LearnUpon Reviews - Page 2

Riyaz A.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

A solid learning platform that we implemented in weeks versus months.

LearnUpon has given us a platform for onboarding, ongoing development, and compliance education for our employees, clients, and partners. We have cut down onboarding from months to weeks. The result is improved CSAT, improved time-to-value, and reduced risk.

Pros

Our organization went from no learning platform to LearnUpon in a matter of weeks. In the past, this process has taken me months with other vendors. LearnUpon's customer services is above average and, coming from me, this says a lot. I'm talking Sales, Account Management, Customer Success, Customer Support, and in fact any team member I have ever dealt with. Now, let's talk features and functionality. The implementation was straightforward and our SSO, Teams, and Zoom, integrations were easy. Since LearnUpon was built from the ground up, it has all the fundamental features that one needs to administer users, groups, courses, etc. and learn. My team and I are in the system on a daily basis and we have learners frequenting the system for onboarding, compliance, and development.

Cons

There are a few quirks though. Here are some examples. When a learner is disabled, there is no visual indicator until you click into their profile. There are workarounds; however, these are additional steps. It would be nice to add custom content to a learner's Home page. Also, I'd love a report that tells me what keywords were searched, which ones had results, and which ones did not.

Brandon H.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Hands down, Best LMS I have ever used.

The experience of working with Sales to discover the details of the product and transitioning to an Onboarding Specialist was easy. In the Onboarding phase, we meet weekly to make sure that we are meeting the targets of our transition plan. I appreciate that when I do stumble and can't figure something out, the LearnUpon team is always very quick to assist.

Pros

Ease of use and impeccable customer service!

Cons

I struggle to find something I don't enjoy about the software and the service.

JR

Jennifer R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Easy Deployment and Daily Management

The administrative time to implement and run the system on a daily basis has been drastically reduced. The product performs well and is reliable and accurate.

Pros

The user interface is easy to use and time from purchase to deployment is fast!

Cons

Learning paths could use some updates so learners can navigate along a journey.

LD

Leslie D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Wonderful LMS for our little nonprofit!

We've been partnered with LearnUpon for almost 10 years - that says it all!

Pros

LearnUpon's customer service is absolutely the best thing about them! They are customer-focused and it shows in everything they do!

Cons

Because we train outside of our organization, no LMS platform is perfect for our unique needs.

TS

Thomas S.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Fantastic support and great solution for corporate learning

Over the years I have been a very demanding customer and an ill tempered one at that when I was stressed out about things not at all related to the learning management system. Every time I was grumpy the support guys and gals were supportive and patient with me and focused on helping me in whatever query I had. I built my business with Learnupon as its backbone and never regret the decision. I am...

Pros

I found the LMS to be very user friendly and very importantly whenever I had an issue of a problem doing something, or as was more likely the case, whenever I screwed something up, the Learnupon support were there to save the day and provide a solution.

Cons

At the start (I am with them over 5 years now) I didn't like the e-commerce side but it was significantly improved over time and most importantly, an integration was created to work with Shopify and Zapier which has really transformed my business.

Brenna Z.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Admin-Friendly Platform with Great Customer Support

With a tight timeline to move off of our previous platform, we found the LearnUpon team to be extremely accommodating. Our onboarding & implementation specialist went above and beyond to dedicate additional training and support hours for our team, and helped us get up-and-running on the platform in record time. Their technical support team is extremely responsive and helpful, as is our dedicated CSM....

Pros

The LearnUpon platform is very easy to get started on; we had a quick turnaround to make from our previous vendor platform, and were able to get up-and-running in less than three weeks. Their multi-portal capabilities have made it fairly easy to manage our customer, employee, and partner training programs on one platform, while still being able to create unique learning experiences for our three audiences....

Cons

The capabilities of "Manager"-level users (a permission set that sits between and Admin and a Learner) are a bit limited. The learning path user experience is not the best, but is something that is on their product roadmap to improve. Not necessarily a drawback for us, but the platform UI is not customizable beyond branding and colors, and some additional settings that can be toggled on and off (like gamification, for example), so if you're looking for a platform that is highly customizable, this probably isn't a good fit for you.

PW

Philip W.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Intuitive, Aesthetic & Economical Solution with Rock Star Cx Support

When evaluating solutions, the LearnUpon sales team was responsive from day 1 -- you sometimes have sales teams who show up and read you their demo script, but LU showed up to listen first, and ask questions, and then demo how they could meet our needs. The trial version gave us an opportunity to test out branding and functionality requirements. Branding the trial portal to reflect our corporate...

Pros

Excellent blend of intuitive aesthetic design and functionality -- LU works the way we need it to work, as we partition projects across portals and clients into self-contained user groups. We're able to maintain our brand presence for clients, meet our organizational goals and our customers' needs effectively -- with little to no compromise on our vision. On top of this, LU customer support is the best in the business.

Cons

There's not much to not like about LearnUpon. The system continues to mature and improve incrementally with each release. More attention could (and is) being paid to Reporting capabilities. Functionality to nest Groups would also be helpful, or minimally the ability to copy an existing Group.

Jeanette S.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Easy for all with consistently responsive customer service

An excellent addition to the business that has freed up staff time for coaching activities, streamlined the training function and enabled us to deliver a more comprehensive supported learning pathway for a remotely based network of staff.

Pros

It is quick and easy to develop content without the need for complex software and programmers. Our interactive courses achieve 5 star reviews simply using the tools provided with the system. All of our candidates, which now number in the hundreds, are able to navigate the system and complete our courses on a wide range of devices. We were concerned that candidates would need technical support we would be unable to deliver. We did not need to worry, technical queries for candidates have been almost non existent. The small number raised by our administrators and course developers have been answered and resolved quickly thanks to LearnUpon’s fantastic team.

Cons

There isn’t anything we don’t like. More tools to help non developers create interactive courses would always be helpful in future developments to help us keep creating. One observation, the current pricing could divert small businesses from dipping their toe which would be a shame given they are the businesses that can most benefit from such a user friendly tool that doesn’t require an army of expensive developers, programmers and in-house computer experts.

CJ

Chris J.

Mining & Metals, 51-200 employees

Great Customer Service, Awesome Staff, and a Quality Product

We looked at twelve Learning Management Systems before choosing LearnUpon. We needed and LMS that would host on a reliable server they maintain, integrate with Salesforce easily, and not break the bank. LearnUpon has delivered on all points, and more. They met, and exceeded, all expectations and continue to improve every month. Our decision was made several years go. Since signing on with LearnUpon, I have had the pleasure of communicating with several staff members in various scenarios, and all of them are great. I have permission from the reps to call them out personally in this review as outstanding, kind, intelligent, and amazing humans. (To be fair, everyone at LearnUpon is pretty great, but the reps are just too cool for words.)

Pros

It always works; servers do not go down. Learner issues are minimal. Any problems are usually due to issues outside LearnUpon's control. 24-hour support response is quick, robust, and almost always dead-on. When you sign up, you get an account manager who helps you through your implementation to suit your workflows. The team actually listens to upgrade requests and bug reports. I know, because...

Cons

Support is via email. Sometimes it is time-consuming, or difficult, to communicate and resolve a problem in writing. That being said, I can always email my account manager for complex issues, who is happy to engage via a phone call; typically the same day. Things you want aren't always discoverable on your own. I have often called in to ask about a feature and am told someone has to flip a switch...

RS

Richard S.

LearnUpon: Very Satisfied Customer

I highly recommend LearnUpon to any training company serious about providing its customers with a superb eLearning experience. We invested heavily in developing stunning eLearning content and needed an LMS to match. After six months of trialing countless different systems I was losing hope of finding one, then I discovered LearnUpon and haven't looked back. I don't feel like I have just bought...

Pros

The perfect LMS for commercial training companies. Great customer portal functionality, with really smart branding and white labeling options that impress our clients and are easy to configure. The LearnUpon LMS is intuitive, versatile, smart and affordable. It has great exam and survey features; easy to build, great learner experience and with useful, detailed reporting with filter and export...

Cons

The few limitations of the system that I have fed back to LearnUpon have either been immediately addressed or are planned for imminent updates. LearnUpon are continuously developing the LMS, with new features released every few weeks. In their clear commitment to developing the product they really listen to any feedback and take immediate action to improve the product. LearnUpon are a small...

Shawn B.

Sports, 11-50 employees

LearnUpon Review

We use LearnUpon to help onboard and train our customer base. We used to do all 1-on-1 training calls which we often found was slow, expensive and not scalable. We decided to rethink how we get our customers educated on the product and found LearnUpon as a potential solution. Since we have implemented the LearnUpon software into our onboarding process, our customers are learning much quicker and able to learn when it's convenient for them resulting in a faster, cheaper and more effective learning experience.

Pros

The ability to create groups and implement dynamic rules within those groups has really allowed us to automate a big portion of the learning experience. The product has been very easy to use and the training materials they supply to you in addition to the implementation consultant made it an enjoyable process. We had not used a LMS prior to LearnUpon so it was very easy to set it up from scratch and learn best practices as we go.

Cons

We really don't have anything negative to say about LearnUpon at the moment as it's done exactly what we hoped it would do and more. Excited to watch it continue to iterate and grow as we do.

Chris S.

Sports, 51-200 employees

Wonderful product and customer service

We have a LOT of users that access our certification courses in LearnUpon. Some days we have over 1000 users logging in. This was a big undertaking for our company to switch our LMS provider. To be honest, the implementation and subsequent usage of LearnUpon could not have gone smoother due to the customer service response and the step by step collaboration they provided for us. This was a very seamless and efficient experience for USA Football.

Pros

The best part of this software is the customer service. I have used several LMS products in my career and, while LearnUpon is very user friendly and has many helpful options, the learning curve for implementation and use was made very easy with the customer support team.

Cons

The parts that were least likable about this software was perhaps the limited ability to change default settings. However, it appears that LearnUpon has taken this into account and are now working on some updates to the software that better align with our needs.

Sd

Sharon d.

Education Management, self-employed

Best LMS Hands Down

This LMS offers me a method of creating and sharing my courses with my clients and others. My business would not be where it is today, without LearnUpon.

Pros

I have been working with the folks at LearnUpon for almost 6 years. As an Administrator responsible for managing and branding my learning portal as well as developing customized courses for clients, I cannot say enough good things about it. The staff are incredibly quick to respond, are clear with their responses and want to be of assistance. They score a 10 every time with their customer service....

Cons

There are none that I can think of. I absolutely love this LMS and the people who stand behind it.

TR

Trevor R.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great ROI from LearnUpon & Postive User feedback

LU has enabled Eason to deliver impactful skills development modules and critical knowledge-building interventions with assurances on accuracy and consistency across our store-based workforce. This is achieved without any demand being placed on critical resource in store to deliver new knowledge and skill to the team. I continue to find the LU solution for Eason represents considerable return on our investment. User feedback on programmes hosted on our LU portals strongly suggest that our employees enjoy the learning experience on offer.

Pros

With a workforce in excess of 1,000 employees, many of whom have worked with Eason for over 15 years, almost all staff whether 'tech-savvy' or not, have found our LearnUpon portals to be easy to access, navigate and use. LearnUpon have made it easy to customise the look and feel of the portal with corporate colours and branding. This has helped to establish online learning within Eason as part of...

Cons

Very little. Perhaps some additional reporting criteria would be useful when tracking progress across numerous user groups.

DC

Daniel C.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

eLearning for our Customers

Pros

We are currently utilizing LearnUpon for both internal and customer-facing coursework at our company. The learning portals is a great way to separate these courses. I will say the support is by far my favorite thing - every time my dept has had an issue our CSM and support assignees were quick to jump on a call, respond to an email, and even followed up to make sure we were happy. Top notch.

Cons

I do wish there was an easier way to showcase which courses should be taken before other courses - we are constantly adding courses and want to make sure the most useful learning paths are still displayed front and center. Prerequisite courses would be a nice feature (IE - Course A must be completed before Course B even appears. Or even better, course B appears but clearly states course A must be completed first.

KM

Kenneth M.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Over ten years

I have been using LearnUpon for over ten years, first for the nations largest machine trades association and then as my own LMS provider. This group will not let you down if you are looking for a great educational platform/ LMS

Pros

Ease of use and customer support as well as cost / value for all the features

Cons

I found no cons with LearnUpon.. the entire LMS experience is wonderful

sG

stephen G.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Great product backed by a super team of people!

We were one of the early clients and the one factor that consistently keeps us using the platform, above all else, is the fact the level of service from day one (when LearnUpon was only starting out) was amazing. As they have grown to become a leader in the LMS space, that level of service has never changed.

Pros

We have both used and engaged (via clients) with a broad range of LMS products. The LearnUpon solution is by far one of the easiest and effective solutions we have come across. They are constantly looking to increase functionality and in my opinion are working at the edge of the latest developments in LMS solutions.

Cons

Honestly very little! I would like more flexibility around messaging as we deal with both the B2B market and also the B2C. The latter requires more frequency around messaging but we have found simple solutions to work alongside the LearnUpon platform.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Excellent LMS!

This is perhaps the best experience I've ever had with a new product roll out. The customer service is leaps and bounds over any other company I've ever worked with.

Pros

We love the ease of use and the clean UI. It was really simple to jump in and start setting up our portal and when we got hung up they offer tons of resources to help you out. On the off chance that I couldn't find the answer, the LU team has always quickly answered me and I don't believe I've waited over a few hours for an answer from them.

Cons

The certificates are a little wonky, but I've been assured they are working on an update for this feature.

JB

Jodi B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Learn Upon - Wonderful LMS and Customer Service!

Customer Service is Awesome - we receive a prompt response to any question from our LearnUpon customer service rep and team, as well as friendly support and assistance throughout implementation of our employee training.

Pros

Our Learn Upon customer representative is fantastic, along with the entire customer service team. The LMS is extremely user friendly from the standpoint of creating courses, up-loading and customizing content. Our employee-related user issues have significantly decreased since switching to Learn Upon.

Cons

Can't really think of anything negative - any issues that are raised are immediately addressed.

SC

Stephen C.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

A fantastic LMS. Well-designed, regular updates, excellent customer service.

Pros

LearnUpon's features are robust, but it is still simple to use. It's easy to maintain on the admin side, and I don't get questions from my learners about "where do I click." I can't say enough about the quality of service LearnUpon provides to its customers. My LearnUpon rep regularly contacts me to ask about our needs and to keep me informed of new features. Tech support responds to any issues I have within hours, and they'll work until the issue is completely resolved. LearnUpon actually listens to its customers when deciding what features to add or update. Great company, great product.

Cons

As a non-profit organization, most of our e-learners are voluntary. We depend on learners' self-motivation to continue learning, so we would value more features (such as social sharing) that help users stay engaged with the platform.

KA

Kevin A.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Great LMS for getting started

Overall positive experience. Easy to get started, and does the job.

Pros

Easy to get up and running quickly. Low cost with comparable features to other vendors.

Cons

There are a few things that just aren't as configurable as I'd like. I've asked to change their how their expiration dates work several times but it does not seem to be a priority (it currently expires before the day it tells you for those in the US)

AK

Amanda K.

Unbeatable customer service and constantly evolving

LearnUpon's mission was to build an LMS that is quick to setup, super easy to use and backed up by exceptional customer support. They have, without a doubt, succeeded on all three goals. I was up and running with my first course in minutes. The interface is intuitive, easy on the eyes, and super clean. My clients have benefited from LearnUpon's quick portal set-up. I have been able to create customized...

Jeremiah M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Easy to use for admins and learners alike

LearnUpon was easy to initially set up and easy to use. It allowed us to scale our training and provided continuity of service during the pandemic

Pros

What I like best about LearnUpon is that it has all of the function we need, but it is never cumbersome to use.

Cons

There is nothing that stands out as something I dislike

NH

Nicole H.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

Best Platform for Onboarding New Employees

The one-on-one support we got from their Success Team is unmatched (you're the best, [sensitive content hidden]!). They provide you with ALL of the tools you need to get your platform up and running, work alongside and encourage you the whole way.

Pros

After using it for several months, I still cannot get over how easy it is to use. I wish we would have made the jump to this LMS a long time ago.

Cons

The price is a bit high for the non-profit organization I work for, even with a discount.

BB

Brian B.

Food Production, 51-200 employees

Excellent Customer Support & Easy to use!

Our training can be done remotely and without very little help from us for setup and use. Keeps the trainee more interested in learning. Less worry about having to redo old PowerPoint Slides and other documents Constantly.

Pros

I like how easy it is to cost, setup, management, ease of use, branding per company and remote connection from anywhere you have an internet connection. Above everything else the Customer Support is Outstanding and one of the main reasons we chose this company.

Cons

The video functionality and importing. We had to buy a 3rd party app to product content because it LearnUpon does not support certain file types or editing. The upload can take a while depending on how much content and bandwidth you have. We actually found that using a 3rd party app for our videos works better for us than most other software can offer. Ultimately, this inst that bad of a trade-off for the customer support and constant functionality updates to the program.