Kira Talent Reviews

4.44/5 (197 reviews)

Angela Fiorillo

Kira Talent has been an excellent addition to our Admission process. Highly recommend Kira Talent.

Reviewed 2019-01-30

Meeting our candidates virtually is a big plus. The convenient and user friendly platform saves time and adds efficiencies to the process. It is a great extension to a candidate’s application.

Pros
One of the most attractive features of the Kira Talent platform is how exceptionally easy it is to use. We use it daily as an integral part of our Admission process in getting to know our candidates better. The platform is very easy to navigate and the layout is very appealing. It is convenient and offers many great features including a ‘Results’ page that summarizes browser refreshes, technical issues, total time the candidate spent on completing their interview and a spelling and grammar check on the written response. The Kira Team is one of the most supportive and dedicated teams I have interacted with. The customer support team is always on hand to provide a great customer experience. They continue to grow their product and are always improving on an already great platform. They are receptive to customer feedback and the customer always feels valued. I would highly recommend this product.

Cons
Really no cons. Any issues or suggestions that are made are quickly acted on and improved upon. They are always meeting the customer’s needs.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Angela!

Thank you so much for the incredible review! :) It is our pleasure working with you and the team at McMaster University - DeGroote School of Business!

Bridget Jakub

Kira Talent assessments have helped us gain a better view of our applicants' communication skills.

Reviewed 2018-04-26

We're able to virtually interview applicants without requiring staff to be available for live interviews; incorporating the review of these interviews into application review has been extremely helpful in assessing individuals for our professional graduate degrees.

Pros
Easy to use from the admin side; integration with our current app system went quite smoothly and continues to run without issues about 2 years after implementation. It allows us to mimic a live interview without the personnel necessary to hold hundreds of live interviews with individual applicants. The randomization of questions is a great feature. Customer support is great. Applicants who are qualified for our programs (able to complete a live interview without extreme anxiety that inhibits communication) have given it positive reviews. Looking forward to integrating it with our new CRM/app (Slate) to be built over the next year or so.

Cons
The ability of applicants to refresh their web browser to get a new question (until they get a question they can answer) isn't great. On our side, the fact that questions have been collected in this way and disseminated on sites like gradcafe.com isn't awesome - but when we see an interviewee obviously reading their answer in the interview, it actually makes our decision much easier. I wish there was an admin user role that would allow the user to login and view any interview without having it assigned to them specifically - without giving them the ability to delete/modify content/interviews within Kira Talent (so - more granular access rights would be nice).

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Bridget! Thank you so much for your review!! I am so glad that Kira has been helpful to you and your team over the years, and that you are going to be integrating with Slate! I would love to connect about questions leaking onto public forums. I will send you an email to chat further :) - Cathlin

Anthony Reed

It's easy to use and generally reliable.

Reviewed 2018-04-26

Pros
Simplicity and speed, as well as the rubric definitions and verbiage. The ability to add and edit notes. As an end-user, I'm not privy to the customizable nature of the questions or rubrics, but would hope that we have the option of testing for various competencies (in addition to the same ones I see every day from applicants' submissions).

Cons
The lack of ability to place candidates literally next to each other in comparison. At least as I've been trained, each applicant is reviewed separately, but there are times when it would be valuable to have functionality allowing side-by-side comparison of ratings and for the choice of applicants (side by side) be "filterable" by application date, geography, etc. Also, is there a way to test for severity or leniency bias by reviewers and to filter the results by the same criteria, as well as demographic data? There's a lot more potential for this program-- largely to help with validity and reliability.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Anthony, thank you so much for your great review! Unfortunately, we don't capture geographic data in Kira now, but this is a great idea. The ability to compare applicants side by side is also a great idea - I'll submit these as feature requests now. I hope you're using the "Analytics" tab at the top of your Kira screen, and your "Ratings by Reviewer" option per assessment to understand the variability between reviewers' overall scores! - Melanie

Meredith Richardson

I couldn't do my job without Kira!

Reviewed 2018-04-26

I've saved a lot of personal time reviewing applicants thanks to Kira.

Pros
Kira is easy to use. I can have multiple reviewers use the system and everything is consistent across the board. Using Kira has saved me personally over 45 additional hours of reviewing interviews outside of my normal working hours per year. The platform is intuitive and user friendly. Their customer support is second to none! The minute I have a question, I can expect a reply within the hour and my dedicated account specialist makes me feel like I have her fullest attention. They continually provide support and resources for my students and staff. Because of Kira, I now have more time to focus on my applicants and students.

Cons
Kira has come a long way since I began to use them, and I look forward to the growth ahead. I understand that it's hard to have on platform for all of the companies/universities who use their services, but there are more tweaks that can be made to enhance my personal use of their platform, including a search function for ALL of Kira, not just a search per section/group. It would also be great to have a way to input the completion date into the system and have automatic reminder emails get sent out until they complete it.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Meredith! Thanks so much for your review! I am so glad to hear that you have found your Kira experience so enjoyable!! Thank you so much for your feedback on new features that could improve the product for you :) I will definitely bring these back to my team and keep you updated on any progress! Best, Cathlin

Brittany Starks

Easy Application Review

Reviewed 2018-05-03

Pros
I like this software because of the simplicity of the software and the ease of use. I love the idea of being able to watch prospective student videos and getting to review the application on another level. It is helpful to not have to only review long drawn out applications all day, but to have a tool that allows for you to easily separate one candidate from the next candidate. I love the Kira interviews. The process works well for a program like social work or public health because you can really see and witness the passion that is exuded from the video submissions that the applicants send in to us during application season.

Cons
Although there are aspects of the software that I really like, there are also aspects of the software that I believe are a bit challenging at times. For example, I find it difficult sometimes to troubleshoot, navigate, and solve technical issues for individuals applying to the program. In my opinion, the solution is not very helpful to the prospective student because I often must refer them to Kira to call for help with their problem and sometimes I feel as if I am not providing the highest level of customer service to the prospective student. This can at times can be a bit frustrating to say the least.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Brittany, Thank you so much for your review! I am so happy to hear that Kira allows you to see the passion of the student applying :) Thank you for letting us know about the issues and ideas that you have surrounding technical support for applicants! I would love to connect with you further about this to hear your ideas :) I will reach out to your via email. - Cathlin

Jeremy Adler

Good functionality and quite easy to use

Reviewed 2018-05-03

Pros
The short interviews that we use the software for are very valuable. Kira is pretty easy to use - inviting one or multiple email addresses to an interview is very easy. The platform is quick to load and watch interviews. We use this platform almost daily and it works well for what it does.

Cons
I really wish that the interviews were mobile compatible. Several interviewees have only had access to a microphone though their phone, so have not been able to complete the Kira interview. Once someone completes an interview, you cannot change the interview structure (for instance to give interviewees more time to complete the interview). I understand why this is in place but wish you could override the system to make these changes. It is tricky / finicky to copy links to individual interview invites. We do this quite a bit as we will send an email with their interview link.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Jeremy - thanks so much for your feedback! I'm glad you're having a good experience overall. We hope to have mobile apps for applicants again in the future, and please lean on me at any time to make structural changes to the interview. I'm happy to help. Regarding the interview links for applicants - I hope you're making use of the Applicant Details CSV for easy copy/pasting! - Melanie

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anonymous

A GREAT ADDITION TO THE INTERVIEW PROCESS; GARNERS ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT DETAILS FROM APPLICANTS

Reviewed 2018-09-24

Pros
Simple yet effective. Using Kira allowed us to get to know our clients in a way that made the screening process easier. The video interviewing features created a faster and easier way of assessing a client, it saved us and the client time. After the video interview, we can be certain which client is a great candidate for our firm. The process became smoother since we started using Kira.

Cons
It seems like applicants cannot be filtered demographically which is an important factor for applicant browsing, for us at least. It would really be great if this can be added to future updates since this may hasten our process more.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey there!

Thank you so much for the positive review! :) I've taken your feedback and shared it with our development team for consideration. Please feel free to reach to your Client Success Manager if you'd like to discuss this in more detail!

-Christian

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Sarah Birch

Great Platform for Garnering Hundreds of Interviews

Reviewed 2019-02-05

Pros
Kira saves our team so much time by allowing us to collect interview responses without having to schedule an in-person or face-to-face Skype interview. Having the interview responses are also a really helpful way for us to more holistically review applicants to our graduate programs. We learn more about the applicants by hearing them speak, as opposed to just knowing them from what they provide on paper.

Cons
There is some clunky-ness in the functionality of the software, especially when clicking in and out of each video response. For example, when trying to select the Notes button, it is easy to accidentally click somewhere outside of the button and then consequently collapse the entire video and ranking section. This gets frustrating when you are in the middle of viewing a video and then accidentally close it because you clicked somewhere close by.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Sarah,

Thank you so much for the feedback and review! :) I've shared your feedback with our design and development teams!

Elissa Liu

Great addition to our recruiting process

Reviewed 2015-03-12
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
We found Kira Talent to be a great screening tool to quickly get a sense of certain candidates and narrow to a short-list in an efficient way. Instead of judging based on resumes alone, these video interviews were a great supplement to get us down to a shorter list of candidates worth interviewing in person.

Cons
When I first started using the software a couple of years ago there were a few minor glitches, but I believe they've all been fixed. They're also very responsive on any issues, so this didn't cause me any real problems.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

David Farnum

Overall I really enjoy getting to know the students by seeing them and hearing their answers.

Reviewed 2018-04-26

I get a deeper knowledge of the student by seeing them and hearing them answer the questions. Their applications come to life when I watch their videos.

Pros
The software makes it very easy to invite a student to interview. In addition, the software makes it easy to view a student's video. The quality of the video is very high.

Cons
I don't like to have to search for the student I invited. We have 6 members of our staff who invite students and I have to scroll through all of them to find the ones I invited because I only view the students I invite. Also, I wish it were less cumbersome to see when a student was invited, and to send them a reminder to complete their video by the due date. I can only search on sent invites if I know the email address. This is frustrating.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi David, Thanks so much for your review! Thank you for providing feedback on how your team uses our product and we will definitely take this into account in the future! I will send you an email to see if we can schedule a time to chat about some of your concerns and ways we can address them on the platform :) Best, Cathlin

Brian Favetti

Kira Talent is an easy to use online platform for managing interview invites for our applicants.

Reviewed 2018-04-26

This software allows us to easily interface with our applicant base to manage our interviews.

Pros
The best feature of this software is its ability to manage reminders through the system for those who have not started or not completed their Kira interview. It's also very user friendly, allowing us to group specific people for certain types of interviews as well as providing analysis for certain types of actions taken throughout an interview.

Cons
I would like to have a feature added that lets us know whether individuals have received the original email invitation. Sometimes we are unsure if someone has received and viewed/opened the invitation email and we have to follow up with them manually.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Bryan! Thank you so much for your feedback. In your "Analytics" tab at the top of your page, you can see the "Applicant Pipeline" for each of your assessments. On this blue bar graph, the "Not Started" stage lists all applicants who have not opened their invite email. The "Opened Email" stage lists all applicants who've opened their email, but haven't registered yet. You can also remind the applicants from this page as well! Hope that helps! - Melanie

Cynthia Law

I like Kira Talent, the platform is professional and easy to use, excellent customer support.

Reviewed 2018-04-30

Easy to connect candidates from different parts of the world. No need to schedule phone interviews. We can evaluate the candidates' English skills, their personality and determine if they are a good fit to our program. We can also use customized questions.

Pros
It is easy to use. It eliminates the burden of phone interview (different time zones). Good to see the candidate's personality and determine their communication skills. An excellent feature is to sends reminders to candidates who did not complete the video on time.

Cons
Sometime the sound and video quality is not clear. Candidates unable to do the video interview from a mobile phone.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Cynthia! Thanks so much for your review! I am glad to hear that Kira has been beneficial to you and your team! We did used to have a mobile app that applicants could use to complete the assessment, but we found that very few applicants utilized it! Thank you so much for this feedback, and I will be sure to share this with my team! Best, Cathlin

Teresa Pires, MPA

The Kira platform has allowed us to differentiate between candidates and determine fit much easier

Reviewed 2018-04-30

Pros
I like the timed responses, and opportunity to 'bucket' questions into different categories. It allows us to easily determine a candidates comprehension and see how quickly and concisely they can formulate an answer. This tool also offers us the ability to see who our applicants are, and if they meet the English proficiency levels that we require for admission into the MBA.

Cons
I wish the video would automatically feed into our CRM system. At this stage the link is a manual process. Integration into Salesforce would be ideal

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Teresa! Thank you so much for the review! :) Looking forward to setting up a Kira/Salesforce integration with you in the near future! -Christian

Jamie Adkisson Hennessy

Excellent product and even better customer service

Reviewed 2019-01-18

We work with several admissions technology vendors - Kira is by far the best to work with!

Pros
The Kira team is amazing to work with - there is a bit of work on the front end to get setup and they were with us and super helpful all the way. Kira is easy to use and administer and we've received mostly positive feedback from our applicants as well. It has really added something special to our holistic admissions process.

Cons
Lack of mobile app - would be convenient for applicants to use their mobile devices to complete the assessment.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Jamie! :)

Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback! We are really happy to be "by far the best to work with."

Cheers!

Susan Jung Grant

Kira Talent is an excellent way to screen applicants and form an immediate impression.

Reviewed 2018-04-30

This software provides a very reliable indicator of an applicant's personality and potential. In a program such as ours, where we assess leadership potential, communications ability, initiative and assertiveness, Kira Talent has proven to be very consistent with what we find during full-length, in-person interviews.

Pros
The software is easy to use, functional, has good search function, and provides valuable information. I use it a lot and have found it to be a very important of our admissions process, especially when we cannot interview everybody.

Cons
I think students are a little intimidated by the process and may be nervous. I have had some instances in which students read their responses to the question. This isn't a problem with the software per se. Occasionally, the videos take a while to load and cause delay.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Susan - I'm so glad you're having a positive experience with Kira! Please let me know if you continue to experience video loading issues this year - we've recently updated our video player, so the playback should be instantaneous next review season :) - Melanie

Emily Dayton

Kira - Great for increasing efficiency of application review

Reviewed 2019-01-29

My overall experience with Kira has been great. It's easy to use and increases the efficiency of our application interviewing process.

Pros
The addition of Kira to our business school application process significantly increase the turn around time for admissions decisions, allows our team to interview more candidates, created a more consistent and fair applicant interview process, and all while maintaining the integrity of the interview process.

Cons
Due to the way our team moves applications forward, the one change that I would love to see is the ability to batch assign/unassign applicants to reviewers. Currently the system only permits user to assign/unassign applicant interviews one by one to reviewers - which takes longer when you've got 50 interviews to unassign and the next 50 or 60 to assign.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Emily! :)

Thanks so much for the great review and feedback! I have shared this with our design and development teams!

Anonymous

Save so much time in the hiring process!

Reviewed 2018-04-27

Saves time and allows us to better know our candidates! It is easy to use and is a great system for our organization.

Pros
The software allows us to conduct first-round interviews without bringing candidates into the organization and having the hiring committee gather in one place at one time. The committee can review candidates from anywhere! This allows our second round in-person interviews to have a stronger pool of candidates.

Cons
I don't like that you can't pre-select the reviewers for all the applicants for a chosen assessment, i.e. after each candidate submits their videos, you have to go back in and assign that applicant to the reviewers. Why can't you just set all the reviewers you want for a specific assessment and have them all get alerted to review candidates once they filter in?

Response from Kira Talent

Hey there! Thanks so much for submitting a review! :) Good news! Later this year we'll be releasing a new feature: 'Automatic Assignments' for reviewers! Stay tuned for more to come! -Christian

Aiddee Tellez

I use Kira Talent on a Daily Basis for work

Reviewed 2019-01-18

Pros
I like how Kira Talent is easy to use. User friendly and if any of our applicants need assistance the support team responds quickly. I love how Kira notifies me of any updates or changes being made to the software. Especially, if I have particular questions or need help trouble shooting a problem, I get a response quickly.

Cons
There isn't anything I least like about the software. I use this on a daily basis for processing applications.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Aiddee!

Thanks so much for the awesome review! :) We're very happy to hear that you appreciate our responsiveness!

Jessica Voss

We have used Kira for the past 3 years. It is easy to use, easy to update.

Reviewed 2018-04-30

Pros
Ease of use, integration with our application, access to review what a reviewer said and comments. This year we used the writing function and really liked that.

Cons
No matter the randomness of the questions, our questions are making their way onto public media and we are seeing rehearsed answers.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Jessica, thanks so much for your review! I am glad to hear that adding timed written responses was beneficial to you and your team! I will reach out to you via email to see if we can find a way to better randomize questions for next cycle to ensure that all applicants are getting a fair chance :) Best, Cathlin

Sam Low-Chappell

We use Kira to evaluate personality fit for applicants to our courses.

Reviewed 2018-05-05

Using Kira allows us to get a snapshot of each of our applicants that can be reviewed multiple times without requiring our Admissions team to have to meet each individual for our courses. We have a lot of applicants and it can be difficult to memorize each interaction, so having Kira allows us to maintain that contact while not having to sink as many resources into scheduling and conducting interviews.

Pros
Fast and easy to get a snapshot of our applicants. One general link can be sent to all applicants and they check in themselves which makes things easier on our end on the admin side. Being able to generate a quick share link allows us to easily link back to each candidate when reviewing applications.

Cons
When watching videos, it's not always easy to play, pause, and move the slider back to an earlier point in the video. Occasionally I can't make out what a person says in their response and I want to go back to hear it, but when I try to slide back the video usually freezes and isn't playable. I usually have to refresh the page to re-watch. Would be handy if I didn't have to do this!

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Sam! Thank you so much for your review! In regards to video playback, we have recently implemented HTML5 on the reviewers end of the platform! This should allow you to better skip around, pause, and play the video! Best, Cathlin

ben webb

Kira in the admission process

Reviewed 2019-01-22

Overall our experience has been great with Kira Talent. This software has increased our admission process quality for interviews by allowing us to get a snapshot of the prospect before an official interview. The Software also allows us to really look at the students fit to our programs.

Pros
It allows us to score our admission pool before offering out interviews, helping increase staff efficency time use.

Cons
That the video link cannot be added embedded in our graduate schools application easily.

Response from Kira Talent

Hey Ben,

Thanks so much for the awesome review! :) We really appreciate it!

Ellie Rinehart

This product is user friendly, has a great UI and customer service is fantastic!

Reviewed 2018-05-04

Pros
The Kira team has been so quick to help every time our team needs to make updates on the platform. They usually respond within just a few hours and deliver on requests just as quickly. They also respond quickly to applicants who reach out for help on the platform. The platform itself is very easy for both the applicant and our backend users. In just over a year with Kira, we have not had a single applicant who had an issue navigating the platform and completing the interview because it's so intuitive.

Cons
The main downside for our team is that we have international and other applicants who don't always have access to consistent internet. However, Kira's minimum bandwidth requirements are well within reason. The former Flash requirement used to be a huge downside (having to advise applicants to use Chrome wasn't ideal), but the switch to HTML5 takes care of that problem.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Ellie, thank you so much for your review! I am so glad to hear that you and your applicants are enjoying Kira! Best, Cathlin

Loreli Burton

The customer service reps are fantastic.

Reviewed 2018-04-26

Our applicants are able to submit a video to us and we are able to customize our videos

Pros
I love the ease that we are able to send out reminder emails and that our applicants can contact the customer support reps directly when there is an issue.

Cons
I wish there was a chat feature that allowed us to connect instantly with a rep although their response time is actually quite fast otherwise so we are still pretty satisfied!

Response from Kira Talent

Loreli, thanks for the stellar review! It's always a pleasure to work with you and your team :) - Melanie

Sarah Birch

Kira offers a streamlined way to review candidates and get to know them on a more personal level.

Reviewed 2018-04-30

We get to learn more about our applicants without the hassle of trying to coordinate schedules for in-person or Skype interviews.

Pros
I like that Kira is easy for our candidates to use, and that it allows them to practice using the platform before starting the actual interview. Customer support is great and very quick to helping us and helping our candidates when they have trouble using the platform.

Cons
I don't love how the video responses collapse so easily by simply clicking anywhere. There have been multiple times when I've accidentally collapsed a video when I really meant to write a note or rate the candidate.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Sarah! Thanks so much for your review! I am glad to hear that your team and your applicants have enjoyed the platform :) Thank you so much for your feedback on the video boxes collapsing, I will absolutely bring this back to my team! Best, Cathlin

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Kristen Savely

I have had a good experience with Kira. Overall, it has always functioned well and support great.

Reviewed 2018-04-26

Pros
I like the ability to change our questions easily throughout the admissions cycle. I also like that we can see the number of browser refreshes and all of the technical aspects.

Cons
I don't have any at this time to share. I guess we get students who tell us they have technical difficulties and we can't trouble shoot them on our own. It would be nice to be able to assist them at some level, if possible. So, maybe it would be good to have a training about basic common issues students/users have.

Response from Kira Talent

Hi Kristen, thank you for your amazing review! It's always a pleasure to work with you and the Brandeis team. I absolutely understand where you're coming from re: applicant support. Our goal is to have as few applicants as possible experience technical issues! Here is our new FAQ page if this helps you ... help your applicants! https://kiratalent.zendesk.com/hc/en-us. We're always here to help if needed :) - Melanie