Indeed Logo

Mobile applicant tracking, recruiting & job board

Indeed Reviews - Page 2

7,348 reviews

DM

Dezeray M.

Hospitality, 5,001-10,000 employees

Indeed Review

Pros

That it is another option for applying for jobs and seeing different postings/ different pool. ...

Cons

It seemed to only offer a specific category of jobs rather than a broad category based off my experience.

Jerome C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Why I Highly Recommend Indeed for Job Seekers

One of the things I liked best about Indeed is the comprehensive search filters that allowed me to narrow down my job search to find the most relevant job opportunities. I was able to filter jobs based on location, job title, salary range, and other relevant factors, which helped me find job listings that were a perfect match for my qualifications and preferences.Overall, I would highly recommend the...

Pros

One of the things that I like best about Indeed is its extensive database of job listings. The website boasts an impressive collection of job openings in different industries and locations worldwide.

Cons

What I like least about Indeed is that the company reviews section may not always provide the most accurate or unbiased information. While it can be helpful to read feedback from current and former employees about a company, it's important to remember that the reviews may be subjective and based on individual experiences.

pp

pawan p.

Construction, 51-200 employees

"Indeed: The Ultimate Job Search Platform"

My overall experience with Indeed is good. I've been able to post jobs and find jobs with ease, and the Business Development team has a 92% positive review rate. I'm able to find quality candidates quickly and the filters help me narrow down my search. I can also get help from Indeed's internal team if I'm having trouble creating my job ads.

Pros

One of the biggest advantages of Indeed is its ease of use. The website has a simple and intuitive layout, making it easy to navigate and find the information you need. Additionally, the platform offers a wide range of job listings from various industries, making it a one-stop-shop for job seekers. Another advantage is its advanced search capabilities, which allow users to filter job listings by location,...

Cons

One of the least liked aspects of the Indeed job search portal is the sheer number of tests employers often require potential candidates to take after they apply for a job. Additionally, there can be a lot of spam and outdated job postings, making it difficult to find relevant opportunities.

CS

Corey S.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Quite literally, would not have anyone on my staff if it weren't for Indeed

I have a very small staff, which means they need to be reliable, hard-working and part of our "family". I think Indeed has helped me find that type of candidate who is interested in actually building a future with my company.

Pros

In a world full of job sites & recruiting software, Indeed stands alone in the amount of features they offer to get to know your candidates. The free assessments they offer are well written and provide unique perspective on job applicants - including the initiative on whether or not they are willing to go the extra mile to impress a hiring manager. There are multiple tools to schedule and complete the interviewing of candidates via email, phone or video, and several places to make internal notes and log times to know where you left off with that particular applicant. This is very useful, especially when you are contacting multiple candidates for multiple jobs all at the same time.

Cons

The only time it seems the most helpful is when you are paying to sponsor your job listing. The free utility is not as effective in attracting applicants. Also, while they ask you a series of questions about why you disqualified a particular applicant, it doesn't seem to do much to thwart future applicants based on this same criteria. I understand that you don't want a potentially good applicant to get weeded out by mistake using A.I., but it should be more intuitive about candidates who don't complete assessments, miss mandatory requirements or just fail to even upload their resume. I don't need to be bothered with someone who just provided their name & phone number for consideration for a job I have offered.

IJ

Ikiera J.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

My Indeed experience

I love using the site. It's easy to use, simple to navigate, not hard to use at all. I love the extra details it gives me when it lets me know if a job listing is hiring multiple candidates or just one and if they're urgently hiring or not. I also love that I can quickly apply to jobs, and it lets me know if I have all the skills for a position or if I'm missing a few qualifications so overall I love the site.

Pros

I love how they implemented a new way of adding to your resume. I love how I can pick all of the skills I have to add to my experience with the click of a button. I don't have to use specific words when searching for jobs. I love how they have job fairs, hiring events, apply today start tomorrow job postings. Some employers like staffing agencies even leave a direct number to contact them which I also love and it tells me the employers response rate to applicants and how many people applied to the position which is a first for a job search engine. Huge plus! I love that it tells me if the job is seasonal/temp or full/part time. I love how they send off my completed tests from the companies that recommend a test after application submission.

Cons

The resume builder is a hassle at first but understandable why it's extensive. I don't like how they have way too many listings for minimum wage and it sometimes shows me job listings in other areas/states that are nowhere near me and some job postings are scams. I think their job postings that have no ratings should be vetted on legitimacy a bit more as well just to lessen the risk of getting scammed. I hate taking the tests after submitting an application

Ankit S.

Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees

Synonymous with excellence in Human Talent Recruiting...!!!

A significant problem arises when applicants do not complete their resumes on Indeed and submit a partial resume for a job. Ease of use is evident when looking at potential candidates for open positions. Be very clear about the quality of resumes based on those sent through Indeed. It makes my work life very simple.

Pros

In addition, the filter questions and interview functions of mobile phones and smartphones save a lot of time, effort, and effort. I used to waste candidate time and schedule the telephonic interview to do what Indeed now routinely does for me. Although it is the best application in terms of recruiting and UI, it is amicable and easy to integrate. We have integrated it with our company software and imported and exported the candidate contacts files directly.

Cons

I don't like being optional for candidates to list their positions. Sometimes we get applications from candidates who passed the evaluation but ended up not being local. I also want candidates to verify their phone number, as some candidates add an inactive number to the question making it difficult to contact them. Apart from that, it is mind-blowing application.

Neeraj B.

Human Resources, 201-500 employees

Hiring made easy using Indeed

My overall experience is excellent as an employer as well as a candidate. It has been saving me time in sorting through potential candidates. Indeed is the best platform for recruiters.

Pros

I got my second job after college placement through indeed. I have been using Indeed Hiring for years regularly. Indeed is the best platform to source the candidates as per the requirement. It has the largest talent pool. I was able to message job seekers who have opted to make their profiles public. If they meet the job requirement, then I can message them directly. Indeed is a well-known name for recruitment and is easy to navigate. Its UI is user-friendly. The job posting is effortless and free of cost. We can opt to sponsor our job as per the requirement. It has a wide variety of tools to screen the candidate. We can hire candidates of all backgrounds for all sorts of jobs, from technician to director levels. Indeed work on a pay-per-click model.

Cons

As we know, every technology has its pros and cons. I have been using Indeed for years. I have used Indeed as a candidate as well as an employer. As an employer, I am not a big fan of the pay-per-click model on which Indeed works. I have to pay for lots of clicks that are irrelevant. Most of the candidates are curious to know about the job rather than applying. It provides indeed mail rather than actual...

PS

Paige S.

Market Research, 10,001+ employees

My favorite job search software!

I've had nothing but good experiences with indeed, I've actually gotten hired with two different companies through the app and after you get hired you are able to put that on your profile that you are hired somewhere and basically off the market. For me it's just always been very easy to use and I've never had to question what I was doing in our when I was looking at!

Pros

I love the ease of use of indeed, it's never been difficult for me to navigate throughout the app or the website. I've never had to question what employers I have already applied to and which ones meet my specific qualifications. I especially love the little markers for each job application that say whether it is filling up quickly or if there is a lot of applicants who are applying, there's just a lot of information that's given and it really makes it easy to never doubt what is right in front of me!

Cons

To be honest I don't think I've ever had any problems with indeed. I have used it for years and I have always used it to keep my resume and it has since been very easy to update and keep track of places that I have applied to, places I've worked at, how long I've worked somewhere and the messaging feature is sort of new but that is also a nice touch that they added so that instead of having an email back and forth you are able to converse right in the app!

Tiffany A.

Staffing and Recruiting, 201-500 employees

Different from the other big job boards

Overall, now that I have a solid foundation and recruiting process, I really like the candidate diversity it has provided.

Pros

Indeed is so different from any of the other big job boards out there in terms of candidate pool and sourcing experience, though the job posting / application review is pretty standard. Indeed used to offer a pay-per-view of contact information for $1 per view. However, they have moved to a subscription based system, which might be more challenging for individual recruiters, but as an agency recruiter I prefer it. The dashboard is not fancy or bright, it is bare and basic, which makes it more user friendly and readable for seasoned recruiters.

Cons

The basic nature of the dashboard is potential a con as well. New recruiters who rely on call-to-action buttons and ATS integration for candidate management might struggle at first, to my knowledge Indeed is not integrated into any of the ATS I've used, so remembering to search for a pre-existing candidate record and manual resume parsing is required. Indeed also provides an "@indeedmail" email address for every candidate, and tends to populate it's Indeed formatted resume over the candidate's original, so often times their direct email is not provided.

LP

Luke P.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

My Go-To Site for Finding Quality Hires

Overall, my experience with Indeed has been great. I use them for 70% of all my hires. It's the largest job posting site in the world so why wouldn't I use it. It's pretty easy to use and the features are getting better and better. Indeed is a must have for anyone who is looking for new hires. You can try out other sites but you will inevitably come back to Indeed.

Pros

To start, Indeed is the largest job posting site in the world and most people use the platform when searching for a new job. This fact alone makes Indeed a must have when searching for new hires. Also, Indeed is very user friendly. This means that I don't have to micro manage the job postings. I can hand it over to my assistant and I don't have to worry about it. I also really like their analytics. It really helps me to optimize my postings so I can find the talent that I need. A feature that I really like is having applicants answer certain qualifying questions. This really speeds up the hiring process.

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like about Indeed but one thing that I must say is that I'm not a fan of the pay-per-click model for ads. With this model I have to pay for a lot of clicks that are irrelevant. If I post a job that looks enticing, I will get a lot of clicks from people who are just curious about the job and not serious about applying. One other thing would be the customer service. I wouldn't say that it's bad but it's not great. I've had issues with my Client Success Manager that has made things more difficult than they need be. This has been exacerbated since COVID-19. I'm hoping once things start to get back to normal I will get some more attention from my account manager and fix the issues that I'm having.

NB

Navia B.

Airlines/Aviation, 10,001+ employees

Will you Indeed get a job ?

Overall I have enjoyed Indeed but I still feel as though applications I have submitted were stuck in limbo. Indeed is usually my last option behind Linkedin and ZipRecruiter. The interface is very user friendly, so it is very easy for me to scroll through current job openings with ease. I would recommend this to someone who is very open about what jobs he/she wants and not so much stuck on one specific field. Also I think it is great for those who want a job but not sure what job as Indeed is great with showing a variety of different job postings within your area.

Pros

Indeed's website functionality is one of my favorite aspects that this software has to offer. Everything you need to apply to the job(s) of your choosing is just one click away. I also love how recruiters can find you without you doing any of the leg work. I actually got one of my favorite jobs this way and all I had to do was have an updated resume on my account. The criteria you have to fill out to find what you are looking for is as easy as 1-2-3.

Cons

One of my biggest dislikes about Indeed is sometimes you have to be very specific with your keywords or the website will pretty much show you every job within a 25 mile radius that has absolutely nothing to do with the choice of keywords you have supplies. For example if you type in "school secretary" Indeed will still show results that are similar such as "Dental office secretary" but not even in the ballpark of what you are looking for. Even if there is only one "school secretary" position located in my zip code and radius preference, I prefer that over continuously scrolling through secretary positions and never coming across what I am actually looking for.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Whether finding candidates or job opportunities, this is the place.

I've used Indeed to post jobs and to find jobs. It's been successful for both, is easy to use, and makes posting and applying convenient and less time consuming.

Pros

For most employers, Indeed is the fist place a job opportunity gets posted. It's free and very widely used. So, whether you're searching for a job or for candidates, this is the one place where everyone comes together to make the most comprehensive list of both candidates and job postings. The free platform is great, but there are paid services with prices to fit even the smallest budget.

Cons

I'm scratching my head on this one. With all its free features, there really isn't a reason not to use Indeed. I think the appearance could be improved by changing the font and font sizes to be more modern and consistently sized. Company reviews would be more meaningful if they could be segregated into locations or divisions of a company. For example, if I'm applying for a job in accounting or posting an opening for the CFO position, and all the reviews are from warehouse employees complaining about heat and excess overtime, the company's review score isn't very meaningful. Or, if I'm applying for a job in New York, and the reviews are all from employees in California, that isn't meaningful. I have to search through individual reviews to find those that are relevant to me.

MA

Michelle A.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Indeed will take care of you!

It has been amazing. When I decided that it was time to look for a job with more hours, Indeed was the only obvious choice. With the amount of new listings everyday, anyone looking for a job with realistic expectations should be able to find what they need using Indeed. I highly recommend!

Pros

I find Indeed to be just about the best place to go when it comes to searching for new job opportunities. It always has the latest listings with a very easy to navigate user interface. Personally, I have received three job offers from interviews that I was able to secure using Indeed. I love that you can save the posts to easily go back to them later. I also frequently use the filter setting which makes it simple to narrow down the exact location and specific job type I am looking for.

Cons

Honestly, I have had no issues with Indeed. I have heard, however, that anyone can post a listing for any job, whether or not it is actually accurate. Due to the overwhelming amount of scam artists in the world today, I have made sure to keep a look out for this exact scenario. Personally, I have yet to come across it on Indeed. I have seen it many times on Craigslist though! Indeed is far superior to Craigslist!

GH

German H.

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

Indeed, the main candidate source

We have been using indeed to gather candidates for the past 3+ years and we have had amazing results, we have experienced immense growth using the tools the indeed provides and have been able to painting our growth for the past 3 years.

Pros

The amount of prospective candidate is higher than any other source, and the response time for posted ads is immediate. Candidates are aligned to the requirement of the postings, and are actively looking for jobs, and updating their information often.

Cons

I don't see many cons, the only one I could mention is the steep price, it is way higher than any other provider, but it also provides the best results.

DR

Daniel R.

Retail, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Have used and referred others to this app/site since 2012, best job search app by far.

At the moment, none. I used Indeed briefly when I was managing a data collection call center but other than creating the initial posting I left most of this work to the HR department. We posted the exact same job description on Craigslist as well and I anylized the productivity numbers of the employees we found through Craigslist and Indeed and the employees we found from Indeed had a much higher...

Pros

I really like the ability to easily customize what you are searching for as far as employment opportunities go. Prior to starting my own e-commerce business/after my enlistment in the military I have used Indeed to find 3/5 of the jobs I've had during that period. The algorithms do an excellent job of providing relevant job opportunities based on data provided through the website and what I assume...

Cons

Unfortunately, although out of your control, it would be much more convenient if every job posting allowed for the quick apply feature, as mobile internet use is increasing year by year while desktop use is on a similar decline. It would also be nice if there were more options to customize the recommendations you receive. Although as I mentioned the Algorithms do a great job, it would be nice if...

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Paid Version is Pointless

In general, the free version is useful and should be an automatic posting option for any Recruiting/Talent Acquisition department if it isn't already cross-posted by your ATS automatically. In a free version, you can excuse how bad the software is, which is pretty bad. However, their freemium aggregate model of scraping jobs from thousands of other sites and making their website a one-stop shop...

Pros

As an aggregate job posting site, it is a must have for any recruiting department to use on a daily basis. The free hosting feature is automatically done on most ATS programs. Because they scrape from so many websites, job postings with them will reach even tough markets like Physicians, whereas Careerbuilder, Zip, Monster, etc. do NOT reach these.

Cons

Google-for-Jobs has made Indeed all but obsolete. Their "paid" version is pointless compared to the free version. We have tested several times and have seen hardly any, if any, quantifiable difference for the huge cost, regardless of what the sales team says. Their resume database is horrible in search function and results, although, useful in that you can pay per resume pull. They are aesthetically the Craigslist of job search websites. The site is ugly (relative), hard to become a power user on (like Linkedin), and is only successful because of their Freemium aggregate model.

JB

Jillian B.

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Indeed

Overall, indeed has bred successful for me in my job hunt. I was able to apply for 20-50 jobs daily for 2 weeks nonstop with all the new jobs that were becoming available everyday. The setup was very quick and easy, uploading resumes and documents was simple, navigating the site as well as your account was easy as well. I would like to suggest an option to help build a resume that is professional rather than just having to you your own. Some people may not have a resume created yet or some may not be tech savvy and capable of creating their own resume. This may already be an option, but it’s just not professional enough. All In all, indeed is the top software to use for job hunting and I believe 9 out of 10 people are successful at finding a job using indeed.

Pros

Indeed is constantly updated daily with new available jobs. It will let you know the most recent jobs added, jobs you’ve viewed and applied for. Indeed will also share with you available jobs that are similar to the ones you’ve already applied for.

Cons

Some available jobs you apply for will have you redirected to the company website where you must sign up and create an account before you can apply and this can be very time consuming when you are putting in 100’s of applications daily.

Edward B.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

It isn't great, but it is less expensive...

Not much to like about Indeed, save for their greatest strength - it is where the largest number of candidates and resumes are. We have found good people on Indeed before, and we will continue to use it. it is very "buggy"; we frequently have issue with using this product. Also, they always seem the be looking for new ways to get money out of users, adding new functionality that may or may not be useful, while asking for additional payment for features that used to be standard. It really is annoying, but if you go easy on the optional features it is somewhat cost-effective (certainly less than some other options) and again, this is where the most candidates and resumes are located.

Pros

Cons

Very "buggy"; we frequently have issue with using this product. Also, they always seem the be looking for new ways to get money out of users, adding new functionality that may or may not be useful, while asking for additional payment for features that used to be standard. It really is annoying, but if you go easy on the optional features it is somewhat cost-effective (certainly less than some other options) and again, this is where the most candidates and resumes are located.

GD

Gavin D.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

The Easiest Way to Hire EVER

Overall, my experience has been extremely positive with Indeed. My company and I receive nearly double the amount of applicants when we post a job on Indeed compared to a local company. The online portal is very helpful in the hiring process as it allows all candidates to be accessed in one place and can be easily managed. I love Indeed and will continue using it for all of my hiring needs.

Pros

Posting a job is incredibly easy on Indeed, but the real value of the software comes from the online portal. With the ability to quickly identify qualified candidates, send them a relevant assessment, and then contact them directly on the platform, it's the best hiring tool I have ever used. We've hired our last 5 employees from Indeed.

Cons

A few things could be improved, including the following: being able to download Resumes from Word Documents as PDFs instead of .docx. This would make it a lot faster to print and send to others, without having to open Word and convert to PDF. Additionally, I think that the Messages UI could be improved to be more intuitive. Sometimes it's confusing to quickly glance and see who sent what message.

DH

David H.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Great Platform for Low Cost Recruiting

We've been using Indeed for recruitment (across many different types of positions) for five years now. I have nothing but good things to say about Indeed and my account rep.

Pros

I've been using Indeed as my primary source of recruitment for the past five years. It is a low cost recruiting platform. They have also added quite a few features over the past few years. Indeed allows end users to post their jobs for free or to set a specific budget for their job (based on cost per click). My case may be different as I've used it for so long, but I believe you are assigned a dedicated account rep to help you along the way and provide support should you have questions.

Cons

While very low cost, the cost per click method does charge you if someone clicks on your ad, whether they apply or not. This can sometimes result in maxing out your specific budget while receiving few candidates. However, from my experience, this is not typically the norm.

EP

Elizabeth P.

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Incredible occupation posting programming with combination include!

Indeed.com is fit very well for HR Department to post for present place of employment openings. For organizations that have work sheets, cycle can be mechanized. Indeed.com has capacity to businesses to post positions at no charge, yet perceivability isn't ensured. So for certain organizations that require employ quick and are prepared to pay cash for that - make a point to pay immediately. Try not to utilize free postings, not that numerous candidates.

Pros

Indeed.com is the stage that we use to post for present place of employment openings. Just HR division approaches post positions, subsequently, it is utilized by one office in particular. It is not difficult to explore, and imaginative, their group attempts and consistently searches for better approaches to show occupations. In our association, we have one occupation board, and Indeed.com consequently pulls present place of employment advertisements from our profession entry. This is SO AWESOME. No compelling reason to refresh various stages. Strongly suggest it!!!

Cons

Pro's -Interaction mechanization -Ready to incorporate inquiries with decides that permit you to waitlist applicants in an all the more ideal style -Simple to utilize -Extraordinary format -Can post for nothing -They permit you to utilize a charge card for supporting -Supporting standards is acceptable and has numerous choices Con's -Missing usefulness - perhaps movement report, what number of snaps per position each week? -New position supporting stage can be confounding

AB

Allegra B.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Love the short list and messaging

We are a small company that usually has only one or two posts at any given time. We don't have the resources to spend days worth of man hours searching for the best applicants. Indeed has great filters and options to help automate the process so much, that we really only spend time reading through applications for job seekers that meet most or all of our criteria.

Pros

The short list is a really great feature of this software that really helps narrow down the best candidates. Indeed also allows the company to easily message job seekers who have not applied that have opted to make their information public. If they meet the company's criteria, we can message them directly and ask them to apply or reach out to us.

Cons

There is little that I don't like about this software since it is so straightforward and a breeze to use. I can't even think of anything specific I don't like other than the initial time it takes to get the post set up in the system. But, it is really no worse than any other job sites, and certainly quicker than several out there.

DG

Debra G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Indeed Helps find the Perfect Job

Indeed has sent me jobs to look into that matches my resume and position objective criteria. Indeed has a plethora of employers looking for employees in just about every career field you can imagine. The experience I've had with Indeed has been always a pleasant one and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a job or looking for a great employee.

Pros

Indeed is easy to use and upload your resume to. Love how it's so easy to use and then when there's a match to your resume they will notify you. Indeed has helped many people find the right job. I have done resumes for people that ask my opinion for best site to look for work. I always recommend Indeed.

Cons

Sometimes a site will want both resume and the application and can be a bit time consuming to fix the format and like that. But wouldn't go to any other job site still.

AS

Ashley S.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Indeed for Nonprofit hiring

In my opinion they are the best job search and posting website, but they charge more than some nonprofits like us can afford. It's easy to use and yields results, but very expensive. However, our best new employees have come from Indeed, because people who use Indeed know what they want in a career and are ready to get to work.

Pros

We had the best applicants from Indeed. If someone is serious and dedicated to finding the right job and career, they will spend the time and money to apply and post resumes. This weeds out applicants who are not very serious or professional. The specificity of profiles and areas of interest helps us find candidates with the right credentials and experience.

Cons

It is extremely costly, especially to a startup business. As a nonprofit working to end homelessness for adults living with severe mental illnesses, I thought that a giant corporation like Indeed would be interested in helping with taxes or offering a little support.

RR

Ryan R.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Indeed: Pretty Good , Indeed

Overall pretty good. I think it's a good resource for someone actively looking at pursuing a new job that does not have as many networking tools. If you are disciplined and you take the time to be consistent and aggressively pursue roles that interest you it can be a great tool

Pros

I think Indeed has a solid platform and that for job search for finding good job opportunities. I think it's mostly focused around entry level to higher entry level roles it can be a huge help. You have to really commit and build out your profile and pair that with an updated professional resume and you'll be ready to snag interviews. I think a lot of companies do not have time or resources to recruit, so for them it's a big value add as well.

Cons

I think sometimes the app brings you opportunities that do not necessarily relate to your specific job hunt or your skills and that can be annoying