Lattice Logo

Develop engaged and high-performing teams

Lattice Reviews

Suggested alternatives

employee-effectiveness
peoplebox
bamboohr

Lattice also has REALLY STRONG customer service. I'm also a member of Lattice's Resources for Humans community, which is a fantastic asset of all things People Ops best practice sharing.
I love literally everything about Lattice. It's intuitive, it's easy to navigate, the platform is wonderful, the customer support is amazing, the Help Chat with real live people is incredibly useful.
I love how Action Items and Agenda Items roll over to the next 1:1. And the Slack/Lattice integration for receiving and giving feedback is fantastic.
Lattice was implemented in my organisation and it's incredibly difficult to use.
The filter and search function is not very intuitive, but this could boil down to user error rather than faulty functionality.

Carmen W.

Director, People Enablement

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Lattice Review: Lattice, Ultimate People Team Enhancer!

Transcript

Carmen: Hi, my name is Carmen. I work with a small company, about 55 employees. I'm giving Lattice five...

Nina Noelle S.

Manager, People & Possibilities

Events Services, 51-200 employees

Lattice is a great tool that helps us incorporate our values and goals into the software.

Transcript

Nina: My name is Nina, I am an HR manager in the events industry, and I give Lattice a five out of five....

Andrei P.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

Lattice is the management software that brings something new other than something more.

Lattice is the management software that really brings something different to the table. It does not "fight" with it's competitors but rather complements them. The human focused aspect of it makes Lattice a great management tool to use along with the others ones and it works really well.

Pros

The human focused aspect of the software is excellent. It has many tools and they work really well, as a result you can view the different HR aspects of the work proccesses.

Cons

Because it is a people management platform it can sound not as resourceful as it's competitors.

KB

Katy B.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Employee Engagement at its Finest!

It is a great tool, easy to use and simple to set up. The Lattice team is incredible and always available to help troubleshoot, set up and guide us whenever the need arises.

Pros

The survey feature is a great tool for our company. We use this to gain valuable insights into the sentiments of employees regularly over the year. We also make use of the reviews feature twice a year to conduct our performance feedback cycles. These are wonderful tools for managers who have all the previous feedback, 1:1s, updates and other data from Lattice at hand when completing their performance reviews.

Cons

I find the data quite difficult to navigate with certain features. Some of the analytics are really amazing, and the info we get from the surveys is really wonderful. However, when it comes to more intricate reporting Lattice doesn't make it easy to find the data I am looking for. For example, figuring out which managers have not yet completed their downwards reviews.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Great tool for HR management

Amazing so far.

Pros

It’s very easy to stay human focused. Teams can fill in their OKRs and update their goals as they go, same for individuals. Tracking achievement as well is easy. Another great feature is being able to do 360 peer reviews (yourself, your manager and your teammates). I also love the fact that you can praise your colleagues privately or publicly.

Cons

It might seem hard to find your way around if it’s your first time using Lattice. Linking goals of individuals to team goals for instance can be tricky. But as any software, after some time using it, it becomes easier.

MM

Maggie M.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

We love Lattice!

I've only been at my company for a short while, but I implemented Lattice in an old role 4 or 5 years ago. It's been incredible to watch the journey of product development and growth over the years. In general, I've had a really easy time getting help or support where I need it.

Pros

Lattice sits at the center of many of our management practices. We leverage the Updates feature to create valuable time in 1:1s, which we also manage in Lattice. We also use their Goal and Growth modules to manage OKRs and Individual Development Plans, respectively, allowing us to track and drive conversations between managers and teams. This also creates a ton of transparency for us as an organization.

Cons

Some of the survey and review administration can be less than intuitive to find or implement. Keep building out reporting and a UX-focused admin panel!

BE

Brian E.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Five Stars for Lattice

Pros

Lattice is very easy to use and their customer support is stellar. Not only does the HR team love it but employees say it is the best system they have ever used too!

Cons

From time to time there are little glitches. But nothing the customer service team can not assist with. If there is no work around to a problem we can leave product feedback and it is taken seriously.

SP

Sarah P.

Internet, 201-500 employees

Great User Experience

Pros

Lattice creates a great user experience for both employees and administrators. It's easy to use, aesthetically pleasing, and makes performance management tasks more efficient.

Cons

Lattice still lacks some features that would be helpful to my team, such as the ability to download parts of the org chart instead of the entire chart.

MP

Maya P.

Government Relations, 201-500 employees

My review

Pros

I like the performance review and survey capabilities. I like that you can filter survey data by role, gender, performance, etc.

Cons

I wish that the compensation module was included in the base product. I also wish that you could track performance reviews of a single person across time and download them all.

MG

Megan G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

LF review of Lattice

Overall, I like Lattice and we will continue to use it. There's just a lot to still get use to

Pros

Integrations, communication capability for review cycles, 1:1 functionality

Cons

Manager downward review not intuitive to open up the self reviews, Parent goals confusing, exports to CSVs and not excel

JG

Julie G.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 501-1,000 employees

Nice tool for Growing Companies

Pros

Lattice is very intuitive in it's design of end employee use. When unrolling new products, leaders and employees are able to absorb navigation fairly quickly

Cons

There's a lot of features that seem to be built off of specific customization or backend architecture set up that doesn't quite connect seamlessly across platforms. For example, some permissions are easily created for the engagement platform that are not available in the Performance Platform. Or there are Feedback Prompts built into the system, but they are not customizable.

CJ

Christine J.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Pro Lattice

We have consistently been wow'ed by our experience with both Lattice as a tool and the customer support.

Pros

The various tools and flexibility within the system. We also love the consistent upgrades and new feature releases. They are always seamlessly.

Cons

Some areas are a little more difficult to navigate but the support team has always come to the rescue.

RQ

Rachel Q.

Biotechnology, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

One-stop-shop for performance management

I like that this software is essentially a one-stop-shop for company-wide as well as individual performance management. It consolidates information and eliminates the need for multiple systems or individual files/spreadsheets. For goal setting, I really like how Lattice allows for transparency and collaboration.

Pros

My company uses Lattice extensively for company-wide OKR planning/tracking as well as individual employee goal setting. Lots of customizable features (e.g. can make goals visible to entire company, private to certain teams, or private to individuals). Great tool for capturing performance reviews and peer/360 feedback. Loved the level of automation and reminder emails. The software can also hep with preparing for and capturing conversations during 1x1 meetings with direct reports. Lastly, I thought the "pulse surveys" were a cool feature.

Cons

Sometimes the user interface can be a bit clunky; requires multiple clicks to get to where you want; next steps/where to click next are not always intuitive.

LM

Laura M.

Media Production, 51-200 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Great Tool for Company Performance Reviews

It seems there are several useful tools available to both supervisors and direct reports on Lattice, but it's unclear, at least at first glance, exactly what all these tools are, or how to best use them. Because of this, my company mainly only uses Lattice for performance review purposes. Perhaps more time spent watching tutorial videos could help us to better understand the other uses for Lattice, but I can't say the product as is fosters an immediate understanding of the full capability of the software.

Pros

Lattice is an excellent tool when it comes to issuing and completing performance reviews within a given company. Within my company specifically, department heads and supervisors are able to easily issue a set of questions to their direct reports with ease, choosing either a written or number-based response option for each question. Past performance reviews are saved within the system and available...

Cons

The user interface is a bit confusing, in that it's not immediately clear what each tab on the Web sidebar does, or what information it contains. When you navigate to the "People" tab, you're able to view individual people, teams, and the full company, as well as milestones, company updates, and OKRs. But there is also another separate tab for OKRs available in the sidebar. The organization of the interface seems that it could certainly be a bit more streamlined, and clear, and perhaps explanations of what each tab is for and how to use it could enable users to better utilize its tools.

ZY

Zach Y.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

A Great Way to Track Career Progression & Professional Growth

Overall Lattice is a great tool to ensure you are feeling fulfilled and committing yourself to professional growth. Our company uses this in every department and I think most employees appreciate that the firm is committed to helping employees progress toward personal, professional, and lifestyle goals.

Pros

I really like knowing where my performance is at and where there's room to improve/grow. It's easy to keep ongoing 1 on 1 conversation with my manager tracked and managed in the system. I also really appreciate the opportunity to set personal goals that align with team initiatives and to reflect on past goals to see how I am progressing. We use the system for personal goals, team goals, and OKRs, and for career development! It's simple to use and effective when the entire team buys into using the tools.

Cons

There is a lot of functionality, so it could be confusing to some users at first. At our firm the People Mgmt team had built out how-to guides and walkthroughs on how to optimize our individual profiles. Lattice also has a lot of documentation, so you'll be able to learn even if you feel confused or stuck with the various features/functionality of the system.

Very complete HR tool

Pros

We have used a lot of HR software before using Lattice. This one is the best so far. We have been able to track down our personal and team OKR, and update them as we go : it helps us stay in track. We also use it to get a better human management: getting to know each other to really admin things. They also have a very good customer service AND their webinars are amazing.

Cons

It can be hard to use at first but once you put your hand on it, it's very easy to get used to it.

AI

Amara I.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Tracking Performance through One on One.

Performance has really being simplified using lattice.

Pros

Measuring Performance with lattice is very objective, it give you opportunity for weekly Performance review with your subordinate through tracking projects and reviewing results. You also have the opportunity of documenting your agenda and following up with success and providing feedback.

Cons

Non that I can think of about lattice at the moment.

JC

Jennifer C.

Market Research, 51-200 employees

Lattice Review

Pros

I like the intuitive platform lattice provides for all user experience. The data insights are very powerful in driving engagement and usage.

Cons

Some of the reports I try to download are a bit messy to deal with/clean up for quick stats.

AA

Allie A.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Great for the workplace!

Being able to easily track my goal, as well as the progress of my goal, has made it very easy to reach it and stay organized

Pros

Lattice allows me to easily set my goals and track my progress! It also makes it easy to set up time with my manager, and give and receive feedback! It's a great program for the workplace!

Cons

Overall, I have not noticed any issues with the software. It is pretty straight forward.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Helpful software to help organize company 1-on-1 and performance reviews.

Even though there is some feature still lacking to this software, the team is very committed and are adding new features and upgrades every month. They listen to support request and are constantly asking customers about their experience using the product. This is great for a company because the software evolves with you. We now organize goals, reviews, and meetings using this tool. Many different teams use it, and most of our employees do like doing these activities.

Pros

I work at a company of roughly 80 people. We have been trying different tools for making 1-on-1 and performance reviews for the last 10 months. Lattice stood out in features related to making performance reviews. They are called review cycles. You can configure many different aspects about how will you run them. Stuff like duration, who will make reviews, are employees able to review peers and things like that.

Cons

In terms of handling 1-on-1 the system could be better. It seems they are making updates to the product and adding new feature constantly but something as important as a calendar integration was just added a couple of months ago.

HB

Helena B.

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Very Good and User-Friendly Product

Pros

I love the ease of use. When I joined the firm, I had no training in Lattice, but was able to easily navigate.

Cons

There currently isn't the ability to upload documents with a review or with feedback.

LG

Lauren G.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Great Product

We chose Lattice because of Lattice Goals and the ease of keeping everything about performance in one place. We are very happy users!

Pros

Love that everything is in one place. Writing reviews is so easy if employees use all the features on a regular basis: updates, 1:1, goals

Cons

There are some suggestions we have given on features- mostly on Lattice Goals. I wish some things could be added piecemeal. Grow is not widely used in our company, but for those that use it, we won't want them to lose it. It's be nice to be able to add it to those that want it.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Use daily

Truly fantastic. Love the marketing and product and resources.

Pros

I absolutely love the interface and ease of use. From cute features like office party to suggested 1:1 questions it beats asana for performance management.

Cons

I wish it integrated with sales force or clari to track team activity. I’m not sure it integrates with slack but there’s likely potential there.

JC

Justin C.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Updates feature is great, 1-1 features are great, goal setting needs some work

How to manage a team and get reports and updates from them

Pros

The weekly updates feature is incredibly useful to help me manage a large team quickly. It really is impactful to know how they are feeling on a weekly basis. Additionally, the 1-1s recording ability is very useful to help make 1-1s more productive.

Cons

The goal setting. Using it for setting a goal is unwieldy and aggravating. I haven't learned how to set it for negative goals (I.e. keep x below y%). It might be possible but it is not straightforward.

Jessica S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

Easy performance management

Pros

On the administrative side, the review cycle is easy to create. The steps are pretty straightforward and changes can easily be done. The tool is quite customizable. Reminders can be easily sent, re-opening, and closing the cycle as well. Our employees also find it really easy to use on the user side.

Cons

In different languages, we would need to be able to switch the language in french for the tool but this is not yet available

RH

Rebekah H.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Easy to use platform and has great potential

Pros

I love the props feature. I feel as though it’s a really quick and easy way to boost morale for folks. We have ours integrated with slack, which makes it easier than having to switch between apps. I also like that it’s just really straightforward and most features are easy to use.

Cons

I feel like some of my old review cycles get left on my homepage and it can be confusing during a new review cycle. I wish there were a way to record accomplishments/improvements throughout the year, so that you refer back to it when giving self reviews come review cycle time.

SM

Sara M.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Good tool for the purpose it has

Basically, we use it for monthly surveys, annual review process, own review and peer review. Then you can chekc the organzation chart with the information got it from Namely (basic information about job position, manager and department).The review process is very accurate, because you can deploy it as your convenience and launch and assign it to each department. Then, you can follow the advance and send reminders. As it's sync with Slack, you can see the notifications there.

Pros

Is very easy to manage. You can write your performance review cycle, apply it to each team and ask for the answers. Also, integrated with slack, is easy to notify all the employees about answer surveys, own review or peer review.

Cons

It's only for this purpose. It's only used for review, surveys and organization chart.