Indeed Logo

Mobile applicant tracking, recruiting & job board

Indeed Reviews - Page 7

7,349 reviews

JD

Joanne D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

If You are Hiring or Looking for a Job, Indeed is Your Only Option!

I have posted 4 different job openings on Indeed, within ours, I was able to hire an amazing employee. Indeed saves me a lot of time by vetting candidates for me and only presenting the most qualified ones. Plus, I absolutely LOVE the option of facetime/zoom time initial interviews.

Pros

Just a wonderfully easy platform to post job openings and look for positions you qualify for. I have never been disappointed with the investment I made to use Indeed. I am only forwarded the resumes that qualify for the position I posted, I am able to read the resume and decide if I would like to move forward with the interview process before I am having to pay anything out of pocket. Plus, the ability to look for openings near me, compare salary payouts, etc. is very helpful as well.

Cons

Would love the option for potential candidates to upload a photo of themselves (for security purposes), otherwise I really don't have any con to post. I love Indeed.

DG

Daniel G.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Indeed, they this helps us hire.

Users are very happy using this application. We use it almost exclusively for hiring.

Pros

Ease of use. Hiring Manager was able to setup account and post ads without assistance. Ad visibility and posting is great.

Cons

No cons at this point. We are very happy with how this application covers our needs at this time. Thank you.

MK

Madelon K.

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Everything You Need in One Place

Overall, Indeed has great features that are very useful. Aside from the small issue of your resume not downloading as an exact copy, it makes applying for jobs less stressful. The ability tests help to showcase your skills to catch the eye of a recruiter. Indeed is my absolute favorite way to find that perfect job! I definitely recommend trying Indeed out.

Pros

From help with writing your resume to their ability tests, this software has it all! I prefer to use the app version of this software because the layout is precise and easy to use on my mobile device. While job searching, you are able to search all hiring positions for all types of jobs, use keywords, or pick a specific line of work. My favorite feature is that Indeed offers ability tests. These tests are designed to check how proficient a candidate is in the job they are applying for. They are a wide variety of test categories to choose from and you are able to take any of them. After you take the test, you are able to add the results directly to your profile or you can choose to leave the results off if your score was not favorable.

Cons

The only issue I have with Indeed is when you download your resume, it does not download entirely the same. This makes it difficult when trying to use that resume to apply for other jobs not on Indeed.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Very helpful in finding your next career

I love Indeed! It has helped me search for employers, jobs, apply for jobs in an easy format, and get call backs for interviews.

Pros

When I found out about Indeed I was hesitant as I was accustomed to other job search sites. I quickly found that Indeed was extremely beneficial to my job search. I have gotten the most call backs, interviews, and job offers I have ever received since joining Indeed. I also like the quizzes you can take to display your scores in various areas and your level of expertise in those areas.

Cons

I did not like getting emails from employers for positions I was not interested in and did not display any interest in. Also, I get a lot of emails from someone named Brittany for job offers and I have no idea who or what this is for as it does not relate to anything I did.

Katie K.

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Indeed use Indeed

I have been offered multiple positions by applying for my specific positions I relate with. I have created an amazing resume and landed a amazing job opportunity by using indeed. I highly suggest for the searching employers and employees to use this software.

Pros

Indeed is am employment software that is used both for employers and potential employees. They have an app you can easily access job postings and create a professional in depth resume. The resume builder is very detailed as it gives you suggestions to improve and better your chances of getting a future employer. They have easily apply applications you can apply for postings with just your indeed resume which makes it quick and convenient for the ongoing process involved in applications . It is always accurate and up to date and gives you the right criteria to show your true professional and find employment.

Cons

Their are no specific cons of this software as it is easy to use and precise.

LP

Lori P.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Indeed- Helps us keep projects staffed!

Indeed has helped us to keep our projects staffed by qualified candidates. Once we open our post, we can quickly find qualified candidates and fill our open projects. Sometimes we have filled an open project from viewing application to having the agent work on there own, in only a week!

Pros

Indeed is a one stop shop in helping us find qualified candidates quickly. The website automatically weeds out candidates based on preset qualifications so that we do not need to spend more time than necessary on those we do not want to move foward with. Those that we would like to, the website allows us to easily contact.

Cons

The website runs a little clunky sometimes, so if you are trying to work you way through quickly, you may not be able to. Things don't load, you have to start a list over, or messages don't send right away. This can be frustrating if you are in a hurry. But the pros outweigh these issues for us.

DR

Daniel R.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Indeed profile

Saves me a ton of time. We are very busy at the retail level and don't have the time to go through all of the resume's. Indeed allows me to short circuit that procedure.

Pros

I liked the ease of use. The fact that it gave me relevant applicants. Saved me time going through all of the applications.

Cons

I haven't been able to find anything that I disliked about the program. It does everything that they say it does.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Awesome for Job Search

Pros

I love this app/website. I have used it for a couple years to look for jobs in whatever area I am in at the time. I believe my last four jobs have been from employers/jobs I have applied for through Indeed. And the fact that I can find job in many different fields and industries in amazing. Employers on Indeed actually reply to applications filled out within a few days and actually hire off this site. I actually got a call Today (Monday) for an employer I applied to on Saturday and had an interview right over the phone. Indeed also allows you to set up an account that saves your resume for employers to be able to view and invite you to apply for open positions they have.

Cons

I guess what I like the least about Indeed is that it is like a hit or miss on seeing your results to the assessments that employers request from you after you apply to see if you qualify for the job.

KB

Kelvin B.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

K. Baker Review for Indeed

Nice experience minus the sponsorship portion.

Pros

Resumes are constantly received and it makes recruiting easier.

Cons

The sponsorship portion needs to be removed. It should be an option you can choose after you post jobs. It tries to force you to accept the sponsorship.

OS

Omer S.

Printing, 51-200 employees

Very Helpful and Easy to use for job Search

Great as you receive job emails daily and let you stay informed.

Pros

It has a very user-friendly interface with simplified options and proper categorizations. Moreover, the website has a quick apply feature in it. You need to create your online resume once and then you can use it to apply for multiple jobs online. Another helpful feature is once you apply for a job then they will ask if you need to receive job postings related to similar jobs in the future. You can even reply to employers directly via emails.

Cons

Although some security measures and safety precautions this site is still full of many scam buyers. Some of them are even using fake company names and there is no proper check and balance to sort them out. I am a content writer I apply for relevant jobs on a daily basis and have come across many scams. They ask for sample writing saying that we will evaluate your content first before hiring you. Some of them will get the work and will never reply back and some of them will say that it's not according to their standards. Moreover, some buyers will redirect the links from indeed in a systematic way to let the job seekers visit their website to improve their SEO. According to my estimates, there are more than 60% job postings which are fake and not legit.

RM

Ross M.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

This is "Indeed" the best place to look for resumes

Overall - the fact that we've been using it for 5+ years now should speak for itself. We like to post jobs & search resumes. With this product you can do both!

Pros

The software is super easy to work with. The automation makes it easy to do things quickly. Everything is saved & can quickly be accessed.

Cons

If you use the product for Posting Resumes - Responding to people that applied AND also searching for resumes & saving them in a project......I seem to get "lost" often and can't get back to a different place easily. I also wish you could "refresh" your job without having to "REPOST" it again

GG

Gabrielle G.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Indeed Worthwhile

It's beneficial to have all this data about jobs in one spot -don't necessarily need to hop around to other sites.

Pros

When looking up jobs to apply for, it works well and the filters work well. Storing a resume is handy. When using it to look up a company to see what types of openings they have -super easy. I often will go to Indeed to see job descriptions and also get a handle on what certain positions pay. I like it that it is very user friendly and everyone knows its name, so easily referenced.

Cons

I sense that there is a certain amount of phishing/fraud type postings, and I can image that is hard to keep up with. But if people aren't dialed into that, then it could be harmful.

DS

Deloris S.

Internet, self-employed

Indeed is a Simple Job Application to Use

Pros

Indeed has a communication system where it allows clients to communicate with applicants. Applicants can easily respond back to clients with the communication system. It's easy to apply for jobs by entering keywords into the search box pertaining to the job you are looking for. Once a list of jobs appear, an applicant can easily apply with their resume. Indeed has a resume builder where you can enter your work information one time where you can use the same resume each time you apply for similar jobs. Applicants can also upload their resume and cover letter.

Cons

Indeed could delete job postings that are longer than 30 days. It confuses the applicant in knowing if the job is still available or not. A lot of the times when you apply the client doesn't respond or delete the ad.

Computer Software, self-employed

Indeed review

Overall experience: I had used this software countless times. This has allowed me to have paid internship opportunities, pre-hiring and thus job offers with fixed-term and indeterminate contracts in such a short time. All the offers I received by Indeed were close to me.

Pros

Benefits: Indeed is a job search and internship or compensation provider. It is currently available in more than 50 countries. Indeed is an example of a single-topic vertical search engine. It indexes job postings published on thousands of sites such as job advertisements websites, articles in newspapers, Linkedin or companies that recruit. This allows candidates with an easy and targeted search to find the best offers that suits their profiles and that are closest to their geographic areas. This is really great and fast in job search which is not always obvious.

Cons

Disadvantages: Like all recruitment sites, Indeed has disadvantages. As it is practical, but with the absence of document (attestation or diploma) the recruiter cannot verify the honesty of the candidate. So he could be wrong based just on the resume proposed by the candidate. In addition, recruiters receiving countless applications will find it difficult to correctly target candidates who deserve the qualification.

Furniture, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

The only recruiting site you need to bother with

Indeed is how we recruit. Period.

Pros

We've tried many other job sites. Most of them require you to pay something just to post a job and may require you to pay more to get decent exposure. Indeed is free to post a job on and you can still get tons of applications (good candidates too) without paying for it. In fact, I have had job postings on Indeed and other sites for the same job at the same time, and I will always get far more applications...

Cons

If you do decide to run a paid ad, it's easy to burn through dollars without accomplishing much. I think Indeed needs to work on their paid promotions part of the website. But 99% of the time we don't need to use it.

JJ

Jennifer J.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Dependable Indeed- Always a good tool to have

Overall, Indeed has always been a reliable tool and will continue for many years to come. I look forward to seeing the changes they might have in store in the future.

Pros

Indeed is a solid resume database that wont be going away anytime soon. I like that I can upload templates within my account and use them multiple times. I like that there is an open boolean and I am able to customize my searches. I also like that indeed automatically sends follow-up messages to potential candidates following the initial message. Being able to track my responses is super helpful as well.

Cons

There is a fair amount of room for improvement. The biggest issue I have found is the lack of "willing to relocate" feature. There is a massive untapped market of individuals that are difficult to find because this feature isn't available. Also, it can be a little tricky navigating from the resume section , employer and analytics sections. It can be a little difficult to find reports.

sh

samara h.

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

Indeed for Employer

Great job posting board, many great features. Will continue to use but it will not be our only job board anymore. Definitely one of my favorite and the UI is beautiful and easy to use. You can tell they continue to improve.

Pros

Indeed is constantly introducing new features to improve the user experience. It makes it easier to work as a recruiting team. It provides opportunities to find more candidates instead of just posting and praying. Love that Indeed provides a representative to our company.

Cons

Cost is going up, Competitive to get your job posting noticed.

AC

Angelika C.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Best Way to Hire

Pros

I Love Indeed! Indeed has been my primary tool in recruiting for my entire career. Indeed has the largest data base of resumes and the largest platform which attracts most valuable candidates. The Indeed platform is VERY easy to use and navigate. You can upload a job description/job posting within minutes and receive resumes right away. Everyone I know uses Indeed in their job search and probably the main reason why we receive so many resumes so quickly. The candidate pool on Indeed is very good and we always receive qualified candidates which shows what kinds of public they attract. Lastly Indeed also has the ability to generate emails for you with custom replies that save the recruiter time and still allow them to give each candidate a well deserved response.

Cons

I do not have anything that I dislike about the software. I have used it for over eight years and will continue to do so.

BG

Bel G.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Indeed For Employers

Amazing experience with Indeed. I told my boss I don't want to use anything other than Indeed for Employers. I was hired off of Indeed, our next inside sales team was hired from Indeed, and I am currently using Indeed to recruit and build our outside sales team. It's been nothing shy of pleasant!!

Pros

This software allows me to view the status of our hiring situation at either a high level, or in depth. I love the layout and how detailed Indeed For Employers is.

Cons

When rejecting a candidate, it'd be nice to have the option of "Nonresponsive" because unfortunately for some positions this is a very valid issue. Also one time when I was out of office Indeed sent out my vacation responder to all the active candidates. I'm not sure what happened or if I could've done something differently, but that was a little weird. I had a few candidates confused.

FK

Fortunate K.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Easiest Way to Get Quality Employees

Best for creating your ideal team in a short space of time. Great for employers looking to build a workforce.

Pros

You will have access to numerous candidates and screening questions through this easy-to-use platform, and anyone can use it. Indeed is the recruitment platform you need to meet your HR objectives, especially when choosing employees. In the event of critical vacancies, Indeed can help you increase productivity by maximizing the sourcing of qualified candidates. Its user-friendly interface makes it easy to use. It has helped me build my perfect team in a short space of time.

Cons

In my opinion, although there is a free job posting option. It would be more beneficial if there were a lower price. Maintaining your ranking spot when new job listings appear every second is expensive. However, I still think it's one of the best job posting platforms available today.

William S.

Consumer Services, 501-1,000 employees

Finding the best employees, INDEED

My overall experience has been wonderful I have found actually some of the best and prospective candidates for the positions himp my overall experience has been wonderful I have found actually some of the best and prospective candidates for the positions him who have stayed a very long time.

Pros

What I like most about using the software is the simplicity of it. It’s very easy to use even someone who is never really used this kind of software or is computer illiterate can use the software with ease.

Cons

I would say but I like least about the software is it sending multiple notifications or emails from prospective job searchers I would personally like it they just sent me once a day email or notification. But this is such a small thing to be concerned about.

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Great Product for New Hires

Love Indeed over any other hiring platform that is available!

Pros

I love that fact that we can post free and paid job ads. Being a non-profit means that we always have to work within a budget and Indeed allows us to hire quality people! Also, having the ability to use the assessments feature FREE of charge is amazing!

Cons

I love this software but we do tend to get the same applicants but that is something in our area not a software flaw!

KG

Kevin G.

Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 employees

A read on indeed

Overall, indeed has been a great tool in searching for employment. It tries to capture you and your experience in order to help you select a good match that you are qualified for and/or shows you what you need to qualify for a specific position within a company.

Pros

The ease of accessing the software. It has the ability to be used on my desktop or any of my mobile devices.

Cons

When using the search terms, a little confusion can come about some times with the results that are populated.

CH

Chris H.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Indeed Review

Positive. I really do not a different software. I just find myself using different emails to try to continue posting the ads that I need to post.

Pros

This software provides the most candidates for any job posting. I have tried multiple, and I constantly come back to this one.

Cons

I feel that the sponsored portion of indeed is a joke. I completely understand the need to make money. What I dont understand is why they will shut your email account down if you post the same ad to many times.

SS

Shelby S.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Immediate Results and Well Organized!

Very positive experience. I have had success multiple times on here and enjoy how easy this software is to use so much.

Pros

The recommendations are very helpful and cut down on time that would typically be used pouring over resumes to find relevant candidates. I also immensely love the method of notification, something I typically detest for other softwares. I even look forward to updates in my inbox from Indeed.

Cons

There is a lot of repetition with candidates and recommendations. I will pass over or hide a candidate or position, but they will show up on my feed later. This is probably done intentionally, but is very irritating when it occurs.