SAP Litmos Logo
SAP Litmos

Award-winning Learning Management System & content library.

visit website

SAP Litmos Reviews - Page 3

LMS Novice able to pick up and use platform in no time

I needed to stand up an LMS very quickly. With no prior experience I reviewed 8 different platforms. Litmos stood out among them for it's ease of use both in creating courses and for the learner. The responsiveness of the Litmos team sealed the deal. Although there are some limitations with the types of reports and views I need, I know the team is willing to listen and make changes to meet customer requests. I am still in the very early stages of using the platform and know I have a long way to go, but I am glad that we chose Litmos as they are growing too and I think we can be partners for a long time to come.

Cons

Hello Sue! Thank you for the review and for choosing Litmos. We are always looking to better our platform and we will continue to build on our reporting; it is one of those features that will always need work for any LMS. We also hope that this partnership will continue to grow and flourish! Let us know if you ever have any questions, our support team is ready to help with any of your needs. Cheers!

Litmos adapts to learning plans, content needs, and pricing concerns.

Pros

Two things, actually 1) It is insanely adaptable without being difficult to lean to use. I can upload any type of learning without needing help. 2) In a field of huge prices, they were not only inexpensive, but gave us a discount for being non-profit, and only charge based on MONTHLY logins. I can't stress this enough: they were the only vendor willing to recognize some of us don't need to train a person every single month. Some of my learners will login a lot. Others I will train and set free till next year.

Cons

Their website (not the platform but the sales website) is not the easiest to navigate. I think they really prefer you just talk to your contact instead of investigating things on your own.

Incredible Learning Management System

Pros

This system has open API's that can be used to integrate with other website platforms, enabling a user to add learning to their own system.

Cons

It has too many pop-ups that occur when setting up a user that is going to access the system via SSO

Hi Kenneth, We love to hear that you think our LMS is incredible! I will make sure our product team gets word of the pop ups you are experiencing, and that we resolve that issue. All the best, Allison

Adequate, but clunky - better alternatives for the $

Adequate. Not bad, but certainly not good. Decent functionality (a few extra plusses) but a lackluster UX.

Pros

Limos is an adequate LMS which can track SCORM and xAPI compliant content. Further, you can directly send xAPI day to the Litmos database without having to upload the content in the LMS (Litmos was one of the first LMSs I encountered that allowed this).

Cons

UX. The UX for the user end can be okay. I haven't seen two companies I had consulted with push the UX to anything special which leads me to believe that it may be a big undertaking. This is also based on my experience in having to go into Litmos to troubleshoot issues a client was having with a course reporting completion. The admin UI wasn't the worst I have seen in LMS systems, but it was not a great design and for newer users (like my client), this can be very intimidating and disorienting. For the $ spent there are better systems then something that strikes users and admin as just "meh".

Hi David, Thank you for leaving Litmos a review. We take these very seriously and I will make sure the product team has your feedback so that we can continue to be the #1 learning platform on the market. Cheers, Allison

Great and helpful with tracking training

Pros

Training can set up into sections and can be found with ease as well as a clean system that can be navigated with ease

Cons

No description of each task or training unless picked on. A preview of each section or training would be better for users.

Hi Laurel, Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are happy to hear that we have helped you with tracking your training. Have a great day! Thank you, Jennifer Martin, Litmos by CallidusCloud

Litmos LMS served its purpose for a time but I moved on

It was good when we used it years ago, but the features were very lacking. We moved onto a different LMS back in 2017.

Pros

It was simple and relatively easy to use.

Cons

When we used Litmos, the feature set was very minimal and didn't meet many of the needs we had at the time.

Arch Telecom review

I would like to see the ability to add a team under a team. For example I might weant to move my entire "sales team" to a new market... it seems that the only way to do that is one by one. It happened the other day when I created a team for "service and repair" and needed to add multiple locations (teams) under this team. no way to do it .

Pros

System has been easy to implement and has been recieved well by our learners. We have over 500 learners so "easy to use" was a pre-requisite.

Cons

There is an error that crashes the system 80% of the time that is annoying. When clicking on a USER and assigning a team to the user, it crashes often. It sends me to the "oops" page.

Thanks for the review Chris. A member of our support team will contact you regarding the issue that you reported. To create a team under a team please go to the relevant team and click the "Add a new team under this team" button on the right hand side of the screen.

Litmos is an easy and basic to use LMS.

Pros

Loved how easy it was to plug an Articulate file and launch the learning piece so quickly. It was easy to duplicate and create quizzes.

Cons

I really wanted better reporting from the user end of the quizzes. It also was a chunky, clunky interface for users.

Hi Reyna, Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you have found Litmos easy to use. Have a wonderful day! Thank you, Jennifer Martin, Litmos by CallidusCloud

One of best LMS platform

Pros

Litmos provides the responsive and easy to use user interface for both learner and Administrator. Role based login, custom reporting and API support makes it more powerful. You can have a custom URL of your own choice along with some prebuild learning courses.

Cons

As of now, the Litmos mobile app may not meet your expectations but you can choose to browse the Litmos platform using latest web browser.

Hi Chandrakant, Thank you for acknowledging Litmos as one of the best LMS platforms! As always, please reach out at any time and we are always here to help. Best, Allison

Easy to install and operate, but significant shortcomings

If you need something simple and quick to launch, you should give Litmos serious consideration. If you have to do reporting of training to regulatory authorities, you need to investigate very carefully. The API interface is interesting, but unfortunately they do not expose many data fields...so going the API route to address the shortcomings of the UX will not get you far.

Pros

Very easy to install, get running with a polished interface (assuming you have done LMS installs before).

Cons

Report module is terrible -- it failed my external auditor's assessment. Learning Paths are a great idea, but you can't set parameters on them like courses, do reporting...they are essentially invisible. Documentation is very limited. There is no troubleshooting and the blogs are fairly useless. The system is hosted on Rackspace and sometimes the performance for the Learners is painfully slow (30-90 seconds of lag time between clicks). The uploads of SCORM files can go anywhere between 15-20 seconds to 4+ hours. The ongoing operation of their platform needs serious improvement. Documentation and examples of use of the API interface is very poor.

Litmos is a good go-to

Pros

I have found Litmos to be remarkably easy to use. It was a good, modern looking interface. The functionality has given us everything we have needed so far, and recent upgrades have improved it even more. A good bang for your buck.

Cons

They could have more videos and tools for purchase, but they have expanded that since we first started using Litmos.

Easy to get up and running

Pros

Litmos is a great learning management system. We use it to host internal employee training as well as some trainings we have shared with clients, and the process has been very smooth with both sides. User management is also really easy.

Cons

I wish I had more training on the mobile app side of the software, but that could have been an internal issue with my company for not providing the training.

Hi Krista, Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that we have helped you with your employee and client training. Have a great day! Thank you, Jennifer Martin, Litmos by CallidusCloud

Unintutitive, cumbersome LMS with a lots of features

Pros

There are a lot of features that other LMS do not have. Litmos has almost every feature you can want

Cons

The software is not intuitive, making it hard to configure, hard to administer and hard to use, even for seasoned software users. E.g, sometimes you need to do 8 steps for something that should take 2 or 3, which takes extra time, and makes you forget how to do it. Buttons and links aren't labelled well, and options are sometimes hidden. There is no bulk edit in many places there should be.

Hi Avi, It sounds like you may need some assistance to better understand SAP Litmos! Your dedicated Account Manager, Amber, will happily sit down with you and answer any questions you may have. SAP Litmos is known as the easiest to use LMS in the industry. It's unfortunate you feel this way as we have thousands of customers who use SAP Litmos every day and have seen some pretty incredibly benefits from the tool. Best of luck!

Taking a training on Litmos was easy

Litmos made it easier for the training department to assign out and track trainings throughout the company. I was a user and receiving and taking the trainings was so easy.

Pros

I received training's via Litmos and it was so easy to use. Trainings were distributed to individuals or groups from the training department and Litmos kept track of who had taken them and when. I liked using it because I could stop mid-training if something urgent came up and return to it later. It was really flexible.

Cons

I'm not sure the company was taking full advantage of all Litmos had to offer. There seem to be a lot of options for customizing but figuring them all out without guidance took a bit of time.

We appreciate the feedback. Best of luck! Allison

Excellent Training Platform!

Pros

Litmos is amazingly user friendly to record your own content and add it to the platform! We've been able to get everyone on board utilizing Litmos!

Cons

It took us some time to figure out how to structure our content to allow for easy learning and not becoming overwhelmed by it. The platform itself makes it extremely simple once planned out!

Easy to go

I feel litmos very comfortable in managing training plans and team assignments. The newly added reporting model is super flexible. I feel litmos very comfortable in managing training plans and team assignments. The newly added reporting model is super flexible.

Pros

Completely available and ability to integrate SSO, salesforce, dropbox, Rest, ADP etc

Cons

Not an enterprise product yet.

Litmos - Easy to Use Software as a Service

Most of the help desk is found in YouTube videos. Emailing help desk brings no response. Rep is the only live human you talk to and if he/she doesn't know you are out of luck.

Pros

Software is very intuitive and easy to use. Has nice reporting module and is fairly customizable. I like the contemporary look and feel Ease of user self-registration

Cons

Based on the subscriptions you purchase, not all features are available. Cannot customize log-on page except color Requires programer to add customized header, Poor response from customer support

Great tool

It is a great tool that I can use to share content with my customers and co-workers.

Pros

Easy to use, very easy to update and maintain Easy to customize and to add content as per each groups needs

Flexible for site building

The content search is not hard now, as we are getting things in one place easily.

Pros

You can get any of your department to work in accordance to you in the portal . You can arrange the customisation of the portal as per your choices so it really makes very handy to use.

Cons

Enablement for mobile use is not fluent yet.

30 day review

I highly recommend this product for smaller companies (<100) but I think with 1000 employees, I am really pushing at the limits of what this software can do.

Pros

Cost model is great. ease of use is great Features generally sufficient

Cons

Flash can be slow and studders causing errors. inconsistent reporting results - one report shows one result while another shows something different. restarting a module erases the last result, leading to dozens of manual adjustments security access set up is too simple (3 permission levels plus a global access is not sufficient for companies larger than 50 people) as it allows users to alter their user names and team leaders to delete records (only HR should be able to do this).

Thanks for the great review! Our largest customers have over 15,000 learners so we're definitely set up for scale.

Awesome Mascot

Don't change your mascot. In the limited amount of time I have spent using Litmos I found found it fairly easy to use. Also, anytime I have contacted the support team I have had my questions answered quickly and professionally. Pros: I find the system very user friendly and easy to build courses. I am looking forward to the advanced reporting being launched. Cons: I understand that there may be some limitations to the Webex integration. Meaning not every version of Webex will integrate. I would like to have the ability to use all levels of their service or if you offer a web hosting feature this could solve my current problem.

Cons

Hi Jason, Thank you for the feedback! We will definitely take a closer look at our Webex integration and will works towards making it a smoother process. Please let us know if you ever have any questions or need additional support! - The Litmos Team

Great product and customer service

The software is easy and intuitive. They seem to continue to roll out new features and stay competitive in the market.

Pros

I've enjoyed using this software. It's an easy way to deploy training to our new hires. We've also used it for deploying new processes and features of our software for our sales team. Their customer service is also great. They are always to help with any issues that our team has.

Cons

Hi Jorge, Thanks for the fantastic feedback! It's a pleasure and extra bonus partnering with BambooHR to deliver our training. Cheers! Allison

Great learner experience but stumbles at scale

Pros: The Litmos user interface is quite intuitive, especially for the learner. We often hear how simple and organized the learner content is compared to other systems our learners use. This foundation and user experience makes Litmos a great application to deliver our learning content. Cons: The biggest issues we see are around scale as we add more learners to our system. Many of the back-end...

Cons

We had recognized scaleability being a major problem for our larger customers. We listened to them and added a large number of features to help with bulk management of learners. Of these features we have added Learning Paths to help guide learners through a series of courses and give Admins an easy way to assign multiple courses to learners at a time. We are always bringing more resources on to our team so that we can be the front runners in the LMS space.

Litmos is a great learning management solution

Pros

Litmos is extremely easy to deploy and use. There is very little training needed to get employees up to speed. Roles are clear and defined. The user interface is extremely up to date and allows for easy navigation. There are a lot of cool features which help drive user engagement.

Cons

The content in Litmos Heroes is not sorted or categorized so our users need to utilize the search functionality in order to locate courses they want to take.

Great Product!

Pros

I love how easy it is to create a course and the deadline reporting is easy to use. We hardly have any trouble with our users not being able to navigate the system.

Cons

I would like for there to be a way to take our users in LMS from a module then directly into our core system to process transactions that we just went over in the module, making it a little more hands on. There might even be a way to do this and we are not aware of it.