QuickBooks Payroll Reviews - Page 2

QB Payroll Review

Our company started with Quickbooks Payroll 5 years ago with 2 employees and we are still using them today with 25 employees. It is simple enough to use for a start up company, but has the features that are needed to comply with required regulations as the company grows.

Pros

I like that if I have made a mistake in payroll, I can call QB and it can be "fixed" before the money ever hits our employees' accounts. I also like having the ease of all the payroll summary reports when completing bank and legal documents that ask for payroll information, or creating budgets for the company.

Cons

While the software is great for the majority of payroll situations and the customer service is knowledgeable in most situations, if a more complicated situation arises with payroll, it may take a few calls to get the right person who will keep problem solving with you until the problem is completely resolved.

A God-send for Small Businesses

I would recommend Quickbooks Payroll to new businesses that are looking for an easy way to stay organized and pay bills on time.

Pros

As a cost-plus general contractor, we highly utilize the ERP Integrations System from Procore to create vendors in Quickbooks. Within those vendors, it is easy to enter and pay bills to subcontractors. Creating customer jobs allows us to use job-cost codes to bill our clients. The reconciliation tool helps us double check that our charges match up what is on our monthly statement. Also, the ability...

Cons

The reconciliation tool for credit card charges can be challenging to use and takes additional introduction and training from an accountant to ensure it is being done correctly.

Save the day!!

LMR saved me and my team getting paid and walked me through and entire process in one hour that took Surepayroll a month to do. And didn't even get it right. LMR saved that day and it was so refreshing and easy to use and she was so knowledgeable and helpful and really went over and above what I could ask for. I can't believe I didn't sign up with Intuit payroll first. Now I know!

Pros

the UI, ease of use and how everything flows and is connected

Cons

I can't think of anything right now. So, I may have to get back to you.

From Desktop program to Online program

Fast, prompt and knowledgeable assistance. As a new user to the online platform I am a bit of a chore to help, however I have received fantastic service including explanations so guide to me should the issue return. It is comforting that I can expect a prompt response when I reach out for help as I am uncomfortable with any facet of the company bookkeeping in limbo for any length of time.

Pros

Automatic features such as tax calculations and submit, ease of importing bank feeds.

Cons

Templates limited in customization. Possibly because we are a construction office and our invoicing is a bit particular. Also, I have customized and saved a report similar to the 'print check stub' feature in the desktop version, small learning curve there and wouldn't mind seeing that report option.

Best of the Best

Pros

Love using Quickbooks compared to everything else we've ever tried

Cons

Not really much, other than the learning curve, but they help out with that a ton. For example, I spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] today who walked me through something I was having issues with. Great job!

User Friendly

Pros

Customizable for my business, I like that some items are automatic.

Cons

I wish I could make 401k contributions and dhhr payments through quickbooks so that it was done automatically with payroll. I can make deductions but would love for them to be sent.

Simple solution to running payroll via mobile device

My overall experience with both the software and support have been nothing but the best. I think the best feature of Quickbooks Payroll is the service you receive when talking with a solutions agent.

Pros

I enjoy the use of the mobile app to easily review payroll and pay my employees in a timely manner. I also enjoy the functionality of time sheets compatibility to payroll.

Cons

There is nothing. The call back with support is amazing and is withing a reasonable time period to reach back out when I needed the service.

Horrible Direct Deposit

try it and you will find out.

Pros

It is cheap and integrated with Quickbooks

Cons

Good luck with their new Risk Assessment Department. I have been trying to do Direct Deposit for 3 months in my new company and they cannot get their act together. It is harder than getting a mortgage. My other companies are fine but now they keep asking more and more info to just run $2000 a week in payroll. All because "I am a new company and they front the direct desposit funds". I really do not care. Any other payroll company can do this. They should state that they do not offer direct deposit for new companies.

I should have switched sooner!

I have used Intuit full payroll for years and have been very pleased with them. It was a no brainer to convert from desktop and integrate full payroll with the online quickbooks. Now I can so everything within one program and have assess to my banking transactions! First thing I must say is if you are moving from desktop/intuit full payroll like me, then be ready to back off and let the teams do their jobs. Then dig in and learn the minor changes that are on the software. The customer service has been the best and very helpful!

Pros

I like that it is so accessible and easy. Having been a long time customer of Intuit payroll with my desktop quickbooks the integration of both together has made my life easier!

Cons

The process was more complicated and took longer than I anticipated. I expected my intuit full payroll service to quickly convert to the QBO full payroll. Clearly there are things I cannot see and did not know that took longer. Over all the transition has been very positive. This isn't really a "con" but I would advise future customers to make sure their desktop is completely up todate before they export, then set the desktop version aside and run with the online version. It will simplify your bookkeeping by hours!!!

Very Good Product for Most Situations (with certain reservations)

Generally, customer service is excellent. However, one client with a less-than-perfect record of NSF situations for direct deposit (two incidents in two years due to error, not fraud or deceit) has been severely (and in my opinion, unreasonably) penalized by the QB Payroll Risk Team. In both cases, the funds were supplied the same day, and the client paid a fine. The last incident was more than a year ago, and the risk team still requires that the client submit payroll five banking days before the direct deposit date. On weeks with Monday holidays, employees must wait until the following Tuesday to receive their pay. Of course, the remedy is to never, ever make mistakes with direct deposit funds.

Pros

QuickBooks Online and TSheets interface. Customer service and problem resolution are generally excellent, with well-trained and proficient agents taking calls or on chat. (See below for a specific situation description.)

Cons

QBO and TSheets do not track projects at any sub-level, such as task or milestone, so employee expenses allocated to projects require painful, manual Excel manipulation to bill clients based upon task or milestone accomplishments. Who ever heard of a project without tasks or milestones?

QuickBooks is Awesome

Pros

It is user friendly. Makes accounting more efficient. Reports provide all necessary information.

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like about this software.

We've got this growing and learning together!

The service can be amazing! I would like to have the option of more power to make my own changes without the assistance of the Pros. Yes, the pros often save my butt but as an innovative entrepreneur I would still appreciate more "EUREKA" moments where I have the freedom to solve my own problems intuitively. Please simplify making changes to bank accounts and other simple controls. Set us up for success and set us free! : )

Pros

Innovation is key! This service offers ways to stretch and grow your company.

Cons

The hard part is keeping up with the changes. I would like to have the option to keep things the way that I have learned and "freeze" my choices when the gears are flowing. Sometimes enough is actually enough. Old school can be enough.

QuickBooks Payroll Support

More time to focus on the business.

Pros

Ease of use and peace of mind with timely filings and top notch support.

Cons

Would like to be able to classify payroll items by employee.

QuickBooks Full Service Payroll Rocks

QuickBooks Full Service Payroll has saved me a great deal of time and has assured the accuracy of my Payroll Work. Time saved is money earned and accuracy results in client satisfaction.

Pros

Full Service Payroll is easy to use and it is priced competitively. I like the fact that there are informed Tech Support individuals available when I need a question answered or need help. Today, #CJM was able to help me by quickly adding a payroll item so I could complete my QBO payroll processing in short order. I also like the fact that I do not have to worry about the calculation of or the timing of payroll deposits.

Cons

I do not have any negative comments about Full Service Payroll.

QuickBooks Full service Payroll

The service is great. I have used it since the first day our company opened. Last week I spoke to a payroll specialist, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] , regarding some payroll checks that I couldn't reconcile. She not only helped with that problem but stayed on the phone with me for almost an hour and a half and walked me through a ton of other bookkeeping problems I had. She was super friendly and her excitement made me feel good about Bookkeeping! I learned more from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in a couple of hours than I have since I started using Quickbooks 3 years ago. The full service Payroll department is the best of all the Quickbooks services offered.

Pros

They handle everything Payroll related. The can share the screen with you and show you how to fix problems.

Cons

Sometimes takes a while to get someone on the phone.

Payroll Product

Excellent Experience

Pros

Easily to use and works great with my clients needs

Cons

I been real happy with the software. Works great for all my clients needs.

Quickbooks Payroll don't be fooled

If you have a simple payroll this is not a terrible product. If you have employees in multiple states, I would not recommend.

Pros

The integration with Quickbooks online was a key factor. It is also very easy to use once the setup is complete.

Cons

The customer service is non-existent. I have a client that uses the full service payroll, and if there is an error where Quickbooks is at fault, it is impossible to ever get them to pay for the error, they will admit the responsibility, but they will not pay for the responsibility. The customer service is tiered so you never speak to a decision maker even when the error is a significant dollar amount....

Service and support have taken a huge turn for the worse

Pros

Initially, before they took data away from the end user, I liked everything.

Cons

The customer service has become deplorable as of this writing. Never used to be that way. I have been without my payroll data since 1/16, and after 16 separate phone calls, each running through the same steps over and over, the same results. Nothing. Keep being informed that the "engineering team" is on it, but still no resolutions. They promise to call you back later that day, no call. So, I call...

Great potential!

When it's all working, it's great!

Pros

I use the Enhanced Payroll and it works really good. Keeps track of your payroll liabilities, and allows you to pay them online through Quick Books, which is great when it works.

Cons

We switched bank accounts, and it was a nightmare trying to switch all of the payroll direct deposit stuff over. In addition, someone in the office picked up the wrong state for withholding and unemployment and we still have't been able to get rid of it. Just like with Quick Books, if you have a problem and call customer service, plan on several hours with them. They are not quick and often transfer you around before you can finally find someone who can help.

Quickbooks Payroll

Amazing customer service

Pros

The ease of learning the program was enjoyable

Cons

Can't say that there is anything that I don't like

Quickbooks makes life easier

We can do all our invoicing and payroll in the same place. I don't have to have a million different programs going at once which makes things much quicker and more smooth.

Pros

I like that quickbooks offers an app so we can access our account even when we are working on the road. It is a very user friendly program

Cons

I have found that the help feature is not always helpful, but once I get connect to a person they always answer all of my questions.

An Industry-Leader & Solid Product

Overall, the experience has been positive but I am unsure about the current trends and future

Pros

Name recognition; ease of access & availability to our firm and also the clients; and familiarity of the product.

Cons

The overall cost to use the product, largely due to always-increasing subscription prices, is the primary downside to using QuickBooks Payroll, or any Intuit/QuickBooks product.

Do NOT get this service

For the major problems described above, I would not recommend this product to any small business. There are many very good payroll services that are more user friendly, customer orientated and WILLING TO HELP. These guys are the fat cat who could care less about you, your needs, your business. They act like they are doing you a favor for the chance of doing business with them. Good example - we had a problem on the last day of filing and? They closed their customer service. No help. Period. If you have to file late and get fined, too bad. They also screwed up the direct deposits. This is a unreliable service.

Pros

Basic payroll features all present to list employees info, etc. No problem there. Best feature is that it was embedded into our online Quick Books.

Cons

the WORST feature of this service which makes it a FAILURE for small business is the inflexibility and rigidity of deadlines. For example the last month of a QTR ends and next day you want to enter data, or even make a small change, for the previous week, or month or quarter - TOO BAD - you can not. Period. No compromise. No hope. Be clear this is ARBITRARY. But they could care less. The Federal...

Quickbooks wins again

Quickbooks has helped me to organize payroll and helped me to insure that PPP money has been used appropriately.

Pros

I really like how knowledgeable the customer service staff is. I am not an expert in payroll. Quickbooks customer service has been incredible at helping me to learn what needs to be done and where when it comes to payroll. I have many questions being a small business owner and quickbooks can usually answer any questions I have. Very happy with the service!!!!

Cons

Overall I am very happy with the software and customer support.

Full Payroll Service Review

It is much easier to keep track of what we are paying and to whom without as many errors.

Pros

It is very easy for our company to keep track of our different employees that work in different states and process their payroll accordingly as well as payroll taxes. It is also easy to pay your unemployment and withholding taxes as well as file quarterly reports and such. They have great customer service if you are ever stuck and need help they will walk you through on what you need to do.

Cons

I have not currently found anything I don't like the more I am learning daily the easier it is getting.