SAP Litmos Logo
SAP Litmos

Award-winning Learning Management System & content library.

visit website

SAP Litmos Reviews - Page 11

Easy, focused on corporate education and a better partner you cannot find!t

We are a healthcare software company rapidly growing with needs to rapidly deploy education across our global employee network leveraging technology to avoid increases in head count. We implemented Litmos without a hiccup and our employees are 100% engaged! Our 90 day trending shows no end in sight to the benefits this incredibly easy to use technology will bring. Every person we encounter at Litmos is devoted to our success. A rare find in today's business world. I highly recommend you take a look if education is at the forefront of your company objectives!

Pros

easy technology with seamless implementation, customization to your needs, reporting available for most anything you want to measure, can use all kinds of different mediums that are easy to upload and use, cost to value is more than other systems researched, best online help I've ever seen

Cons

would love to see more delineation in privileges allowing me to customize for my company's use and specific needs

Excellent Corporate Training Tool - SAP Litmos

- The overall experience with SAP Litmos is very excellent and satisfactory. The tool is very helpful for enterprise clients to implement for the employees on-boarding and get on track as soon as possible.

Pros

- The most important feature of the software which is very helpful for the administrators to upload new learning content for the new employees to be successful and get knowledge on company policies on network, security, behavioral, etc. - The most important feature of the application is to conduct exams and score employees on the tests conducted and evaluate the next steps for the employee. The manager can then look into the next possible certifications the employee should be targeting and get certified in the area.

Cons

- The tool can be more intuitive and make it more comfortable for all the new employees who are new to the tool as well. - The product team can include more features on the tool like taking surveys, making content more strictly accessible for several teams based on the hierarchy model in the company. - The tool is a little expensive than the one's available in the market

Okay product but TERRIBLE SUPPORT

Rollercoaster, sometimes they're spot on and have the features we need, other times it takes forever to get a known problem taken care of. If I could go back and re-select an LMS, I wouldn't choose Litmos.

Pros

• Allows you to distribute material on a mass basis and track who has and who has not completed • Learning Paths allow you to group a series of Courses together to assign 1,000's of modules at a time easily • Modules can have embedded capability to allow you to perform tasks that the LMS does not have built-in • API integration allows you perform useful tasks that Litmos does not have built in.

Cons

• The Support takes FOREVER to get anything done, even when it is a program glitch, at the time of writing this review I have been waiting 6 months for a fix to a problem that they have identified as a flaw and just have not fixed. This flaw has been debilitating to our Training Program with Litmos. • Cheating is easy on built-in assessments. When completing assessments on a computer the user can...

Hi Brett, Thank you for the review. Our support team has doubled in the past few months to make sure our customer's are taken care of. Hopefully things change for the better - we are always here to help. Best, Allison

Great Experience

This was our first LMS and we looked at about 10 options, 3-4 of which had free trials that we used and researched more carefully. I have no major complaints about the process of getting set up, though we're in the final stages of loading all our users into the system (400+), so we aren't completely settled in. Everyone at our company who has seen the platform has loved what we've been able to set up.

Pros

Overall I find Litmos to be easy to use and relatively intuitive. When I've had questions I've been able to find the answer in the online help forums nearly every time (in the instances I've had to reach out help has been rather quick and efficient). The content authoring works well for the most part, and the content library covers nearly all of our general needs, which is great. Any Litmos representatives we've worked with have been great. The Dojo is helpful for teaching yourself the platform, and the seemingly endless list of features has been great so far, though I plan to utilize them even more as we grow with our LMS (Assign, Branding, etc.).

Cons

There are some quirks, as with anything. If you copy a module and delete the original then you're unable to edit the copy (even though it's completely separate, per their descriptions online). Litmos has verified this quirk. I find the fonts/sizing to be somewhat restrictive within the content authoring tool, and in the same vein the assessments within the authoring can be difficult to manipulate at times, depending upon what elements you add on what page.

Integration Rich, Easy to Use

We've been using Litmos for a little over a year, coming from another LMS system that did not meet our needs. Litmos is very easy to learn, we were building courses quickly once we got in. They have a great array of features for course building with different module types, including assessments, videos, text, and integrations with GoToTraining and other delivery tools that makes it easy to created...

Pros

Integrations with many outside products, including GoToTraining/Webinar, Salesforce, Wordpress, several shopping cart tools, and more. Easy to learn, easy to course build. Several options for organizing by Team or Learning Path. time.

Cons

Two minor pet peeves in course building - no "center" option on image alignment - you have to either code it in, or put it in the middle of a 3 column centered table. No spell check in standard typing view, you have to go into the source code view to see spelling errors. True con lately is support turn around time. Support is through online ticketing system, even if you call in, they simply file...

Litmos is My Choice

We have used Litmos to fill our need for easily accessible on line training for our users across multiple counties. It has improved our ability to not only manage regulatory and mandatory training, but to manage our staff compliance across the board for all of the positions within our Agency.

Pros

Litmos is both easy and fun to use! In our industry, we work hard and deal with many intense situations on a daily basis. Litmos allows us to offer fun and innovative ways to share information, collaborate with the Discussion forums and have fun with gamification. If we have to learn, it should be fun, effective and not add to the stress of our daily job.

Cons

I would love to see development regarding linking courses together. For example, one online course serves as the initial foundation and is good for one year. After that, they take a refresher course that would satisfy the need for renewal. Currently there is no way to do that. This is critical for our industry. We also need a way to offer the initial course as an ILT, then apply an online course as the refresher.

Growing alongside Litmos

I have been thankful to adopt the Litmos LMS with my job last year for many reasons. It is a user friendly platform and our ways of utilizing it are expanding. It's been great growing alongside Litmos. As new features develop, our company needs and ideas coincide almost perfectly. After attending the Litmos C3 Conference last year and learning a ton, I'm excited to see what's in store for this year and unveiling even more ways to utilize the program. My goal is to continue to see more use within our company for internal training purposes with multi-level users. Litmos is making that goal attainable as it expands, listens to feedback from existing customers, and supports users to see the potential in the platform!

Pros

Ability to upload documents, easy to read dashboard, mass management as well as personalized feedback options, account maintenance is easy especially password resets. Leaderboard offers friendly competition and incentive for users. Behind the scenes, it's easy to see where a user is experiencing difficulty or having trouble.

Cons

Integration to SF cannot copy emails or uploaded documents. Sometimes too many emails are sent to users overwhelming them when completing courses. Some customer service reps and account managers are excellent, others do not follow through. Litmos Author information is misleading in terms of what features are possible through the program. Inconsistent limitations on uploading videos, etc., as well as sometimes "glitchy" processing of not saving users' answers, not opening presentations, etc.

Litmos

Pros

Litmos has a very clean user interface, and loading course materials and SCORM packages are simple.

Cons

No central content repository, limited access to style sheets for custom design elements. It's an expensive platform, to begin with but feel nickeled and dimed with many recent features coming with individual price tags, and it feels like recent updates are showing Litmos a bit out of touch with advancing needs of LMS users, especially users who train external clients and students.

Thank you for the review and we are delighted that you enjoy our clean interface and the simplicity of the platform. Please note that you can speak with your Account Manager if you ever need additional assistance or tips and tracks. Litmos is known for not being as expensive as many other LMS's, but has many more capabilities, and all of our industry and customer awards add to this notoriety. Cheers, Allison

Litmos is rapidly change the way my company thinks about eLearning

We began with Litmos to fill specific needs for compliance training for our users across multiple counties. Now that we have a better understand of all of the great stuff we can do with Litmos, the Change request don't stop coming.

Pros

Litmos is both easy and useable for all of our employees. Whether they are within the Company Network, on the road with a mobile device, at home from their private devices or in the Internet Café around the corner! Learning should be fun, effective and not add to the stress of our daily job. Simple holistic UI that doesn't overpower the user. Makes life easy for our 'Salesforce #AwesomeAdmin!

Cons

As a seasoned #Salesforce #AwesomeAdmin I miss the flexibility of the Reporting/Dashboard functionalities provided by the platform. Litmos would up the bar even more if I had these tools without having to commission professional services.

Engaging Way to Train

Pros

We use Litmos to train new staff and re-train existing staff. I love that you are able to create training tracks to keep staff organized and simplify the process of having to find each individual video. The videos are engaging and ask for participating in the form of multiple choice questions. This ensures that staff are paying attention to the videos. There is a great library of pre-created videos to choose from if you do not want to make your own. The dashboard is super useful and tells you how many trainings you have completed and how many are still left to do.

Cons

Some of the videos that are pre-made are super simple. We recently took one on diversity and inclusion and I felt like it was geared towards high school students, when we are working adults. I think the videos could be amped up a bit.

Great product with some minor annoyances

Litmos is by far the best LMS we have use. With it we can easily manage hundreds of users, track their progress, and create reports from their activity. The user interface is simple yet is feature packed on both the admin and learner side. The interface is customizable with custom theme colors, logos, and images, so we could completely re-brand it. We were looking for an LMS that could be sold through...

Pros

Very affordable, many features are included in low subscription levels which are great compared to the competitors, great support staff, easy to use, allows for many different file types to be imported, includes a good eCommerce solution as well as many plugins for external management.

Cons

If you need to move people between teams, there is no way to do so. You will need to create a new user in the destination with the same credentials and same course assignments, and then delete that user from the source. The interface customization requires a bit of CSS if you really want to go beyond simply modifying colors. The servers tend to struggle some with very large files if users are international as we received some complaints of excessive buffering from users in Japan. That was at the very extreme side and was to be expected.

We had a great experience launching and continuing to use Enablement the last several years.

Pros

Enablement makes searching so easy! There are so many different advanced filtering options available to narrow down a wide search. Even though our company uses multiple sites to maintain internal and customer facing collateral, North America sales has made Enablement our go-to tool. The site remains fresh by auto-archiving older content while allowing for users to search the archives when needed. The News feature has allowed us to cut down on the number of large emails being sent to our teams. As an administrator, it's been very easy to create new playbook pages and customize the menus to enable our sales teams to find content quickly. We have recently expanded the use of the tool to other departments as well.

Cons

There are 3 areas that I think could be improved. 1) While you can access Enablement on mobile devices, it's unfortunate that there is not an App for Android users. 2) I also wish there was a way to make the Item Wizard (when adding new content) unique by Business Unit or Department and have the ability to hide things that are not relevant to a group. 3) When creating a new customer portal, the step-by-step wizard is not customizable today. There are several steps that we would like to hide and are unable to do so. Overall, these cons are minor and our admin and publishers have learned to ignore sections that are not relevant to them during the tagging process.

Litmos LMS is Great for Integrated eLearning

Pros

With regards to the actual Learning Management System, the highly user-friendly interface allows me to be creative without the stress of a complicated application. The way modules are stored allows for reusing essential segments such as general course introductions and explanations. The seamless integration of other applications such as Articulate and Captivate is already impressive. However, being...

Cons

While this system is set up for eCommerce, it does not allow for the type of billing options that I want to offer my students. Additionally, the notice board is not easy to edit. I have had to retype my entire message. To address this, I develop my text in a word processor before copying and pasting it into the notice board. This has actually proved to be a better discipline for me, so I will probably continue this, even if they enhance the text editing capabilities.

Ahead of the curve in features, reporting and flexibility

We did a full 4 month research and vetting process to determine the best LMS for our needs, after more than legitimate 20 candidates of the hundreds to chose from we narrow the search to five and of them only one had the tools, feature and most importantly a vision for what the future looked like.

Pros

Easy build out and flexibility to use modules in multiple courses. Learning paths for course combinations make compliance training easy. However the two things that stand out a Pro 1) Customer Service/Support is over the top. Every time we have had a question or something wasn't as we thought it should customer and support is amazingly fast in response time and thorough in making sure we were back on track. 2) The reporting—you can build just about any report you can think of and trust me we have pushing the envelope.

Cons

Hard to come up with a con that is exclusive to Litmos that other do better or offer. My biggest issue is with the pricing model of the industry as a whole, but it's still not a con since Litmos has more flexibility in their model to (kind of) meet our needs. I'm nit picking now but I wish we could turn off (hide) some of the fields in the registration page rather than just make them optional. As a company we already have the person information and data for the registrant so the page is unnecessarily messy. (I told you I was nit picking. )

Great Start For Our LMS

I worked with our department to research and test different LMS programs and Litmos was definitely our top choice. We are also working with a third party web developer who is implementing the more technical details of how the LMS works with our current website and he independently suggested Litmos after reviewing our list of possibilities. Litmos provided us the most features while still staying...

Pros

Great customer service, informative yet simple interface, multiple integrations that work well.

Cons

Missing "Teacher" role that allows outside trainers to grade assignments without full admin access. Mobile app looks great but mobile website is lacking. You need a good understanding of HTML/CSS/Code if you want more customization than just color changes. Lack of notifications within the system.