Kudos Logo

Suggested alternatives

motivosity
bonusly
guusto

I find Kudos very easy to use, it has been a great tool for recognizing my teammates achievements. So, every time there is a work well done there is Kudos on their way :D.
Love that you can recognize hard work and show appreciation to others. Depending on your company you can redeem for awesome rewards.
Kudos is a simple yet effective way to boost morale and connect with coworkers, two things that are especially important in these unprecedented times.
I dislike how it shelters kids from some real-world problems that they should know about, not the very bad and innapropriate stuff, just some things.
There is nothing I have to say bad I can say about this program.
Not all staff have been created on the platform. There seems to be an exclusion to the contract staff.

1,086 reviews

Kristin R.

Vice President, Marketing

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Great for Employee Engagement

Transcript

Kristin: Hi, my name is Kristin. I'm a vice president of marketing in the credit union industry. I would...

Bonnie D.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

An easy and FUN way to say thank you

Overall experience has been great, as mentioned above it is an easy and quick way to show someone that they matter as a part of your team. Actions speak louder than words, and by giving some kudos to someone who is doing great in their position, it is the just the icing on top of the thank you that you already gave them!

Pros

I love Kudos because it is that extra little something to tell a coworker thank you or that you appreciate them! I love being able to award team members for their work and then they can turn around and use those Kudos to buy themselves something special. Kudos is a creative way to give back to those people who help you or make your work day better! I love giving and receiving KUDOS! :)

Cons

I have had no issues when using this software

AG

Andrea G.

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

Why Kudos Is The Best

Pros

With Kudos, we have the best survey and feedback features The software comes well equipped with amazing HR features Makes employee recognition as well as engagement easy

Cons

Well, Kudos has been quite helpful with little to no major issues.

em

elaine m.

Veterinary, 10,001+ employees

Okay for what it does

Pros

Easy to put in metrics for measuring employee engagement.

Cons

It doesn't have enough room for additional metrics or methods of quantifying our employee metrics.

Ayush B.

Staffing and Recruiting, 10,001+ employees

Kudos is an excellent software and method to express your gratitude publically

It's an excellent collaboration platform. Every organisation need it. Usability is also straightforward. I enjoy how it inspires us to go above and above for our coworkers because we know they will reward us with compliments. It contributes to making the modest inconspicuous number of work that someone accomplishes apparent and valued. I am confident that if I ever had a problem, Kudos would be outstanding at addressing it.

Pros

Kudos is an excellent tool for recognising colleagues in small or bug teams in IT or any other sector. There is a newsfeed where you can view all activity throughout your whole organisation, and an area where you can see every praise you sent and got. We no longer need to wait for mid- or year-end approvals to acquire management or peer assessment with accolades. I appreciate the variety of options for spending my kudos, and redemption is straightforward. Kudos to Kudos for making showing appreciation so enjoyable.

Cons

If I had to pick something to dislike, it would be that anybody can see the number of recognitions and honours you have gotten on your profile on the right-hand side. A person should be allowed to choose how many kudos to offer to another person. There are currently predefined quantities. We attempt to integrate activities in Kudos to guarantee that everyone is utilising the platform and that it is not just a small group of people giving each other Kudos.

Janelle H.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Kudos for Kudos!

Kudos really helps to build team morale. I love seeing everyone call each other out for the great work their doing, and I think that kind of feedback makes people work harder. Sometimes teams can be a very segmented. With kudos, you can easily see what other teams are working on, fostering an atmosphere of engagement and communication.

Pros

Your hard work turns into cold, hard, cash! I like that you can choose from kudos-branded or company-branded rewards! I like that you can choose to send your kudos privately or publicly. I like that you can endorse a kudos someone else has sent. I like that you get kudos on your birthday! I like that you can't send all your kudos to one person, forcing you to spread it out.

Cons

I wish unused kudos could roll over to the next month. I wish adding giphs to a post was easier. I wish that clicking the +K button actually added additional kudos. I wish there were more Canadian-specific Kudos rewards. I would like to get a reminder email towards the end of each month, reminding me to use up the last of my kudos.

Rafael A.

Oil & Energy, 5,001-10,000 employees

Excellent Tool

Kudos is without a doubt a moral booster around the office and a positive influence among co-workers. Being complimented in a professional manner is much more rewarding than a simple "thank you". Also, I tend to work with others who work at a different office location, so I cannot truly give thanks to them. Thus, giving them a Kudos for a particular task helps me keep them content.

Pros

I like to be able to give my co-workers thanks in a professional and interesting way for their contributions. Kudos provides an excellent medium to complement one another in the workplace. As an employee, I have received nice comments from my peers for even the smallest of details, and I have been able to give back to my co-workers and even superiors whenever I receive help from them. Sometimes I feel I am asking too much of someone else, and Kudos provides me with the ideal platform to compensate for the assistance I am requesting. Besides, extra perks, rewards, and cash make everyone around the office more motivated to work together.

Cons

I would like to see the option of posting private posts. Sometimes I prefer to keep things only between me and the other employee. In all honesty, I am not one hundred percent sure if this option is out there within Kudos, but I have not been able to find it so far.

Christian J.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 10,001+ employees

More ways to earn Kudos

Amazing! You can get days off as well. Probably include holidays and free trips?

Pros

You can redeem kudos for lots of options.

Cons

You can only get kudos when someone gives them to you. There should be other ways to get them as well.

SK

Shane K.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Rewarding

Pros

It's rewarding to send colleagues Kudos to recognise good management or appreciation for their work.

Cons

Sometimes Kudos feels very formal which can influence what I write on there but that isn't a critique, merely an observation. In the same vein, it also feels social in terms of how we can see other people rewarding Kudos etc.

CO

Candia O.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

I find that using Kudos helps us has Team by encouraging one another.

Pros

I enjoy the recognition from others from Kudos. Receiving recognition encourages me to keep up with the great work that have been doing as a Counselor and as an Individual.

Cons

I do not have any Cons at this time. Kudos has been working for me in a positive manner.

LK

Lindsay K.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

Great for team morale

Pros

Love that there is a platform for our employees to recognize each other for the hard work they do

Cons

Not much to not like. If I had to pick something it would be a suggestions section for employees to submit prize requests or incentive requests.

BC

Brooklyn C.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Kudos for Kudos!

Kudos support is on-the-ball! I am comfortable asking for the assistance I need as questions arise, and I know they will have a solution to offer promptly. Their reps are personable and convey warmth and friendliness via email and phone. As a side note, our team LOVES Blobby. A handful of our top senders select a different Blobby for every post, adding color and personality to the timeline. It took me a bit to warm to Blobby, but having seen him fill our timeline, he has grown on me!

Pros

I love that it is customizable--our company uses a very trimmed-down, simple version of Kudos. We sometimes have trouble with folks being receptive to change, but adoption of the Kudos platform over our previous recognition platform has been better than we could've asked, thanks to Kudos being willing to adapt to our needs.

Cons

I wish the window to edit posts was indefinite, especially for administrators. As an administrator, I award our company's Kudos award badges, and I've made a few mistakes along the way, sometimes after the 24 hour edit window has closed, forcing me to archive the award and give it again, which messes up the date convention and exposes my goof to the masses ;) It would be nice if administrators had the ability to edit at any time.

DB

Deboarh B.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Spread the word Kudo works.

Use of Kudos has increased our Employee Net Performance scores. Staff moral is increased when you take the time to individually recognize the great work your staff does.

Pros

What I most like about the software is that I can keep current on the excellent work that is being performed the employees in the company and I can partake in celebrating their successes by adding my comments. We sometimes get busy in our day to day work lives that we forget to thank our staff for the wonderful work they perform each and everyday. It is so easy to send a Kudos and the beautiful thing...

Cons

There is nothing in particular that I don't like about the software. What don't like is that our companies management team doesn't use it enough or in some cases at all.

MM

Matthew M.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Put more into your morale program!

We run lean purposely, and allows for a larger share of the rewards when we exceed as an organization. However, we have to ask a lot of our folks as a result, and the workload is high. While a paycheck can keep someone coming into work each day, being proud of what you do and being recognized for the quality of your work makes them want to come to work each day. Kudos has already helped so much with this in the short time we have been using it, and see less people who just work here, and more that are a part of family we strive to create here.

Pros

Kudos offers such an ease of use that it makes staying active in recognizing my employees a breeze. Morale is such an important part of keeping your workforce productive and most importantly happy, and Kudos allows me to recognize my team quickly, which can make all the difference in the world with as busy as we all get. Acknowledging the good people do should NOT be work, but programs I have used...

Cons

I do not yet have any negatives about the Kudos platform.

AM

Aleksandr M.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Very positive experience.

Pros

Kudos is a great platform for sharing accolades and praise with colleagues and teammates. We've used it to manage incentive programs, wellness initiatives, and re-enforce our organization's values. It's improved morale and become a staple of our culture.

Cons

The platform could have more built in social features - such as the ability to post pictures as comments, gifs, etc. Also, we used to be able to give K+ points from an individual's bank of Kudos they had received - this feature has vanished after an upgrade, and now Kudos are given with no points once a teammate has run out. The ability to give from your own awards really increased the meaning of those thoughtful thank-you(s). Also the Slack integration is clunky and confusing.

SC

Sarah C.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Excellent Product that Keeps Improving with the Times

A lot of the team members work in remote locations so the tool is an excellent way of bringing remote workers closer together to replicate an office environment.

Pros

Ease of use for staff members to share praise. This is very valuable to our team!

Cons

It may be cool to have this as an APP that can be more readily pinned to taskbar for faster praise and easier use.

Hi Sarah, It's awesome to hear that you're finding Kudos so easy to use! We're also daily Kudos users, so we appreciate how important it is that it be user-friendly and intuitive. That's a great idea to have an app for desktop/laptop computers! There are a couple of ways that we can make Kudos more accessible; have you tried the Kudos browser extension? It allows you to send and receive Kudos...

MS

Michelle S.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

A nimble and easy platform that has an immediate and lasting positive impact on our team.

A quick, transparent and effective means of communication amongst our team on performance.

Pros

The ease and transparency that Kudos provides in allowing us to recognise employees' effort and contribution, fits perfectly within our culture of recognition and reward in a timely manner. Allows all our members of our team to appreciate each other. We have now been using for three years and it hasn't lost its momentum. We use as a tool to send announcements, newsletters, share corporate event photos - which brings our team back to the site which reinvigorates further use. Our team use the app at lunch breaks to send and like each other Kudos.

Cons

As we use pages for newsletters some more options around graphics would be great.

GG

Guada G.

Staffing and Recruiting, 501-1,000 employees

Great tool to recognise and motivate your team

Good tool to increase visibility among peer recognition, provide different layers of recognition for different jobs difficulties done, also allows company visibility at a team and individual level.

Pros

Easy to use tool that not only adds value to recognition at different levels, from a thank you all the way to an exceptional achievement, but also allows everyone in the company to be recognising, and to be recognised, at the same level. My team is a big fan of this tool, it encourages them to share feedback and recognise people around them, bringing visibility we might not have otherwise, as some of this recognition is so quick or specific it might be unnoticed if we didn't have this platform.

Cons

With the team being based in EMEA, at some points it's been a challenge to have flexibility in terms of rewards, in comparison with our peers in the US. However, over the past couple of years, we've not only seen a broader offer of local benefits, but the team have also shared some best practices that allow us to make the best use of our kudos.

KE

Kim E.

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Excellent way to pat your Co-workers on the back

My overall experience has been very positive.

Pros

What I appreciate most about Kudos is that on a my daily basis it provides a listing of the individuals in my company that are having birthday and/or work anniversary. I personally like this because it gives me an added layer of insight about my co-workers that is just told me with having to research. I grow-up in the South so it is natural for me to speak and greet my co-workers. I really like the fact that Kudos is an electronic way for me to do that to my co-workers

Cons

I would like for Kudos give out reminder that you have earned so many points, which is worth this much in reward.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

Kudos strengthens your bond with your colleagues!

Pros

I love how Kudos allows you to compliment your colleagues for the tasks and goals they accomplish along with sending some Kudos points which gives a sense of reward. Users are then able to redeem these points for money value which is a great incentive to work harder and gain more Kudos. The software allows for company-wide recognition as well which in turn motivates you and build self confidence.

Cons

The fact that we have to reach a certain number of points to redeem them sometimes bothers me as the maximum amount of points you can transfer at a time is 50 points and to redeem them you have to reach a minimum of 20,000 points. A more feasible way would be either to reward more points in a single post or decrease the minimum redemption target to 5000 points.

TC

Todd C.

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

Civil Engineering Firm - Culture Changing Recognition Program!

Our problems consisted of culture stagnation. Kudos acted as the jump start and continues to be the fuel driving conversations on accomplishments throughout the firm.

Pros

#1 - Simple to use. #2 - The biggest pro of this software was the instant effect it had on our culture. Before people were so caught up in the day-to-day, nobody took time to appreciate themselves or others. Now, with a few clicks of the mouse (while you're working on projects), you can recognize others for birthdays, anniversaries, and accomplishments. More now than ever, we are seeing people chatting in the hallway about personal things Kudos has brought out of them.

Cons

NOTHING! It is pure gold. The software is simple to use, the costs are great, and the feedback is nothing but positive.

KR

Kathy R.

Insurance, 5,001-10,000 employees

Kudos Use at Arch

I like the program and Kudos is easy to use. The ability to give someone a Kudos or just a message of thanks for a job well-done is important. A lot of times we get busy and can't always communicate directly so this platform lets us stay in touch.

Pros

I like the ease of moving around and finding what I need. It's easy to use, find the employee, grant the recognition and even select emoji's or pictures to make it fun.

Cons

The difference between Award and Recognition seems to confuse everyone, including myself. Award to me means someone is receiving something and Recognition means sending a message of thanks or something similar. These seem to be backwards to me but over time I've figured it out.

TD

Tiffany D.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Very Pleased Kudos User

I really enjoy Kudos. I enjoy receiving Kudos as well as rewarding hard working coworkers with Kudos points. Recently, there was an issue with my Kudos e-gift card not being sent to me electronically. I reached out to Kudos support team, and the issue was resolved in less than 24 hours. That is 5 star customer service. I would recommend Kudos to every business, company, and friend.

Pros

I like the software because it is easy to use. The idea behind Kudos is also original and it makes work a little more exciting to be rewarded for hard work.

Cons

I cannot think of a single con with the Kudos software.

AS

Angela S.

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great incentive

It's been fun- you get shout outs and you get the chance to connect with other people in the company you normally wouldn't get the opportunity to. I also love whenever there is a contest for prizes on Kudos or just Kudos themselves- it always makes my team and the whole company want to be the best they can be.

Pros

Its a great incentive program for employees to just do their daily tasks- with Kudos a lot of people go above and beyond for the chance at redeeming new items and receiving new awards.

Cons

No complaints! Kudos is a great program

GA

Greg A.

Legal Services, 201-500 employees

Kudos helps to enhance employee engagement

Pros

The Kudos platform has been a big success at our company. It provides an easy method of thanking our co-workers for assistance to recognizing them for a major accomplishment on a project. I enjoy reading the news feed of Kudos recognition throughout our organization. It helps me learn about many of the great things taking place throughout our company.

Cons

I've been using the Kudos platform for over 2 years and have not experienced any issues or concerns.

EG

Emily G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Feel Good, Doing Your Job!

My experience was Kudos is truly positive. I find my self connecting with more of my co-workers on a deeper level. It helps to encourage a positive work environment and overall strong mentality. When I get kudos, I instantly get a smile on my face and then want to give someone that same feeling by sending out my own!

Pros

Kudos is a wonderful platform that allows employees to feel connected with their co-workers in a positive way. The act of giving and receiving kudos helps to generate positive interoffice relationships. On are the more individual basis, this platform allows for instant gratification. By having this instant positive affirmation, I feel more encouraged to continue producing high-quality work.

Cons

I truly believe the platform is in a great spot. I sometimes wish there were more characteristics to choice from but other than that - no complaints!