Organimi Reviews

4.22/5 (121 reviews)

Elizabeth Emmett

User-friendly for the non-techie

Reviewed 2018-10-26

We are using Organimi primarily as a way for our decentralized staff (schools) to identify and find people and functions to support them in the centralized office (school district). It's easily updated, and matching faces to names is incredibly helpful.

Pros
As someone who is not techie and whose primary job is not technology, I find Organimi intuitive to use and visually accessible. I love the photos and LinkedIn connection features. I like that I'll be able to embed the org charts in our website and our staff can use it as a Yellow Pages, as well, because of the function descriptions.

Cons
I am new to the software, so I may have yet to discover that this capability exists, but I wish there was more room for differentiation in a shared role. For example, we have several people in the role of Head Custodian. It would be great to be able to offer a secondary description of what facility they serve.

Jamie Nussle

I enjoy Organimi but there are times when I wish it was a little more easy to use.

Reviewed 2017-12-14

Ease of creating internal org charts

Pros
The import tool made initial creation of the org charts extremely simple! It is very easy to add new employees to our org charts as well as move them around within the organization chart.

Cons
It is not always easy to figure out how to do what I want it to. I also wish we could "reorganize" how some of the branches are set up automatically. The way it expands is not always the most useful for us and takes up too much space on the page.

Response from Organimi

Hi Jamie, thanks for the kind words! It's great that you were able to get your chart up quickly through the import function. We've added some new chart display features in Version 5 to satisfy requests such as yours if you want to head over and take a look. Click the settings icon on the top toolbar, then hit Chart Settings, then Chart Display to get there :) You can control when the software "wraps" roles from 1 to 16. Email me if you need help. Kind Regards, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Ron Wagner

Unbelievably responsive customer support.

Reviewed 2017-12-14

It gives me a graphic depiction of all the characters and organizations in the stories I write.

Pros
I've never had a company provide such rapid, detailed, and deep support. I almost didn't subscribe because there was one quirk that made it not work for my need. But I asked them about it, and within a day they had changed the program! I'm a big fan.

Cons
When I open the record of a person, I cannot see all the fields. I've created two Custom Fields for each person and those are only visible by clicking a "MORE FIELDS" link. I can't see a reason to not show all of that on one dialog box.

Response from Organimi

Hi Ron,

Thank you so much for your review! We love that you are using org charts for to organize your storyboard. Very creative use case for the program :)

I will pass your feedback regarding custom field visibility in the role dialog box on to our product management team for review and prioritization.

Kindly,

Anna-Marie Evans

It's somewhat user friendly; however, trying to get help troubleshooting was challenging.

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-12-18

Able to update within a short amount of time.

Pros
The visual aspect is great. Once you figure out how to navigate the software, it's easy to manipulate. I like how you can add people without having to import charts all over again.

Cons
Customer service availability. tried to contact someone in real time and they never called back. We also emailed and they eventually responded via email but not phone. We were in a time crunch to get one developed for a strat plan so we needed assistance in real time. We weren't sure what the resources are at Organimi.

Response from Organimi

Good afternoon, Anna-Marie! Happy to hear that you are enjoying Organimi so far. Sorry that your customer support experience was less than stellar. We find most issues are easier to sort over email if it requires looking into by our development team, however every situation is different. We will try our best to do better next time. Thanks again for leaving a review! We really appreciate it. Regards, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support

Tom Duffey

Nice tool for the price. Beta versions add needed features but also come with quirks.

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-12-21

Ability to create and update org charts more quickly than with other diagramming tools.

Pros
I like that Organimi is targeted squarely at org charts and not trying to be a does-it-all diagramming tool. This makes creating and updating org charts quicker than the alternatives.

Cons
Stability issues make using the tool difficult. I tend to use the betas because they are so much better and sometimes my changes fail to save or charts get messed up.

Response from Organimi

Hi Tom. Thanks for leaving this awesome review! You will be glad to hear that V5 is more & more stable by the day! We are ready to drop V4 soon as everything is looking good. :) We hope you continue to see value in Organimi! Have a great night. Kind Regards, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Arthur Thomas IV

A simple system to track organization members that I am glad I found

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-12-15

Easy way to track organization members and structure. Helpful for updating and printing in a reasonable amount of time as opposed to doing it myself with software not really built for this task. For the price it is very convenient.

Pros
I was building my own chart in other software and found it very tedious. I did a search and found Organimi and glad it does exactly what I need.

Cons
It is still be developed so somethings need smoothing out like making pdfs and entering people into the organization but its getting better and im happy with it.

Response from Organimi

Hey, Arthur! Glad you are able to easily track organization members and print without problems! Thanks for being a valued Organimi customer :) Enjoy your day! Best, NIcole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

DEBORAH SWEENEY

Big time saver

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-01-25

Time saver for the infrequent occasions when I need to make an org chart. I bill the fee through to clients and it is much cheaper for them than additional hours of my time.

Pros
Organimi makes it quick and easy to make good looking org charts, saving hours of time vs. using Microsoft Word. It's intuitive to use. I like that you can pay for a single use and not be locked into a subscription.

Cons
Single use fee is pricey but is worth it compared to value of my time and for the professional-looking result.

Richard Brown

Love the ease of use

positive

Pros
I like the functionality, however, the licensing model confuses me and i'm not sure what i need

Cons
the licensing model is confusing - i also wasn't sure how to delete contacts to free more room but eventually worked it out.

Adam Sedaka

Simple yet functional tool.

Reviewed 2017-12-14

Easily put organization members into perspective for all to see. Better organization road map.

Pros
Easy to follow layout. Easy convert and export to PDF. Great customer service. Easy set up and installation.

Cons
No undo button. Some features require more digging in the tool to discover. UI could be updated/improved.

Response from Organimi

Hi Adam,

Great to hear that Organimi has been easy to use and that you are enjoying the level of customer support! We agree there are always improvements to the UI that we need to make. We have a running list for our product management team to review, so if you have something specific in mind please email me at nicole.ragno@organimi.com and we would love to hear your feedback!

There is an undo/redo button, but please let me know if you can't see that (it pops up when you make a change, but is hidden when you haven't edited yet)

Best,

Amanda Medina

Works for our needs!

Reviewed 2018-10-26

We've been able to create multiple org charts fairly easily and share them with our team. That was actually surprisingly hard with other software.

Pros
We really like the ability to create multiple Org Charts and the export and sharing functions. The new legend feature is also wonderful!

Cons
It does take some getting used to (it's not immediately user friendly) and the tutorials aren't the clearest.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Taryn Mayes

Great software!

Reviewed 2017-12-14

It was helpful in establishing our organizational structure.

Pros
The software is very easy to use, particularly adding personnel. Being able to easily move personnel or groups of personnel around is my favorite feature.

Cons
We have 80 people in our division. It is difficult to print or select sub-divisions individually, which would be helpful for slide presentations or reports.

Response from Organimi

Hi Taryn,

Thanks for leaving a review for Organimi! An easy way to print or select subsections is to use our export function and choose the top role that you would like to be displayed on your chart. Also note that you can export directly to a Powerpoint presentation using both functions! If you have further questions regarding this visit our help centre or send me an email at nicole.ragno@organimi.com

Thanks again!

Kelsey Callihan

This program met our needs efficiently.

Reviewed 2017-12-14

The benefit of having org charts presented in meetings, and having our company structure laid out so neatly.

Pros
I liked how this program was easy to use, and allowed us to see our companies structure so well. It was very easy to set up.

Cons
The photos are too small and a little confusing to upload for a large amount of people. I also think it was quite difficult to get printed on one page.

Response from Organimi

Hi Kelsey,

Thanks a lot for the review & your feedback! Note that you can make the photos bigger by heading to the formatting icon (Aa) and increasing the size in the dialog box. Our help centre has more details on that as well as how to upload photos in bulk located here: https://organimi.zendesk.com/hc/en-us.

Let me know if you are still experiencing difficulties with either! My email is nicole.ragno@organimi.com.

Thanks again,

abby peskorse

Organimi has been a great way to visually organize our company for everyone's use!

Reviewed 2017-12-18

Pros
It's super easy to use - there is no learning curve. With all the apps, and software, and plugins - it's nice to have something that doesn't require a day long training session to initiate!

Response from Organimi

Hi Abby! Thank you for your lovely note. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We hope you continue to see value in Organimi. Best Regards, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Howard Jackson

Best value for money

Reviewed 2018-10-29

As a global company we are able to share our structures and contact people easily to all our international branches

Pros
Value for money Developers are constantly updating and upgrading the app, so one is assured to keep up with the latest trends

Cons
Search functionality on "Pagenate" view does not search the entire organogram, but only the curremt page that one is on

Jon Barrows

The program has been incredibly easy to use from a data to overall Org Chart standpoint.

Reviewed 2017-12-14

An easier way to create an present our organisation chart throughout our company.

Pros
I like how easy it is for me to take my employee table and create a quick and efficient org chart. The other programs I've worked with require much more formatting when setting up the employee tables.

Cons
I wish there was a bit more functionality to group and highlight individual sections of your organisation. I don't believe the boxing and color is enough.

Response from Organimi

Hey Jon! Glad to hear you've easily & successfully created org charts with Organimi! We appreciate the feedback on grouping/highlighting. Stay tuned for colour legends that correspond with particular custom fields. That may be a useful feature for you in terms of sorting! Best, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Anne Tippetts

Enlinx review of Organimi

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-10-19

We are using Organimi to keep track of our organization over several locations. It helps leaders quickly find reporting lines and departments.

Pros
I like that it is web based and can grow as my business grows. This enables me to add on additional employees as needed

Cons
It is a little difficult to learn to navigate. Once you are using it for a while, it gets easier.

Dependable and Easy to use

Reviewed 2018-10-19

Pros
Simple import. Lots of flexibility in laying out teams and different structures. Ability to share with others is useful.

Cons
It doesn't integrate with other directory systems. It would be nice to see integration with Confluence of O365 to allow for one-stop management of employee profiles.

Great Org Chart program

Reviewed 2018-10-19

Overall this software has been a game changer for the organization I work for and Organimi has been very responsive with any questions or help I needed in getting set up.

Pros
The software is easy to use. we have been able to create exactly what we need for our business

Cons
I would like to see more options when it comes to layout.

Rolly Keenan

Marketing Consultant

Reviewed 2018-10-26

It was easy to get started. I work with a large software company with hundreds of contacts so having this is great for our entire organization to understand who we are talking to.

Pros
Love the ease of use, integration with LinkedIn, and the visual is very good (it's pretty)

Cons
I would love it to make recommendations from LinkedIn

Claire Kozower

Reviewed 2018-10-19

We've had a positive experience overall. Decent customer service getting set up in the beginning and chart development and maintenance has been fairly painless.

Pros
Charts are easily updated and like that we can embed live charts on our internal staff website.

Cons
Menu navigation and the roster/chart interface are clunky.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Patrick Medado

I needed to make org charts and it did a good job. Like the photo option.

Reviewed 2017-12-15

Pros
The use of photos on the org chart was the best option. It provided an extra flare to org charts that was easier to accomplish than using Word.

Cons
I did not like the tracking changes when working with multiple people on a project. I wanted to be able to see what people changed.

Response from Organimi

Hi Patrick,

Thanks a lot for your review of Organimi! We are very pleased to hear that the program was easy to use and satisfied your org chart needs.

Thank you for your feedback regarding tracking changes when working with others. This feature is definitely on our product roadmap. If you have any additional feedback regarding that please email support@organimi.com

Warmly,

Anonymous

Organimi is a functional, easy way to produce and update our organizational charts.

Please see review.

Pros
Organimi provides me with an easy way to produce organizational charts and make amendments as needed. We are a growing company, and with new changes to roles/departments every month it's great to have a concise place to update charts quickly.

Cons
There are typically some hiccups when it comes to changing the style of the org chart, for example it will make my customized layout the new default whether wanted or not.

Response from Organimi

Hello! Creating an easy to use org chart tool has been our main goal so we're happy that you are experiencing that! Thanks for the feedback on making new formats the default. Kind Regards, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Anica Parker

It is difficult to use and there are no explanations how to use it

Reviewed 2017-12-18

I was able to create professional looking flow charts.

Pros
Once I had my first template created, I was able to create additional charts easily. Very easy to copy as a new file and work from that template.

Cons
You cannot see the full page on the screen you create the flow charts so its easy to get things off center.

Response from Organimi

Hello, Anica! Thanks for letting us know you found it difficult to use. We do have a help centre located here : https://organimi.zendesk.com/hc/en-us. You'll find useful training documents there. You can also email us at support@organimi.com. Glad you ended up being able to create professional looking charts though! Thanks for the feedback & review. Best, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Robert Thomas

I have tried many Org chart apps and programs. Organimi is by far the best

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-12-14

Easier to use, so it saved me time. It was nice looking and scalable and provided me some additional function other than just a chart.

Pros
It provides easy to use interface for nice looking Org Charts AND company rosters that can be organized many different ways.

Cons
The ONLY con is I had problems trying to create more than on top level position. We have several boards of equal weight and that created a problem for the chart.

Response from Organimi

Hi Robert! Thanks for leaving a review of Organimi. We feel honoured that you named us the best org chart tool! You will be happy to hear that we have added the ability to create more than one top level position in Version 5. Try it out and let us know what you think! Kind Regards, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Dimitra Mourikes

It's been good but sometimes the icons are hard to change

Reviewed 2017-12-14

Pros
That you can include photos of employees. That way when we print them out to show to other people it is very clear who the person is.

Cons
That the information of an individual will not carry over on a different group. If someone on our engineering team is also considered part of a separate chart that is not in the group of 10, their info will not carry over at all.

Response from Organimi

Hi Dimitra. Thank you very much for leaving a review! Sounds like the printing and adding photos went well for you, which is awesome! I will pass on your feedback regarding the data transfer to different charts. Thanks! Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep