Jolt Logo

The Complete Digital Food Safety & Restaurant Ops Platform

visit website

Jolt Reviews - Page 2

Streamlined Management Processes

Cost savings on labels. Time saving on tasks. Team is more motivated. Training is easier with a streamlined process. Food safety is easier to implement with simple labeling process.

Pros

Jolt takes your everyday tasks and lets you create checklists that managers and team members can complete while at work. Team can earn points for each task completed, helping to create motivation. Jolt food date labels are extremely cost effective (we saved on labels alone after switching from another labeling company). The wireless printer is awesome! Print from any connected iPad in the store. We were able to get rid of all the different binders and papers we had and just go with a single iPad in the managers' station.

Cons

I would like to see better development on scoring. I would like to be able to view score in a category (such as cleanliness) and compare this week to the week before or last month to current month. Scoring is a huge opportunity that needs more development! Also, there's no way to "clear" a checklist without checking it off (sometimes leads to someone just checking everything off to clear the list). Once a list is no longer applicable, it would be better to just clear it rather than having to check every item.

The Safety and Productivity Solution!

The experience has been great through and through! It's been a huge time saver. It's saved us time, and time equals money, in various areas of our business. You can download the names of your staff who in which are on your schedule, and it helps in keeping you and your team accountable.

Pros

My most favorite feature of Jolt would be its assistance in helping the team meet food safety. This feature eliminates any handwritten and/or guessing shelf life for products, as the corporate guidelines for holding procedures are already downloaded on the application.

Cons

Depending on how tech and app savvy your managerial team is, customization is based on what works for your particular team. Therefore customization is up to us and could be pretty sloppy, which ends up being productivity lost searching for a particular label.

JOLT- A fantastic piece of software

We engaged Jolt to eliminate our daily paper checklists in our franchise business. We had looked at a number of solutions and decided to give Jolt a trial. The software is extremely easy to use from the back end, user friendly on the front end and bug free. We do no have any issues with glitches and it synchronises within seconds with new updates. This means we can update the whole group...

Pros

It works

Cons

Login could be a touch faster as you need to find your name.

Jolt your business

I have been using Jolt for around 3 years. I have also encouraged many other to use the product in operating their Quick Service restaurants as I feel it is an amazing operational tool. Prior to using Jolt I was creating my own intranet to manage tasks, projects, employee details, etc. Jolt could fulfill all of these requirements and ran on IOS making hardware implementation simple. I have seen the feature set grow over the years and am confident the product will continue to evolve.

Pros

IOS (although would be nice to have it run on Android too,) great at tasks / list management.

Cons

Bad UX design both on client and web / back end. Communications (announcements) requires time clock use (i have submitted this several times). Cannot assign tasks to security groups (only allows individuals), reporting on client is rough. A bit better on backend, but still challenging,.

A must-have for a service based industry

We have opening procedure lists, closing lists, cleaning lists, new hire training lists, and even incident forms which automatically send to my insurance agent when they're filled out. This product is vital to any small business.

Pros

Accountability! Ask your employee, "hey did you clean the bathroom like I asked?" they'll say yes every time. Give them a Jolt list asking them to take a photo of a clean bathroom and sign off that they completed it and you'll be amazed at the results. I apply points to each check list item and give out prizes to the top point earners each month. Now my employees are accountable for their actions and rewarded for a job well done. Bonus: New hires have a thorough guideline of how to complete regular talks by walking through a check list.

Cons

The ability to bulk-change lists could be more user friendly. Right now the process can be quite tedious if you're like me and have long lists that need editing.

Pretty good for the cost.

Overall, I am happy with the experience. There are some options that I would like to have added, but it is saving me some time.

Pros

The cost and the function that allows team members to edit their own punches. Huge time saver for me.

Cons

I would like to see integration of Paid Time Off / Vacation hours. We have a set schedule in our clinic, so the scheduling function is a little cumbersome. I understand this approach for restaurants or other types of businesses, but the ability to track / enter Paid time off would be very helpful. I also would like the report option to be different. I would like a report that gave daily, weekly and pay period totals per employee. I have to manually adjust the excel sheet to figure overtime hours.

A Step Above the Rest

To start off, Jolt has become a major part of our daily operations since we decided to partner with them. From the extensive amount of checklists, to the sheer number of daily users, Jolt has been able to deliver a user friendly and efficient experience to our staff. Support from the Jolt team is amazing, as they help guide you through your initial training and ongoing training as you continue to...

Pros

The user interface is very user friendly. We are able to adapt almost any tool from Jolt and find a way to apply it into our current procedures. They staff has become more efficient at their duties, and we know that the feedback provided is secure and accurate.

Cons

Nothing!

Super useful with room to grow

We are a family fun center, so we have a large variety of tasks for employees to accomplish. Jolt helps make these tasks clear to employees and helps us managers follow up if tasks aren't completed well. The software has a ton of potential, but you can tell the company is still figuring out how to keep the apps running properly across different platforms. There are also some strangely missing features that you might think should be obvious in this kind of program.

Pros

I love being able to create custom lists to fit all kinds of purposes. Having employees log in and earn points is cool too. It's nice to look back and see who did what.

Cons

The app can get extremely slow. There are extra features in their Jolt 2 app, but it is a buggy mess that crashes to the point of not being usable. There isn't a good way to leave comments on items without flagging the item as something that needs to be addressed and cleared.

Jolt Employee Task Management Review

Jolt has solved problems with productivity and food safety. It is simple to label products and improve our stores efficiency with daily checklists that the team has to complete.

Pros

Jolt's label maker feature has changed the culture of our restaurant from a time consuming and not done all the time task of labeling products, to having a quick and efficient way to track our products and who is preparing them. Another benefit is customizable checklists that ensures you don't have to micromanage the business and allows you to put more in your teams hands.

Cons

The scheduling concept is good but difficult to integrate into our current payroll and clock-in system.

Jolt Review

The support staff has been beyond amazing in supporting our company's first few months on Jolt. She is extremely helpful and doesn't mind walking us through various process multiple times. Jolt is great because of how much it offers, and how many functions you can use it for. However, although she has gone through and helped us out immensely and spent a lot of time getting us started, this system is not easy to use right away. Most functions have so many steps and options that it becomes confusing and overwhelming. I would like Jolt more if it was more user friendly. Overall the product is great, I would like it more if it didn't take so long to figure out and didn't have so many complex options.

Pros

It is a one stop shop for many business needs. Jolt offers so many different functions that make streamlining everything easy.

Cons

This software is more complex and difficult to navigate than any software we have ever used. I don't care for how the scheduling is set up. For example, if we want to change one person's shift, you must first unlock the schedule, change the persons shift, and then publish the schedule again, which notifies every single employee every single time someone else's schedule gets changed. On when to work, all you have to do is click on that person's shift, change it, and once you hit save only they receive the notification.

My experience with Jolt has been amazing. The team made the setup of our 3 locations a breeze.

Pros

The support you get from the Jolt Team is great. They are quick to respond to any questions or concerns. Scheduling now takes us half the time it did before. We manage multiple stores in two states and this system has made us much more efficient and able to hold our team accountable for task that need to be completed on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. We also save time and money on training and daily operations by using the Jolt dating system and printer.

Cons

Our goal with Jolt was to eliminate paper (Time off request, School Schedules, Checklist, etc.) and it has been able to do that for us. The last thing we are converting to paperless is our cup count form. Travis was able to help us build one in Jolt but it would be even better if the list would calculate the totals. To setup up everything does take time but the bulk importing and ability to assign list to multiple locations makes it much easier.

Great for Schedules!

This is an incredibly easy tool for scheduling employees. It really makes calculating hours much easier.

Pros

I love the ease of use with this software, and the navigation of different employees' schedules. Its easy to insert times and easy to post once it is completed. We also love that there is an app! It's up to date with the times, and with younger employees, technology and ease of access is everything. We also love the referral program. We haven't had anyone actually join yet, but we recommend Jolt to everyone.

Cons

We had a couple issues with getting employees the link to actually view their schedule. It would get lost or just not even send. There should just be a way for us to preset a password for the employee and once they log in it asks them to reset it.

Very practical software for any business needing to organize staff schedule

ease of use and organization

Pros

Ease of use to create and send out the staff schedule and the fact that it's mobile friendly for all the staff to use anywhere. Nobody can miss a shift because everyone carries a phone these days :)

Cons

When creating a template for the whole staff schedule and using it for a following week, you're able to easily create the template but implementing it in the following week doesn't allow the shift blocks to be assigned to the same people as the previous week. The shift blocks copy over but don't get inserted under each employee as was copied from the template creation feature.

Excellent software to help keep you in control of your business

giving me greater control of my teams, helping control our H&S and giving the teams the ability to manage their days better.

Pros

The Jolt software gives you everything you need to manage daily, monthly and ad-hoc tasks for your team and helps your team keep track of what they should be doing. I found the setup to be very easy and straight forward Jolt customer training and online training videos are excellent and make the entire process very easy. Depending on the number of departments you have (we have 5) I would suggest rolling...

Cons

Not a lot to be honest! I think it would be great to see some more functionality added to the logbook to flag issues to specific people.

Jolt has helped us create accountability in specific areas of the business.

Labels and one consolidated place for checklists.

Pros

The interface is smooth, and users who are completing a checklist or task are able "check off" items with ease. It can be set up to be crystal clear on the expectation and purpose of a specific checklist. It allows all checklists, daily, weekly, monthly tasks, etc. to be in one consolidated place. E-mails can be generated and sent to key-leaders with not only the results of a checklist, but if a checklist is late, or has not been completed. As a high-level leader who is not in the operation daily, this helps me track our progress and put a pulse on the accountability my leadership team is holding the team to.

Cons

The end result is the best - all checklists in one place. The creation process can seem daunting, but once you have the hang of it, it is relatively easy.

Jolt: so good it Hurts!

Jolt is amazing, I've used it with several companies that I have worked for and it is the only program I CONTINUALLY RECCOMEND! Great program and even better customer service!

Pros

Easy to use, and teach. Does exactly what I want it to, easy upload and great program for restaurant accountability-

Cons

I would like the program to coordinate with square software to track sales and labor through the schedule- that would be amazing.

WOW! What a great additiona!

We were struggling with the ability to track who was doing (or not doing) what with our checklists and systems. JOLT has truly given us control over what our restaurant looks like, how our food is prepared, and how closely we are following health department regulations. We are now able to hold our employees accountable when the job is less than our expectations, as well as rewards those that are going above and beyond what is required. Anytime I have had any questions or issues with the product, Dan has been able to answer all my questions and point me in the right direction. I strongly recommend JOLT to anyone who has employees! :)

Pros

Cons

Data entry when establishing - but now I find out that Dan would be willing to set that all up for me, so wish I would have had him when we first started using JOLT! :)

Finally a way to get stuff done

Jolt helps you put accountability back into a check list. Having had opening and closing check list before, Jolt has transformed these into actually getting done. Requiring staff to scan, take pictures, or record certain items has moved us to getting the list completed 100%. It's as if I am there with them to ensure it gets done. This is probably the best product that I have used to ensure our systems are completed 100%, Jolt is worth every penny!

Pros

Accountability of staff, seeing what they are saying they are completing. Getting list done.

Cons

Nothing really, it's a great program and easy to use

Jolt has made the day to day operations in our restaurants much more efficient!

We are able to track temperature and cash register balancing history easily and remotely. For example, if our maintenance team asks if a piece of equipment has been staying in temp, it can be easily checked by reviewing the history of temperatures for that piece of equipment. As supervisors of 7 food service locations, Jolt also allows us to monitor the balancing of our registers remotely by having an email sent any time the store does not balance. It also allows our management team to complete store checks every shift to ensure that the store meets company standards. This has made for cleaner and safer restaurants.

Pros

As supervisors of multiple food service restaurants it is easy to miss crucial information. With Jolt, when a piece of equipment is temped out of range or a safe does not balance we are automatically sent an email and made aware of the issue. This prompt notification allows us to ensure corrective action is made immediately.

Cons

The only con we have noticed is that the app cannot alert you a list has become available unless the app is opened. This has caused some of our managers to forget to do lists. We have found a work around by setting alarms on the iPad reminding the management team that the list is now available to complete.

Very helfpul, very convenient!

Pros

Love that this can be an app where Employees can easily access their schedule, release, switch, and pick up shifts and even request time off and change their availability. It makes very important information so simple and easy to communicate. I just love this, we use it a lot for work.

Cons

I just wish the times are in 15 min increments instead of only hourly. Makes it easier to check how many people is scheduled per 15 minutes at a glance.

Courtney Lauti

We use this tool as a check and balance tool. Jolt works great for that purpose alone. I also use it as a training tool for my locations. I wish that Jolt had a better tool for that to track it better by just the name of the team member.

Pros

It take a lot of time off of the managers plate. Its a valuable tool to get items done and in a timley manner. Keeps you informed on productivity if the team members and lack of.

Cons

Wish there was a better platform for training. Would like a video option on check list sections. I would like to be able to pull up a team members name and see what they have done and still need to test on and scores.

impossible to get a live person to speak to you

Horrible communication

Pros

Great sales pitch when they were selling us on the system. When we decided to stop using it was impossible to get a response

Cons

tried for 2 months to cancel the subscription - after 30 day finally got an email response. Told the rep to cancel the account but he never responded to 2 different emails. Ended up billing my for 2 months

Jolt contributes to "Brand" excellence

As a fast growing national franchise, being able to replicate quality and customer satisfaction is paramount to success. Jolt provides a platform which allows our restaurant to quickly replicate consistency for our franchisees which turns into providing our customers with the experience they seek.

Pros

Centralized master library of data which can be customized to our specifications and rolled out through technology that all levels in the restaurant can easily use to do their role.

Cons

As an emerging national chain and being a front runner in the use of technology to assist our growth, Jolt offers a suite of great tools and we are pushing for enhancements that will make our use even better.

An excellent Balance of ease and efficiency!

Jolt has changed the game for Balance Grille's daily operations. From opening and closing procedures utilizing the "Lists" tab, to posting announcements and keeping recipes and training videos handy in the "Info" section. We also use the "Log Book" by leaving notes/comments in the checklists, opening another channel of communication between staff and management. Jolt has helped us keep employees on task and held accountable for their work in ways that benefit our bottom line and daily proficiency.

Pros

Quick learning curve. Communication and notifications for management.

Cons

Software is still in development, the more we use the more features we want! Scheduling for multiple locations is not where it could be, but they are working on solutions. The reporting could be a bit easier to pull data and comprehend.

Great labels! Haven't explored other things

Pros

Labels are awesome! I honestly don';t have much experience with any of the other features. However, the labels save time. They are super easy to use. And my team members put labels on everything willingly without grumbling The customer support has been awesome when I needed printer assistance. They updated the user interface to assist us! Great all around