Payment Evolution Logo

Payment Evolution

Simple, fast, affordable payroll software.

Payment Evolution Reviews - Page 2

MN

Michelle N.

Really a very easy and user friendly solution

For any SMB living in Canada, PaymentEvolution is really a very easy and user friendly solution to use. With the exception of adding in employee information and salary amounts, the program basically does all the calculating and hard work for you. PaymentEvolution also offers different ways to pay employees as well as allows you to customize your payment options. Therefore I would recommend this program to any Canadian-based SMBs, with one caveat – that Vassa and his team think about taking this solution slightly to the south…

Pros

it is scalable and customizable

Cons

Limited to Canada

SS

Suketu S.

Online payroll

The system is fantastic. It was simple to set up the few employees and proceses their payroll. I did not have to write or print cheques as the pay was automatically deposited in employees account. The best feature was the remitttance to revenue Canada as I now save penalty fees.

Pros

Easy to use. Do not need to keep records. No headache of remittance. I access payroll from anywhere.

Cons

We get the same pay every 2 weeks . .I wish there was one click command to process payroll instead of entering time for employees

Mathieu C.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

From days to minutes to do the payrun

Time saver

Pros

I like that it integrates with TimeSheet and Xero. All our employees punch in TimeSheet, than we export the data to PaymentEvolution. We run the payrun and then it is push to Xero in all the accounts. We save lots of time ! Also great customer service. I've never waited when I called.

Cons

It's a little tricky to start with but with the help of the customer service we fixed everything. We do have a problem now with Xero that we are hoping to get fixed !

AT

Ange T.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Makes running your payroll a breeze

We have recently transferred our payroll to Payment Evolution and it is a breeze to use. Once you have set up the basics (which is very easy to do) you are away. I am based in New Zealand so am not fully familiar with Canadian payroll legislation/benefits but the team at Payroll Evolution are extremely helpful and explained everything to me in plain English. The reporting is pretty good too and our employees have been blown away with PayChequer. I would definitely recommend this payroll system!

Pros

I love having control of our payroll PLUS it tracks vacation!

Cons

The reporting could be better - there are some reports that are only produced in .pdf format. All reports should be downloadable in Excel!

Hi Ange, We are so happy to hear that your employees have been blown away with our PayChequer services and that our payroll has been a breeze! Thank you for your feedback in regards to reporting as well. We will definitely be looking to improve them and make them more accessible.

TA

Trudy Ann T.

Fairly easy and effortless to use.

It has been really easy for me to use and I have had no experience with this program prior to this. I love how easy generating T4s has been. I worked with the representative to start this account and he was a pleasure to work with.

Pros

Cons

I would love it if you can also set Corporate Tax submission.

Helina P.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Great Payroll App from an Awesome Company

Easy payroll runs.

Pros

Easy to set up and run payroll. The team is very open to feedback and making the product awesome for its users. Vendor payments are simple too. Integrations with accounting software make our lives easier: no manual journal entries!

Cons

Stat holiday pay is not handled in the app yet. The data table for entering the payroll hours, etc. for the pay period is clunky and needs to be flipped vertically.

Ehsan F.

51-200 employees

A fantastic SMB Payroll and HR app

This is a fantastic app. It almost replaces a whole accountant for your payroll need and makes you independent. It is extremely user friendly, and doesn't need much CRA/Tax knowledge.

Pros

- Easy of use. - Accurate. - Doesn't need much tax knowledge to work with. - Free tier for up to 3 employees.

DD

Dan D.

Great help for new business

Very helpful for a new business. Easy to deal with. Great staff and easy to use software. Would recommend to any new start up.

Cons

Hi Dan! We are so happy to hear that you are finding our service helpful! We love working with startups and are grateful that you'd recommend us.

JM

Jean M.

Great and very patient service!

Although we did not quite know what we needed or how to best set up our payroll, and changed course a number of times, our sales executive and PaymentEvolution support worked patiently and efficiently to set us up in the right way! Congratulations!

LW

Lisa W.

great customer service!

Any time I've had questions the customer service team has always been very helpful and knowledgeable.

Cons

Hi Lisa! Thank you so much for the kind words.

AK

Ashley K.

User-friendly payroll solution

I have been very impressed with the Payment Evolution payroll application. I found it very intuitive and easy to use. It has all of the necessary features to process payroll quickly and accurately. I would definitely recommend this product!

IW

Ingrid W.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Payment Evolution Review

We are happy with the overall service Paymentevolution provides with support and questions that arise.

Pros

The support provided by the staff when questions arise

Cons

Hi Ingrid. Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that our support has been helpful in making your time with us a breeze!

Mohit G.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

System Analyst

Pros

Quick, easy of use and very user friendly.

Cons

Difficult to printing of reports and lack of user manual.

GC

Gillian C.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Easy to learn and use

Payment Evolution is easy to learn and the site is very user-friendly. There are some small quirks when trying to do any unusual payment types but the customer service was helpful in showing me how to navigate around them.

Pros

Easy to navigate and process payroll once setup is complete

Cons

Some quirks require tricky navigation when doing anything outside regular earnings.

Thank you for your review! we are working hard to iron out the kinks in our service to make navigation much easier. Thank you for the feedback! it is greatly appreciated.

Alan S.