InTime Logo

InTime

Scheduling & workforce management for public safety agencies

InTime Reviews

User ratings

4.8

• Likelihood to recommend9.03/10

See full reviews by rating

Our overall experience with InTime has been positive. Our Implementation Specialist was very knowledgeable and the help desk are always very responsive.
Sometimes I get confused about the "layers" and amount of data that can be added.

JB

John B.

Public Safety, 51-200 employees

InTime Solutions

As I said previously, this software does so much more than we were looking for that each feature was like a bonus to us. We can keep track of sick time and identify sick time abuse or patterns more easily. It allows us to track how many overtime hours have been dedicated to a particular case. The software also has some features that we would hope to be able to use in the future, where officers can bid on a specific job posting.

Pros

When we purchased this software it was intended to be used for the fair distribution of overtime. What we found out, was it did so much more. It is the only software we need to keep track of all schedules, leave requests, overtime, time banks, and even certifications. The software is very adaptable.

Cons

Originally it did not have all the unique features that we needed for our overtime distribution agreement with the unions. InTime was able to work with us over time and incorporated these features into the program.

NR

Nancy R.

Law Enforcement, 51-200 employees

Best scheduling solution for Law Enforcement!!

We have had numerous problems with our old scheduling system (Executime) which ended up causing unknown shortages on shifts, resulting in overtime. We used Speedshift many years ago which is what led us back to InTime. I have not heard one negative thing about the scheduling program from our sworn nor civilian staff, which is almost a miracle in and of itself. The support staff has been extremely helpful and responds to requests very quickly.

Pros

The ease of use and layout. You can see all of your personnel on one schedule which is essential for shift coverage and maintaining adequate manpower.

Cons

That a successful integration with HTE has not been completed yet. This is making it difficult to convince the finance department to transition to InTime for our payroll solution.

MW

Mark W.

InTime review

Overall, great experience!

Pros

Easy to track staffing and assignments along with overtime, events, etc.

Cons

Inventorying, searching for employees and assignments without going front tab to tab.

AM

Aaron M.

Intime for Law Enforcement

Overall the software has allowed us to move from a hybrid paper/digital system that was very time-consuming. The training, sales and support staff at Intime was very helpful in deploying the system. We continue to find new opportunities to take advantage of the features.

Pros

This software is purpose-built for Law Enforcement and public safety. It covers shift periods that extend over 24 hour periods.

Cons

Supervisor functionality is not yet available on the mobile app.

MS

Marc S.

Law Enforcement, 201-500 employees

Intime review

The customer support team is excellent. If there is a problem they get back to you quickly and they fix the issue.

Pros

Ability to customize any schedule. The ability for staff to see their schedules.

Cons

Setting the system up took a lot of time and energy. Once the set-up was complete it works great.

AS

Allison S.

Law Enforcement, 11-50 employees

InTime Revies

My experience has been great. I have gained so much knowledge and now I am the "go-to" person for InTime questions. I still have so much more to learn and I am excited to do so. I enjoy using the software and teaching others

Pros

I am just learning the timesheet function and I hope to implement that fully by the end of the year. We have several timekeeping rules and I want to make sure I have a good understanding of how to implement them into the system. My favorite feature (so far) is generating (almost in an instant) invoices for off-duty details. My predecessor was doing this in a word document and using InTime is so much better, cleaner, more professional, and easy. The customer service is amazing. Any time I have needed help or had a question, I have always had someone to reach out to.

JS

Jean S.

InTime Rocks!

Great product with a very responsive support team.

Pros

Once you learn how to use this, you will wonder where it has been all your life. The ability to have the most current schedule changes, overtime reports, time bank balances that are always current is invaluable.

Cons

Some reports cannot do multiple filters so you need to create multiple reports.

SE

Stephanie E.

Easy with Great Functions

I can quickly see not only what my own schedule is and what I have as far as benefit time goes. But as someone who deals with our accreditation and training, being able to see peoples schedules in detail is very helpful.

Pros

Software is easy to understand when you are looking at it, you can quickly notice when someone is off duty or sick or something similar. It is super easy to filter if you are looking for example, who was on overtime on a specific day the user can quickly narrow down users who were on overtime on that date.

Cons

I think anything I would say negative about the software is mostly related to how our agency is or is not using the software. I do wish that when you logged in to the schedule it would go to todays date. It seems like it opens to the last date you had been looking at. Which some may like but if I have closed it I am done with the project that took me to another day.

LP

LESLI P.

Livermore Police Review

Pros

The scheduling program itself is great! I love that you can customize it to fit your agency needs. The employee web portal is phenomenal! Having the ability for employees to access through their cellphone or home computer is so beneficial. Support staff is great. I appreciate their quick response and easy to follow advice for troubleshooting problems.

Cons

Payroll side of things is more complex and difficult. Trying to train everyone on how to manage their schedule so their timesheet is accurate has been difficult. The Daily Roster is temperamental and is limited on how you can customize it. We are trying to determine the best way to show FLSA so we can utilize InTime for payroll.

RL

Rob L.

Law Enforcement, 201-500 employees

Management assistant

Awesome

Pros

Calculating vacation and other accruals is automated. Makes this process easy as possible—no math/no mistakes. Overtime module is critical and saves a tremendous time; set it and forget it! Enables Supervisors to do what they were intended to do-supervise!

Cons

Not much other than an app for the supervisor end.

MB

Mike B.

InTime on Ontime...

Our experience with InTime has been nothing but positive. From the initial start up, the folks at InTime has been there for every issue, problem or enhancement request. They have always been quick in getting back to us and making sure that the incident is solved. The yearly InTime Conference is one of the best software conferences that I have attended. The classes are very informative and allow for customer interaction to make sure we understand the product completely.

Pros

The InTime software has so many great features that make your daily routine so much easier. From the scheduling format that allows quick scheduling additions or movements to the advantages of making posts to fill your needed shifts. Add in the Asset and Training modules and that gives you a bigger bucket for all your data needs. The customer service provided is always there to assist your issues and provide great answers.

Cons

I find nothing that we do not like about the software.

PK

Patricia K.

Government Administration, 11-50 employees

InTime Rocks

Scheduling!!! The 24/7 schedule for a police department is tedious, but InTime has solved that problem for us. Also, switching officers to new shifts is now a breeze.

Pros

It is customer friendly. I like the fact that although it is not a "custom" design for our department, InTime has done a great job of tailoring things to make it seem like it was a custom design. I like the app and the way we can post off-duty jobs to have officers put in for the jobs through the app.

Cons

There are times when it seems cumbersome and we have to take too many steps to make sure everything is set. Also, our chief wants the daily roster to show many different things and I often have trouble getting the notes to show up on the roster.

MS

Mike S.

ISE Review

Overall, they are a good company to work with and I will continue to work with them as long as possible.

Pros

I liked the ease of access for myself and employees. The application for the employees to use their phones for leave and sign-ups is efficient and quick. The customer support is outstanding, they look at the problem quickly and find a solution. They also, took their time to explain what the issue was and walked me through the problem. Most of my problems were user error.

Cons

The setup was a little timely, mostly with me trying to learn the software and build a schedule at the same time.

KD

Kieran D.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Review of InTime Scheduling Program

InTime is the most complex scheduling program I have ever used. It takes a great deal of time getting the hang of using it but once you have it its the most amazing program. I have a 106 vehicles I manage with over 200+ employees to schedule into those units. This program allows me to see the available vehicles and where they are located which then allows me easy access to apply the people into the proper vehicle.

Pros

It gathers all my vehicles and people together in one program, allowing me to see at a glance if I have any units that are not being used at any given time.

Cons

Sometimes the software is a bit glitchy. It hangs up every now and then.

RC

Robert C.

Public Safety, 51-200 employees

InTime Review

Our agency started using InTime to schedule subpoenas more efficiently. Since that time our overtime costs for subpoenas have been reduced by 50%.

Pros

We have been using the software since 2007 and have been very happy with it. The product is continuously evolving in response to customer needs. Customer support is great!

Cons

The software has so many functions that it can be a little daunting for those that do not use the program regularly.

PB

Patrick B.

Public Safety, 11-50 employees

Adaptive and Beneficial

Pros

We have been able to adapt the software to our needs and accommodate our tricking scheduling and employee contact requirements.

Cons

Being that we have had to adapt the software to our needs and do not have full integration, Customer Service has not been fully open in assisting us in our plan and efforts. I have been met with a strong push for significant change that is not going to happen on side.

TT

Tracey T.

InTime Works!

Fantastic!

Pros

The overall system is amazing if setup and implemented correctly. We had some learnng curves and growing pains, but it has proven to be a valuable software to manage our schedules and payroll.

Cons

The initial setup process was very cumbersome.

KR

Kristie R.

Time saver!

Pros

The adaptability of this software is incredible!

Cons

Our agency does not utilize the software to its fullest capability, but I am hoping to change that.

SE

Stephanie E.

a little antiquated

Pros

I really like all of the ways it can be used, such as doing shift bidding.

Cons

It may seem piddly but I feel as if the graphics are old looking and not fresh. We have under 100 employees and it looks like it is crunched together making it hard to read at times.

JF

Jessica F.

InTime Review

Pros

The program is easy to use for those who have learned it. Training others to use it is not the easiest as the system can not be user friendly at times. Having the live app with notifications is great to a 24/7 agency.

Cons

While there are several ways to perform one task, not every task has the same outcome. Some activities submitted don’t appear on the employees time report for an unexplainable reason.

MA

Marcos A.

Law Enforcement, 501-1,000 employees

InTime is an excellent and necessary tool

Overall InTime had been an amazing tool for personnel management and extra duty assignments.

Pros

Ease of use as it applies to staffing and overtime posting.

Cons

I feel that this software can be used for far more than our department currently utilizes.

TG

Tami G.

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Best Scheduling/Payroll Program

Phenomenal!

Pros

Accountability is number one! Customer Service and reports are awesome!

Cons

Wish building the program was in person rather than online. Would like more report options.

KT

Ken T.

Law Enforcement, 11-50 employees

Efficient a d Productive

Outstanding customer service!

Pros

Most practical scheduling solution we've used

Cons

We were using multiple excel sheets for all the utility we now house under one InTime umbrella. We have no "least"

SH

Sonia H.

Your time with InTime

Overall, InTime is a vital part of our payroll

Pros

The fact that you can pull multiple reports depending on what information you are requesting

Cons

How slow it refreshes when you make changes

RC

Ryan C.

Love This Product

Great software system

Pros

Ability to track reports and overtime. Great reporting

Cons

Subpoena management . Inbound subpoenas continue to affect our filters