Open Time Clock Logo
Open Time Clock

Free online time clock, attendance tracking software.

visit website

Open Time Clock Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

Satisfied and will surely recommend to other companies. Very affordable in pricing.
Great software for Free if you don't want to pay for a company to record your time. Easy to use and easy to set up.
We love that it is easy to clock in and out for our team and that we can easily run payroll reports and track overtime.
This web-based system is not, as the name might suggest, actually open source. No Invoice, No Reporting.
Cons: No shift scheduling system. Site is linked to: freetimeclock.com & parktime.com not explained if affiliated or not.
No fee version does not let you print reports.

EH

Erika H.

Vice President

Construction, 1-10 employees

Simple, easy to use time clock software

Transcript

Erika: Hi, my name's Erika. And I am vice president, and I rate Open Time Clock a five out of five. For...

JP

July P.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

free employee time tracking

Pros

They have a free version of employee time tracking

Cons

There are no cons to this software.

RT

Rae T.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

No more time cards

I liked that the employees could punch in and out track their time easily. Easy to set up and change as employees changed.

Pros

Loved that this was a web based software, no machines, no fees!!!

Cons

Should of read disclosure better! No fee version does not let you print reports!!

JP

Jennifer P.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Web based instability

Moved from ancient time clock to this so anything is better.

Pros

Easy to clock in and out. Can add notes to your clock times. Track PTO, sick days taken, customizable date range.

Cons

Web based and regularly unstable. Makes it impossible for everyone to clock out. May just be our network but it's just not to consistent.

JB

Jeffrey B.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Awesome Product and Awesome Price!

I recommend Open Time Clock to anyone looking for a time clock solution.

Pros

Open Time Clock is an excellent cost-effective tool for clocking in and out of work. They provide an easy-to-use back-end tool for setting up users and schedules. Their customizable reports have reduced time spent on payroll and accounting. They offer a free and paid version, with a few perks with the free version.

Cons

I really enjoy Open Time Clock, it's provided us a cost-effective way to manage our payroll.

FM

Freddie M.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Awesome Time Clock Software

100% satisfied and will surely recommend to other companies. Very affordable in pricing.

Pros

Very user' friendly. Have a great experience with customer service support. They responded very quickly on all my issues. Very useful tools and reports.

Cons

Just perhaps an update of the app must be informed on each account holders to avoid login issues. Nobody knows that installing the latest app will solve their login app issue.

PW

Phoebe W.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Such a Convenient Software

Great! I would recommend it to any company looking to find a nice, easy time tracking software for their employees.

Pros

We use the free version of this software and it is a wonderful product for our company. Our employees are able to clock in and out from any computer and I am able to see schedules and track hours with ease. Out of all the office time clock softwares I've used, this is my favorite.

Cons

I have had some issues with it not working with IP addresses and we have had to go back and forth in customer service chats to get the issue resolved. Other than that, it's fantastic.

JG

Jenna G.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Time Clock

I loved this product. Could see who was in the office or out.

Pros

Cons

Nothing this software is great to use especially for a company that is just starting off and need to save money

ml

miri l.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

best for employee clocking

Pros

simple and cheapest software for employees clocking in and out

Cons

i dont see any cons in the software. it's easy to use and has what it needs for schedule tracking

Stuart P.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Pretty good for a free software

We used the free version so it wasn’t the best. I’m not sure how the paid version works. Overall, it got us by until we bought a new software (ClockIt).

Pros

Worked well and didn’t crash too often. Free! Easy to use. Customizable. Nice mobile app.

Cons

Because it was free, almost no support services. Sometimes the clockins didn’t register.

ET

Emily T.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Easy for what it is used for

Pros

I used this software when I was hourly at my job. We used to write down and turn in our time sheets which was very problematic and time consuming. Open Time Clock was easy and efficient.

Cons

The software can be confusing for the first couple of months you are using it.

Eh

Erika h.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Simple, easy to use time clock software

We have been able to keep a better eye on our productivity and manage our employees time.

Pros

Cons

I wish it imported directly to ADP to make processing payroll even faster

AG

Amber G.

Pharmaceuticals, 1-10 employees

Pros

This software is awesome for clocking in and out at work. It is so easy to use and edit. My boss can print them out and send them to her accountant.

Cons

The only thing I don’t like about this software is when I try to log in and look at my time it will sometimes think I’m clocking in or out but it’s easy to edit that.

RN

Rick N.

Construction, 1-10 employees

ADVANTAGES EVERYWHERE

Pros

What I liked about the software is that is free! and for companies over 50 employees like Rocky's is just ridiculous to leave a bad review with a company with so many employees like that he should purchase a software instead of looking for a free solution, that is just being cheap, this software is free and is perfect for a company that has not much money to invest, so this free software needs our support money and help I suggest we help them at the very least giving a good review and feedback so they fix their mistakes if they have any

Cons

no cons is free, nothing could ever be wrong when cost you nothing

YS

Yessenia S.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Great feature to check employees time

Great free time clock for the business!

Pros

It's a free time clock to check employees time. It is pretty easy to setup accounts and for employees to clock in and out. The free version has unlimited managers and employees to add, which is great!

Cons

Sometimes clock in hours didn't appear.

DM

Dani M.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

We use it every day!

Overall, it's been easy and efficient and just what we need!

Pros

So easy to use, didn't even have to be trained. Love using it to track my hours, and there are ways to leave comments if you need management to tweak your hours. The vacation request space is also very user friendly.

Cons

It tends to log me out, but now that my computer saved my info it's a lot faster again.

SE

Sonia E.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Amazing free program for time sheets control and record.

It is a great and free option to have records over your employees working times.

Pros

What I like most it's that is completely free, it allows you to have control over the time your employees are working, view time sheets, and it has unlimited employees to add. It is great for any type of businesses.

Cons

Support is completely by e-mail. They don't have a phone number for support or assistance.

LG

Laura G.

Human Resources, self-employed

Open time clock is great!

I think this is a great tool that we will continue to use!

Pros

This is potentially a free time tracking software that allows you to track employees time without having to pay.

Cons

The PTO accruals is a bit tricky with carryforeard time off. But if you are a small business you should be able to take the time to make it work.

AM

AJ M.

GREAT FOR KEEPING TRACK OF CONTRACTORS

My company primarily works with contractors. Though paid an hourly wage, our contractors are able to work their own schedules and work remotely from any device. We need a better sysyem in place to offer in keeping daily track of when our contractors were working as we contract hours out weekly for tasks and assignments. This system was perfect for this so we could assess productivity compared to quality of work.

RL

Raymel L.

Basic & User-Friendly System

Good basic attendance and login recording system. Pros: User-friendly dashboard. Employee time clock. Generates payroll. Time sheet generation. Unlimited Managers & Employees. Free system. Cons: No shift scheduling system Site is linked to: freetimeclock.com & parktime.com not explained if affiliated or not.

RM

Rocky M.

Retail, 51-200 employees

DISASTROUS

at least to try the online web clock to see if its possible

Pros

WEB TIME CLOCK

Cons

LITTLE OR NO SUPPORT - OUT OF A DOZEN EMAIL/CHAT ONLY A FEW RESPONSES AND OF COURSE THEY ALWAYS 'CLOSE' THE CASE AS SUCCESSFUL WHEN THEY REPLY NO COMMUNICATION TO SEE IF IT REALLY IS.

PG

Paul G.

Arts and Crafts, 11-50 employees

I like that free version includes clock in/clock out, automatic payroll calculation, & mobile access

Pros

The basic version is, however, free for unlimited users and employees.

Cons

To get that you need to upgrade to the standard plan. Unfortunately, the free version doesn't include reporting or web-camera functionality. This web-based system is not, as the name might suggest, actually open source No Invoice, No Reporting