LinkedIn Jobs Reviews - Page 2

5,610 reviews

Job Postings and Applications with Ease

I really love it when applying for jobs, and consider it a very useful tool for recruiters.

Pros

I have mostly used LI Jobs as a user, not as HR staff (even though we used it in my old company). As a user, aka using it to find jobs, it is easy- I really like that every company page has a separate "jobs" tag so if you like a company, you can easily see all open positions. When looking for a job, I use it daily. As HR staff, it is also easy to use. The pricing is a bit disputable, as with all LI paid products (like the sales navigator)- but ok. Companies have got to make money somehow, and I consider job ads on Linkedin to be very effective.

Cons

As posting jobs- the pricing. Otherwise, as job searching person, I would prefer it if it were only submitting a one click resume, and recruiters wouldn't sometimes reroute to their portal. I hate applying twice. But this is not really Linkedin's fault.

The highest quality hiring solution for companies and candidates

Pros

LinkedIn Jobs is the most reputable job board among professionals. It offers the highest quality candidates, and has the highest quality job postings compared to sites such as Indeed and Angellist. As a candidate, LinkedIn Jobs was always my go-to website, since it always had the most attractive companies and good transparency in terms of expected compensation. In terms of the application process, LinkedIn's one-click easy apply is by far the greatest quality of life benefit that a job board can provide.

Cons

The matching system that matches candidates with jobs based on their listed skills seemed less useful to me, as it often used skills that I am proficient with, but would prefer not to work with. I'd like some way to highlight skills and domains that I am particularly interested in. I also would like a better salary sharing system, or integration with Levels.fyi, which I've found to be an invaluable tool in evaluating companies.

LinkedIn is the go-to software for job seekers!

LinkedIn is by far the best software for job seekers. the jobs, the connections, the company details, and the ability to share profiles with recommendations attached to various jobs within your career history is awesome!

Pros

For job seekers, it is a free app, and there is a mobile version available too. LinkedIn is easy to create your online profile from your resume. Connection requests are easy to send, and LinkedIn even makes suggestions of people you may know. The "degrees" of a connection is a nice feature. the ability to send an InMail message to the person that posted the job and the referral request are also great features to assist my job search. LinkedIn also has it's own messenger service to allow direct messages through the app, even without traditional text message services. I would like to see real job recommendations based on the content of my LinkedIn profile.

Cons

Searches still display jobs I have already applied for. And the left pane (list of jobs in search) does not list that you have applied for it until you select the job to read the description, then it shows up. Should be able to exclude previously applied jobs from search. Should be able to flag jobs as "applied at company site" or "applied through another job board" (or recruiter) to avoid duplications. In some cases a company will disqualify an applicant that applies for the same role twice... and without any job ID code/req #, it is sometimes difficult to tell.

Excellent tool for the search of employment

Pros

Linkedln is an incredible tool to find employment opportunities, in our profile we can attach our professional experiences (in this area we can select the company if it is registered in linkedIn and through this option you can visualize the number of registered people who work in the company), university studies, courses, we can also place our skills, what I like about this tool is that we can add...

Cons

What I like the least about this tool is that you need the premium version so that your profile appears first in the companies' searches, this version also allows you to see which people or companies have viewed your profile, it also offers in real time the most relevant, this option has a free 30-day trial mode but you need to register a credit card

Best Job portal in the market

Overall experience is awesome because it has a lot of good features that will be benefitted to the organization. We can asses the skill of the candidate before extending any interview request. We can reply with courtesy denial email through the same also.

Pros

More reachability among the candidates. We can show case the jobs in a better and futuristic way. Candidates can easily apply to the Jobs without any long form filling experience. The process should be very smooth and easy. Realistic evaluation of the candidate from the Skills assessment program available in the Linkedin.

Cons

We can't gather more info like previous contacts to any other employer or previous details extensively. Candidates can't be flitted out according to the Job industry.

LinkedIn jobs - Absolute single point of reference for job search

My experience overall is splendid. I was able to improve my skill set in job search. I could network into people of my specific career interest. I hope LinkedIn will be as amazing as it is.

Pros

While there are many features of LinkedIn jobs that are pretty useful , I recalled loved the following features 1.matching skills scale 2. Number of people who got hired from my present company for a future job. 3. How many have applied to the same job till now. 4. How do I match with rest of the applicants for a specific job 5. Sharing my profile to job poster 6. In rest of job boards , job poster...

Cons

There’s only one con regarding linked in jobs, I.e after I apply for a particular job , When search LinkedIn jobs after couple of days it still shows the jobs that I have already applied. I would be really grateful if the system is built with feature such that it doesn’t suggest already applied jobs .

By far the best professional candidate database out there

I would not be able to do my job successfully without LinkedIn Jobs. A vast majority of my placements have come from LinkedIn, and there is nothing better than going through incoming applications and finding several solid candidates with relevant skills sets who are actively showing interest in your job posting. LinkedIn Jobs delivers.

Pros

No other platform comes close to LinkedIn in terms of candidate quality and professional networking. Where postings to most job boards might yield 3 strong candidate applications, LinkedIn could produce 9 excellent incoming candidate applies. Jobs are so easy to post, and you can also research industry insights to see how your opportunity compares with similar openings in the market.

Cons

Its expensive (worth every penny if you use it religiously, but expensive none the less).

The Most Reliable Jobs Website

I believe that Linkedin is the most reliable and trustworthy website for offering and applying for jobs. It is an excellent method of selecting talented employees.

Pros

It is the first website for me to search for reliable jobs. There are three features that I like most. First, all the announced jobs are from major companies and institutions with high reliability, and you can easily browse the advertisement publisher’s page and check the company and its field of work and people’s opinions about it. Secondly, the advertised jobs contain a very complete and sufficient...

Cons

In my perspective, there is only one disadvantage. It's the fact that certain job adverts need you to go to the company's main website, establish a new account, and then apply for the position from the main site. I believe that allowing direct submission via Linkedin is the best option.

LinkedIn is the best platform in social way and soon to best in freelancing

The perfect software which I am using, and hope it'll be the best for job seekers and job givers, many HR teams find in any way the best places. Soon the freelance market is also in LinkedIn

Pros

the amazing software in the current era, the best in social media and soon to be the best in freelancing. For job, LinkedIn is the best and easiest place to get the job in any domain

Cons

I think there is only one issue of the premium thing, mostly jb seekers didn't know how to look at their profile or who ll check it, most job seekers don't have much to get premium package otherwise everything is of class in LinkedIn software

The Best Place to Find a Job, Network and Career Development

Wonderful! My only recommendation is to add a feature that updates job applicants whenever a position is filled or taken off the job posting. I even started LinkedIn Learning which is AMAZING for career development.

Pros

I like how self-explanatory the software is. I've been using it for 5+ years and have even gotten a couple of jobs out of it! I like how LinkedIn is always added new features and making their product better everyday.

Cons

Something that I don't like (unrelated to software) is the postings of "cattle run" jobs. I've found a couple of positions on LinkedIn and gone to interviews that are obviously fraudulent businesses that are taking advantage of innocent people looking for work. I know this isn't a software issue exactly but more filtering of companies/positions that look fraudulent would be helpful.

Connect for a Career

Although I have never applied for a job through LinkedIn Jobs, I have referred many individuals to apply through this software, and I know many that have received internship and full time job offers through this.

Pros

LinkedIn jobs feels more interactive, because not only are you applying to jobs, but you are able to network with other individuals who may already be in the field or be interested in the same things. Your connections can share a job on their timeline, and you may come across a great opportunity that way. Direct Messaging these job offers can also help individual network with each other by connecting individuals with opportunities they may see another as a great fit for.

Cons

I don't have much negative to say. I can say that seeing salary ranges would be a great thing to have as a transparency add-on, but that is more a reflection of the companies that are posting the job postings, not LinkedIn itself.

One of the best Softwares to search for jobs

Overall great experience, when I apply for a job, I always hear back from the person or profile who posted the job.

Pros

The fact that is connected with LinkedIn makes the setup process extremely easy since you do not have to put all your skills, job exp and education or your Resume all over again. Also, it does not send you a countless number of useless notifications. And job notifications you get are always related to your background and mostly your location(this also depends on your profile settings).

Cons

Overall it is very good, but the UI and UX may need some improvements and also would be great if every job posted would have the option of Ease Apply with LinkedIn, even though I know that this depends on the person or profile who posted the job.

professional and innovative tool

Overall Experience is excellent , have found my current job via LinkedIn .I feel premium is a bit costly and there are 100;s of fake accounts on LinkedIn. But yes worth investing time if you know how to handle LinkedIn and get the most out of it .

Pros

. LinkedIn Jobs tool is something every professional or job seeker need it as if now. . You have options to search and apply jobs are per your skill set rather than try to find jobs on google search and clicking numerous websites. . With LinkedIn Jobs as per your skill set you can create job alert so you don;t miss any new job offers as the notification is instant . . With LinkedIn Jobs you can also connect with Hr;s , Leads and top management who posted the job resulting in better connection and networking. . LinkedIn Jobs give better insight about Job Description and requirements , total applicants for that particular role, also if you take premium version you have option to check and match your skill set with other applicants.

Cons

. If you create a Job alert sometimes say out of 50 notifications 5 job alerts will be irrelevant. . Your job application will get un-noticed in most of the applications you sent due to volume . . To get your application noticed or to follow-up take premium service of LinkedIn to send-in mail to hiring manager .

Overall, a very efficient tool for the job seeker

Overall, I was pretty satisfied with the opportunities found on LinkedIn Jobs. Depending on your location, you can find a great deal of jobs that just aren't found elsewhere along all the ones that are.

Pros

Two things that really made this one of my "go to" tools when exploring other opportunities were that a good number of their postings were not found elsewhere (other online sites) and the number of different layers and options to dig deeper into a company, industry or location. Another great tool they offer is being able to go to the company page and see all your connections that work or have worked there. This is great for having someone either open a door for you or put in the proverbial "good word"

Cons

as with most online job search sites, positions that are filled often remain up long after they're filled. another thing that got annoying after a while was that certain companies would add a ridiculous number of the same job every single day so that if you toggle the switch to see just new listings you see all those same listings every single day. LinkedIn needs to fix that issue.

One of the best and more robust job boards around.

Pros

LinkedIn is a valuable asset for any organization. Not only can you post and recruit for positions, but it gives your organization a voice and potential recruits a chance to peek inside to see company values and culture. Additionally, its networking functionality is an incredible value add as it allows you to look into a candidate's history and network of friends.

Cons

This software has matured over the years and has brought about several great changes. However, its job posting pricing can be a bit unfriendly to small businesses or non-profit organizations. Additionally, its search functionality for job postings often returns positions outside of search parameters.

LinkedIn Jobs - The New Way of Accelerating Your Career Growth

My overall experience with LinkedIn Jobs has been positive in opening up doors to see more career opportunities related to my field. The downside is the response rate from recruiters or hiring managers has been slow, and LinkedIn could do a better job to work with employers to drive accountability to respond back to applicants.

Pros

As a user that has used LinkedIn for many years, I have found many pros to LinkedIn Jobs. Specifically, here are the differentiated values I've found: 1. The network of quality organizations and recruiters using this platform is much higher through LinkedIn Jobs than other career search platforms, especially for management paths. 2. Tying LinkedIn jobs to my network and seeing who can help me open up doors to companies I'm interested in applying for has been a big differentiator in getting me interviews and informationals more quickly than other platforms. 3. The algorithm the site uses to recommend other jobs similar to the ones I've viewed has honestly allowed me to look into other companies I otherwise would not have taken time to explore.

Cons

LinkedIn Jobs, like other career search platforms has some cons: 1. It would be nice to see how where you are in the application/search process once you apply for a job. Currently, once you apply through LinkedIn Jobs, you just wait in limbo with no visibility to any progress that's made. 2. The InMail features are not really that effective. I have not found the responsiveness to my reach outs to be as effective as advertised. 3. There are too many attempts to try and upsell users about trying Premium for a month to get all of the unlocked features. It's posted consistently in the search page of LinkedIn Jobs.

I have used this program for about 5 years now and still love it.

Pros

While I use to work in both the retail industry and wedding industry this was an amazing way to connect with other professionals on the same level. I was originally from the US and then made the move to Canada. One of the largest stress factors was how to rebuild clients and contacts with such a major move. With LinkedIn it was actually no where near as bad as I expected. My husband was able to connect...

Cons

Unless you are willing to pay money you do not get all of the benefits of the program. I don't see a need to pay money for the extra perks as the base does enough to suit my needs. It would be nice when you have people viewing your profile to always see who they are but without paying that unfortunately is not an option. The only other con I would say is that recently it has seemed to turn a bit more into a facebook with what some people are posting. I would like to see this eliminated as this is a professional platform I don't want to get on and see pictures of peoples families or other personal information, not related to work.

LinkedIn Jobs - Valuable Professional Growth

My Overall experience good and fantastic and seeking more and more opportunities for my professional growth.

Pros

Being a user of LinkedIn I found it very easy and compatible for professional growth because I got my current job from here, easily search for jobs and find jobs selected categories by related keywords. It has a good user interface. LinkedIn has the reliability to connecting real professionals, convenient for job search and set up an account also invite connection for the same profession. Sometimes professionals from a different company in the same category approach for better growth by looking at a resume and academic information from my LinkedIn profile.

Cons

Really I am not found any cons regarding LinkedIn jobs because it provides lots of jobs to needy and deserving professionals.

Linkedin Jobs brings in Quality Candidates!

Overall, positive experience using LinkedIn Jobs, I highly recommend any recruiting department to use this feature. If you want quality candidates for any of your positions, this Linkedin tool will definitely help you fill your open positions faster.

Pros

As a Sr. Talent Partner, I use LinkedIn Jobs to post our open positions. It's easy to post jobs and you can use a previous job template or a new template to create your job posting. In your ATS, you can generate a customized job link using Linkedin as the job source which you can then input into the template. After you upload a job posting, it immediately goes live and based on the job description, Linkedin's algorithm recommends some profile matches. Many of the profiles matches that are recommended are spot on and I can then reach out to those folks via Inmail. Overall, we have noticed that Linkedin job posts brings us very qualified candidates for both our technical and non-technical positions.

Cons

When you are creating a job post, you must enter 1 specific location of where the position is located. I wish there was a field that allowed you to include more than 1 location. This way I don't have to make the same job posting twice with the different locations. Therefore, my biggest con would be the lack of location customization for the job post.

Jobs searching never that easy before

It is an excellent tool for finding jobs for serious job seekers because it provides end-to-end information about both potential candidates & prospective employers. Articles, Posts, videos & webinars on the platform also give extensive insights about respective industries that help professionals acquaint themselves with the latest.

Pros

It is simple & super easy to use & searching for jobs is convenient by filtering your search you could also acquire notification of jobs that best suit your profile. It really helps professionals grow their network.

Cons

Sometimes jobs that a candidate is applying is no longer exist & also job seekers could not reach out to the recruiter directly until of course you have premium versions. Subscription for job seekers should be made easy.

A simplified review of LinkedIn

It's a great experience for me on LinkedIn, I made an online application and making contacts with LinkedIn society, I also had a number of courses, It was very useful to me that I have gained knowledge, skills and experiences too.

Pros

LinkedIn has combined many features that were unique to many applications separately previously, making it a comprehensive application for sharing experiences and cultures and a platform full of jobs, courses and skills development with many other features that everyone should discover.

Cons

The quality of profile matching with functions should be thoroughly improved, as well as multiple app themes and a service search feature placed near the current location.

One of the most convenient way to find a job

Very exciting, i have the opportunities to talk to some very cool company. However, i haven't found anything yet! Hopefully soon though!

Pros

There are so many things i love about LinkedIn jobs. It's so easy to put yourself out there on LinkedIn if you are actively looking for jobs. Nowadays, having a digital presence is very important for anyone. I have always updated my LinkedIn portfolio so that whenever I'm interested in jobs i can just have LinkedIn show me jobs that I am qualified for. Jobs are shown to me every time i go on LinkedIn, but it's not overwhelming. It's a nice balance to keep someone interested in new opportunities :)

Cons

I dont think there is anything I dislike about LinkedIn. I personally go onto LinkedIn very day so it's a plus to have jobs shown to me there everyday! :)

Linkedin Jobs : Your ultimate job search engine

LinkedIn Jobs allows you to: 1- Find & Apply for your dream job in a matter of minutes 2- Maintain an up to date LinkedIn profile with content relevant to your expertise, skills and industry 3- Attract talent hunters and ensure exposure on the job market 4- Stay informed with the recruitment trends, Hiring companies, Salary and benefits, job requirements.

Pros

LinkedIn Jobs is a very efficient job posting search engine for all LinkedIn members, Regular and Premium ones. The search filters include searching by Company, Location, Industry, the time the job was posted, and especially the Easy Apply feature which uses the linkedin profile details of the applicant to be communicated directly with the application to the job poster, making it much quicker in terms of time for a job seeker to apply for a job online.

Cons

The least I noticed while using LinkedIn Jobs is actually the requirement by most job posters to apply using the job portal, which requires you in most of the cases to reenter the details of your resume instead of getting your resume details from your linkedin profile. It would have been much better if LinkedIn jobs recommends to its job posters to choose the Easy apply option, making it easier for applicants to apply, and to optimize the content of their linkedin profiles.

Makes Job Searching Easy

Pros

LinkedIn Jobs makes searching for jobs easy and straightforward. It's a free app that allows you to create a profile, connect with other professionals, and search for jobs all over the world. LinkedIn also uses your search history and added skills to find and suggest jobs that have recently been posted, which makes job searching so much easier. It has saved me so much time because I no longer have to scour job listing websites for things I am interested in. I also enjoy that it suggests other jobs at a particular company you've viewed. Sometimes it's nice to see what other openings come up at the company you're interested in. Overall, it's a great software and must for any professional.

Cons

So the base software is free, but they do have a premium option that gives you more features. I have not tried the premium version so I cannot comment on whether or not it's worth it. However, it's just too expensive for me to justify trying past the free trial. I wish that it was a bit cheaper so that I could at least justify the price while I searched for a new job. Again, the base software is free so this isn't something that prevents me from using the software, it would just be nice if it was a bit more reasonably priced.

Good product - needs improvement

Overall, LinkedIn still is one of the biggest networking and job searching/finding tool. With some improvement, it could easily become the best

Pros

I have used LI Jobs on both ends - as a consumer and as a recruiter. As a consumer, it was really useful, remembering my job searches and I was able to enable/disable job alerts. It also gave me good insights on the skills the particular job required and how well it matched with my profile etc. Through constant feedback (it would ask me in the middle of my search if this job was right for me), I could get the software trained on what's more suitable for me.

Cons

As a recruiter, I have faced some problems with this software. While posting jobs, I constantly ran into errors saying I have run out of number of ads permitted for my account but when I checked, it would say I have only used 8/10 job ads. I could also not easily connect with the person in-charge of my employer account (i.e, the account representative from LinkedIn). They keep changing regularly and I could hardly get a hold of them specifically. I would always have to contact LI support and be redirected - which is not really fast and efficient. Also, I just learned that they retired the LinkedIn Jobs app for phones. Bummer, I really liked using the app.