Indeed Logo

Mobile applicant tracking, recruiting & job board

Indeed Reviews - Page 6

7,354 reviews

mohamed b.

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Job searching in indeed

I got a job through the platform. It's a genuine site for job seekers.

Pros

This is a free platform for a job seeker which is easy to handle it. There are more and more jobs available and easy to communicate.

Cons

It's much better than other job-seeking a platform and easy to get a job without any payment.

HS

Higor Samuel G.

Computer Software, self-employed

Excellent for job search

I have been using it for over two years, I already got a job for it, I recommend it to many people for its practicality, because it really helps with their purposes. I am grateful to Indeed for helping me when I needed a job.

Pros

Indeed is an excellent system that helps its users find the job they want. I've used it for a long time and I liked it too much. I started using the free plan, which had many interesting job openings. I already got a job that way. The search facility gives the desired area, the existing filters are very accurate, and fast. You can choose a reminder of any vacancy you want, and Indeed reminds you when it appears. Very easy to use. The paid version is excellent too, as it has support support even in the creation of resumes. And your resume is highlighted in relation to others. Really good.

Cons

Sometimes, I select a reminder for a particular area or region. And there are some job openings that are not intended for that region, which ends up creating a nuisance, and may even waste your time, so you should have better control over that.

PY

Paul Y.

Education Management, self-employed

A big step up from Craigslist without the bloat of LinkedIn, Workopolis

You don't need fancy advertisements or podcast endorsements like the big brand name players. Indeed gets the job done by helping you find the right job quickly while allowing employers to effectively use their money to access a large pool of job-seekers.

Pros

I found that the most important factor in using a job ad platform is the users. And Indeed is where people are gravitating to. It's where companies are posting to. Sort of like the chicken and the egg issue. If nobody is posting jobs then people aren't visiting the site. If not one is visiting the site then nobody is posting jobs. Indeed has been able to get their food in the door and find the momentum...

Cons

Though I enjoy the simple design, I sometimes miss some more precise search functions found on other sites. But I guess you can't have it both ways. The regular reminders to pay for the promoted listings can get annoying but I don't find them as offensive as other junk mail reminders.

Clifton P.

Broadcast Media, self-employed

Using Indeed for Employment Is a Win, Win situation.

I have secured positions through Indeed on more than one occasion. I have always had trouble staying long at a job but have been able to continue to use Indeed with no judgment. They always seem to have my back and help a lot. One thing though, I have never talked directly with anyone from Indeed. Never had to because there software makes it to where everything is taken care of and I have never had an issue except my location requests.

Pros

I really like the feature where I can apply with my Indeed application as opposed to going to the prospective companies site and filling in all my information over and over. They really make it possible to apply for many more opportunities than if I had to continuously fill out new applications.

Cons

The only fault I find with Indeed is they seem to ignore my filters on the geographical location of where I live and where I want to work.

Jaron H.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Good, but seems to favor quantity over quality.

I continue to use it and it gets the job done, but it's not as great as I would have hoped.

Pros

It is pretty straightforward to use, I receive most of my applicants and hires from it, but it's only good not great. The email relay function is convenient, and the canned responses for replying to applicants is quite nice and saves a lot of time. I am able to easily post a job, set my specific requirements for employees, and then just review over applications and resumes as they come in. I get notified when applicants are in, and I can quite easily sort through to pick who passes to the next step. A free posting will generate some applicants, and sponsoring is guaranteed to give you a higher quantity of applicants.

Cons

Indeed has two sets of users, but one customer. The two users are the Employees and the Employers. But, the Employer is their customer who pays. Indeed has to try and satisfy both in somewhat of a balance. One problem that arises from the employer's view is that the applicants are not always great quality. Indeed helps employers automatically match their skills and resumes to job postings that are...

Alexe J.

Animation, self-employed

Best Way to Find A Job..?

Overall, I would not choose any other job search site of Indeed. I switched over from SnagAJob and I never liked Monster or the other job search sites. This one has the most relevant, REAL jobs, at least most of the time. It still is easy to use and they do offer categories for searches, including full time or part time, and also the distance of the jobs. There could be more options added, possibly, to help people connect to the right work. I feel it is still tiresome no matter what. I don't like having to fill in APPS when I sent a whole resume.

Pros

There are some pretty obvious reasons to use Indeed, in my opinion. The thing that I like most about this software is that almost every company is on it, which makes it easier to reach more employers. The best thing I like about Indeed is that it keeps my resume online and I can download it as a PDF or I can send the link or even connect my Indeed resume to some employer's applications. I also enjoy the fact that there are One-Click job options and options for temporary work, stuff like Uber or Bouncing in bounce houses with children. This is the best place to find a job. It is the most professional and safe way.

Cons

I have been scammed on Indeed before. Someone told me that they had a job for me and sent me a fake check and told me to cash it. Also, there are no picture or video options on the applications, which LinkedIN uses a more Social media approach to the job search. Please keep indeed professional and don't make it a social media site!

Marie R.

Media Production, self-employed

Indeed is a Top Employment searching engine!!

It's always a wonderful and amazing experience with Indeed. It makes my job search easy and effective. Indeed is a game changer in today's world of employment & job searchers.

Pros

What I like about Indeed is how organized, easy, quick & efficient it is to use when searching for a job. I have used Indeed for many years now. It has always lead me to amazing job opportunities! I am grateful for Indeed! For it gives the opportunity for people to be hired through their amazing search engine for any kind of work an individual is looking for! Great job Indeed!

Cons

The least thing I only would suggest for indeed is the option of apply at the company website. I think it's better if everything just requires apply now right away. Instead of connecting to employers website. Other than that, It's still an Amazing search engine for jobs!

EF

Edgard F.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Indeed - Employer Review

Indeed has worked great for our company and has helped us grow without sacrificing a lot of capital.

Pros

Indeed allows our organization to hire individuals for new roles with ease. We can post jobs and narrow the candidate search for those that better fit our organization. The applicant tracking helps us know where we are at with each individual.

Cons

I do not like that Indeed does not have the functionality to automatically export all information into your desktop for further review.

SF

Scott F.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Pretty Useful Job Site for Both Sides

I've used this site both for finding a job, and then later down the road, hiring for positions too. I prefer them to the other monster job sites out there that are VERY bloated, but Indeed could use some more modern features and updated search functions. That said, I can't complain about the results - I found a great job AND some great hires from them too!

Pros

Website is fast and very easy to use, and for the most part the ads are kept to a minimum. Indeed has their customer account setup pretty well, and it's easy to find what you are looking for. Their resume upload feature works pretty well and gets ALMOST everything right, but only if you are using a text-based resume. I like to jazz mine up with a simple image here and there, which it doesn't like at all. The process of creating and adding to that resume is also done well. Applying to a job is very quick and easy too, and I love the follow-ups from them about interviews and feedback.

Cons

When I first started using the site, before it caught on, I almost felt like it wasn't legitimate given its overly simplistic design. I haven't used them in a few months, so that may have changed, but there is something to be said about being TOO simple and easy to use. It could use an upgrade with some modern AJAX features to make things more intuitive. One other thing is that their job search features need work. Searching for computer or IT related jobs gives you ANYTHING that has the word computer in it, which is basically everything.

AB

Abigail B.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

You'll indeed find this site useful for jobfinding!

It has been astonishing. At the point when I concluded that the time had come to search for a task with more hours, Indeed was the solitary clear decision. With the measure of new postings ordinary, anybody searching for a task with sensible assumptions ought to have the option to discover what they need utilizing Indeed. I energetically suggest!

Pros

I have been utilizing Indeed for quite a long time. Right off the bat I secured my first position from Indeed itself. Without a doubt is easy to understand and their following information has worked on throughout the long term. It is extremely easy to understand and I appreciate landing messages about comparable positions I am searching for which might be great for me.

Cons

To be straightforward I don't think I've at any point had any issues with in reality. I have utilized it for quite a long time and I have consistently utilized it to keep my resume and it has since been exceptionally simple to refresh and monitor puts that I have applied to, places I've worked at, how long I've worked some place and the informing highlight is somewhat new yet that is likewise a decent touch that they added so that as opposed to having an email to and fro you can banter solidly in the application!

CP

Carly P.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Works for our small company needs & budget

Overall we are very happy. As long as we remain patient we usually end up with a couple good candidate to choose from eventually. The majority f our employees came from our Indeed ads over the years.

Pros

I like that Indeed still remains free to us to use with the option to upgrade if we want to depending on our budget and need for the hire

Cons

While Indeed is free to use, I feel like if you do not spend money on the ad then your candidate option is much more limited. ~5-10 candidate per job posting and after a while no new applicants. Requires us to delete the posting and make a whole new identical posting for "fresh" applicants to hopefully apply. I understand the more you spend the better your search but it's still frustrating as a small company with a more limited hiring/HR budget.

DM

Derek M.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

EMPLOYERS AND OWNERS BEWARE!

EMPLOYERS AND OWNERS BEWARE! AS A BUSINESS OWNER AND EMPLOYER I STRONGLY WARN ALL OTHER EMPLOYERS TO USE A DIFFERENT JOB POSTING SERVICE. I own a company. That company owns several brands, including a new brand that we are developing during the pandemic that is exclusively for an online video game. We have had a team working on the game for many months and posted on indeed to hire another short term...

Pros

The system works reasonably well if you don't run into problems. But using them RISKS damage to your company reputation.

Cons

The customer service is downright draconian.

JS

JOHN S.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

A Gift to HR

Since partnering with Indeed I have found their staff to be extremely helpful in suggesting alternate methods of recruiting and refining the selection process. Very pleased with this vendor.

Pros

Indeed allows a tremendous amount of flexibility in presentations, cost, and collaboration with other services that assist in the hiring process. It also is a great time-saver by allowing the user to drill down to the most important traits required for the position being posted.

Cons

Although Indeed allows the user to create and store boilerplate documents used in the course of contacting the applicants, it does not allow you to delete them or hide them. I have a lengthy list of documents that I have created over time, however, I cannot restrict the selection to those documents that are most useful today!

RB

Rosette B.

Machinery, 1,001-5,000 employees

Extraordinary Item

For sure is extremely simple to utilize programming devoted to recruiting or looking through cycle to anyone with any interest at all.

Pros

This is the best approach on the employing system or to look for another open door. The program keeps you informed all the status interaction either recruiting or looking.

Cons

The essential idea of the dashboard is likely a con too. New enrollment specialists who depend ready to come in case of an emergency to-activity buttons and ATS combination. Nothing actually that I could do without from this product, can be better assuming in the employing system the up-and-comers can share a picture of themselves.

RL

Randi L.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

INDEED-WELL worth time investment to get job/career & to help others get job/career

Great way to find and apply for job/career for others in need.

Pros

As a Local Network Leader, I try to help others get jobs/careers as a part of the networking connections. The time investment to set up career opps for others is very rewarding in getting others in need the correct jobs for them. Indeed has great opps and "NO JUNK" jobs to deal with.

Cons

Nothing. IT WORKS! This is an amazing opportunity for those looking for jobs/careers near and far...and their are ample opportunities daily.

CC

Cc C.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

My Primary Choice in Job Boards

Excellent software which makes the task of recruiting much easier!

Pros

Indeed continues to improve the platform, which makes it easier to use. The price doesn't increase with each improvement either.

Cons

In order to get my jobs in front of seekers, I have to sponsor them and the sponsorship rates are pretty steep. Fortunately, I still get to set my rate to match my budget.

Cb

Chandan b.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

As a talent advisor

A new KYC strategy is being developed; it will aid in the identification of fraudulent candidates in terms of employment and skill. recent software upgrade to its complete version.

Pros

In terms of resources, their database is immense. We will be able to rapidly identify the candidate based on their competence thanks to the user interface they built.

Cons

It costs more than other tools because there aren't many rivals. Moreover, they provide poor customer service.The marketing staff will use false assurance to trick the customer.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Using Indeed for your job search

I have personally used Indeed when applying for jobs. It is very simple to use. I used the phone app as well as regular website and found both to be helpful and easy. When searching for jobs, I used Indeed daily and always found new jobs to apply for. I found two of my last jobs through Indeed so I am a very happy user!

Pros

Indeed is very user friendly and is an excellent tool when searching for a job. It is extremely easy to customize your search to include geographic location, commute time, salary, education, etc to make your search suit your current needs. Most mid-size to large employers utilize Indeed when searching for candidates. There is a large database of open positions. It also has apps for the phone which are user-friendly and make looking for a job as easy as possible. There is even a capability to apply with one click of a button once your resume is uploaded to Indeed. Looking for a job is sometimes a frustrating process, but Indeed makes it simple.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about Indeed.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Indeed for Nonprofits

Overall, Indeed is a crucial software to our organizations development. We use this regularly to recruit top-tier applicants, which is especially difficult in today's post-covid world.

Pros

We like that it is easy to post a job with all of the relevant details, and that we have a company profile that makes it easy for applicants to see what kind of organization we are. It is important that applicant's personal values are aligned with our own. This software is highly used by applicants of all backgrounds for all sorts of jobs, from maintenance technicians to director level positions. We are able to make benefits and salary information very clear as well.

Cons

Our least favorite aspect of this software is the price for posting per day. As a nonprofit, it is crucial for us to recruit top-tier applicants but the cost per day per posting can be a barrier.

TW

Telnisha W.

Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 employees

Best ever

Using Indeed will help you with making your resume for future jobs, the speed with using this software and the outcome that you will find a job is fairly high with this app.

Pros

I loved the fact that indeed stays up to date with all the jobs available hiring. There is always over a thousand different jobs ready for you to apply. It is super easy alot of them you just have to click the apply button and Indeed will do the rest for you. I have gotten several calls to set up an interview with from applying on Indeed! Indeed has a fantastic customer service as well that helps you along your search for a job. It also has help if you need it with your resume. Basically anything you need to help with getting a job Indeed is right there for you!

Cons

I cant say there is any cons of applying for a job using Indeed. I usually have doubt or at least one different con with everything, but with Indeed I cant say there's any cons as long as you actually want to find a job than Indeed is the software to use definitely!

Scott C.

Computer Networking, 501-1,000 employees

Indeed review for recruiters

I really liked it and related to other job portals, I feel it's really easy to use and lots of features

Pros

I really like the sorting feature, and you can mark candidates as not interested or interested, send them messages and chat, use resume database to search for candidates, and filters are one of the best

Cons

Sometimes when marking candidates, you have to refresh the page, or you will end up contacting the same candidates twice, that happened alot with me

JM

Jennifer M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Quality, commitment and concise

My experience has been absolutely amazing. I will stay with indeed from now on.

Pros

This software is the most complete and easy to use hiring and employment software available. It Absolutely has all of your needs covered whether for a need to find quality employees OR if you are in need of a quality job. Everything from resumes to a platform on which you can communicate with prospects.

Cons

There is nothing that I have found that is a con or negative. The site is easy to navigate and operate.

RR

Raja Rosidi R.

Farming, 11-50 employees

Best job Seeker and Employer Platform

It extends to a huge information base of employment opportunity postings from different sources, an easy to use interface, and extra elements to assist clients with remaining coordinated and informed all through the pursuit of employment process

Pros

Easy to use point of interaction and search usefulness, which permits clients to effectively look and channel work postings in view of different rules, for example, work title, area, organization, and pay range. This makes it more straightforward for work searchers to secure the positions that match their abilities and inclinations

Cons

site's calculation in some cases focuses on supported work postings over pertinent query items, which can make it more provoking for work searchers to secure the positions that match their abilities and preferencess

JP

Jamie P.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Much Dislike

When raising complaints to the so-called customer service representatives at Indeed, notably about the lack of actually qualified individuals, suggestions ranged from "add more detail and requirements to your listing" (reasonable), and "pay for more boosts" (less reasonable), to "I don't know what to tell you" (unreasonable). Suggestions made in turn to Indeed included providing a resume template for employment-seekers to complete if they did not have one of their own, and enforcing the requirements that their customers (i.e., me) put in listings. Suggestions were not followed.

Pros

It's pretty telling that the thing I enjoyed most about Indeed was no longer having to use it. I did not find the resumes received (which there were plenty) to be of the quality that one would expect when one is paying to use the product. Especially when those resumes were in clear defiance of the posted requirements for consideration. Resumes received were poorly-written (when they were written...

Cons

In the fairly recent past, Indeed advertised itself as a free-to-use recruitment tool that would connect businesses hoping to fill open positions with qualified applicants. As it turned out, their advertisements stretched the truth more than a little. The product is NOT free-to-use--with multiple requests to "boost" listings--and "qualified" was more than a misnomer, it was a bald-faced lie.

RB

Rilwan B.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Simply the best job search tool

We are always on the look out for talents in a full time, part time and internship role. Indeed makes it easier to do all these all on one platform without needing to involve agencies. The ease and functionalities the software provides makes hiring of talent seem so stress-free and rewarding.

Pros

The features the software offers are its biggest selling point. You can post a job listing, get applicants, respond to applicants, schedule interview and employ all within the app. The cherry is on the top is how much easier the process is and even when dealing with tens of applicants, it is not overwhelming. The introduction of the quick tests on the platform makes it easier to screen applicants, hence saving time.

Cons

The pricing is too high and this can be an issue for loads of small businesses. Everything else is good if the pricing is not an issue.