KidKare  Logo

KidKare

Childcare platform for home providers and daycare centers

KidKare Reviews - Page 4

DS

Denise S.

Best Food Program Software for Childcare Providers

I appreciate that everything is in one place, I can access with my phone or another computer if need be, and great to be able to print W-10's for families at year end!

Pros

Very easy to use, improvements updated as needed, offers accounting option for continuity.

Cons

Sometimes you have to log out and back in to switch between accounting and meal recording.

SM

Sarah M.

Appreciate

The functions I use are helpful and time saving. I also appreciate the monthly option to pay. Thank You

Pros

I appreciate being able to use the app function in my phone. It’s amazingly convenient.

Cons

I do no not have any thing I like least about this program. I really enjoy the opportunity to use it each day.

VC

Vickie C.

Great software!

I love this software, have used it and the previous one that it took over, Minute Menu.

Pros

I love how it tracks my expenses and the reports it generates, even birthday lists!

Cons

I would love to have an area for notes to update info on children as needed such as injuries, benchmarks for them, or NSF checks.

RR

Robin R.

need a little updating

Overall I like the program.

Pros

I like that it keeps the credits from parents and it keeps the menus that I use for the kids.

Cons

I wish it would roll over if a parent owes anything. Sometimes I have a parent that owes $150 and can only pay $140 so I tell them to pay me the rest next week and then I wish the next weeks invoice would say $160 owing. Also I wish there were other foods on the food program part. There are so many different foods out there that are not on there.

KT

KATRINA T.

Easy to Use

Love to be able to Use from my phone and don't always have to go to my laptop.

Pros

Easy to Use and I don't have always long onto my laptop to enter in what is needed.

Cons

I think there should be a select all button when it comes to selecting children instead of having to pick each individual child's name.

KM

Katie M.

Accounting, self-employed

KidKare Is a great overall Program.

Having KidKare as part of my daycare has been a really nice tool for me to use. If there is anything that would be great for an add on/improvement would be for parents to be able to see what the kids ate for the day % of how much they ate and drnak . Would love to see this feautre added on. Thank you for your amazing support

Pros

I love the accounting software. Nice and organized, easy for us to be able to imput our expenses and so on.

Cons

It does take a little while for all software to load, but other wise it's a great program.

AW

ANGELA W.

The Best Ever

I love KidKare because it alleviate paper and help with bookkeeping, it help with menu preparations and help me to create healthy meals for the children.

Pros

This software is convenient and save me time that I can spend with the kids.

Cons

This software often causes errors that causes reduction and delays in payments

KP

Kathy P.

satisfied

Ive had a great experience using kidcare...I can keep track of menus and attendance way better than paper ...i am better organized and can get my stuff in quickly thank you!!

Pros

Its very easy to navigate and log in is fast

Cons

I would like to make a copy of calendars with child attendanceand i cannot do it on this program

MR

Maritha R.

Education Management, self-employed

Great if you are on the food program

I like the food program features an invoice but it does take four days for the money to get into my account after the parents pay the invoice.

Pros

I can combine food program, accounting and invoice parents

Cons

I would like to have features like child login, child's day so I don't have to have a separate program for that.

MG

Melinda G.

Helpful Meals

I appreciate the privilege to use KidKare.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of recording my daily meals. I like that it tells me totals and I can read my details. I also enjoy the simplicity of the system.

Cons

I dislike the record time in/out option. It is a little time consuming and confusing.

KS

Kristin S.

KidKare

We have used other programs and this is by far the easiest to use, and accurate. With the ability to run reports we can see any issues or concerns long before they become an issue. We also love the fact that we can track and run reports of our choosing anytime. It is also super simple to use and keep up on all our daily tasks!

Pros

It is easy to use. Overall the easiest system we have used, We don't use all the options at this time. I think for the attendance, reports, food tracking are all amazing. Very minor issues if any!

Cons

You can't always see the drop down boxes options. To have a scroll option would be great and sometimes the words used don't match what I am putting in.

WD

Wendy D.

Primary/Secondary Education, self-employed

KidKare

It has saved me a lot of time and money when I use it and my parents like the reports also.

Pros

I can do jut about everything I need to do for my business, from recording to reports to helping me with my business.

Cons

Wish the expenses section was set up different more like the Calendar keepers.

VD

Victoria D.

Consumer Services, 10,001+ employees

KidKare

I'm not having any problem with kidkare. It's the product differences.

Pros

I love being a mom. This product is helpful because the service offers incentives on being better at kids.

Cons

I don't dislike much about the product. It's easier to read and know then too play and forget, understand.

BP

Beata P.

Curiosity

I haves good experience with kick are so far.

Pros

That. Most or all the information the providers need are here to use. Also is very convenient.

Cons

The fact that we have to put in the information on the same day, not giving the option to do it later on especially when we are too busy.

PR

Patricia R.

I like being able to go to the computer and everything I need is always at my fingertips!!

Pros

I like that the kids kare program is so easy to navigate and that it has everything we need whenever we need it.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say. Maybe I wish there were more options in the pre selected groups! That helps when I make my weekly menus. Other than that you're doing a good job!

BC

Barbara C.

Kid Kare

have not had any problems thus far. thank you

Pros

I like that I am able to keep up with my childcare accounting in a professional easy to use manner

Cons

Not having access to lesson plans, certificates, and daily reports for my children as the previous Minute Menu provided these tools

JB

Jeanette B.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Kidkare

Tracking children and meals are super easy with this program.

Pros

This program is very easy to use. Tracking the children and meals have been super easy.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like so far with this program, except maybe not being able to bring back a withdrawn child easily.

PG

Pamela G.

My experience is great! The most important is organizing my bookkeeping for taxes.

Pros

Organizes for taxes, keeps records of the food serviced & children attendance. Very easy to use to keep track of tuition and billing parents.

Cons

Don't organize child by Birthday or age & to organize parent info, to print for multiple use. It also don't organize by store, to get totals spent there.

ZT

Zarinah T.

Works great for me!

Pros

It's easy to use. I love that I can use it on my cell phone, not just on my computer. I especially like that if I forget to check in a child in but try to enter them in for a meal, the system allows you to sign them in without returning to the check in/out page. I also like that you can copy a menu which saves a lot of time.

Cons

Sometimes I have trouble getting into the system and may have to wait until later in the day to get in.

KS

Katie S.

Primary/Secondary Education, self-employed

CACFP Staff are wonderful, but.....

I'm creating more work for myself as a business by doing Kidkare, but I'm also earning money for food that I was already serving before. So, I was basically letting that money go every month. I wish I had started sooner. But, I'm a new provider (only 2 years so far) and I wasn't sure how to keep up with basic daycare rules, cleaning, paperwork and inspections, let alone adding another program with more paperwork and such to the mix. I'm only one person. It's just me. I don't have a whole list of staff people to call.

Pros

It's pretty simple. It takes a min to figure it out, but the ladies from the Food Program are awesome. They are very helpful.

Cons

It's ridiculous how it doesn't change back to Breakfast when the date is switched at the top when inputting meals. It should automatically change from "breakfast" to "lunch" to "pm snack" because those are the only meals that I serve. And, back to "breakfast" when I switch it to the new day. It should also save automatically, so there aren't days in the system that never get submitted.

AM

Adriane M.

GREAT SERVICE

It is the best program by far. Not time consuming and easy to use. My best features is the access to the children file and you can go back and forth in the attendance.

Pros

The software is very Easy to access and user friendly for any one.

Cons

daily attendance unable to print menu plan for the month

MR

MARIA R.

Daycare Provider

I love that you are able to use the program for your faster and convenience from any where you go at the touch of a fingertip, I will recommend this program for everyone to use.

Pros

I love the fact that its a easy online services to you for all you needs.

Cons

no complains. I love everything about it

LP

Leticia P.

Feeding Future

Using this software we can accelerate our work,being organized and make monthly reports from the commodity of our home ,It's a big help in this field , we are always very busy taking care of our futures

Pros

-The way in which we can create our own menus . -The software avoid us the hand writing. -It help us to be organized.

Cons

-The system is always slow down. - The software have many pages to navigate. - The way we can use the copy option. - Printing.

BC

Brooke C.

Always very helpful

Love being able to do it all on my phone

Pros

Very easy to navigate and submit daily meal records. I love that I am able do it all right in my phone.

Cons

Sometimes changes are done to the site that take time to get use to. There has been a few evenings that I wasn't able to get the site to load.

DN

Dianne N.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Kidkare makes bookkeeping look like punishment!

My overall experience with Kidkare is a pleasant one. It has taken the load off filing hundreds of attendance forms and menus. That I wouldn’t trade for anything.

Pros

The fact that I can plan ahead and reuse menus if necessary, once meals and attendance are entered, there’s no hassle at month end to put things together. It keeps things straight.

Cons

The fact that it could just crash at times and meals could not be entered next day.