.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints about this software. Any problems I had while starting initial setup were answered by customer service.

Ideablox Rocks

Pros

Ideablox is user friendly and has many options. I love that it tracks time off and that there are different options for the type of time off that is requested. You can also personalize it to meet your specific needs. It is an accurate way of tracking time and you can access it from any computer if you choose to do so, or you can make it only accesible to certain IP addresses.

Cons

I haven't found anything yet that I do not like.

Easy to use, great for the cost

We had an issue with our point of sale software's built in time clock function. There is a limited number of instances of the software that can be used at one time...this posed an issue for us with our business layout and different department structures. Having an online option solved our issues immediately.

Pros

Ease of use, cost is very manageable. Each employee managing their own clock-ins with the ability to have a memo feature if there are any issues or they forgot to clock in our out is very nice. They used to have to manually tell management for a fix, and that wasn't efficient at all.

Cons

It would be nice to have report options on "inactive" employees.

Very Nice Product!!

I am happy with timezone facility, in-out and report facility. Though there is issue with multiple clock in at same time which calculates wrong time difference, but it can be negotiable! It calculates time perfectly and give perfect reports for that! Very nice product!

Pros

Perfect time calculation and reports.

Cons

There is nothing except I have written in advice section.

no more headaches

I absolutely love this software. I no longer have to calculate and take a long period of time trying to figure out the times that were not added, or staff complaining about co workers taking longer for their breaks. all over its a win -win. I absolutely tell all my colleagues about it.

Pros

I could round off time and my staff is more likely to be in the office on time. I no longer have my staff take office time for their personal time.

Cons

I don't have any cons currently. i feel the system is awesome!

Serves its purpose

I know that we use this system to track working hours in another location, so it probably works well for them. On my end however it seems like an overly complicated system used to perform a very simple task. If there were any way to smooth out the process of asking for time off it would earn a better rating.

Pros

I use this software to request time off. I was able to do so within a reasonable amount of time.

Cons

I accidentally submitted my requests twice but this was only because the system did not redirect me to a new page or show any sort of obvious confirmation that I had already submitted my request. Therefore I doubted myself and proceeded and to submit again, and I was unable to retract my repeated request afterward. It's also somewhat tedious having to use two different logins to get into my account - first its the general login and then access to my profile in particular. It's not the simplest thing to do only because you have to remember login information to gain access, and not everyone pays enough attention to those sort of details.

Daily Employee Timecards

IDEAblox has been excellent for all of our team members to easily utilize and track their hours worked.

Pros

I love how easy it is to clock in and out from a computer or mobile device. Its easy to monitor and keep track of my hours for week, vacation time and access previous pay period.

Cons

Some times it seems that the time clock is delayed. I realize this may be related to the computer the program is being used on.

Worth Every Penny

I am loving how I can update my personal education through the course software, create workouts and programs for all my clients, and work all from a computer at home

Pros

Easy to use, simple features, and makes connecting with my clients easy

Cons

Excellent for the cost point

Ideablox has been great, easy to use, great customer service. I have only had to use the service one time myself, and it was easy, quickly answered my questions. Great service!!

Pros

This is a great software for small business purposes, when you just need a way to get your employees to clock in and out. It is incredibly straightforward and easy to use. Just simply excellent!

Cons

The only con that I have crossed so far is the reporting functionality. I'd like to be able to drill down into it, and do comparisons, and just simple data analytics.

Good Small business time clock solution

Pros

The system is easy to use and can be accessed from any computer with internet. This makes it easy for small business to have a simple way of accurately keeping time cards. The comment section is also very useful if you miss a clock in/out or have two different hourly rates in the same clock in.

Cons

You can access the site without having it be secure (https).

WOW!! What a great way to save time and money!!!!

This program is with the time and perfect for small business users.

Pros

I love that this is so easy to use and we are not wasting paper by writing out our timeclock. Plus you can add multiple users and keep track. Love it!

Cons

There is anything that we do not like about this!

Employee Time Clock Made Easy!

My overall experience with IDEAblox has been wonderful! The website is very simple and easy to understand and if there is something that you don't know the staff is always willing to help. Also, if you are wanting to add a feature they would be delighted to do it. IDEAblox is the best website I used within 25 years and I recommend it for all businesses.

Pros

Everything included in the website.

Cons

Maybe creating an IDEAblox App.

Ideablox Review

Pros

Clock in/out function is straight forward. Everything is fairly easy to navigate.

Cons

I like how it calculates the time worked into a decimal number (ex. 7:35 hrs = 7.58), but it only does that for the total hours of an employee. I would like it if it gives the decimal number for each day's hours.

IDEAblox

Our experience with IDEAblox has been great. It’s easy for everyone to use and understand. It has enabled us to enforce our attendance policies with ease.

Pros

Ease of use, Inexpensive, Very functional

Cons

Sometimes difficult to navigate. Unable to delete time off after approval when an employee decides to cancel time off request.

ONLINE TIMECLOCK SOFTWARE

Because we can now track employees times (arrivals, tardiness, absences) for multiple locations over one software - this solves a HUGH problem for us. Now we can focus on growing the business!

Pros

That is was available online meant I did not have to purchase hardware. It also means ALL employees in ALL countries can sign in to the timeclock.

Cons

Lack of instructions and/or tutorials. Had to play around or figure it out yourself. Support is available - it is just not immediate.

Good for the Price

Pros

I can see my employees' hours all in one place from anywhere. I can delegate the task of reporting payroll hours to an employee.

Cons

I don't like that once an employee has been terminated, I have to reactivate them in order to view their hours and days worked.