SocialSchedules Reviews - Page 3

OpenSimSim is great and easy to use

OpenSimSim has simplified my process of scheduling employees on a weekly basis. It's drop shifts and shift swaps are convenient to keep track of who is scheduled to work. I would definitely recommend this service to other businesses.

Pros

I enjoy OpenSimSim's easy to use software. I can easily schedule all my employees on a weekly basis and I'm given everyone's total hours for the week. I also enjoy that all my employees have access to their schedules from their phones and that all managers have easy access to confirm who is working on what days.

Cons

I don't like that employees can update their availability on their own. This creates problems for me because they will change their availability rather than put in time off requests for a day off.

Helpfully straightforward but could use more features.

Overall it's a straightforward app but some of its simplicity sacrifices functionality. Really looking forward to Google Calendar syncing.

Pros

Simple and straightforward. Switching to team view on Mobile is super convenient.

Cons

No team view on browser for desktop. Also, shift sizing in week view on doesn't scale with actual shift length, which can make it a little less easy to understand.

Can't live without Opensimsim

I'm very happy.

Pros

Makes it very easy to see a whole week to schedule out with vacations blocked out so I know exactly who I can schedule and when. Employees love the mobile app and ease of use to ask for time off and to see schedule at a glance.

Cons

I wish it had a feature to keep up with hours for my remote working employees to clock-in and out.

Opensimsim

This software keeps are employees up to date with their schedule

Pros

This software is so easy to use. We have set it up on each employees phone so they have access to their schedule. It makes it easier on them. Plus if we need to make changes it will update.

Cons

I have not had any issue and I have not spoken with any employee that had something negative to say.

Awesome Scheduling App!

My restaurant was approached by Open Sim Sim this year and I could not be happier! Our rep and his team are always there for you with any questions or concerns. My management team used to stress out on scheduling and would work on them for hours. Now with the Open Sim app, I am able to schedule 4 weeks out in less than 20 minutes! The staff loves the ease of swapping shifts, picking up shifts, and reading shift notes at the press of a couple buttons. It's great to get the word out of anything that might be going on. Large parties last minute, servers calling out sick, etc. I highly recommend Open Sim Sim to any restaurant manager. You will not be disappointed!

Opensimsim

Employee usage/Financial. Employees not only have access to the free app, but this also gives them better opportunity to use the software. It's also less complicated then the previous scheduler that we used.

Pros

Easy, straight forward usage. It's easy to compare week to week with the report viewer when looking between departments.

Cons

Changing from different job codes, as well as the difference between the end of shift options

Great Software

We have had NO staff no-shows. Staff are able to see shift changes live (previously we were using an excel document). The roster is accessible and comprehensible.

Pros

This software is perfect for managing casual staff! The roster is accessible, shifts are easily tracked for the individual and the use of notifications has proved awesome.

Cons

We require the option of amending shifts from past weeks to reflect changes that may have occurred on shift. We require the option to swap shifts between casuals that have different "positions".

Excellent Software and good customer service.

Mobile and consistent schedule accessibility. Has also made the writing process easier so the staff has gotten more personally tailored schedules sooner, and has reduced the stress on my schedule writers.

Pros

Ease of use, excellent communication tools, ability to manage multiple locations and still communicate across the company.

Cons

Not much to complain about. Updates sometimes pose a bit of a learning curve, but that could be attributed more to users than any glitches. Even still, customer service is quick to respond and solve solutions to problems as they arise.

It works, but not the best.

For being a cheap/free program it does the job and the development team seems to be active in improving the software. OpenSimSim is unintuitive and awkward but getting better.

Pros

I like the ability to adjust a single day of availability and the ease of communication with the scheduling supervisor for things like time off requests. There are a lot of functions for this software, such as seeing the schedule of the whole team for the week.

Cons

The feature access is unintuitive and difficult to work with. An example of this: the only way to see the full team schedule is to open the mobile version and rotate into landscape view. There are some features you can only use on mobile and some you can only use on desktop browser.

General Manager

great tool

Pros

easy to use, Employees can request off and blocks that day to avoid scheduling errors.

Cons

would like to leave comments above each day for employees to see as well as managers.

Easy App for Scheduling

Pros

I can assign each employee there position for the day for the whole month. It's also a great way to let staff know if we have extra hours that are available if they want them.

Cons

I have schedules for receptionists, technicians, and kennel staff I would change it so that you could see them all together and not just individually.

Easy to use and set up

Very satisfied with the product, user friendly and the utilization of requesting time off to switching shifts.

Pros

Very user friendly, for both my team who makes the schedule and my associates that use it.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind about the overall software

Super Scheduling App

A great easy to use scheduling app.

Pros

Ease of scheduling and group messaging employees

Cons

Not being able to override availability manipulation by employees

Open Sim Sim Reveiw

My overall experience with Open SimSim has been positive, with a couple of frustrating times when I have had to have a supervisor's assistance with it.

Pros

It enables me to communicate my scheduling requirements to my supervisor. Also, it enables me to sign up for available shifts.

Cons

There have been issues, at times, with signing into the app.

OpenSimSim

Pros

How many functions it has outside of the schedule software (payroll, message board, etc...)

Cons

It seems very slow and can be difficult to use at times...will say that an employee is unavailable, even though they are available. Or, will be moving a shift onto one employee and it will actually assign to another.

Free Scheduler

OVERALL THE EXPERIENCE IS GREAT. THE TECH SUPPORT AND THE INSTANT CHAT HAS BEEN HELPFUL WITH SOLVING MY PROBLEMS SEAMLESSLY AND QUICKLY IN THE PAST. I HAVE ONLY EVER HAD ONE, BUT IT HELPS TO KNOW SOMEONE IS READILY AVAILABLE.

Pros

I LIKE THE ABILITY TO MAKE THE SCHEDULE AND PUT IN SCHEDULE REQUESTS FOR PEOPLE TO SIGN UP ON. I LIKE TO BE ABLE TO COLOR CODE ANY POSITION, AS WELL AS WHEN PEOPLE CALL OUT

Cons

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SEND MASS MESSAGES I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PUT IN FOR MULTIPLE SHIFT OPPORTUNITIES AT ONE TIME

Excellent Product

Pros

I love being able to access and use the software from the app on my phone, anywhere at anytime I love that my staff can drop and pick up shifts with very little intervention by myself It really helps with rostering my staff across 3 different sites

Cons

Occasional glitches but this is very rare

Schedules

Opensimsim also tells me how many hours I have people scheduled to work.

Pros

I like that I can put everyone into 1 source and make a schedule that goes out to all the employees. I can also make changes between employees when shifts are swapped.

Cons

I can't make any changes to an employee time off once its approved.

Beautiful and easy

Because of OpenSimSim it has been really easy to make rota's for multiple store's. I really like the way it looks. Because of that it is a pleasure to work with!

Pros

I really like how easy it is to use. Everything makes sense. Making a rota has never been so easy! The mobile app is working like a charm!

Cons

I would change the overview of Time Off Requests. If you are doing multiple rota's for multiple store's you will easily loose track of when and when something has or hasn't been approved.

Great Visibility for the entire team

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to communicate quickly to the term.

Cons

I sometimes find it a little clunky & the platform seems to be slow when loading some messages. It is a little confusing to know who you are answering in a message & it will sometimes post the wrong picture on the persons message.

Great Customer Service

Pros

It is easy to use on any Apple products. Everything like time off requests and messages are easily accessible.

Cons

In comparison with the previous software I had been using, the previous one had a better ease of access. Using the app on any phone or laptop that is not an Apple product is a hassle.

OpenSimSim has made my scheduling life super easy !

Most importantly... it allowed me to save a significant amount of time and gave me the ability to communicate very effectively with all my teams in a super easy fashion.

Pros

- Ability to schedule with super ease - Ability to see labor costs - Most importantly the ability to communicate with all team members via app vs. having to track them down - Schedule changes are super easy and flawless

Cons

- It keeps signing me out (which is not really a huge deal). - Sometimes the login security can be burdensome

Free Version Suits Our Team

Very happy with what we have been able to accomplish with the free version.

Pros

Great for keeping messages between staff and managers in one location. Pretty intuitive to set up and use. Appreciate having the free version available.

Cons

Lack of calendar view customization in a way I would have preferred.

OpenSimSim - Pros & Cons

It is easy to use. The mobile version is more user-friendly than the desktop, which as we are in an office environment, is inconvenient. The mobile app is very nice to use. Overall, OpenSimSim meets our needs and we are able to accomplish what we needed. The variance feature is what fits our needs best. However, OpenSimSim seems more fitted to restaurants or maybe even retail rather than an office.

Pros

Based on the manager/administrator role, it was fairly easy to use and understand. Some of the features are very nice, specifically the ability to add hour variations.

Cons

For the employee view, it is not as user friendly. It would be nice for the employee to choose their view - whether they want to only see their schedule or certain people's or everyone's that they have access to instead of having to go into each day and choosing to see who else is on. The schedule defaults back to the first date published or created which is inconvient and frustrating. If there is...

OpenSimSim Review

Don't really solve any business problems with OpenSimSim. However it has improved our efficiencies in rostering and allocating time off to staff members.

Pros

* Ease of use * Real live time rosters * Massive time saver when it comes to doing rosters * Staff can block days off and request time off * Brought another element of efficiency to the running of the business

Cons

Honestly there is nothing that I don't like about this software. It took me a while to get my head around it....but now it's all smooth sailing!!