Inspire Reviews

4.75/5 (4 reviews)

Raylene Wall

Getting to the Heart of What Matters - Inspire Software

Reviewed 2019-10-09

It truly helps me get to the heart of what matters in my personal and professional life. I think that identifying WHAT is most important to me has been instrumental in helping me to prioritize my approach to my family, my work, and my personal/professional goals. As someone who is a weekly and daily planner who also appreciates the ability to capture my values, my roles and Key Responsibility Areas (KRAs), as well as the ability to document my personal mission statement, I find this software very helpful. I also use it to create and track my personal goals as well as my team goals, too. I can align my goals to the Corporate Objectives so that I (and my team) help the company achieve what's most important as well. It allows for personalization with the ability to add pictures and quotes that inspire me so that I can better identify with my values, roles, goals, and mission statement. The application provides extensive help and a myriad of functions related to not only individual values, planning, and goal tracking, it also has great performance management functions for managing, coaching, and helping your team achieve their best, too. Overall, my experience with Inspire has been very positive and when I have had to ask for help or provide feedback on the product, the customer support personnel have been responsive and professional, too.

Pros
It helps the user identify what is most important to them in their lives by providing a way to capture your values, identifying your roles (as a parent, partner, supervisor, sister, etc.) as well as your personal mission statement, it helped me get to the heart of what matters to me. In addition, I can enter any goals I'm working on, identify the key steps needed to achieve my goal, and it provides a way to track my progress against those goals. I can create and schedule tasks against my values, my goals, and my roles and those tasks can be slotted into a calendar within the application. It also has great team management and coaching tools, leadership tools, and goal-collaboration tools as well.

Cons
While the basics of the software are easy to understand and to use, there's a bit of a learning curve to truly get all of the benefits of the software. There is built-in help, but some of it is experiential and learning how to use and apply all the great functions available to the User can take a bit of time, but once you understand how everything ties together it makes a lot of sense.

Response from Inspire Software

Thank you for your review and comments. Our November release will aid in the simplification for the UX, and in addition to that we are providing helpful overview videos to quickly understand how to use the different product features.

Carol Apple

Inspire helps me track multiple goals over time

Reviewed 2019-10-10

I have been using Inspire for several years and have accumulated quite a list of goals that I was able to mark "Achieved." I like the satisfaction of that and I also like the fact that I have created a neat record of things I have set out to do and completed. I think this is a hidden benefit of Inspire. People don't keep journals or write letters as in the past, so a tool that helps you record the activities and achievements a lighting-paced life really helps fill that gap.

Pros
I love that I can create both professional and personal goals and track progress over any period of time I choose. Some goals can be completed in a week - like writing an article for a website. Others are projects that might take years - like renovating a house. I can track both. The long-term goal tracking is valuable to me because, over time, my enthusiasm waxes and wanes and sometimes a reminder can ignite that initial enthusiasm. Inspire has multiple reminder approaches build in that can … well... inspire you. You can even add images and music to your goals! Inspire also lets you break complex long-term goals into smaller tasks, each with its own calendar schedule. For me, this is the most difficult part of reaching a long-term ambitious goal, so it's where a tool is extremely valuable. Inspire also has a beautiful modern look and feel.

Cons
Inspire has so many features that it can feel a little overwhelming at first. You can use it on multiple levels so getting started with creating and tracking goals is not difficult. The "walk me through" feature does help with the complexity.

Response from Inspire Software

thank you for the review Carol! Glad you are seeing value in the platform and I think you will see significant changes in November when we release our new UX which makes it more configurable at the user level, to eliminate the feeling of overwhelming.

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Thomas Nawrocki

Very Helpful for Tracking Goal Progress

Reviewed 2019-10-14

Inspire has been a key to real-world implementation of extensive leadership training we've received in our company. The training sessions have been useful and motivating, but it can often be difficult to translate them into practical everyday habits. I feel that Inspire has provided a concrete way to do that and you can see the language of leadership philosophies incorporated into the application. It provides a vital link to goal planning and execution on a regular basis, for both myself and my team members.

Pros
Inspire provides a way to track my goal progress as well that of my team. It encourages good habits like weekly / daily planning and regular one-on-one meetings with my direct reports to support them in their goals. It also helps you write solid goals to begin with. It is quite feature rich, although I admittedly only use a portion of all the capabilities that are offered. For my regular cadence of planning and meetings with my team, it works well.

Cons
There have been times when I wasn't quite sure how to use a certain feature or where to find something. However, I've seen the application evolve over time and I think the usability seems to be getting better and better. Sometimes, it seems like there is a lot in there for power users, which I'm sure is great for those who want to take advantage of that, but I think it's good to keep things simple for the regular users as well.

Michael Graves

Good OKR Tracking and Alignment

Reviewed 2019-10-09

Pros
It allows, me as a supervisor, to track team engagement with our OKRs.

Cons
Cannot access system from government computers.