Organimi Reviews

Pros

The best thing which I loved about it is that it is made from scratch for creating organisational charts. And the icing on the cake is that the whole process is much clean and intelligent.

Abhishek T.

The UI is great ( that's the main thing which attracted me.). The whole system is very very flexible (like you can almost make and design ANY type of data table. GREAT).

Abhishek T.

Love the ease of use, integration with LinkedIn, and the visual is very good (it's pretty).

Rolly K.

Cons

You need to have integration with Excel. Need to ingest a template the fact that you can't start off there kills your product's use for me.

Ryan C.

I had to make 'fake' people to be able to list departments.

Matthew A.

The ONLY con is I had problems trying to create more than on top level position. We have several boards of equal weight and that created a problem for the chart.

Robert T.

Easy Charts For Large Orgs!

We use this for our business with over 1,000 employees that is fast growing and changing often.

Pros

Easy drag and drop allows quick updates to .org changes.

Cons

None that I can think of. The new version is very stable and printing has become better.

Exceptional Product

Organimi is a great software product. It is easy to use and changes can be made very easily. I would recommend this product to any corporation large or small!

Pros

This product is very easy to use. It is easy to manipulate data, make one off entries, and easy to print and or save the Org charts.

Cons

Getting use to the icons. However after some interaction with your support team all went well!

Best tool available but very strict

Although I can't customize the chart very much, and my options for presenting information are very limited, the tool does deliver the majority of what I was needing. I can produce, maintain and export nice looking charts with far less effort than would be required without Organimi. I'm mostly happy with the tool but I can see switching if a competing product came along that gave me more flexibility. I hope they can improve the tool quickly and head off that decision.

Pros

I went looking for a tool to help me easily generate nice looking org charts and this one did actually deliver. Setup is a bit complicated but at the end of the day I was able to accomplish what I set out to do. It's also fairly easy to update which is a HUGE plus. Generating org charts the old way (Visio) was extremely cumbersome and time consuming.

Cons

Overall there isn't a lot of creative freedom. It's really strict to generating one style of org chart- the top down hierarchy with singular concept of how the chart should look. There are no other type of org structure supported so it's hard to reflect things like a service oriented architecture or a circle diagram to represent high autonomy teams. It's also impossible to customize the information...

Organimi should be integrated in every HR organization !

Backup of the information, Spead, easy versioning of different organograms...

Pros

Easy to use and nice looking are the main advantage of Organimi. If you've struggle building organograms in Excel, powerpoint or other softs, try Organimi and you'll adopt it. The V5 version is definitely faster and easier to use. And bugs seems much less present than in previous versions.

Cons

As every new software, some bugs are still present. The main weak point of previous versions were the "printing" and "exporting" feature, not working well with big organization. However, it seems that V5 version is far more advanced concerning these features. New pricing scheme is also much more adapted in this new version. Integration with Linkedin pictures is already great but could be improved even more (customer is never satisfied !). The drag and drop for changing people from one department to another seems working less well than previous versions....but I consider it a minor defect compared to the other big improvements.

Hi Jean-Philippe, Thank you so much for your positive review of Organimi! The team is ecstatic that you are enjoying the enhancements in V5. Making our org chart software easier to use was one of our main priorities with this update, so I'm glad to see that reflected here. I have submitted your feedback on the LinkedIn photos and the drag & drop functionality to our product management team for review. Thanks for letting us know! If you have further feedback, feel free to email us at support@organimi.com as you continue to experiment with Version 5. Best Regards, Nicole Organimi Customer Service Rep

Excellent tool at a great price

Pros

I love how easy Organimi is to use. I have no trouble adding users and photos, changing team structures, and color-coding charts. Many people at my company have told me how useful they find our company org. chart.

Cons

It can be a little glitchy every now and then, but Customer Support has always looked into my issues. I also wish the photos on the chart (not the photoboard) were a bit bigger so people in my company can more easily put faces with names. Sometimes linking a person with their LinkedIn profile doesn't work.

Good afternoon, Janna. It's awesome to hear that your coworkers are enjoying the interactivity of the org chart! In order to increase the size of photos on your chart you can click the format icon on the top toolbar (Aa) and under Photo Properties, increase the photo size using the photo width option. You can also change the shape and position too. Hope that helps! Thanks for your feedback with linking a LinkedIn profile. We continue to try and improve this integration. Usually searching a title along with the name helps. Thanks again for being a loyal Organimi customer and we hope you continue to have a good experience! We appreciate the review. Many Thanks, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Very simplistic - easy to use and team has been so helpful to all my questions.

Pros

Ease of moving people from role to role / department to department. When people are promoted or laterally transferred, it can be done in two seconds.

Cons

I am currently a little unfamiliar with the Beta version, as most people probably are. i find that the colours don't seem to transfer over.

Hi Jordyn, Thanks a lot for leaving a review for Organimi! We really appreciate it. Our customer service team will be happy to hear that you are pleased with our level of support and find the software simple and easy to use. That was our main focus with our implementation of Version 5. We appreciate your feedback regarding the colours not transferring over optimally form V4. We added a large...

Efficiently create and organize charts

Organimi has enabled me to create a large org chart of one of our partners and become an indispensable reference as we work with them. Especially as the chart is easy to update with simple drag and drop I can keep it updated with minimum effort.

Pros

Easy to use. Efficient. Flexible. I love how the role and the people are separated to you can manage both independently. Also great how you can put in a LinkedIn URL and it pulls in the name and picture.

Cons

My org chat has become very wide and a little difficult to navigate. I wonder if there is a feature that shows the whole canvas and where I am on it, plus allows me to scroll around the canvas. Also a dialog pops up very frequently asking me to refresh. An annoyance but not a killer issue. Would also be nice if the tool would sync with a CRM such as HubSpot.

Having the simplicity of Organimi has really helped with managing different offices for our company!

Pros

It's very user friendly. Have next to no problems. I like how easy it is to upload pictures and add information to the profiles.

Cons

I wish there were more options on the look of the organization chart. I do also wish there was a better way to upload the PDF

Hey, Carmen! Thanks for the kind words about Organimi. So happy to hear it has helped you manage all the different offices for your company! We added a few more formatting options in Version 5, including a greater variety of colours as well as more options to change box & photo appearances, if you haven't checked that out yet. Feel free to email me with more suggestions if you have any! Thanks again for your review and feedback. Regards, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Organimi's UX is very good

Organimi serves the purpose of having an active organization chart that we can modify.

Pros

We liked Organimi because of how it presents the organization chart and the fact that you can see employee's faces if they include their picture.

Cons

Organimi is somewhat challenging to figure out. We tried to create the organization chart and it took some time. We also cannot figure out how to change the administrator.

Hi Agustina, Thank you for your review! It's great to hear that you are enjoying the product now that you have your org chart up and running. Also, thank you for the insightful feedback on your user experience. We have completely redesigned the app with the goal to make it easier than ever to build and manage your org charts. Please stay tuned for it's release in early 2021 and be sure to let us know what you think!

Easy to use organizational Product

Pros

Very easy to use organizational software for creating charts with very useful features for businesses.

Cons

The pricing can be better. It is a little bit pricey

Great option for creating organisational charts

Fine. But I am surely expecting more options inbuilt

Pros

The best thing which I loved about it is that it is made from scratch for creating organisational charts !!! And the icing on the cake is that the whole process is much clean and intelligent There are many things which I loved about it 1.) Automatic 2.) Makes things less complex 3.) Let us import existing files of format like .CSV so that we can import data. This feature will be helpful for those who are making transaction from another software 4.) The UI is great ( that's the main thing which attracted me.) 5.) The whole system is very very flexible (like you can almost make and design ANY type of data table. GREAT)

Cons

There were situations were the whole concept seemed doubtful. Example when we were figuring out plan of our new game and put orgamini to use,we faced some hurdles,like many times we were confused where to put which data. In my opinion there should be more templates inbuilt so that the new users can explore them and can really put the software to their use. Otherwise one will surely try to quit Other than that they should add more option of classification so that data distribution remains logical. Otherwise in my case we had to assume many things just like that But otherwise the application is really great

Organimi has been a great org chart tool for our medium-sized business!

Pros

We have found Organimi to be really easy to use - adding and removing employees is a breeze, uploading pictures and contact information is customizable, and reconfiguring the charts to reflect our constantly evolving organization is quick and foolproof. We were previously using another software that was clunky and time-consuming so this has been a great way to keep our organization's structure up-to-date and visible to everyone.

Would Recommend, and Have Recommended

Overall, I would recommend Organimi to anyone looking for an easy-to-use and modern-looking organizational chart software. Our org charts even impressed our board of directors, which is high praise.

Pros

I chose Organimi over the other org chart softwares for its aesthetics, ease of use, and because it had all the features we were looking for: photos, color coating, flexibility with formatting, ability to create infinite charts, and easily creating new charts using staff information that was already entered into the database. It's easy to use, easy to figure out how to make changes, and looks great.

Cons

One thing I did have to go out of my way to do with all the charts (which in our case, we printed out multiple charts to be presented to the board of directors in their materials) was before saving as PDFs, I had to uncheck the Organimi watermark and page number as they are added as defaults, and add our own logo to each, as the logo size was not standardized, but instead was small, medium, large, etc., in relation to the chart. If the charts were different sized, the logo size would not be standard across all the charts. I had to edit them in Adobe Acrobat to make our details more uniform.

Intuitive and flexible

Pros

The ability to create a myriad of different structures and reporting relationships and the options provided for printing several different levels.

Cons

I find occasionally functions aren't in the most logical screen to use. Seems to be some wonkyness with the integration of LinkedIn, once a picture is uploaded, getting rid of that picture is difficult.

Hi Jason, Thanks so much for the awesome review! We are excited that you were able to experiment with many different reporting structures and found the print by level function useful! We appreciate your feedback on the LinkedIn integration. Our development team is currently working on allowing the reversal of LinkedIn photos so stay tuned for updates on that. Feel free to email me at nicole.ragno@organimi.com for more feedback on the UI as well. Thanks again, Jason! Kind Regards, Nicole Organimi Customer Support Rep

Awesome product and even better customer service!!

Pros

I really like that this is just a great org chart tool at an incredibly affordable price point. Competitors were more expensive and added features that were completely unrelated to the org chart itself. It's super easy to use and if you are looking for a tool that makes your org chart creation easy and is super customizable this is it! To top it off the customer service is incredible! The team answered all my questions, walked me step by step through some features, came up with creative solutions where needed, and if there was something they couldn't do they took note of it for a possible future enhancement. Super responsive, friendly and just overall great!! Shoutout to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

Not really a con, but for a large org it is hard to read the expanded org chart on a 13 inch laptop screen - but that is to be expected for teams larger than 75-100 people w any org chart tool.

Practical and flexible tool that will help you have a fast picture of the entire company

Fast view of the company structure and employees I was able to rearange the entire company with very little effort Better understanding on how many peopel a manager has under him (especially when he manages more departments)

Pros

How easy it is to rearange entire departments. We went throuhg a major reorganization this year in our company, the entire structure changed and to adjust the 90% of the entire organigram for about 70 people only took 15-20 min.

Cons

I couldn't upload pictures of the employees, the ones that don't have a LinkedIN account, not even to change the picture if they have a linkedin account binded.

Hey there, Stefan! Love that you find the tool practical and flexible! You can now replace existing LinkedIn photos on Version 5 so hopefully you find that useful! The software will prompt you when you try adding a new photo. Just hit Yes. Cheers, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Very happy with the product thus far.

We used to manage orgs in a powerpoint presentation, so this obviously helps immensely.

Pros

The ease of moving people around from department to department has been good for us this year as we've had a lot of changes in our organization, and new color coding feature is great too.

Cons

Some of the things that were frustration points have been fixed in the last release. Still seem to struggle sometimes with getting people in a view that we want, or format if you will.

Good Afternoon, Kari! Thanks so much for the overwhelmingly positive review! Very glad to hear that you are finding it easy to move people around and manage your org chart. If you enjoy the colour coding feature, you may be excited to hear that colour legends will be coming up next! You will be able to associate a custom field with a colour and a badge will appear on the member's role card. :) Feel free to email me directly at nicole.ragno@organimi.com if you can't quite get the view of the chart you are looking for and I would be more than happy to help! With appreciation, Nicole Organimi Customer Support Rep

I'm in the midst of a restructuring and it's helped me keep track of frequent changes.

Pros

The best thing about it is how easy it is to set up in the first place. I was up and running so fast. Making changes is very easy too (though I think it could be even easier!)

Cons

Printing and exporting options could be a bit more varied and easier to figure out. I also find that moving people around is a little irritating. I have to click more times than I would like. Mobile experience could be a bit better too.

Hi there. Thanks for leaving a review! We have improved the drag & drop functionality in Version 5, including the ability to drag members directly from the organization roster into their roles. Hopefully you get a chance to check that out! I will pass on your other feedback as well. Thanks for using Organimi! Best, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Nice tool to use for organizational charts

Pros

I'm able to easily input new staff, update staff profiles and then identify where they go within the organizational chart. I'm able to export it to our employee services portal for staff to review.

Cons

The printing features are challenging at first to work with. It took me a bit of time to play around and get it to view the way I wanted it to.

Hi Paula, Thank you so much for leaving a review for Organimi! We are very happy to hear that you are able to easily update your chart and add new staff! Printing is a feature that we are constantly updating and improving on so stay tuned for more tweaks. Email me directly at nicole.ragno@organimi.com if you still haven't gotten your chart to look exactly how you want it and I will help you out! Best, Nicole Organimi Customer Service Rep

1 year with Organimi

Generally speaking, this has met our basic needs. Given the price, the functionality is decent, but it does not meet all of our needs (segmented charts from data that has already been loaded, easy rearrangement of people on an individual page to make it more legible). Support when I have needed it has been prompt and helpful.

Pros

Web-based, easy to upload data, comparatively inexpensive Ability to export to PDF or Powerpoint

Cons

Inability to format individual pages of an org chart. I end up having to export multiple times to be able to get pages with multiple individuals on it to appear legibly. Inability to do filter based charts without having to re-import data (ie just one location or one region) Inability to edit a person's direct supervisor on the edit card - if the chart is large, drag & drop may be difficult and don't want to re-import for one change or have to find the manager's card then make the edit.

Organimi Makes Org Charts Easy

Organimi makes it simple for me to keep my organization's org chart tidy, updated and accessible. My boss and I can both log in and make changes, which I love.

Pros

I love the fact that I can use Organimi from anywhere. It's super easy to create org charts, and also simple to edit them. I love the streamlined, uncluttered look and feel of Organimi, and do not miss the days of creating org charts in other programs. Also, Organimi is a great buy. My boss loves it, too.

Cons

I used to find the photo upload feature to be cumbersome, since I had to create a zip file with each file being specifically named. I think I heard this has been addressed in the new version. If so, hooray! If not, I look forward to the day when it's easier to upload/edit pictures in Organimi.

Hi John, thanks so much for leaving a review! It is awesome that you are loving the look and usability of your org charts. Thanks for you feedback on the photo uploads! We continue to work to make these features easier to use and more efficient. I will pass that on to the product management team. Regards, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Room for Improvement; but overall very helpful

It's good. It serves it's purpose. But I see a lot of room for how to evolve the product into something essential for a company

Pros

I like the visual representation and clarification that this product brings to the organization. Here are my favorite features: -The place for pictures of people -the customization of the charts - the option for a legend -print out and presentation download of org chart

Cons

What I like least about the software is how it looks ebbed into our intranet. Here are some suggestions for improvements: - Ebbing. Have the option to have the chart zoomed out upon initial viewing of the org chart. - Have the option to print a selected section of the chart (sometimes printing levels isn't enough) - Option to allow folks to make this a social application as well (to connect LinkedIn and Slack and Trello and Skype for business. So if you were to click on someones' profile, you can see everything that they are either working on or their social. It can be contained in one place).

Ease of use - wow effect

We printed the Org chart on PVC folio about 1 * 4 Meter and hang it up to a wall in the floor of our Berlin office in front of a lunch buffet. - That was a real highlight.

Pros

You can easily start building your organization and when you are more familiar there are nice bulk upload opportunities that make it easy to maintain the charts.

Cons

There is no function to easily sort employees in a roll group. And we are looking forward for an update that brings this function.

Great solution, just wish there were more ways to integrate

I love that with a start up it's very easy to set it up, create your first chart, select colors and get data out there. It was the best option of many - but feel like additional updates with more customizations and share options will have to be created to get this worth the pricing. I'm happy we have it - but do wish it was a bit more fleshed out.

Pros

Ease of use and the fact that it allows for non-traditionally structured companies. This is a GREAT option for start-ups and I would highly recommend it for those types of clients.

Cons

The limitations on sharing the chart and how it is shared. Would be really great to add a 'static' share that is more like a .pdf to share, as well as, API support for other programs like BambooHR, Confluence or even PM software like 15Five, etc. Also, moving one person is clunky when you have a large org chart if you need to move someone of a section from one side to the other. You have to move to a random section, then scroll your screen, then move to another until you get to the other side - there is not autoscroll when you do this. Also really really wish there was the ability to more customize the look and feel of the charts and data.

Great for Org Mapping in Sales

Pros

Organimi was simple to use. I liked the ability to drag cards around and rearrange them as well as the LinkedIn integration. The different views are helpful for whether you want to focus on specific types of roles or just collapse it all into an easy to follow list.

Cons

The LinkedIn integration for some reason doesn't always work very well. I also found myself wondering if other people were creating org charts for the same companies and, if so, why not allow me to view or buy access to updated, accurate org charts?

Hello, Thank you for reviewing the product. We're happy to hear that you found Organimi easy to use and are enjoying the formatting options. Sorry to hear that the LinkedIn integration doesn't always work for you. Unfortunately LinkedIn has privacy limitations that don't allow us to display information from private profiles. We are aware of this limitation and will continue to try and improve it while respecting LinkedIn's privacy agreement. Thanks again and hope you continue to find value in Organimi.