Organimi Reviews

4.22/5 (121 reviews)
Pros
  • It's very attractive, the results are stunning.
  • Cloud based, can access anywhere. PDF is a nice format
  • The system was easy to setup my organizational charts.
  • The ability to create an org chart so quickly for our huge organization.
Cons
  • Some features have bugs, but they arent bad
  • Wish you could stack people down instead of side by side.
  • It could be more intuitive. Moving boxes around should be more fluid.
  • When you have large charts, printing is challenging (at least for me.)
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Mary Eriquezzo

Reviewed 2018-10-26

I have been able to provide management with org charts on a regular basis and keep the org charts updated in a short amount of time.

Pros
The software was easy to use. Creating the org chart was simple, easy to edit, and it was easy to create additional org charts.

Cons
Although, downloading the org chart was simple, it was difficult to get it to a size that could be printed out unless the font was tiny and hard to read.

Alyse Culpepper

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-10-22

Our org chart is so large and ever-changing that we needed a digital copy that would show changes in real time.

Pros
The ability to create an org chart so quickly for our huge organization.

Cons
Wish you could stack people down instead of side by side.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Erik Pancheri

Reviewed 2018-10-19

Pros
With an organization of 100+ people, its really difficult to maintain an org chart that isn't flexible like organimi is.

Cons
Some features have bugs, but they arent bad

Anonymous

Great way to visualize org charts

Reviewed 2019-01-25

Overall, I would recommend this to a colleague who needs to make sense of an organization and it's power charts. It's easy to manipulate the charts to display not just the reporting hierarchy but the power within an org as well, super important when trying to sell to a company.

Pros
I like the ease of reorganizing the charts when you find out that things change. It's clean, relatively easy to work with quick to get started.

Cons
Not being able to grab titles from LinkedIn makes it difficult to upload a roster of people and then match them to the org chart that you built out.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Matt Linn

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-02-01

Visibility to outside stakeholders about our organization is one reason I started using it. I didn't find it easy to export certain parts of the chart and that wastes a lot of my time.

Pros
It is easy to add headcount and levels of the org chart. Also easy to format.

Cons
It is not easy to export and print certain groups of the org chart. Sometimes I need just a department of it and it seems impossible to export that. I've stopped trying to use it because it doesn't do that.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Ashley Rohner

Not a bad foundation, but does need a few tweaks and updates. I found myself frustrated often.

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-12-14

We were able to create a "skeleton" of an org chart which we then took and customized elsewhere. I do not believe we got our money's worth out of the software, but we were not left with nothing.

Pros
I like that it is a cloud-based system and that the software is "smart" enough to assist when adding boxes, etc. I also like the price point.

Cons
I do not like that the LinkedIn and other "integrated" features are not fully integrated just yet. I reached out to customer service and was informed that these features are not integrated due to a LinkedIn issue... but if that is the case, why advertise the integration? We wound up wasting money on this software because of things it promised and could not deliver.

Response from Organimi

Greetings, Ashley! Sorry that the LinkedIn integration was not what you were looking for. We agree that it has it's limitations and we are working hard to create a satisfying experience within the confines of LinkedIn's data policies. In any case, we appreciate the feedback! Hope to serve you again in the future. Best, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Mauro Pugliese

The easiest and beautiful way to design and manage your Prg Chart

Now I can manage without problems Org Charts

Pros
It's a nice and fast way to deign and keep up to date your Org Charts. I'm usign the Beta version 5, a much better version with an enhanced usability

Cons
The software is just making its job; should be ionteresting to insert / have more informations about the employees with a complete management of all people information

Response from Organimi

Hi Mauro,
Thanks for the kind words! We really appreciate it. It's great to hear that you are happy with the enhanced features in Version 5.
Best,
Nicole
Organimi Customer Support Rep

Anonymous

Good product, not so intuitive

Reviewed 2018-10-19

Pros
I like the drag and drop feature making it easier to move the team around when simple changes need to be made.

Cons
It's not very intuitive and a bit confusing when trying to setup a group with the same title. When a team member has changed roles and is no longer in a shared role, you have to delete them before restarting a new role for them. It would be much simpler to be able to just update their title and be able to drag them out of the grouping to the position where they are now needed.

smooth with some hiccups

Reviewed 2017-12-19

Pros
aesthetically pleasing, customer service is good, most of the FAQ's are relevant

Cons
Cannot search Linked in for all employees, Should be able to assign a vacant role within a shared role

Response from Organimi

Hi there. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review! I'll pass your feedback on the LinkedIn integration onto our product management team. Usually it helps to find someone if you add the name and their current role title. Let us know if you are still experiencing difficulties with it. Thanks again for being a loyal Organimi user! Best, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Vanessa Favela

Overall experience has been good, minor issues initially getting some features to work

Reviewed 2017-12-14

Pros
The ability to view your entire organization in seconds. This tool allows you to see as deep as you'd like into your organization with the ease of a drop down button.

Response from Organimi

Hi Vanessa! Glad to hear your overall experience with Organimi has been good. Hopefully some of those issues have sorted themselves out with our Version 5 launch. We have been working hard to fix any bugs that were present in the beta version and are just about ready to launch the general release. Contact me if you are still experiencing anything unusual. Thanks! Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Flexible Team Planning

Reviewed 2018-10-30

It's an easy to access place where I can keep my team planning flexible. Our company is growing quickly and not only is my Org Chart is always up-to-date , but a future plan is always ready, too.

Pros
It's a great platform for planning teams and envisioning different possibilities.

Cons
It could be more intuitive. Moving boxes around should be more fluid.

Kyle Mann

It has done what we need.

Reviewed 2017-12-14

Pros
I like the ease of entering everyone and getting them added to the hierarchy. Then being able to toggle between different looks and even single departments.

Cons
The functionality is a little difficult to get used to. There are times when some things don't look right or don't do what you are expecting.

Response from Organimi

Hi Kyle! Happy to hear that you have gotten everything you need out of Organimi. Hopefully V5 has improved some of the quirks for you! If not let me know. Enjoy your day! Best, Nicole -Organimi Customer Support Rep

Tham Moon

easy and convenient to use

Reviewed 2017-12-20

Pros
Quite convenient to create a org chart for internal or external use. This allows us to present and give a clearer picture about the company's organization chart and structure to vendors and clients.

Cons
We are unable to export the org chart to excel as some of the organization chart could be very large.

Response from Organimi

Hi, Tham. Thanks for taking the time to share your Organimi experience! It's nice to hear that you were able to create a clearer picture for your vendors and clients. Kind Regards, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Anonymous

Great for basic org chart

Reviewed 2018-10-28

Just needed a basic org chart for company with about 130 employees, uploaded a csv and I was good to go!

Pros
Very easy and intuitive to use. Interface is easy to understand and easy to get from list of employees to finished org chart.

Cons
Would have liked the ability to manually adjust the org chart after it is generated.

Heather Brockelbank

Good

Pros
Cloud based, can access anywhere. PDF is a nice format

Cons
Hard to find where to add fields and make changes on each individual profile

Eric Granata

Happy Small Business User

Reviewed 2019-02-02

We were getting big enough that we needed a better way to develop an org chart but also just keep track of everybody’s contact info. Organimi made it an easy transition from a simple spreadsheet to a more robust tool with the ability to export in a variety of formats.

Pros
Getting started was a snap thanks to the CSV import feature. I also like how easy it is to find employee photos via LinkedIn and google.

Cons
I’ve had some issues using it with Safari (my daily driver) but otherwise works great in Chrome.

Paula Bickel

Easy to Use

Reviewed 2018-10-26

Pros
The system was easy to setup my organizational charts.

Cons
When you have large charts, printing is challenging (at least for me.)

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Quite Good

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2018-10-26

Pros
It's very attractive, the results are stunning.

Cons
I wish the support documentation was more complete. I spend a while looking for an answer about a specific task (a fairly common one, I would assume) and never really found a satisfactory answer.

Anonymous

It's not been the most friendly in terms of migrating information over when versions are updated

Reviewed 2017-12-18

Pros
it's a great tool for new hires to understand whose who in the company. It helps explain who does what in an organized way.

Cons
I have experienced many glitches with the software which means updating it is sometimes impossible and makes the tool's usefulness obsolete.

Response from Organimi

Hi there! Sorry to hear that the migration process wasn't as smooth as it could have been. Please email us if anything is unusual and our support team will reply within one day. Hopefully you can check us out again in the future. Warmly, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

David Stewart

Easy to use, just as I expected!

Reviewed 2017-12-18

Pros
Very flexible so I could build the chart that fit my business. I was able to build an organizational chart that everyone on my team could understand.

Response from Organimi

Hey, David! Glad to hear you were able to get your org chart up and running smoothly! Always nice to hear that you are sharing the chart with employees as we think it's an under-utilized tool that is actually great for communication purposes among team members! Thanks for leaving a review. Warmly, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Good Org Chart Platform

Reviewed 2018-10-30

Customer support is good and in general this is a good org chart platform.

Pros
I really like the drag and drop functionality of this platform. This platform also has a easy to use import feature that is more intuitive than others I have used.

Cons
If you have a larger org chart of more than 50 people it can be really challenging to print anything where you can actually make out the icons for each individual contributor.

Anonymous

Best org chart software we've used

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-12-14

Pros
We've put together great org charts for internal management and for board meeting presentation. We have multiple users accessing the same file so there's good configuration management and no rework.

Cons
I wish I could adjust the layout and spacing when the boxes start to get a bit crowded. The flexibility to show only certain levels is nice, but sometimes the spacing within a level isn't exactly optimized.

Response from Organimi

Hello! We are absolutely thrilled that we are the best org chart software you've used! Thank you very much for the kind words :) You can change the layout and spacing by heading to the chart settings section and controlling at what # of roles can be added before stacking underneath, which may help you out. Email me at nicole.ragno@organimi.com if you still have questions regarding that. Thanks, Nicole.
Organimi Customer Support Rep.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Charts Made Easy

Reviewed 2018-11-14

Pros
Being able to create charts easily. I thought Powerpoint was piece of cake, but Organimi made it so much simpler yet professional and creative

Cons
None at the moment, but maybe Organimi can add more features in the future

Christina Hill

Easy to use - quick and can update via excel

Reviewed 2018-10-26

Overall it was easy and worth the money.

Pros
I love that when changes happen internally you can amend your excel document and just upload again and the changes are made. The printing options are also pretty good. We have a large business so it helps you can split the pages.

Cons
Moving things around on the actual chart I find a bit hard to do so I just use excel

Erwin Ostrea

Awesome

Reviewed 2017-12-14

Pros
The program is easy to use and the customer service. The picture and the design are pretty good. I am looking using this program more.

Response from Organimi

Hi Erwin! Amazing to hear that you are having a good experience with Organimi so far. If you have questions as you continue to use the program more, feel free to send in a help request at support@organimi.com and our team will help out. :) Best, Nicole. Organimi Customer Support Rep.