Inquisiq Reviews

Pros

I like the variety of features, I like the ease of use and intuitive design, and I am excited to see where we can take this site in our corporate learning environment.

April S.

JR

Joe R.

We have never had a problem with it or suffered any outages. It is simple to use, has a very intuitive interface and makes the LMS management portion of my job a simple and painless process.

Andy K.

4.6

Asentia is a feature-rich LMS with a great support team at a competitive price

One of our largest customers was looking to move from a large, established LMS that wasn't meeting their needs to one that more closely aligned with their needs and budget. From the initial phone call through the implementation process, the Asentia team was helpful, transparent and truthful about what the system did or did not due, and provided creative suggestions for some of our customer's unique business needs. The features that Asentia has rolled out over the last few years have been valuable additions that have saved our customers time and costs.

Pros

From implementation to on-going support, our customers rave about the LMS. After using several other LMS over the years, it was a great experience to finally work with one that delivers exactly what it says it does. The Asentia team continues to roll out new features and product improvements that save our customers significant time and further meet their needs. The migration from the previous LMS to Asentia was a smooth process and the Asentia team provided great support. One of the smoothest implementations I've seen. The ongoing service and support and the way Asentia incorporates customer feature requests into new builds is impressive.

Cons

Nothing. It's met our expectations and new features are continually being added.

A reliable LMS with great features built by a compassionate team

We love Inquisiq and we love ICS Learning Group!

Pros

Inquisiq has allowed us to implement our learning structure, and it has offered several different ways to do so. There seems to be many different ways to set up the system to meet our needs. The interface is user-friendly and very attractive. We especially like the mobile responsiveness in the latest version of the software! The support team is fast and helpful in addressing any questions or concerns that we have. When we ask for new features in the LMS, they actually listen to us and pass the requests up to management, and we have even seen some of the things we have asked for implemented in the software!

Cons

The LMS's ability to cater to so many different scenarios and companies can sometimes be a drawback. The many different implementation paths that we could take to execute our goals can be intimidating. However, the support team is always extremely receptive to getting on the phone with us to discuss our options and help us form an implementation plan that works for us. The team's subject matter experts' deep understanding of the system helps us to narrow down options to help us set up our system in a way that best fits our needs.

Inquisiq Software for Certificate Program

It's been up and down. Customer support used to be not extremely helpful with the support team and was seemed very pointed toward blaming the user. It seems to be improving with support that actually supports and helps fix the problem. Some of the required upgrades have had flaws that were released, like the password reset mentioned above, that should have been vetted more thoroughly before release.

Pros

I like that I can make any user a reporter over a very specific group of students and they can see the status of their particular group without asking for help.

Cons

I have lost student data in the past that was not backed up by ICS, and I could not back it up myself. A password reset that was mis-programmed wiped out half of many student profiles during approximately 6 months before we discovered it, following the software release in 2017. ICS knew about it and did not tell us, so we continued to lose data that could have been stopped by turning off the password reset. We lost addresses, phone numbers, graduate status, and history about these students.

Exceptional LMS that keeps getting better

Despite some limitations, I am very pleased with our decision to work with ICS and their Inquisiq product. I estimate that had we chosen one of the big three hosted LMS vendors; we would have spent an additional $15000 since March 2010. I am seeing constant improvements in the product and I am confident that which we consider shortcomings will be resolved in the near future. Since there is absolutely no risk with upfront costs and contract obligations, I recommend Inquisiq for small to medium sized LMS needs and possibly even for any large size LMS requirements.

Pros

Other hosted LMS services require many $1000's, a commitment, and lengthy consulting before you are up and running. On the other hand, can be set up by you in a matter of hours for very little cost and no commitment. The top pros are: - No risks!! No contracts! - Ease of setup and management - Full access to graphics web margins that do not compromise our corporate branding (the others forced...

Cons

- Reporting is fair (new reporting options are coming though). - Email notifications are extensive but still missing some specific requirements (i.e. notify learners of pending account expiry x days before expiry, no html notifications - plain text only) - Uploading SCORM lessons could be streamlined a bit more. e.g. Allow for direct SCORM course updating - Manuals and other Inquisiq related training is either out of date and/or poorly documented, however, most of the system is highly intuitive! Nice to have: - Discussion groups tied to lessons - Ability to change default customer facing icons - Admin blog area

Asentia is a pleasure to use. Easy implementation, intuitive, feature-rich, and cost-competitive.

Asentia provided easy implementation and data migration, a full range of features, and ease of use for administrators and learners. The Asentia team has been highly responsive and helpful during and after the implementation process.

Pros

Asentia is extremely easy to implement and can be highly customized. Asentia has a robust feature sets that offer a very high degree of flexibility in how courses can be created, delivered, and tracked. The service and responsiveness during and after the implementation process has been first rate. The Asentia staff are responsive, customer-focused, and offer solutions and best practices whenever needed....

Cons

A few times we thought of features that would be "nice to have" based on specific use cases. Most of these features have been released in updates over the past year while others are on the development road map.

Great LMS.

It's been a great relationship so far. The system works well, and their support is great. They are very patient, putting up with me ranting until I realized it was my fault all along.

Pros

It's pretty easy to use, stable, and configurable enough to make it look like an in-house system. We use the SaaS model, and the pricing is pretty decent. Initial setup was pretty easy, and upgrades have been mostly painless.

Cons

The API was a little weak. We needed it to pass activity data to our back end systems, and only discovered, after cut-over, that all it really could do was manipulate user profile data. They told us that what we needed we could do with a report subscription, which would have been cludgy. During the delay dealing with this, we lost the window of opportunity. It really wasn't a show stopper, since we didn't have integration on the previous LMS.

Exceptional system with excellent value

Great investment and exceptional value. You won't be sorry and you don't need a big but not "user friendly" system like SumTotal - why spend that kind of money and it doesn't work as nicely? Try it, you'll love it! Some companies will try and sell you on those big systems and several weeks deployment - that's crazy! You can deploy this with 1-2 employees for 10,000+ users in 2 weeks.

Pros

The system is extremely stable, easy to use and easy to upload SCORM files. It does not take an ARMY to manage the system. You can manage the system with 1-2 empoyees for 10,000+ employees. 99.99% up time! Instant Email Notification for System Events Easy to use - some of our users are first-time computer users and they find their way the first time! User friendly for administrators too. Reporting is Robust - pull a report on any field or event in the system. Very easy to use. Developers Listen and Incorporate Enhancements Developers always pick up their phone! Everyone there knows what they are talking about and understands the system for the most part.

Cons

Updates are not scheduled regularly or well documented. The only trackable online lessons are SCORM - unable to load and track PowerPoint (although there is the ablity to track classroom training and upload materials). Unable to use the system to convert PowerPoint to SCORM. System user guide needs additional documenting - the guide does not provide extensive details on how to use the system. It is basic but could be much better. We learned the system via testing, trial and error.

Great System, Great Support, Great Staff

In addition to the reasons listed above, we see an even greater value in the support we receive from the ICS team on a minutes notice. The team is responsive and willing to help our team work through alternatives for our LMS applications. We are so pleased with our service and the abilities the ICS Learning Group offers that we wouldnt consider going to another LMS provider especially since we see them as honest and dependable business partners. The team treats you more like a business partner than a customer.

Pros

The LMS is intuitive and not complicated. The system is consistently up which allows us and our customers to access courses and obtain tracking data easily. I love being able to login online to the Support Center and request assistance electronically. The ability to track training information and have access online is invaluable to our business and education customers. For over a year we reviewed...

Cons

Tends to be somewhat more complex regarding the reporting features than the EX version. However, the features far outweigh this complexity.

Asentia review

Asentia has allowed us to consolidate all our training. We have all our eLearning courses, videos, job aids, and assessments all in one place. Based on job tiles and location we can setup training automatically for each user. No more manually identifying courses that each user needs to complete. My Managers love it as they can track their employees training.

Pros

This is a great tool to organize and track all your training. It is great for automatic re-occurring training, and specific user training.

Cons

When we first implemented Asentia there was no content library. They have since added Open Sesame which is awesome for outside content.

Simple to get up and running, flexible and nice user interface

Great, simple, product and wonderful support team who cannot do enough to help when we log support tickets (rarely).

Pros

We looked at several L&D systems but Asentia seemed to offer everything we needed for our users with a nice and clean user interface. As an administrator I have full flexibility to upload courses, create custom reports, manage users, create alert templates and learning paths and have never needed any training help with this.

Cons

We are a UK client and some of the configuration is only in US format (dates for example in reports and dashboards).

Solving Customer Training Issues

We investigated 13 other LMS vendors before choosing InquisiqR3 - I have ZERO regrets about our decision. This is a superior product, providing a great compromise of features and usability. A long list of features that you won't actually use will not help you to achieve the objectives of your programs. A system your team can use and will like working with is key to success in my experience. This product recieves my highest personal recommendation.

Pros

eHealthSolutions has been quite pleased with our licensing of InquisiqR3. We needed to train several thousand customers in a very short period of time in order to support the federally mandated MDS 3.0 changes to our product. All users needed to be trained, assessed, and reported within a two week period before 10/1/2010. We accomplished this goal with relative ease hosting our training through InquisqR3. I...

Cons

It would be super to have threaded discussion groups attached to courses - but there are ways to get around that.

Big fan of Inquisiq!

Pros

I love the simplicity of Inquisiq, it is without a doubt one of my favorite LMS platforms. The user interface is intuitive and easy for new users to understand, so I never had to train them on how to use it. Inquisiq has all of the main features of all standard LMSs without the extra headaches or over-complications. Definitely check it out if you're looking for an easy-to-set-up LMS with great support. Another perk is that the cost was very reasonable compared to other LMSs on the market, which is fantastic. Highly recommended!

Cons

No complaints, the Inquisiq team always went above and beyond to help me out. They are patient and always provided rock solid support.

The tricky trifecta of rock-solid software development, knowledgeable/fast service, and great prices

If you're looking for a well-priced, easy-to-implement, powerful LMS with built in e-commerce support... look no further, I won't ever again.

Pros

My company has been utilizing the SaaS implementation of InquisiqR3 and I can honestly say that it is the closest thing I've seen to a perfect LMS. The UI makes jumping in head first a breeze on both the back end and front end, it is feature rich without being bloated, it has an API for us developers, the actual software seems to have been thoroughly bug-tested, the customer service is unlike anything I've seen with any company period, not just LMS companies, and the pricing structure is great. They even offer a one-time license fee that breaks outside the pay-per-user/SaaS model that is very affordable for such a great LMS...could probably keep going, but these are the highlights.

Cons

The only cons I could point to would be the maximum file upload size was only 200mb when we first purchased and this cause a few issues. However, given the great customer service, ICS was all over helping get through these issues and even modified the software based upon our needs. More documentation on the reporting would also be helpful, but I hear they're all over this as well.

Great Product

Provided a cost effective way to provide easy access to training topics for staff and customers. Great customer support.

Pros

Very user friendly and flexible. Not over designed. Keeps thing simple and very affordable. Great value

Cons

Administration rights assignment is restrictive

EdgePoint for Asentia

This is the third LMS I have to deal with in my career and it does seem the easiest to use. Other two were proprietary, poorly programmed disasters.

Pros

the layout, icons, visually organized well, easy to navigate

Cons

help site needs more content but i suspect that will happen over time

EX user upgraded to R3 - Great interface and easy on end-users

The product is well designed and reliable. With the new features of R3 have come some challenges on the administrator side--could be the learning curve for us--but overall we are very satisfied with the R3 LMS product and with ICS Learning as a business partner.

Pros

Love the interface--simple and nice loooking. Ease of use is excellent for end users (five stars), but for administrators, R3 seems more complicated than previous version - Inquisiq EX (which is why we rated 4 stars). When we upgraded from EX to R3 and the upgrade implementation was very easy. Once we understood how the reporting works, we liked the flexibility of it. Customer support is helpful and responsive but we would like more explicit documentation.

Cons

Two challenges from the administrators perspective is uploading batch users (specifically, the process for creating the upload file can be hard to get right). Uploading web-based self-study courses takes more steps than we would like. As mentioned above, we would like more explicit and detailed documentation support, especially for system administrators.

We are approaching our year anniversary and overall, we're very happy with the product for the price

Pros

Asentia worked closely with us to set up our system to meet our specialized needs. We can customize features throughout the system and they are helping us plan for future needs.

Cons

We have had some technical issues that we were unable to solve on our side, but the Asentia team is always quick to respond and look into the matter.

A good investment for us

Using the local-installed version has allowed us to meet Ministry requirements for content hosted within the province and at an economical cost. The Support is always timely and helpful.

Pros

Easy to setup and use. Many robust features out of the box. The API is easy to use and integrates nicely with our CMS.

Cons

I'm not a content developer, but I think it would be useful to have some collaboration tools built-in for users/instructors.

Flexible and Affordable E-Learning

This software has helped me take our construction company into the present. It has provided us a great way to deploy required training and track live training. I would strongly recommend this option for anyone who is looking for an affordable and flexible way to deploy training.

Pros

Flexibility in tracking and reporting. Ease of use for employees.

Cons

Some of the features are unusable for our company because of how they structured such as the leaderboard.

Inquisiq R4 - top-flight product and people

Several years ago, I relied on Inquisiq's LMS platform as the foundation for delivering blended learning, self-directed learning, and instructor-led training. I switched to Inquisiq from another platform and never looked back. The product and the people behind it are first-rate. The cost-benefit equation for Inquisiq is extremely good.

Pros

A complete, high-performance LMS including SCORM support. Deep support by software engineers and sales folks who believe in the Agile philosophy of delighting the customer.

Cons

Easy to use, easy to set up, cost-effective, & scalable.

We were looking for a cost-effective, scalable LMS to upload thousands of users from over 100 locations with various levels of a matrix organizational structure. Inquisiq was that solution. PROS: Easy to set up and use from an admin perspective if you have basic knowledge of LMSs and SCORM packages. User uploads are simple. Reporting is decent once you get the hang of it. Customer support is...

Outstanding Tool, Outstanding Customer Support

After several years working with ICS Learning and now several months on the R3 flatform, I can't imagine that we would ever consider using another product or support vendor for our LMS needs. With over 5,000 users - reliability and robust funtionailty is imperative - so before switching to R3 visited the ICS Learning Group personally to meet the team - the trust factor only went up. Oustanding tool - Outstanding company.

Pros

The intuitve design of the administrative back end is what has truly won me over to the R3 verision of Inquisic. Coupled with the fantastic support offered by the people at ICS Learning Group - our company LMS needs are one of the few things that we simply don't worry about.

Cons

No appreciative cons to the product, particularly when compared with other available systems.

Just what we were looking for in an LMS

Pros

We like the product because it feels like a true "system" (as in "Learning Management System") to us. Other products we looked at felt more like "controlled access to a website" or "content dissemination systems" to us.

Cons

We're using the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering, so it's a subscription model. The pricing seems very reasonable to us, though the tiered approach (as opposed to a per-user approach) to pricing means at certain points there's a high price for adding "just one more user." Going from 250 to 251 users in the system, for example, bumps the monthly price by 60%.

Wonderful LMS, great value...

I highly recommend Inquisiq. Get a demo and discuss your needs with their team. I hope you're as pleased as I am!

Pros

Inquisiq is an excellent LMS, and it also happens to be super-reasonable when it comes to price. I always receive fantastic customer support from ICS, and I've become a raving fan based on my experience. Give them a shot - you won't be disappointed.

Cons

One of the cons may also be a pro: Inquisiq is a fairly simple LMS. There aren't any unnecessary features or functionality that many LMS companies try to jam into their product. Inquisiq manages training well, and it doesn't try to impersonate any other HR systems.

Excellent LMS

Pros

The product is really user friendly, has a ton of adaptability and customer service has been great!

Cons

Sometimes have to dig for help answers.