QuickBooks Payroll Reviews - Page 12

Good for small business

Pros

very efficient, has everything you need to complete payroll in a timely and effective manor. Reports are nice and detailed so you can catch any mistakes before submitting your payroll.

Cons

Customer service is just ok. Also there are a lot of little details so if you plan on using this right away i would study a little bit on the layout and customization of the software before hand.

Works as expected

We liked it, and would recommend it. We stopped using it because we hired a bookkeeper who now manually does our payroll, so we no longer needed a payroll service.

Pros

It links with quickbooks and other time tracking programs to import employee hours. It works well for a payroll option. We've used it for a while and only ever had one issue, which they took care of when we called.

Cons

It's a little pricier than other options, but if you're using software to import data and it save you time, then it's probably not a concern.

QUICKBOOKS PAYROLL

Overall quickbooks payroll is a good software to use for your payroll needs.

Pros

We used quickbooks payroll for a daycare that we were responsible for their payroll a few years ago.

Cons

Not always user friendly. Cost is more than we expected and cost for extra products like 1099 made it difficult. However, we continued to use since it had all of her information and easy to transfer/update.

Quickbook review

I would purchase QuickBooks in a heart beat!!

Pros

I have used QuickBooks for years and have found it to be one of the easiest bookkeeping, payroll, billing programs I have used. I would highly recommend this program.

Cons

The only con I can think of and it is really not a con is the vast amount of things it can do. If you want to take advantage of all it offers, it is a lot to learn.

Great payroll application

Over all positive experience. I wish all of my employers used this for payroll. It's nice having my paystubs accessable.

Pros

I liked how easy this was to keep track or my paycheck, check my hours and helped me verify I was paid correctly by my employer.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything per say. It does what it's supposed to. It's been pretty helpful, and hadn't given me anything to complain about yet.

Not Recommended

We selected Quickbooks to reduce our time entry, better support our growing organization and allow me to focus on my full time job passion, not my part time business. They were supposed to integrate with Quickbooks Onlinel however it doesn't work. They were supposed to be easy to use, only they weren't. They were supposed to be able to support a franchise organization with 65 employees across 3 states... only they didn't, we were the biggest client at the time.

Pros

Cons

Most of the pros speak for themselves, however there are more.. they were supposed to be able to handle multi-location employees, but they don't. They were supposed to be easy to work with, however thier risk group is so ambigous that it makes working with the overall platform impossible. They were supposed to have API support for our integration partner to use, only it's been almost 2 years and still nothing.. Calling in for support has resulted in hours of hold time on a monthly basis. When adding employees you have to call them to assign them to locations, it cannot be done as part of the data entry process. I could keep going on, but changing from ADP to Quickbooks was probably the most unproductive decision we've made to date.

QBO and Payroll Elite

Overall, the experience was good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was an amazing help. I spent weeks trying to find an answer to my QBO and Payroll Elite questions but they were all answered by her within 40 mins.

Pros

The implementation has quite taxing, but the QBO team was always responsive within 24 hours to help with any issues. The ability to customize the employee benefits was a great plus.

Cons

The integration of QBO Payroll Elite and Tsheets was not so smooth. There were double entry of names employees and the customer were transferred, which we did not want, the issue was resolved but it took longer then expected and push our payroll test run out another 2 weeks

A savior for small business

Pros

QuickBooks has everything needed for a small business that is ready to start payrolling employees. The money spent on this software is easily made back in time saved and IRS audits avoided!

Cons

No one likes to pay a lot of money for anything, but this would be the only complaint I would have for this software

Best software

Pros

User friendly was able to teach myself and it does everything a small company needs

Cons

I didn't dislike anything about QuickBooks

It has been good.

Pros

Functions are simply labelled and easy to setup. I think anyone with a non-accounting background would be able to figure out this system.

Cons

There are a lots and sometimes they aren't the most timely. We try to work ahead and sometimes the quarterly reports aren't ready early.

Easy to Use Payroll

Pros

I really like that it has the ability to link to other softwares to make payroll and time sheets easier to use together.

Cons

There is a higher cost for how many users need access to the programming. There are also small details that are hard to get used to, such as marked billing on times.

I highly recommend this product!

Pros

It was so easy to use and the customer service was always fantastic.

Cons

There was nothing that I disliked about this product.

Payroll

Pros

Saves a lot of time. Payroll and taxes and W2s saves me a lot of time.

Cons

Sometimes it runs slow and sometimes I am unable to log on.

Excellent software

Pros

So easy to use. You can put in all deductions quick and easily. It is very user friendly and self explanatory.

Cons

If you are using more than one account you have to manually change to account that payroll is coming out of or it messes everything up. Easy fix though if this happens.

Nice having Payroll Information at one's fingertips

Pros

Convenience of having payroll information in house instead of having to rely on a payroll service. Also much quicker than doing by hand.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve with this product, glad we had our accountant set it up as it would have been difficult otherwise.

very good program for a small hr buisness

i would recommend using this software.

Pros

it has many feature that has helped me accomplish much! it is easy to use and very simple, for the most part.

Cons

when it came to asking questions for help, customer services never responded. i sent multiple emails, never got a responds to the question.

Great service but needs some enhancements

Pros

The system is easy to use, cost effective, reports are good and customer service is good for the most part.

Cons

There is no integration with ANY time keeping software. You have to manually enter employees hours. I wish they would find solution to this. There are long hold times for customer service at times as well

Payroll for our company

Pros

It's been quick and easy to process our payroll. Their system will remind you when payroll is coming due, which is great!

Cons

I haven't had any complaints, so far. Any questions I've had have been answered by their customer service team.

Payroll

Easy to utilize and run payroll. Easy to set up payroll deductions such as 401-k contributions.

Pros

Quick Books Payroll provides excellent support and set. They even corrected errors from the previous payroll provider. You will enjoy the experience!

Cons

I could not find any problems. If there was an issue Quick Books service immediately solved the problem.

Basic Functionality

Customer service was not the best. I would spend hours on the phone with a rep to try to get a resolution. Even then, it took multiple calls for the task to be completed.

Pros

Software is great for smaller companies with only salaried employees that expect minimal changes between payroll runs.

Cons

Adding a view of payroll changes each period would be helpful to identify major changes or potential mistakes. Also allowing employees to update their W-4 information on their own would have saved time from an HR standpoint, as well as mitigated risk.

Sub Par Customer Support

Pros

Quickbooks is somewhat easy to use and somewhat affordable. But, they are becoming more and more incompatible with other platforms and I find they are becoming obsolete for my business.

Cons

Quickbooks Pro Advisor support is one of the worst i have ever used. It has taken me multiple calls that have lasted over an hour in duration each to try to solve support issues. They are still not solved and I can not find anyone who can provide answers. Definitely not customer support friendly.

Excellent service

I enjoy the excellent customer service provided each time I have called in. Each representative is patient, kind and you can hear the smile on the other end of the phone.

Pros

It is user friendly with zero complaints.

Cons

We have no complaints. Any issues have been on our end, ex. when updating our internal system.

Great payroll tool

I like Quickbooks Payroll. We've been using it for a while and it is easy to set up without customer service and easy to use for next day direct deposit to employees.

Pros

Great payroll tool. Easy to set up and pay people with direct deposit or check. Can be used to set up 1099s and keep track of yearly pay to employees.

Cons

Testing accounts can take some time if you don't want to use your bank information to sign in via Quickbooks Payroll. Other than that it's pretty easy to use.

Makes paying employees and contractors easier and more professional

The ease of use and professional appearance have helped our company's payroll thrive.

Pros

This software has helped our small business present ourselves more professionally when paying employees and contractors. It has streamlined our payment process, making it quicker and easier. I no longer have to write out physical checks or trying to rely on an online payment system which I fear may leak my employee's information.

Cons

Quickbooks Payroll had a huge learning curve for someone with little accounting background. Therefore, the setup process was frustrating. However, their customer service is excellent and was very helpful.

excellent customer service

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] did an excellent job on glance intuit assisting with my issue. Overall the software easily navigable, But it does take some practice.

Cons

IT does take some practice getting used to the software considering the software is very robust in what it offers.