KidKare  Logo

KidKare

Childcare platform for home providers and daycare centers

KidKare Reviews - Page 3

IA

Isah A.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Love having an option for me to record my childcare suppers on the web

By and large: I love my experience the extent that my youngster care business goes. I have not utilized the bookkeeping programming yet I am thinking about pursuing that. As I expressed, the client support side is the main destruction up until this point. I haven't needed to utilize the client support for some time so I expectation it has improved.

Pros

I love the simplicity and accessibility on various gadgets to record my dinners and participation.

Cons

Customer administration is exceptionally moderate when you do require help...it takes days and once in a while weeks to find no solution most occasions. Extremely baffling no doubt.

HU

Hattie U.

easy to keep track

My overall experience is that how well it keep track and I can go back at anytime and check on something. I started using this program when it was first introduced to my food program and I love recording on paper sucks,

Pros

How easy it to select the proper foods and i like that unless I put the required foods in for a certain meal the system will let me know and I won't be able to continue until I do.

Cons

At this time I can't think of one thing that I least like.

ZW

Zina W.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Daycare Lady

It has made keeping up with my meal count so much easier. Keeping up with my payments from parents and billing so much easier as well I am not able to track my income better

Pros

The ease of use, I am able to track my In Roman much easier so that when children leave and it is time to file taxes I can get the pair's information to them much quicker with a lot less work

Cons

In the beginning it timed out often......but it works great now

KR

Kim R.

Accounting, self-employed

My Experience Using KidKare

I love using KidKare ... Even though I write down each day's menus on my own forms, it's nice knowing I don't have to have copies of everything any more. One copy and it's done!

Pros

I like that it is easy to use - like all programs, it took a bit of getting used to but once I did, everything fell into a smooth transition. There are also parts of KidKare that I don't use because I keep records in a separate place on my computer, but it's nice knowing the option is available if I choose to change my record-keeping.

Cons

Apparently, the "Notes" on the bottom of each meal aren't viewable by my food rep. I wish these notes were available and viewable to everyone because if I miss noting something on a calendar, it would be nice to know there is a "back-up" of my notations.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

KidKare.com

Pros

I'm completely computer illiterate!! I have no problem entering all of my information daily. It's super easy to follow and there's always help a phone call away.

Cons

I think the thing I like least is that you can't enter information the next day without assistance. Some days are so difficult to do everything required for life and the time is up to enter your meals. Very stressful.

BW

Brenda W.

Primary/Secondary Education, 1-10 employees

Love this program.

Overall my experience has been a positive one.

Pros

I love that I can access this program from any device. It's mostly simple to use. There are more features that I have not accessed yet but the portion I do use helps to eliminate having to deal with more paper.

Cons

Re-enrolling children is a challenge. I end printing out old enrollment forms and changing the dates.

PS

Pamela S.

Primary/Secondary Education, self-employed

childcare

i'm able to track my parent's payments to me. i'm able to use the business part to track all my expenses and income. great for tax time!

Pros

it keeps all my records in one place so I can easily look things up

Cons

i do not like the automated payment system. i don't like the way it takes so long for a payment to be credited to my account. the day of invoice is usually the due date. i give 5 days to allow payments to be processed. if my client misses the invoice for some reason they will be late with the payment due to the 5 days it takes to process.

MG

Melissa G.

Home Daycare review

I have been using kidKare for over 10 yrs and have no problems. All the employees have been very supportive. I have never had any payment issues although I think we should have a pay increase but this is not KidKare’s control.

Pros

I use this software right on my phone and it’s very easy to use. I sign in every morning makes it easy not to forget.

Cons

There really isn’t anything that needs improving I find it really easy.

HA

Heather A.

KidKare Review

Pros

I like that the program is always available. Sometimes I'm so busy and I cant get to the computer right away, so I jot things down and log in later. The program is pretty easy to navigate and self explanatory.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I dislike about the software. I don't like how the rules and laws keep changing, but it has nothing to do with KidKare.

PT

Pamela T.

How KIdKare has helped me as a Provider

I use the software to help with the attendance of my children ,and also to keep up with my daily count of meals and attendance of each child that is enrolled at the center. This software offers so much to providers to help with meal count, attendance sheets, and so much more, it helps me to get a lot more accomplished that I could usually do, if I had to complete everything manually. KidKare has been a great experience for me and I wouldn't consider any other software for completing my meal count.

Pros

This is the best software that I've used since I have been a childcare provider, what I like most about this software, is the fact that it saves me a lot of time and paperwork.

Cons

There was nothing that I didn't like about using this software.

LM

Laura M.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Because It's easy...

KidKare, is the better way to submit my work. I love how simple it is to use and I can be on my way in no time. thank you for the chance to share.

Pros

I enjoy using KidKare because it is easy. The time it takes me to log in and make an entry, I'm surfing the web looking for projects for the children.

Cons

sometimes it's hard to delete a section of a day after it has been saved.

Holly W.

Holly's review

I'm able to see reports on how many meals i served and which meals are more attended. This software helps for records for tax purposes as well.

Pros

I like the ability to copy days from previous menus as well as build my own library of menus to choose from. Also the pre planned menus are very good when your're short on time

Cons

I don't like that the use scheduled times key was removed. It made it easier to adjust those times if necessary but now every day manually put in all the times which could and usually are the same every day.

AW

Arlen W.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

KidKare has a great interface and worked great overall!

I would highly recommend KidKare to anyone needing to meal plan for students.

Pros

As a user, the interface is so simple and makes each section readily available for use. I really enjoy the colors in the software as well.

Cons

Reviewing information can be confusing at times due to the fact that some of that information isn't updated.

TM

Tamara M.

Primary/Secondary Education, 1-10 employees

What a time saver

Pros

KidKare has cut the time spent entering our childcare's daily food count. Love all the features and the fact it works on any device.

Cons

This may only be on my phone, but it is frustrating that everytime I click on a food category my keyboard pops up; blocking the list. So, I have to close the keyboard out before I can select a food item.

DR

Daisy R.

Computer Networking, self-employed

KIDKARE IS GREAT!!

WHAT I LIKE IS THAT I CAN KEY IN WHAT TIME I CHOOSE BEFORE 12 AM. I ALSO, LIKE THAT I CAN TAKE ATTENDANCE WITH INSERTING WHAT I HAD FED THE CHILDREN. THIS IS A PROGRAM ALL IN ONE. I LOVE Kidkare!! THANK YOU

Pros

WHT I LIKE MOST IS THAT I NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH PAPER THAT WAS HURTING OUR FUTURE ENVIRONMENT. AT FIRST, I WAS NERVOUS USING A NEW TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM THEN ONCE I HAD GOT THE HANG OF IT AND HOW I CAN KEY IN AND FORMAT THINGS, I LEARNED TO APPRECIATE IT.

Cons

I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS AT THIS TIME, DONT CHANGE A THING.

BH

Bridget H.

KidKare

Business problems solved are being able to give receipts to parents of tuition payments made. For Expenses being able to categorize items for tax purposes. For food program user friendly.

Pros

The accounting aspects user friendly at tax time.

Cons

I do NOT like that I do not receive Tuition for 5 days. There was supposed to be a quicker turn around time.

DC

Deborah C.

Individual & Family Services, self-employed

I really like that I can look up information on one a specific child easily. The overall program is easy to use.

Pros

I am not very good with a computer and this program is very easy to use. It is also easy to look up specific information with just a couple clicks of a button.

Cons

I have not had any problems with this program.

JK

Jeanie K.

Internet, self-employed

awesome program

it is less stress at tax time

Pros

easy to navigate and can usually figure it out as im not a computer expert

Cons

there are a few differences from minute menu program would love to see all those same features added to this program then you have it at the moment don't remember what a few of them were i know one was address book, emergency contact

JR

Jan R.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

KidKare review

it's nice to have everything in one place.

Pros

It's easy to use. That is what I liked best. It is easy to use.

Cons

It would be nice if on the babies you could do a menu when you have several that are in the same age group. It get tiring when there are a bunch of babies and you have to enter each one individually

EC

Elaine C.

Great software for family child care!!

Pros

Besides using it for the food program the accounting package is good for my size business. The ability to print reports for your accountant. Overall, love this program.

Cons

Maneuvering around to different reports takes a little time to get use to. Customer service takes a few minutes to speak to when you need to ask a question.

CD

Christine D.

saves so much time

I don't have to use paper menus and I can always go back to check my work

Pros

all children's information is recorded so I don't have to enter their info everyday. It keeps trackof their birthday. Choices of food are easy tomake

Cons

takes a few seconds for meal to be saved. I'm usually in a hurry and when I enter meal I usually get an error message.

AP

Aldena P.

Life saver!!

Overall, I love the program. I look forward to better budgeting with business expenses because I'm able to view and run reports much faster than flipping through pages of data. Very pleased!

Pros

I love how I can now track all of my expenses and invoices. Much easier than the paper way! I love the reports I'll be able to run at the end of the year for taxes, and parents. Many reports available. All the information I need is in one place.

Cons

No pay feature for parents that pay 50/50 but in an every other week type of situation. Unsure how my reports will look when it shows they split payments weekly. Also, needs more categories for the provider and child calendar. I offer a limited number of vacation days that the parent can earn and in turn get a free week in the year but no options for me to track these days being used.

AH

Alexandra H.

Easy organization

Kidkare makes it easy to record meals and attendance. At the end of the year I can easily go back and see when any kid was here.

Pros

I love that I can view reports on all kinds of information I have entered.

Cons

I liked it better when I did not have to "check in" kids to claim them but I understand why they would want us to.

SW

Shannon W.

Individual & Family Services, self-employed

so easy to use and love doing it all on line

Pros

It really is easy to use and you can do everything on line rather than doing paper menus. And I love that I don't have to purchase a program to use it with my iMac anymore.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of. I don't like that I have to check in the kids but that isn't a software problem.

GK

Geri K.

Am mostly pleased

Pros

Ease of use. Double checking my food forms with your reports and organizing my income and expenses. Also keeps food logs for CACFP.

Cons

Old program had daily forms that could go home to parents explaining what we did during the day and a short note about how the child was that day. This program lacks that and I miss it.