Indeed Logo

Mobile applicant tracking, recruiting & job board

Indeed Reviews - Page 5

7,348 reviews

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1,000 employees

Overall a good app for monitoring applicants and job searching

Overall from a seeker and Employer - Indeed is definitely worth a shot! This is a well known app for job seekers and you will be overwhelmed with the number of candidates that apply!

Pros

Seekers: I like that you can read company reviews (and also if it is posted by a current employee, former employee, etc) . This gives you a real look into the company and how happy the employees are.. Employers: It is fairly simple to post a job. A bit lengthy when creating your first one, but ease of use is great for the user.

Cons

As a job seeker - there is a :My Jobs: section. This allows you to view jobs you have saved and/or applied to... one thing Indeed could change is under "Applied for"- if you are "not selected", there should be an option to remove the job from the queue. It fills up very fast. Also, if selected to do a test- at times the app freezes up Employer - At times, the customer service number comes back with a "fax-like" tone - also CS could be a tad more curtious. Also, there should be a mandatory email field that does not use the indeed email. At times, I could not get in touch with the applicant because of this.

SA

Stacy A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Easy way to attract applicants

We have received enough qualified applicants through the platform.

Pros

It is easy to use and effective. The ability to name search made it easy to use. The ability to add retirement questions was helpful.

Cons

Having to List every few weeks to refresh our placement on search is annoying at best. We did hate having to reenter the leads in a separate software system because the emails were fakes run only through indeed,

KB

Keirsten B.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Better Candidates with Indeed

We are getting a better result of qualified applicants for positions.

Pros

I like most that it prescreens applicants based upon criteria that I choose initially. I am no longer getting completely irrelevant candidates for positions. It is also user friendly and I am finding more candidates with Indeed resumes already uploaded into the system.

Cons

Sometimes suggested applicants do not meet the distance criteria we are looking for. We would rather not hire outside of the city as commuters face greater challenges making it to work on time in the winter here.

TR

Tracy R.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Indeed is necesary for new hires!

We use Indeed almost daily. I save applicant information on the portal and correspond with applications through the site. This is a super user-friendly system. We have tried other companies but don't get the same return as we do with using Indeed.

Pros

I really enjoy indeed since I can turn the ad on and off as needed. I can monitor the daily costs and keep up with resumes through the portal

Cons

You have to be super careful how you set up the ad. If you don't leave your cost per click low, you can rack up charges with no results.

DW

Darrell W.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Seems like the Best Way to Hire

We have hired a num,ber of very good candidates. Indeed is now my first choice when hiring.

Pros

I like the tools and tests and very complete information it can gather from an applicant in advance of contacting them.

Cons

It can tend to be pretty pricey. But better than others like Zip.

AP

Ankit P.

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

Its Expensive But best for Infra OR Non- IT Recruiting.

If you are a Non IT recruiter and looking for Active candidate who are Immediately available in the Job market it is THE BEST software. You just need to Post your requirement and candidate will automatically apply in bulk quality. You will get those candidates here who don't post there resume on Monster Dice Job boards.

Pros

If you are looking for candidates which you will most probably not able to find on other JOB Boards like Monster Dice etc. Indeed is the Best platform for you.

Cons

Its very expensive as compare to other Jon Boards like Monster, Dice.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

The help of Indeed

Highly recommend using Indeed because it includes all the information that a person needs to have in order to apply for their jobs. It also excludes all the options that you choose to not to apply for them. It frequently sends announcements about jobs that fit with our positions and abilities. Indeed is an amazing application that everyone should have to find a job.

Pros

I am an international student. I started to study in Canada six years ago. To support my finance, I need to look for jobs, but it is really hard to find one because I do not know well in Canada. Indeed is a free application that I can rely on to look for a job that fits with my abilities and resume. At this time, I found many jobs that suite me. Indeed helped me have a job and support my finance. It reduces my stress a lot about the cost of living, tuition fee, and books expenses.

Cons

Although the sample of the resume includes all important information of the applier, it is not impressive to the recruiter. Also, it does not suggest any idea on how to improve the appliers' resume. If they have this feature, it would be perfect for the application to support people can receive jobs better and sooner.

RE

Ralph E.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Indeed Is Simple to Use and It Gets Me Results!

Overall, Indeed is really a great job listing portal that is also very easy to use and navigate.

Pros

Indeed isn't like some job listing portals with clumsy placements of graphics and textual content here and there that confuse users. The platform is very easy to navigate without content that distracts the user from the task he is trying to accomplish. There are no pushy advertisements or overly zealous prompts to subscribe to an email list or anything like that. Searching for a job or gig on Indeed...

Cons

There's nothing that I'm going to complain about because it serves the purpose I use it for extremely well. I search for gigs and jobs, and I find more than enough of those.

JL

Justin L.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

One of the best ways to track job applicants

I have filtered out a lot of talent and helped find employees that are the right fit for our organization

Pros

How it reaches out to a wide variety of job applicants and filters them out based on qualifications and past job experience.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a little expensive compared to other competitors like ZipRecruiter and CareerBuilder.

LD

Linda D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 10,001+ employees

THANK YOU for the opportunity to interview...

While in the professional HHC field I relied on Indeed to perform what I liked to call a brief introduction of the job, the skills and qualifications and a range for the salary or hourly wage. It also lets the job seeker aware your resume was looked at tells you how many people have applied and how long the post has been available

Pros

Posting and updates of your resume are super simple. I have worked with Linked In and Zip Recruiter both these sites are impossible to make updates and changes with out issue. I also found that neither Zip recruiter or Linked in - gave notice of when the job was posted or even if that position was filled.

Cons

I found myself submitting applications to jobs that didn't have a compensation amount. I found this very useful using other apps . Perhaps this has been updated to now include. I had no issues with getting interviews but 4 out of 5 jobs I appied for offered me less to take the job than what I was making and this is asked for and talked about prior to scheduling of interview.

DO

Divina O.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Cost Effective and Efficient

We've made the majority of our hires through Indeed - they offer great candidates. We can quickly look at resumes and determine if they'd be a great fit for our fast paced medical office or not. The reps that are assigned to us give us the freedom to adjust our profiles and have even helped to retrieve job descriptions from our other Indeed profiles. They don't aggressively push us to one direction and we appreciate that.

Pros

When comparing Indeed to other hiring websites, Indeed is one of the more cost effective sites with increased traffic. We used two hiring sites concurrently and ended up making a hire through Indeed. I like the messaging option as well - I use the default templates in addition to the ones I have created specifically for our practice. I also appreciate the feature that notes if the candidate has applied before. We are constantly opening and closing positions. so having this information helps drive our decisions much quicker.

Cons

The overall look of the website is a bit outdated. I would appreciate a streamlined looking dashboard. Right now, it's too simple.

ST

Scott T.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Indeed Review

Indeed is my go-to recruiting tool when I am looking for candidates in locations that I don't recruit on a regular basis. I can't recommend it enough!

Pros

You can tailor the questions specific to the job requirements and it is very easy to use.

Cons

I do not like the limitations on the length of the questions that I submit. This limits the detail that I can ask a candidate. I do not like generic questions because I am limited by space.

gp

gulshan p.

Computer Software, self-employed

Indeed Unveiled: A Comprehensive Review

Pros

As a user of Indeed, what I liked most about the platform was its user-friendly interface and extensive job listings. The website's clean and intuitive design made it effortless to navigate through countless job opportunities. It streamlined my job search process by allowing me to filter and customize my search criteria, such as location, industry, and job type, ensuring that I could find the most...

Cons

As a user, one of the aspects I liked least about Indeed is the prevalence of job postings that appear to be misleading or overly promotional. Occasionally, I found job listings that promised fantastic opportunities, but upon closer inspection, they turned out to be vague or potentially misleading. It can be frustrating to invest time and effort into applying for a position, only to discover that it...

AA

Andrea A.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Real Reviews

It's been an easy process with this minus the long waits for the employer to make a decision.

Pros

What I like most about it is that you can edit your job qualifications to the right job you are interested in. It is very easy to use and you are able to click and apply within minutes. Some will direct you to their page while others are just a click and apply.

Cons

The least I like about it, is that employer's do take their time reviewing your application or following up with you.

HB

Haley B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Indeed for the employer

Indeed has dramatically cut the amount of time I look for potential employees. We always get an abundant amount of applicants. I am able to flag the applications I am interested in. I am also able to easily decline applicants that do not fit the job description and I can also set up an email to be sent to them automatically that they do not fit our company's current needs.

Pros

It is very organized and streamline. It is easy to see which applicants you still have to review, candidates you scheduled interviews for, and candidates you do not want to consider.

Cons

The applicants do not always meet the standards of the company. They do have questions that you can ask the candidate to answer to screen them, however the candidate would often answer yes to the screening questions but then they would not have that experience on their resume.

AS

Angie S.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Great sourcing page!

Great experience overall. I have been using Indeed for the past 5 years and its been a great experience!!

Pros

I like the pool that indeed has! Im able to find, source, and select good quality of candidates!

Cons

customer service is not that fast. I wish they had live agents like other softwares!

AT

Ayranique T.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Indeed the best

My overall experience with Indeed is actually pretty good. I do feel like throughout the years of using the app it has not been the best when it comes to the hiring side responding back. Or when there a small little pop quizzes to see if you can qualify when in all you still need the training when you get hired anyway.

Pros

Indeed in the point of view that I carry I do feel like it is a great product. It's a way to keep the information of jobs and people going. They allow for you to search within a wide range of things and even for updates on the status of the application that you send in.

Cons

I do not like that it sometimes take a minute to get a response. Or sometimes I feel that communication flow of things is not the best way of working itself out. I also do feel like it has option for certain jobs, but not others and then I also do believe the usage of uploading a resume no longer is needed.

Casey S.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Yes Indeed, You are hired

All in all I can say mobile experience with indeed is hands-down one of the best job searching and posting software out there. Everything from the customer service to ease-of-use to the job descriptions makes it a simple software to use utilize and understand.

Pros

Everything about indeed as far as on a users and is extremely easy and well laid out. Submitting a resume whether you have one already saved as a file or create a new one it’s easier than trying to download one from another computer. It has all the tools you need for every bit of implemented information from a resume for an employer to look at. Job searches and descriptions on very forward and easy to understand I don’t see why somebody couldn’t find a job using the software. I give it two thumbs up. I’d give it more but only have two thumbs

Cons

The only con I can see toward the software is every now and then there will be some spam or spoofed listings five through that can easily be mistaken for a pretty good job offer. Maybe indeed should up there I just scanning software to weed out all those spammed and spoofed job offers.

Shilleah S.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Loved it as both a job seeker and an employer!

Overall, I am happy with Indeed. We have tried many different job posting apps, but Indeed has been the most efficient and we get the most responses from it.

Pros

As an employer it has many different templates I can save for my job posting candidates. I can also schedule interviews straight through the messages which link directly with my calendar and email. As a job seeker, I loved the one button apply for job listings.

Cons

Navigating between messages and job candidates is a little confusing. It would also be really nice if I was able to customize the dispositions I am able to leave my candidates on.

Law Enforcement, 51-200 employees

Indeed Job Search

I was using 4 or 5 other job apps and was getting nowhere until I switched to Indeed! I found the job I’m still working for after 4 years!

Pros

Not only can you look for the job of your dreams on Indeed, you can look up the companies you want to work for. As well as, looking for salary ranges for the job you would like.

Cons

Nothing at all! The Indeed application was the best one I had seen over the years. I’m glad I found it because I could still be searching for a new job!

KC

Kimberly C.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Indeed ....You Should

I like Indeed. They have great customer service. This website is very easy to use as well.

Pros

This website is great for searing resumes, posting positions for hire. It has the capability of posting multiple positions.

Cons

It can be very confusing when trying to renew a a job posting to update the date of the posting. This keeps it fresh and higher up on the line.

Ilan T.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Indeed Review

I found one of my first jobs through Indeed, so it has been a personal success for the website in my eyes. I stayed with the company, TGI Fridays, for a little over 3 years until the restaurant closed down with the pandemic happening. The location was close and the interview process was a comfortable time, and so I will always be thankful to Indeed for that assistance. However, the more robust searching...

Pros

The user interface is easy to navigate and doesn't present you with obnoxious clutter. Sites like Indeed need to be viewable for stretches of time, as job seekers may be applying for a few hours on occasion. Primarily white and blue eases that. Quick apply saves so much time and you can navigate to only qucik apply jobs so you don't need to remember whatexternal websites you have applied with and also make a username and password along with any extra measures for an application.

Cons

Sometimes job recommendation emails aren't the best as they can be within your field but too far away or specific in a way that means you do not want the job. That system should still be in place for sure, as it may be helpful but can also flood your inbox potentially.

FQ

Farida Q.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Review of indeed

It’s great experience getting good job leads as per occupation , Cheap and easy to post jobs - worth the price

Pros

Our org uses Indeed.com to post jobs and source potential candidates. We also utilize it to find similar job titles and postings to reassess our strategy.

Cons

Formatting of job posts does not translate well sometimes

eh

erin h.

Consumer Goods, 1,001-5,000 employees

Recruit with iCIMS

We were trying to solve a candidate flow issue as well as ease of application....the quick apply process resolved.

Pros

What we like about this software is the breadth of functionality that is offered...from defining our brand, to visibility to potential candidates through job boards, to quick and easy application process. Quick adoption from our recruiting team.

Cons

The only areas we have had issues is with customizing reports and dashboards...not as easy and intuitive. Also challenges with multiple recruiters having access and updating disposition of candidates for a role.

mohamed b.

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Job searching in indeed

I got a job through the platform. It's a genuine site for job seekers.

Pros

This is a free platform for a job seeker which is easy to handle it. There are more and more jobs available and easy to communicate.

Cons

It's much better than other job-seeking a platform and easy to get a job without any payment.