Lever Reviews - Page 2

We have loved our switch to Lever!

Pros

We implemented Lever at the beginning of this year and are very happy overall with our switch. We originally chose to go with Lever because we liked how "candidate-centric" this platform was over other systems. We wanted an ATS that streamlined our application process, screening, and made scheduling a breeze and overall, we have found that! The implementation and customer service team has been top-notch...

Cons

The ease of use of reporting could be better, but Lever seems to be continually pushing out new updates.

Simple to use, candidate centric, great nuture product. Reporting needs work

We selected our ATS primarily on User Experience and Cost. We shortlisted Greenhouse and SmartRecruiters and went with Lever. This is a candidate centric system, focused on user experience. Having used a number of large tier 1 systems which are clunky, unable to integrate with third parties (or make it difficult), it has taken some getting used to but I LOVE IT.

Pros

Lever is so easy to use. Our hiring managers jumped straight in with little to no training and are engaged in the recruitment process. Lever Nuture has allowed me to increase reach out email response rates by at least 50%. The ability to personalise and automate emails is a time saver and provides for an awesome candidate experience. Customer Service is excellent, responsive and sets realistic expectations. From a recruiters perspective it is easy to move through the platform, screens aren't cluttered, minimal clicks and loads of integrations with other API's. Very patient team. We've had a few changes in the team and Lever Support and Customer Success has been extremely helpful in reptition of training in short time frames.

Cons

We're based in Australia and unfortunately by the time a ticket is responded to it is a day later. If the response is not clear or not what we were looking for, then we wait for another day. Reporting is challenging due to the seperation of Requisition Reports (Lever Intelligence) and Job Postings. Manager dashboards do not provide the transparency required (based on what our business wants to see). Should have customisable dashboards. We have a decentralised model where Head of Engineering for example can't see Engineering roles as they directly report into a Product Team. It's not easy to customise, and quite difficult to understand.

Love using this ATS

Overall, I have always enjoyed using Lever and have appreciated the feature and integrations updates they have continued to make over the years which has definitely improved the ease of use.

Pros

I have been a champion for Lever since I began using it over 4 years ago. It's an ideal ATS for small recruiting teams and has helped streamline the recruiting process while being the source of record for candidates. The platform has great integrations with sourcing tools, hiring platforms, and new-hire tools like background checks and HRIS systems. Overall, I have really enjoyed my time using this platform.

Cons

The cost can be pretty high for the basic software so I'm some smaller companies or startups would not be able to afford this technology. I've always struggled with the reporting section. I find it highly confusing and I don't always feel the data is 100% correct. This can be hard as reporting on data in Recruiting is very important, and you want that data to be correct if sharing it with the leadership team or hiring managers.

Overall great experience

Pros

We wanted something that could be implemented quickly and easily, it was also important that the price made sense for the value. We've found that the system is intuitive and allows us to keep track of candidates in an organized meeting. Lever has provided all of this. The UI is super intuitive. The learning period for comfortably navigating the system and time to value was minimal. This has been a...

Cons

Reporting could be more robust - more funnel reporting and visualizations in the reporting section.

Easy and useful tool but often needs work arounds for special processes.

Pros

- easy to navigate - simple setup and settings management - easy tracking of candidates and pipeline - bulk actions - collaboration: Notes features and secret notes - Organization of tool, specifically on profiles: easy to find information and like that the features are separated out (Notes, Feedback, etc.) - Integration with GCal and Gmail and Docusign - can have agencies submit into the tool - customizable feedback forms

Cons

- hard to customize certain processes - can't customize access for all employees - some features are unclear without explanation; help text sometimes doesn't provide clarity for the functionality - difficult to build future pipelines or "project folders" for future sourcing - agencies can't track their candidates in the tool (agency portal) so we have to manually keep them updated - overall management of everyone's Lever access -- experienced many bugs in the backend and reoccurring issues

Great Alternative to Google Hire

Since Google Hire was going away, Lever stepped up to challenge of meeting our hiring needs. We've been pleased with the customer service and support after working with them recently.

Pros

We've been so pleased with the support team at Lever. As we switch/transition from Google Hire, they've been incredibly helpful to make sure this is a seamless and stress-free process. It can be nerve wracking when switching products, especially when you want to make sure that candidates don't fall through the cracks or worrying over potentially losing important historical data. The Lever team has held our hand through the entire process and it has been a very pleasant transition.

Cons

The price point is average, perhaps a little higher for a hiring platform. They do have quite a bit of integrations available, so I understand that the cost covers quite a bit of work that went into this tool but it can be difficult when you want to cherry pick and maybe don't need all the bells and whistles.

Top-notch ATS

I have ~10 years of recruiting experience, Lever is by far the best ATS in my opinion. The pipeline-centric product was very intuitive, came with great functionality, including Google/ Slack/ DocuSign integration. Love the UI, easy to follow/ track our job postings and candidates. The UI was excellent, most of my team took very little time to get comfortable with this platform - a big boost for employee participation in recruitment. We have a very small recruiting team, Lever really made a huge difference to the way we manage the candidate journey. Bonus: Excellent sales and customer support team, it's always a joy to work with them!

Pros

The product was very intuitive, and came with great functionality, including Google/ Slack/ DocuSign integration. Love the pipeline design, easy to follow/ track our job postings and candidates. The UI was excellent, most of my team took very little time to get comfortable with this platform - a big boost for employee participation in recruitment. We have a very small recruiting team, Lever really made a huge difference to the way we manage the candidate journey. Bonus: Excellent sales and customer support team, it's always a joy to work with them!

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say about Lever.

Great ATS, very efficient customer support, and simple/user friendly tool for recruiters & hiring managers

When we screened other ATS vendors, before making the choice to partner with Lever, we sensed that Lever was the best team & had the best product on the market. Now that we've been using Lever for more than 8 months, I am confident it was the best choice, and they've been exceeded our expectations so many times!

Pros

Unlike other ATS that are cluttered / not logical, Lever is simple and makes sense! We've been using it for 8 months now, and our recruiters & hiring teams love it. From an admin point of view, I also value the great quality of the customer success team, and the implementation teams. They provide almost real-time support, are very efficient, and always friendly! Finally, the product is constantly evolving, and takes into account our own improvement requests, which feels like we're really partnerring with Lever.

Cons

Almost no access to reporting for recruiters, only 'admin' roles can access reporting, which had lead us to open the role "admin" to more people than what we initially wanted to. But the build-in reports are really useful. There can be some data inconsistencies when it comes to reporting. Some data don't stock memory of changes, which is a challenge when we want to look deeper into more advanced historical reports.

The Recruitment Tool You Really Need

Overall, I think Lever's by far the best product on the market for those who are focusing on sourcing for good candidates for jobs. This tool is the most efficient one I've seen: I single-handedly ran 200 senior candidates through the tool via sourcing in my first month at work, from sourced to 2X hires. Saying that, the sales process could be better and they're a bit unnecessary when it comes to additional features. All in all, grit your teeth and just do it. It'll turn Recruitment into an organised, and very professional flow in a matter of days.

Pros

- Time Efficient: LinkedIn extension, and the flow of the work means 1 person can manage 100s of candidates: and survive. - The Sourcing Dream: if you're sourcing candidates it's your best friend: it takes me 30 seconds to onboard a new lead - Customisable interview sheets: it's so easy to give feedback on a candidate once you get going. -,Wonderful Onboarding Support: once you've made the decision your onboarding support is impressive, professional, and great.

Cons

- Price: it's not cheap, but the price does vary according to company size. It's worth it if you've hired anyone dedicated to recruitment. - Integrations: things like a Slack integration are unnecessarily pricey features. The same comes for the amount of integrations (not that many) as well as the price tag to do each one (something as necessary as a DocuSign integration costs serious cash). That limits you, and feels annoying. - Sales process: it's not the best sales experience. They aren't flexible on things like multi-year deals, or any way to help you line up the Product with your current budget. That makes no sense.

Leading ATS for a Reason

We didn't have a good ATS prior to Lever, so this is solving every possible problem.

Pros

Lever is a fantastic ATS for growing companies looking for a more robust system. The add-on of Nurture helps support talent acquisition, which is a differentiator in the ATS market. Lever makes it super easy to schedule interviews, create feedback forms (and make sure they're filled out), etc. It helps keep everyone accountable on all sides. The onboarding was quick and easy (shout out to Rain!).

Cons

I wish I could manually upload a CSV of candidates to a job

I had implemented other ATS in the past and my experience with LEVER has been swift and interactive.

As the lead HR person of this implementation - I found the transition and the different features of LEVER to be useful, up-to-date, and the thoughtful implementation project details that was being presented to me.

Pros

User friendly as both a user (testing the product) and a administrator ( migrating candidates from another ATS with good instructions) Did not experience any "system crash" during the transition - reliable system. Automation features have worked smoothly to ensure positive applicant experience and HR experience. Reporting ( data collection ) is easy to gather and serves the needs for presentation to our internal customers.

Cons

In addition to Google Chrome would like to see LEVER be able to optimize its performance using other platforms to for applicants who do prefer to use other search engines. From a presentation/ branding standpoint, prefer to have the logo appears in the resume received/thank you for applying emails to candidates. When migrating active candidates from the other ATS to LEVER, have to first saved...

Quality ATS, though not the most user friendly

Using Lever has been a good experience for our team overall - it's centralized all of our recruiting operations in a single platform, making it easier to track candidates and hire them!

Pros

Lever has all of the features you would expect in an ATS - an easy to set up careers page, configurable roles and permissions, feedback forms, customizable steps in the interview process, scheduling, and more.

Cons

New team members often find it unintuitive to figure out how to add feedback. I also don't like the lack of formatting options in the feedback text boxes - for example, bullets copied in from a Word or Google Doc are lost, resulting in garbled text.

Lever - Some Great, Some Not So Great

We were looking for an ATS that had a positive candidate experience, was accessible across all mobile devices, and was easily customisable for our needs. For the most part, we have achieved those goals by migrating to Lever.

Pros

I love the easy way that you can customise your recruitment process, application, and communication templates. The candidate experience is really smooth and easy.

Cons

If a candidate has submitted multiple applications while an active candidate, all hiring managers that have jobs that the candidate has applied to can see all active applications. This is not good from a privacy perspective, and also manager maturity (or immaturity) means that this information can count against a candidate. It also does not have traditional ATS functionality like automatically transitioning a job from "advertising" to "closed / not accepting new candidates", bulk pdf or print options, and you cannot easily view job details when you're viewing candidates. We also had some issues with integrations that Lever said could happen - but ultimately could not happen.

You CANNOT find a better ATS

EVERYTHING about leading a talent function is easier with Lever.

Pros

The ability to easily implement and adopt this software was critical and a major reason we decided on Lever. Given company wide adoption was necessary for our new ATS, ensuring we found something that everyone from Talent to Engineering, and everything in between would be comfortable with was key. Lever makes it easy for everyone, at all different levels, to get value from the platform. Since adoption, the participation around recruitment activity such as referrals and interview feedback has dramatically increased.

Cons

It honestly becomes a bit difficult for me to think of a true "con" to this software. Anytime there has been an update or new feature that i thought wasn't the right way to go, I've been completely wrong. The Lever team listens to their customers, understands our needs, and delivers on it before we even have a chance to know it was something that needed to be fixed. If I REALLY had to think of something, it would be that I can't group my users by team in administrative settings. It would be great to search by team/group vs. name.

The best ATS I've found

Having past experience from using Lever, I knew it was my go-to ATS when I started my own recruitment company. Although not originally intended for external recruitment agencies, I find it to be a useful tool for our work as well – as a result we might not use all the features (e.g. the agency platform), but for all intents and purposes it's the best tool I've found. Customer service has been great, the only downside being that as there's no local support in Europe, we usually have to wait until the next day to get a reply. Not a big issue, but worth noting anyway. If you want to customize the recruitment pipeline steps and archive reasons you can't do it yourself, so in that sense it's not the fastest tool to modify on the go. Still, it's a great tool overall!

Pros

- Ease of use - Useful features - Customer service - Integrations and extensions

Cons

- No local support in Europe --> takes a while to get replies to queries - Customization has to be done through Lever support, can't update the recruitment pipeline or archive reasons by yourself - The job ads created through Lever don't look very nice

Great platform to work comfortably with candidates, hiring managers and hr professionals alike

Pros

We like the ease of use, logical and clean interface both for the candidates and internal professionals. We also are extremely happy with the ability to keep track and analyze our processes. As we are dispersed over 25 countries, Lever makes collecting data simple and straightforward. The scheduling function has been greeted with enthusiasm and we believe we have saved quite a lot of time through this...

Cons

We can't customize everything! Or was it a good thing? Initially we had problems setting up user groups with correct access rights as we were not 100% sure of the exact rights (although these were described in Lever in detail), we gained the security through experiencing - that was the best option.

Increased agility and transparency.

Pros

I love that it is so user friendly. My previous ATS was really clunky, and there seemed to be a variety of ways to do the same thing - therefore I was constantly worried about consistency and reliability of the reports I was running and the data I was using. Lever works seamlessly with Gmail, it allows me to reduce the admin time involved in the interview process through automation and in-built scheduling...

Cons

I like Lever and look forward to proposed improvements

I like Lever in general, somewhat expensive, but good feature integration with email and calendars. Easy to use, though some functionality still suffers. Overall I'd say 3.5-4 stars out of 5. Especially considering I have never created an ATS and likely don't know what kind of effort is required to have some of these features corrected.

Pros

UI is nice, scheduling, manager/candidate/recruiter communication platform, customization of stages and email templates. Candidate categorization ...it's a great platform for less technical roles and if you have all the questions, feedback forms, and email templates in place it works well. The feedback reminders can be a good thing, but like any good thing, too much of a good thing can become a bad thing.

Cons

Adding feedback takes a few additional steps if not there, very manual process if the right feedback is not attached. Should be allowed to add feedback straight from that area, instead you have to click buttons or add a note.

Would recommend the product!

Pros

1. I love the customized pipeline. My pipeline has a lot of stages, built just for me and each morning I can see exactly which candidates are in Outreach Day 1, Outreach Day 2, etc. I can see, at a glance, which calls I need to make that day and on one screen I have everything I need - phone, email address, resume, my prescreen notes, etc. 2. Huge fan of adding tags to each candidate, I can see...

Cons

1. Our forms are very formatted and structured, migrating our lengthy interview forms into the feedback function has taken some work and re-working. 2. The candidate is unable to "register" on our website to receive alerts when a position opens up that they are qualified for. 3. The calendar/scheduling function was geared around Google calendars, we are on Outlook, so we would like to see the visual training guides revised to be more inclusive.

Smooth experience for hiring managers and interviewers.

Pros

The best part about Lever is their front facing experience for Managers and Interviewers. The ability to review candidates, submit feedback, and schedule candidates is smooth for our internal / external stakeholders to use. Their support team is also very responsive and friendly on finding solutions.

Cons

The biggest pain point is the Lever Talent Intelligence (LTI) & Reporting functionality. While there is a lot of data, there is not an easy way to create and view reports using either in-app or LTI functions for our executive leaders to digest. There is a significant time commitment from our recruiting team to pull all the data into reports to show even basic KPIs in an easily digestible format for our executives and leaders. However, with that said, it is better than many other ATS platforms & their team is constantly working to improve thier products which is appreciated.

Lever took us to the next level

Great product - have not regretted our move. We're hiring faster than ever, and the company seems much more aligned in hiring.

Pros

- From the very beginning, Lever was high-touch and hands on with their implementation. This made what I thought would be the hardest part of the process very easy. - Great UI, very intuitive. Far easier to get hiring managers to use a product that operates so easily. - Built for collaboration. The product makes gathering feedback very simple and with customized feedback forms, it saves a lot of time--no longer are we chasing people around to get feedback. Candidates are much more satisfied. - Open to suggestions. We've had issues or requests with the product that Lever has been very receptive to. I love that we can look forward to a constantly improving product.

Cons

- Reporting can be a bit limiting, but that comes with the territory when you have a product that is this easy and intuitive. - Scheduling through Google Calendars (as some competitors do) would be a really nice plus.

Clean Functionality, but Major Flaws

Pros

Lever has made a great many clever, intelligent design choices. For example, color coding makes for a clean UI with clear calls to action, so that when a candidate needs to be scheduled for an interview, a big blue "schedule" button appears next to their name.

Cons

Our company recently made a terrible discovery about some secret Lever functionality. It turns out that some our top executives have been somehow put on a secret "Suppressions List" which caused all of the messages being sent to them within Lever to be blocked. Many of these messages were time sensitive and mission critical. As a result of this "secret suppression", several top candidates bottlenecked...

Completely changed our experience

Overall, I’m pleased that we made the transition.

Pros

Both the candidate experience exponentially improved and the hiring managers love being in the system and having access to potential hires. On the recruitment side : Lever is pretty intuitive. Functionality and features are similar to social media sites you’re likely already using. The turn around time for implementation was pretty impressive given the nature of our organization’s federated model. The team is helpful and accessible throughout implementation. Transitioning into support was bitter sweet but the team has been just as great. The system doesn’t have everything we want but the Lever team does make a concerted effort to solution with us on other options or discussing whether it can be put on the road map.

Cons

Reporting could use some enhancements. We have multiple instances that we had created for our organization but there isn’t a way that allows for insight into all of them from a macro perspective.

Fool-proof navigation & great support team

Pros

Navigating Lever is extremely easy, you can work with their support team to customize how you break down your candidate pipeline so that hiring managers in the field who don't fully understand recruiting or the interview process, can easily jump in and still know where to go and what to do. Their Account Management and Support Teams are fantastic and extremely helpful! Their team truly cares about my company and wants us to grow and succeed. Additionally, they have been flexible with me on many different topics to make my experience better.

Cons

The reporting features need a bit of work, they get the job done, but you have to really dig in and experiment to fully understand how each report functions. It only pulls reports in lists of candidate info, would be nice if it gave me exportable hard numbers.

Feedback

We switched to Lever from Ghire to automate and improve operational tasks, customize flow and recruiting stages and for better candidate experience as well. I would like to admit that everyone at Lever were very friendly and wanted to help. We were pleased to cooperate with the Account executive - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], when we decided which ATS to work with and sign a contract. Then, when we already set up the transition and data transfer to Lever, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] - Customer Success helped us and everything went very easily and as conveniently as possible for us. Thank you!

Pros

The system has a lot of different possibilities in order to do outbound and inbound search, many different functions - it is convenient change the candidates stages. I really liked that we can configure everything for yourself, customize almost every step.

Cons

Would be great to have offer approvals without Docusign. Other cons aren't discovered :)