OrangeHRM Reviews

OrangeHRM

Open source human resources software

OrangeHRM

Review Summary

Pros

Excellent management information, it's easy to use. Software functionality is great as wells as its cost, it bring you good tools to improve the development and selection of personnel in your company.

Luimer D.

Read the full review
The orange smart phone APP, is a big plus. The support team is so responsive and helpful and you can contact'em when you are in need.

Read the full review
It is managed by modules which helps to empty the information by parts, recruitment of human talent, full payroll, payment orders, and it is best to see the organization chart of the company.

Read the full review

Cons

I hate to enter my working time here, it is so unbelievable bare bone, I have to create time stamps and enter them into a 1980 style internet form.

Angelo C.

Read the full review
The product does what it says it does, but the user interface is not always intuitive and many of the leave tracking pieces have been confusing for our employees.

Chad A.

Read the full review
My real problem is with customer support. For example to add a new type of leave, you have to have the folks at Orange add it.

Chad A.

Read the full review

Good for small scale project managment companies

This one solved our basic need for Applying leave and Time sheets.With the limitations we are using this for long.

Pros

Very user friendly and we can have all the basic details of us and even with trial version they are providing Check in out to capture attendance also can apply leave to get approval.Can view all the employee details and can update our qualifications,etc. Time sheets functionalities are there. you can track project and task with employee or subordinates.

Cons

There is no functionalities to track employees movement like promotions, increment,etc.Also Time sheets are there but can't assign to a particular person. Can only add to the project

Hi Vinoojan, thank-you for your review. The missing features you describe are available in all our product versions. Would you be willing to speak with a sales representative from our team, who could bring you through a quick demo and ensure you get the most value from the system?

Great tool to manage employee information, days off, and performance reviews

My experience with OrangeHRM is a good one in general, I am happy with the functionalities and the information that I have access to in the platform. Apart from making the calculation of the vacation days easier, I don't have anything to complain about.

Pros

I think the user-experience is above average and it's easy enough to navigate the platform. You have all the necessary information stored in there and you can always check your balance, your performance, even your colleague's birthdays and anniversaries, which is nice. I like the way OrangeHRM is structured and divided into clear categories because it makes navigation easy and time-effective.

Cons

I think the calculation of the vacation days could be made easier. It would be great to see the balance left until the end of the year, instead of having to manually input that timeframe. But I can't tell for sure if this is something set by OrangeHRM or an option that each company can take once setting it up.

Overpromised in every way

We feel like we've wasted a year of resources trying to make it work. Complaints fall on uncaring and slow to respond ears. There are some great features in OrangeHRM, but not much attention is given to the essentials. We are walking away before our 1 year contract is up.

Pros

OrangeHRM offers an on premise option if you prefer to keep your data in house. The mobile interface is nice and easy to use.

Cons

We were promised features that do not exist. It is difficult to use the system for timecard tracking. With the paid version we are only able to export timecards by person rather than in a batch for everyone. Employees are frustrated trying to track their hours throughout the week. There is no easy way to see how many hours you've clocked and holiday and PTO hours do not show in totals. Employees that work overnight have incorrect totals. Support is very slow to respond. We feel mislead about how easy it would be to integrate with our payroll provider. We are a​ small company with about 70 employees and no desire to export 70 files each payroll.

Manage & track the human activities to improve the efficiency & involvement of the company HRM.

I'm able to track my day to day activities by using the system.

Pros

1. Can track the checking in time & checkout time of the employers. 2. Employers can apply the leaves & management can approve the leaves immediately. 3. Can maintain employers detail profile. 4. Can integrate with the fingerprint machines. 5. The system receives the emails both employees & management.

Cons

1. There have some small bugs like When you add check in & check out manually through the system sometimes it not save at once. The user has to re-enter the information again.

Among the best Human resource management software

This software is very comprehensive and includes all employee records including leaves, performance and even time sheets. Highly recommended to any HR managers

Pros

The interface is very user friendly and minimal amount of training is required to get a hang on how to use the software.

Cons

The release is not very stable and sometimes crashing may occur. The customer support team may also delay when responding to issues.

Helpful Open Source Orange HRM software

Pros

Customer services is very good quality.Every one easy to learn and understood this software, it is one of the good management software

Cons

Overall a good OrangeHRM software, none

one of the best softwares for human resource management

One of the best Human Resource management software. I highly recommend it to human resource managers.

Pros

The system covers almost all the aspects of human resource management, including leave management, employee performance and asset recording.

Cons

The Orange HRM is not easy to setup and it is also not very stable. There is a risk of the system crushing and user losing all the stored data. This has happened to me twice.

Very good Human Resource Software

Very perfect solution and I really love it.

Pros

It's very easy to use. The interface is on point

Cons

There's a module I wanted but didn't see it.

Thank you for the review, Can we know what is the module that you looking for ?

OrangeHRM is a Choice

I like OrangeHRM.

Pros

Open source and easy to deploy locally and easy to use by the users.

Cons

Not many free module is integrated one of them asset module is not free.

I want to use this with my customers

well, i am from Pakistan, and i really want that someone authorize me to sale this officially all over Pakistan and in UAE. is there any way?

Pros

Overall experience is good, i am happy to use it

Cons

if it is with payroll then it will be great

Thank you for the comment. Please goto this page https://www.orangehrm.com/partners/ . You can signup for partnership. Thank you

A Cloud Based HRM Application We Could Not Do Without

We researched several HRM applications at the time we decided to transition away from our prior system. We weighed all options and made the decision to go with OrangeHRM. Pros: o Excellent customer support o Very easy and functional report generator application for ad-hoc reporting o Easy to use timesheet tracking built as module within the system o Leave tracking seemed to happen effortlessly o...

Great for Medium size companies

its a good tool for a small company, I don't see this tool being used by a multinational company, but its a good fit for small to mid size operations

Pros

OrangeHRM is a very intuitive software, basic management of your workforce, it has a simple way to show the information about your employees, personal and job data, loading the data is simple and the transactional part is not complicated at all, you can perform multiple transactions for your workforce, transfer departments, promotions, shift changes, review the hierarchy and id your employees in a simplistic way

Cons

integration with other applications require additional developments, and the technical support is a bit expensive. multi language support may be challenging.

Is a complete software to collect information about human resources.

You have the information of the work team at the level of human resources updated and on hand for any use that is required.

Pros

It allows to place the detailed information of each member of the work team, it also allows to document the evaluation of performance and maintain a history of it since entering the company. It allows to document the movements of the jobs that a worker has had and their respective movement dates. It allows to design and visualize the organizational structure incorporating the photos of the members of the team. It allows to document the history of all the training that each person has done.

Cons

There is information loaded in the software that is not visible to all users Sometimes you have to go to an administrator to get information from the staff For some users the software is not tractive because the full menu is displayed and tends to confuse the tabs to be used

Simple and Complete HR Solution.

When in need for a specialized software in the work place and on a tight budget for SMB practices FLOSS software usually is my first avenue of exploration. Working as an IT consulting company for multiple vet clinics we were in need of a simple hr/time recording system that could be deployed within minutes and easy to maintain; something we found in OrangeHRM. We primarily use OrangHRM 3.1.1 for...

A good Open Source option for HRM

After a test phase (kind of a Proof of Concept), we decided to use OrangeHRM Open Source + LDAP plug-in. Employees were upset with old leaving request procedures based on documents, forms and email. Now the system has been running a whole year, and everybody loves its simplicity.

Pros

Functionalities included in OrangeHRM Open Source are very useful. Simple and clear database schema. Online demo environment. A good channel in YouTube.

Cons

Lack of a clear release policy (i.e. quarter or year updates). The last two versions of Open Source edition are 3.3.3 and 3.3.2 published in 2016-09-28 and 2015-08-04 respectively while commercial versions are in 5.2 branch. Forums do not work (http://forum.orangehrm.com) and wiki is not updated (http://wiki.orangehrm.com). The Spanish translation is not usable in Spain. We have maid our own translation but we have no official place to share it.

Makes management of employees records very easy

Easy management of employees and eliminated manual ways of leave applications.

Pros

The software is easily customizable, and with only one click it is possible to check on an employees details, approve leave requests, etc.

Cons

The leave request menu in the client side interface is quite ambiguous and can take a while to get used to. Also, the leave request days are ambiguous as they are clocked in decimaled minutes.

Far above average

Overall I'm satisfied with the product and already using for 2 startup level companies.

Pros

Feature rich, good design, easy to use and configure, comes with some pre-configured data and the best part, its absolutely free.

Cons

Some features like leaves etc require special configurations on server. Secondly, in ontrast to other open source HR systems, like icehrm, it doesn't give travel related features for free.

Very good software for small and medium-size businesses

It is very cost effective and hassle-free software. Easy to manage for both admin and user. In one word great app.

Pros

The attendance management is most attractive part of this software. Just log in to the software and it will record your attendance automatically. Integrate your CRM here too.

Cons

Well, I'm still working on that. I'll update here once I come across with anything. As of now didn't find out any.

Great Tool to track Time

Time Tracking was made a cake walk

Pros

I have 25 people reporting into me and OrangeHRM makes it easy for me to track their time and leaves. Adding team members to different projects is really easy

Cons

The support could be a little better. But over all I'm satisfied. We have an in-house support team who helps us when it comes to support.

better platform to monitor organizational human resource management in future business world.

time and cost saving human resource information management software. and it helps to do work simply and faster.

Pros

high quality customer service , covered all of human resource management functions in organization like payroll , time and attendance, performance management, training and development and recruitment ,

Cons

some times have to get technical support for update system entries. poor self learning ability. inconvenience of generate some reports.

Best HR Software I've ever used, and I've used them all.

The value for what you get is amazing. It's extremely user-friendly (especially their new "eagle" version 6.1.) the functions is similar to your top-tier HRMS but the price was a fraction. I highly recommend it

Pros

Top-Tier HR software functionality with the fraction of the price of top tier hr software.

Cons

None.

HRM that works

Pros

Have used many HRM software in past, but I found Orange HRM simple and well organised. It also has capability to get it customized as per our need which makes it very flexible.

Cons

Well, to be honest OrangeHRM has been their for a long period of time and they keep on improving their drawbacks, and I guess community edition has played a crucial part here. The SaaS model should be improved little further otherwise everything is perfect.

Very user friendly interface. Totally recommended.

Pros

My family and I run a small business and OrangeHRM has been extremely helpful when organizing our employee information and records.

Cons

It would be very helpful if it would offer different options to make teams to work with our employees.

Orange HRM

Overall I really Enjoy the easy use of ORANGE HRM and its the perfect HR resource!

Pros

I love this software. It allows me to easily give PTO and keeps everything together. It lets my employees request time off, see who is off, and allows you to view pictures to verify who they are.

Cons

Sometimes it does crash and is frequently going through updates which has put us behind a little at times.

I have been using orange to submit vacations, used time in projects etc..

It's great to fulfill the company needs in terms of managing the employees

Pros

This software has been great so far, its really simple to fulfill the most essential tasks that a company has, like managing employees timesheets, vacations etc..

Cons

The interface is not the best, and it's an online service, is not a software that you can have on your computer, for some people that can be a bummer