SocialSchedules Reviews - Page 2

Scheduling of employees has been great and saved me time. I wish there were better printable versions of the schedule, maybe with customizable options. We use a physical copy of a schedule as well as the online version, and I have to create one from scratch the printable version is so bad with open sim sim. Overall I enjoy open sim sim, and it is FREE!!!! ALSO NO MONTH VIEW :(

Pros

Easy to use. Notifications to employee devices so they always know when an update is out. Saves me time calling everyone.

Cons

There is no month view. We schedule based on monthes and it is very annoying having to go through 4 separate weeks. Month views are the norm with every other calendar I have used.

Great Open

An easy way to customize roster, chat to member staff, updating information. Personally, I liked the app so much.

Pros

All you need to communicate with staff members, checking rosters and updating information are provided in such a clear and easy way. Easy to manipulate, easy to use. Simple but easy :)

Cons

There is trouble to sign is sometimes. Even after a few times, it took way too long to log in. There were also mixed up profile pictures when we had a group chat.

Great Use at our Outdoor Education Center

Our Rostering was happening via email, and only be 1 staff, it made it very hard to track staff times and changes, now it is a lot easier for everyone to see what is going on.

Pros

Easy to use, super convenient for all staff Young and Old, Efficient at getting simple changes out quickly and efficiently, Very User Friendly Interface ( not technical)

Cons

I wish that this software could display a Month View for Rostering Purposes, would also be good if you could add Notes on the date for your own purpose ( ie, to remind yourself of things ) Also from a staff feedback perspective an add in so that it syncs with calendars would be handy.

OpenSimSim review

My experience has generally been positive - it makes picking up and swapping shifts far easier which means people are more likely to swap a shift than cancel it altogether, so staffing levels are generally improved as a result of this.

Pros

Updates come quickly (in real time) to allow me to pick up shifts successfully. It’s generally straightforward to use, and I like that it reminds me how long I have before my next shift.

Cons

Sometimes swapping shifts can be a little tricky, as it isn’t immediately clear how to do it the first time. I also found the layout of the message function unclear - some formatting to make it clearer would go a long way.

Open sim sim - Quality tool to ensure efficiency within your business

Beneficial in keeping tabs on annual leave and ensuring that the staff do take enough annual leave throughout the year. Open sim sim is an excellent tool for overseeing and updating rosters. Also great for ongoing communication with staff. Thanks Sim Sim :)

Pros

Great with managing staff and rosters. user friendly and has helped with staff consistency, annual leave confirmation and all round is a great tool to use in a childcare/ early education industry

Cons

Was more difficult to use with casual staff members

great for small companies

i definitely am happy with the labor cost that is provided with each schedule. the format is easy to use.

Pros

i love that i can select how much the different job positions get paid so i can see how much the company will be spending on labor each week. it makes it incredibly easy to see where i can cut down on labor to make our percentage lower.

Cons

i wish that i could actually make the schedule on my phone, instead of only being able to edit it.

Simple Interface

With open sim sim my company is able to easily send out our schedule, update it across all devices and most importantly stay in touch with our team members with specials weekly notes, shift notes and messaging.

Pros

I like that myself and my staff can easily communicate between shifts through the messaging portion of the app. I also like the simplicity of it.

Cons

My least favorite thing is sometime the app crashes or loads the wrong photos & name on the chat feature.

Volunteer Schedule

This is a very easy to use product.

Pros

I like the price, because we are a non-profit organization with about 20 volunteers. I needed something that would keep track of everyone and with your product I can see the schedule on my phone or computer. It is very handy.

Cons

I'd like to be able to schedule people from my phone.

Couldn't live without it

Saves me a huge amount of time with scheduling, and reduces confusion and missed shifts.

Pros

It keeps all our scheduling info in one place, and updates on everyone's phones so it's almost impossible for staff to miss schedule updates.

Cons

It's a really great system so I have very few complaints. I wish it was possible to bulk edit shift opportunities as open to the whole network as opposed to just open by invite, but that is a quibble.

Scheduling made easy

We have been using OpenSimSim for over a year now and all my colleagues love it. I used to get my schedule emailed to me, then I'd put it on my work Outlook calendar, then I'd put it in my Google calendar. Now I just open the app to view my schedule. It's half the work I used to do!

Pros

Having an app to view your work schedule is an awesome idea. You get updates when new schedules are posted or modified.

Cons

Can't see who is working if you are scheduled off for a day.

It is powerful yet simple to use and my staff responds quicker in accepting assignments.

Saves me time and makes the weekly task of scheduling more efficient.

Pros

It has the power of programs. It is simple to set up schedules and most of my staff have been able to figure it out easily. It takes me about the same time to produce the weekly schedule, but I love being able to hit publish and be done as opposed to then spending the same amount of time cutting and pasting individual schedules to each persons separate email. My staff seem to respond faster and I'm able to make last minute changes faster.... And the fact that it is free is a huge plus!

Cons

I love the flexibility offered through the use of positions and sections. It is a challenge though to remember which sections I've assigned to different positions when creating a schedule because the sections only show up when you open an individuals assignment window. It would be awesome to have both positions and sections show up in the scheduling master view.

A simple mans simple review

This program has made writing rosters for a small team simple and efficient. The staff time off requests are easy to process and track. It was much easier and quicker than making up spreadsheets and filling out manually.

Pros

Ease of use, clear simple lay out, quick learning curve for understanding the product functionality. The team also find it easy to understand.

Cons

No roster costing. When copying shifts sometimes it clicks into the same team member and comes up with an error message.

Sim Sim Review

communication with co workers schedules at locations in different. knowing a persons schedule without having to try and call them

Pros

that I can see everyone's schedule on the team. As long as they have entered it correctly. Real easy to use and add multiple schedules at once. The App

Cons

It has some issues working with Iexplorer

Sim sim is handy

Some problems with getting employees disconnected.

Pros

For the most part it’s very straight forward and easy to figure out.

Cons

How difficult it is to break a link in your network if they have more than one account. There’s no option to edit a profile after they are connected. I also dislike that once I posted a schedule I could not fix any issues without notifying everyone

OpenSimSim life changer

Loved it from day one of use so simple to use and easy for staff to understand.

Pros

With opensimsim I save so much time that I would of wasted texting staff or messing up holdays or staff would mess up time off requests. But with opensimsim its now apart of the staffs language and life. I highly recommend opensimsim and will never stop using it.

Cons

I love this product but it can be slow loading.

easy time saving app

It great as it save me so much time, as I no longer have to contact everyone individually.

Pros

The ease of organising the shifts for each day and instantly getting confirmation from my employees.

Cons

I dislike the colour choices of the website and app as it can be very hard to read, we have a couple of visually impaired employees who are unable to use the app, an option of just black and white would be good.

Great, but slow

So far OpenSimSim has been a mixed bag. When it works well it's a fantastic software. When it doesn't work well it's absolutely frustrating to deal with. We used OpenSimSim so that way if people needed to be able to switch shifts or request time off there was a place where these requests were stored and could be accepted or declined. Our old program was all manual so it's a big help being able to see who can work and who can't all at once.

Pros

I like that it's easy to see when you and/or your peers work on the web version of opensimsim. It's easy to set-up for your work weeks too so it'll accurately show how many hours you're getting in a week, and it being easy to customize is a nice feature too.

Cons

Sending messages to your peers is really slow. Even with a perfect connection it might take serveral (1-5 minutes) to send a message. Also, there was a problem my peers and I had with signing into OpenSimSim. I wish they had a feature to upload your schedule to a third party app such as Google Calendar or being able to do it on your phone using your Apple calendar. So that way my spouse and I can plan around my schedule. Another con is that it'll automatically sign you out every week. We had assigned computers at work so having to sign into my computer every single day is a waste of time.

Makes scheduling easy!

Makes it easy to schedule employees work schedules, days off and to change schedules.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and helps us organize the schedules for 2 offices.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about the software at this point.

Opensimsim

We are using opensimsim for rostering. Staff look at their schedule weekly.

Pros

User friendly and easy to view the weekly roster

Cons

Lack of support from the staff when we want to ask questions. We need to wait for sometime for the reply of the call.

Dependable, Easy to use but still requires a few more minor updates

OpenSimSim has been amazing for the last half a year, the support is great and the features it offers makes it compete with much larger brands. Honestly, couldn't get much better!

Pros

Most features that come with the software are free of charge. The customer support is fantastic. The use of a mobile app is also quite handy. Ability to create several different schedules underneath the same account.

Cons

Sometimes tends to slow down a bit (especially around noon-ish) Could do with giving the user a better monthly view and the ability to see his/her co-workers shifts.

Great for small staff!

Prior to using open SimSim we used a google doc. This software has helped remind our staff of shifts and made it much easier for us to schedule and swap shifts around.

Pros

OpenSimSim will send my staff notifications of their shifts, they can easily apply for shifts and swap shifts. Makes managing their schedules a breeze!

Cons

I have no complaints about this software. It has worked great for our small staff.

Love this!

Pros

This makes it easy for employees to be able to see what days they work as well as who they work with. Super easy to use for employer as well as employees.

Cons

The only complaint I would have about OpenSimSim is their most recent update made it so there is no difference between managers and employee schedules so I am not able to schedule myself or my assistant manager.

Restaurant

Overall great software. Would recommend to anyone looking for scheduling app.

Pros

Free software. Use of adding and dropping shifts for employees and swapping shifts.

Cons

There was a way to only allow managers/admins to set availability for employees and changes to availability require approval. For set schedules, defeats purpose of request offs if employees can set availability day to day.

Payroll Software

Overall great use and price

Pros

web-based, price, and on-boarding for employees. The software gives you the flexibility that you need when running payroll.

Cons

No phone app. It is difficult to navigate the first uses.

Overall, a Great App for Small Businesses

It’s been an easy to use software that my employees like using as well.

Pros

The ease of use on a desktop computer is great, very intuitive and easy to use. It has all the essentials you’d want from a scheduling app.

Cons

I do my schedule mostly on my iPad, and unfortunately the app isn’t on the admin end. It’s designed for employees not managers/administrators. I’d love an app made specifically for managers but for now I have to use Google Chrome and even then there are some glitches I don’t come across while on a normal desktop.