Jolt Logo

Jolt

Comprehensive Digital Food Safety & Operations Software

Jolt Reviews - Page 4

Outstanding & solving our schedule problems.

Profitable results & ease of managing emp's.

Pros

The results. We are saving up to 80 hrs per week over our previous scheduling process (35 Emp - retail). Once it was set up, the ease of going week to week, making changes, interacting w Emp's through the app has made a big, positive difference. Additionally, the Jolt Team helps you set up & learn quickly. They do outstanding work in my experience. Though I own the business, I now open w 1 other, have reduced staff (including mgt) & I can reward diligent, productive emp's w avail hours. No one will watch your business like you do - Jolt lets me do that. We are also implementing other Jolt features now, for better control of work quality. Glad to have found Jolt!

Cons

Some future features will help us in our application, but our method in Jolts existing functions work fine.

Everything in JOLT works as represented and Customer Service is Awesome

It has allowed us to streamline and better document our Quality Control Program and our Safety inspections. We now can be ready and efficient in providing needed information to any state inspections that we have.

Pros

Provides good documentation for our quality control and safety programs. It has extreme customization and it is easy to print out the inspections for the night crew and the users are happy with a program that is quick and easy to use.

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't like about JOLT. It does have a learning curve but the customer service makes that much less painfull. Once you get the idea of how the programs does things it does make sense and is quite easy to follow. I have several people using the program who are very resistant to having to do the checklists and inspections and they even are happy about having a program that makes the process quick and easy.

Jolt has transferred the responsibility of completing tasks to the employee.

Pros

The options when it comes to making checklists. Notifications to the employee and supervisor. The time clock and time off functions. Making the lists have transferred the responsibility to be on the employee instead of the supervisor having to check on tasks constantly.

Cons

Not being able to create specific assignments per employee without having to assign each an individual role. Don't like that other employees can't see when other people are off without publishing the schedule.

I love JOLT! Helps us keep a clean and orderly restaurant!

Pros

I like how easy it is to add lists and to communicate with employees. I also like how once a monthly or daily list is created, it just pops up automatically.

Cons

I have been looking forever for software that had all of the functions that Jolt has.

Pros

I love the accountability that Jolt creates for my staff. The label maker is great. I also like that I can get a notification if one of my coolers is not holding temp.

Cons

There are a couple of features that I would really like to see added. The first would be a timer that you could set inside of the lists. For example, when we are cooling hot foods, we have to take temps at specific times and track them. Right now we have to set an external timer and it would be a cool addition to be able to do that all in 1 spot. The second would be to have the ability to copy a list template and modify it from the clone to another template. We have lots of lists that are very similar in the setting we need and just repeat on a different day, like daily cleaning tasks, and it is somewhat time consuming to create each template from scratch.

Lynn Lee Dairy Queens

It is an awesome way of keeping our team on their toes on ensuring all areas of pride are being done in a timely matter. If for some reason they do not complete their tasked assigned by jolt, we get a notification on what items were not done so in return we will call or text the manager in charge to see why they were not complete. Supervisors also get the notifications on all incomplete tasks so...

Pros

Notifications, Product labeling.

Cons

Calculator feature not available.

Employee usage

Product management within the restaurant as well as daily employee duties.

Pros

I like the easy to use functions and how simple the app is.

Cons

The trouble shooting is hard to use and most of the time the issues with printers is really hard especially with the label making option. Not very user friendly when it comes to issues

Keeps us running smoothly

It has been a great peice of software for our staff management. We use the time clock and the task lists for checklists and it increases our staffs productivity and gets rid of paper forms!

Pros

Easy to set up. Able to track hours and tasks completed by staff.

Cons

Setting up reminders for a task list (e.g. every 3 months) I personally find confusing.

The program is great once you take the time to build your forms and lists and add you company docs.

It replaces loads of paper and binders full of company docs and trading manuals.

Pros

Allows for a single employee operating system. It becomes the go to for everything from clocking in to training to everyday KPI tracking.

Cons

There are no intergrations. So the data that is filled out in Jolt stays in Jolt and needs to be manually extracted to be useful for inventory, job performance, KPI tracking... Adding intergrations like Google Apps and QuickBooks would make Jolt the ultimate tool.

Jolt review

Pros

Love the messaging options, keeps communication easy

Cons

Scheduling on jolt isn’t the greatest, weren’t able to trade shifts easily

Can't recommend enough

Jolt saves us product with the temperature sensors and time with the checklists and training features.

Pros

Jolt has proven invaluable to our organization. It is loaded with features that help our operations on an hourly basis.

Cons

There is so much that Jolt can do that it takes some time to set it all up.

Pros

Easy to track products . Easy to track the time & the date that when some one prep & who was the employ

Cons

We like everything about Jolt except we are having some technical issues . Its keep saying software update . I tried to reboot iPad but its still pooing out every time.

Intuitive to setup and use. Customer service and training staff are absolutely amazing!

Pros

The fixed price per month per location saves money without constantly monitoring the budget. I had enough of the activating/deactivating locations and employees to save costs during non-peak times. We switched vendors and cut our costs by 200% plus we added functionality at the same time. That's a rare win-win. Jolt is a software suite not just one software package. We have consolidated many daily operating functions into one product suite which not only saves money but gives the day-to-day users a consistent platform.

Cons

It would be great if managers could receive notifications about time off requests and other approvals through text and/or email messages. The push notifications work but some managers would prefer another delivery method like text/email.

I'm 43 and it's easy for me to use!

Pros

I like the ease of scheduling. It makes us quick for our scheduler which allows us to focus on our guest and not be bogged down with office work.

Cons

Not having the hours of your team available when you click on them. This would help when you are in weekly view and by role.

Jolt review

Spectacular product, easy to use, reduces paper usage, increases accountability, great for multi-unit

Pros

Cons

If you have multiple content groups, you can't move things from one group the other. Everything has to be created from scratch, which is a real pain if 90% is the same from one content group to the next.

Easy to learn, great support and a lot of features!

Perfect, very proffesional system and empolyees!

Pros

How easy it is to record lots of information about many people without spending a terribly long time. The bulk import when I made lists is brilliant. It is also very intuitive to understand the timesheet and very easy to create the schedules. The user interface is so simple and understandable despite the fact that there is a lot of complex information to be recorded. I thought I would spend at least...

Cons

Not much, but it would be great if it was more adaptet to Europe as well, like the clock, (not am / pm but 24h) possibility to send sms to employees etc.

My experience has been phenomenal because my representative is beyond helpful and patient!

Pros

That it can be configured to meet our specific needs is the best feature! I also love the fact that I can email my representative for anything and she always gets back to me in a timely fashion. I like the ease of use for the employees as well.

Cons

It was a bit tricky to figure out how to upload a training video, but my representative was able to help me, and we successfully uploaded the video!

I love the various ways Jolt makes follow up easier

Pros

It's very easy to follow up on schedules, product labels, and completed checklists. I also like that I can add training material as needed.

Cons

equipment is a little pricey. At least in the beginning. Sometimes my downloaded videos wont play on the tablet

Great for Schedules!

Scheduling

Pros

I like that you can schedule tasks along with schedules and Jolt will send reminders. Accountability. I like that you can check your schedule on the app and via email.

Cons

I don't like the fact that when it texts you your schedule it breaks it up into 3 texts.

Awesome Product

We have 7 restaurants and we use Jolt to be able to "see" into the restaurant everyday with out actually being on-site. We have been able to improve the completion of our checklists and also improve the accountability aspect since we get a picture instead of just a checkmark. Overall Great product and very good customer support!

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, and flexibility of the lists

Cons

would like to be able to customize the look of the lists - different colors and things like that.

I thought I had walked into the wrong restaurant ;)

Store cleanliness has improved so much in the past couple weeks due to both the employees and the manager's utilizing the checklists on the tablet. We're notified when freezers and refrigerators are out of temp, which in turn saves on cost of goods since we aren't wasting products. It has helped with labor due to the fact that you can print 6 labels (day dots) per second and taking temperatures is a breeze since the thermocouple is synced to the tablet and it automatically records the temps for you.

Pros

Easy to hold your staff accountable for all their assigned tasks and for maintaining food safety. You're able to get emails/texts when temps are out of range or someone has completed tasks that they should have completed.

Cons

I haven't found any cons just yet. We went from using the standard Redbook set up to this.

We use Jolt as a task management software.

We benefitted from Jolt by being able to eliminate the clutter of paper checklists, track team member progress, and communicate more efficiently.

Pros

Jolt has streamlined our task-management and reduced our need for paper checklists, handbooks, and documents, reducing clutter. It is useful to have as a means of employee communication.

Cons

This software can be a bit confusing to learn, including learning how to navigating through all of the features.

Jolt

Pros

Easy and convenient way to ensure everything that needs to be done is done and track who did it and when it was done.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about this software. It has worked really well for us.

Jolt Feedback

We use Jolt for everything and really helps us keep on task. The costumer service is over the top too. very urgent and helpful.

Pros

The versatility and price

Cons

Some of the copy over features when copying from one content group to another makes it difficult.

A+ Customer Support- Lesley offered genuine 2nd mile service and remarkable follow through!

Labels, tracking, checklists, accountability, and more! When I do happen to have a question for customer support, they have always gone above and beyond to resolve the issue and make sure I feel respected and appreciated as the customer.

Pros

Once it is set up properly, it is extremely LEAN and user friendly. Minimal training required for the average user. Accountability and quality are now more easily monitored.