Paperbell Logo
Paperbell

Payments, contracts, scheduling, & admin – all in one place.

visit website

Paperbell Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.79/10

Reviews by rating

I love how easy it is to set up packages and recurring appointments. The Stripe Integration was easy to set up, and I love that there is E-mail Marketing built in.
I love the ability to have everything in one spot, and the ability to send me customers there.
I love that it converts times zones for clients to see my availability and that there are ways to make certain offers private. I love the follow up emails and reminders for clients too.
It's new software so there are occasional glitches and it doesn't always work very smoothly. Some of my clients have had trouble using it.
Any missing features are probably “in the works.
I was expecting to be able to invoice current clients rather than making them go to the website, set up an account, choose their package, and pay for it.

TF

Taryn F.

Relationship Coach

E-Learning, self-employed

Excellent Coaching Tool

Transcript

Taryn F.: Hi, I'm Taryn. I'm a healing trauma coach, and I give Paperbell of four out of five stars....

Avivit F.

Marketer

Paperbell makes it easy

Transcript

Avivit: I'm Avivit. I'm a marketing coach. My review for Paperbell would be four stars. For more reviews...

Renée H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

I left Acuity For Paperbell

I love it. I love the personal touch of the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], I love the responsiveness and Love feeling like i'm creating a partnership with this company.

Pros

I love the feel, the design of Paperbell. It keeps my clients in the same high level visual from my sales page to the checkout process. It is easy to use, easy to update and easy for my clients to navigate

Cons

I'm not getting the text reminder features. Slowly great features are being added but I'm also paying twice as much as I did with Acuity.

We love having you as a founding member Renée - so glad you chose us :-) It's been a while since your review and a lot has changed. I hope you're still as happy as you were then! Samantha, Team Paperbell

JH

Jo H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Paperbell is the best customer management system I have used

Excellent. Customer service is super responsive, fast, understanding. It's also important to me to support other small, female owned businesses.

Pros

The fact that you can see what clients have bought from you & how much they have spent You can email all clients on one package You can set up different billing plans That the company is built and run by a small team and they are super responsive to feedback

Cons

There are small tweaks that could be made - but the team are always open to feedback and have added changes I have suggested to the system, for example deleting a package from a client's record.

Great to hear from you Jo! Delighted to know that we've already implemented some of your requests :-) We 1000% value all feedback so please keep it comin'! Samantha, Team Paperbell

KM

Kimberly M.

Individual & Family Services, self-employed

Paperbell is on the right path, but still needs improvements

Overall, I think Paperbell is on the right path and is experiencing some growing pains. Their customer service has been responsive, and they are always accepting feedback and what could be improved - and most importantly, seek to implement changes based on that feedback.

Pros

I like the aesthetics of the Paperbell platform for myself and my clients using the portal. It is simple, clean, intuitive, and relatively user-friendly. I also like that was developed with coaches in mind, and is woman-owned.

Cons

There have been some bugs I've contacted customer-service about, one being that my phone consultations were never showing up in my list of "upcoming appointments." I would also like for Paperbell to address some website mapping issues that create unnecessary clicks and time spent on tasks like scheduling client sessions. I'm often bumped back to the main page and have to repeatedly go back into a client file to reschedule or cancel more than one session at a time.

Hi Kimberly, thank you for taking the time to leave this review! I'm so happy Paperbell is working for you overall. It sounds like we were able to resolve the issues you submitted? I hope so and please keep letting us know if you bump into any future problems! We're always looking to improve.

Paperbell Payment Platform Gets Better and Better

One thing I love about Paperbell is that they're constantly improving and upgrading. The Paperbell I signed up for last year was already a lot of bang for my buck (and I'm so glad I signed up for a full year, rather than month-to-month!), but the Paperbell of today is on a whole other level. For example, I had an issue where the wrong Zoom link would show up in my scheduled sessions. Shortly thereafter, Paperbell sent an email saying that they had tweaked the online conferencing process such that I could plug my own Zoom link into the session more easily. I think I got a better feel for the calendar management process, but there's room for that process to be even more streamlined.

Pros

I've had Paperbell for almost a year now, and it has been great! I love that it streamlines the payment, scheduling, and client management process into a one-stop shop.

Cons

Payment processing is it's strongest suit, while calendar management could stand to be more user-friendly. I have had difficulty in the past with plugging in my calendar availability for certain programs, even though my synced calendar would show a time slot as being available. I had to disconnect and reconnect my Google calendar to get it to work correctly.

Thanks so much for sharing! Super to have had you on board for almost a year :-) I hope the calendar integration has started working more consistently now. In case there are still issues can you please reach out? I'd love to take a closer look at what might be going on. Samantha, Team Paperbell

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

The intuitive client management choice

Schedule and payments are breeze. It has allowed me to make the best use of my time and collect subscription payments seamlessly. Although the client note section is very clunky, Zapier integrations allow an easy fix.

Pros

I love Paperbell. It is easy to set up and deploy. My clients find it quite easy to use. The developers consistently add more features so the program becomes more robust. And it's great as it is!

Cons

I don't have any complaints! But some clients have a difficult time with the login process and finding the client portal. Paperbell has done quite a bit recently to help with the second issue. The client notes section is very clunky.

We love that you shared with us! Our notes have been improved and I hope you are liking the changes. In terms of client portal I will add your vote to updating. Thanks for the review! Samantha, Team Paperbell

TM

Tori M.

Individual & Family Services, self-employed

Happy to have everything in one place!

Overall, it's been really good. The customer support is AMAZING & take requests to heart. I've had several items requested be updated in the software & it's been awesome to see. They're also very quick to respond during the work week. (they don't do weekends, for work/life balance for their employees, which I think is wonderful!)

Pros

I love that this software allows you to have everything in one spot. Programs, Group Coaching, Clients, Scheduling, Payments (Pay in full, bi-weekly, monthly, subscriptions), Client Notes, Contract Signing, Appointment Tracking, Surveys, Private Content, Direct Emailing to Clients.

Cons

The notes feature needs to be updated to allow time-stamped note-taking. It currently is just one big text box that requires you to designate when the last session was (I put a line after the last session & new date). This causes a long scroll though to get to the end of your notes for the next session.

Tori, thanks for taking the time to share your experience using Paperbell. So glad to hear we've been treating you well on the support side of things. Will be adding your vote to improving the notes session so thank you for sharing it! Samantha, Team Paperbell

DM

Debbi M.

Love the Ease!

So far my overall experience with Paperbell has been really positive!

Pros

•Very intuitive and easy to use. Most everything a coach would need. •Invoices/Billing,Contacts, & Payments all seamlessly integrated •Built-in client survey customization as part of your onboarding process without having to do any additional learning curves! •Easy links to your video session that make it effortless for your client! •the ability to sell group coaching easily •a private portal for clients to make know you take their privacy seriously

Cons

•No color coding abilities •No additional fonts or colors for text •That emails read [SENSITIVE CONTENT] (though in all fairness - clients can respond straight from the email to the Coach/and the email shows that it's from the Coach) •That emails can't 'live' in the client portal: there should be a way for the client and coach to interact in a way that doesn't rely on an outside provider, while having notifications to both client/coach a 'new' message awaits them • The email customizations are very restrictive • An inability to customize the signature on the email template

Love that you shared with us, Debbi! Some of these are things we are already working on and the others will have your vote added to them! Samantha, Team Paperbell

MN

Mary N.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Paperbell review from a Service provider

I really like paperbell. It’s easy to use. Paperbell is always open to feedback and they are continually working on updating the tool. I have used almost every feature and I trust that they will fix all bugs asap.

Pros

I love the ease of setting up and editing 1:1 and group offerings.

Cons

The shop page looks undesirable to me. so I end up spending time creating a basic webpage on my website. Lack of basic reporting that you can easily run to see recurring payments.

Thanks for sharing, Mary! Will add your vote to more customization of the shop page! Samantha, Team Paperbell

SS

Susan S.

Love Paperbell!!

The whole setup was super easy and all their supporting documentation was brilliant and answered nearly every question I had. The integration with Stripe had me up and running in no time!

Pros

I wanted calendaring software that was more than just enabling my clients to set up appointments AND was easy to set up emails and availability. I wanted to minimize my time in setting everything up so I could get started quickly and still look professional to my clients. I love the Notes section for each client as I've been trying to minimize the numerous notebooks I have for each client.

Cons

Would really love the Client's Notes section and would like it if it was searchable. Want flexibility for my clients or me to reschedule appointments in less than 24 hours...emergencies happen.

Thank you so much for sharing your review! I used to be a paper notebooks kinda gal myself! SO happy to hear that you've been utilizing our notes feature. Great idea with searchable notes, will add that to the feature request docket. In terms of reschedule/cancelations totally feel you there, emergencies do happen. It's still totally possible to reschedule within 24 hours, you'll just need to be the one to cancel/reschedule - not them. You can do this by modifying their appointment. Samantha, Team Paperbell

SN

Sophie N.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Essential for my social media consultancy

It helps me take out any manual processes with booking 1-2-1s. Payment upfront means I always get paid!

Pros

I love how easy it is to deploy the software and set up the packages. Clients find it really easy and professional to use which means I can have a seamless shop front for my 1-2-1 packages.

Cons

Love the current features that exist and that are being added. Can't think of any thing additional I need right now to be added to the system.

Great to have you here Sophie. Thanks so much for the review. Samantha, Team Paperbell

HH

Heather H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Paperbell is it for online coaches.

Pros

I love the simplicity of this product. I actually appreciate that it doesn't have too many bells and whistles. It manages my appointments and packages and payments are a breeze. I also love that you can set up payment programs and subscriptions. It's a very user-friendly product made specifically for coaches. I tried another very popular system and hated it, so I'm very happy to have found Paperbell. I also love how easy it is to embed the scheduler right onto my website, and it looks beautiful. There is no fussing needed to make it look nice on the site.

Cons

I'd like to see the option to set up in-person appointments. As it stands, I have it integrated with Zoom, and it automatically sends a Zoom link, which I appreciate. However, I am currently having to use Calendly to supplement in-person appointments.

Heather, thank you so much for sharing your review! Great to hear we're a breeze to use :-) You are right that it can be a bit tricky to find how to add in person appointments. One thing we recommend is using the Custom URL. This way you can add a link to your Zoom as well as the address you hold in-person appointments. Perhaps this could be a good workaround for now! Will definitely add your vote to this feature though :-) Samantha, Team Paperbell

DM

Debbie M.

Dream Software!

So far I couldn’t have asked for a better experience than what I have with Paperbell. I sing their praises to whomever will listen. My scheduling looks professional and seamless. I have ultimate flexibility to create and offer the kind of sessions my business thrives on, customer service is friendly, accessible, and helpful the first time, no matter whom you speak to. I am a company of one, doing work to serve the planet and Paperbell is dream software.

Pros

Paperbell is everything I had been searching for (and believe me, I SEARCHED). It lets me configure my business in a way that works for me, not me having to work my business around my software. It has all the bells and whistles that scheduling software should have, and I didn’t need a tech degree to get around the site and use every function. Not only that, the Customer Service is EXCEPTIONAL. Look no further, Paperbell is the holy grail of scheduling software.

Cons

Paperbell is easy and intuitive to use. I haven’t yet found anything I don’t like. If I were to make a suggestion, a live phone line for questions would be uber helpful. Sometimes you just need to talk out an issue with someone and the answer is quick and easy, instead of writing multiple email over the course of a week to figure something out.

Debbie, thank you so much, your positive review absolutely made my day! So thrilled to hear you're having a great experience with Paperbell and it's allowing you to focus on what you love! Samantha, Team Paperbell

AB

Anna B.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

Paperbell is a great product!

Paperbell is an excellent product. It syncs easily with my website and has so many automatic features that free up my time. I appreciate greatly how open they are to suggestions and how they are always working hard to create more helpful tools and features. Paperbell is also very user friendly, for myself and for my clients. I am very happy with my decision to go with Paperbell.

Pros

This product is exceptionally easy to use and straightforward to set up. I appreciate how Paperbell has the ability to add notes for each client as this was an aspect that I did not see in many like products. What I appreciate most about Paperbell is that they are always adding new tools and features and that they are enthusiastic to get feedback and ideas from their customers. Paperbell customer service is excellent; they are helpful and prompt.

Cons

I would like to see more features added with regard to availability settings than is currently available. There is not always a lot of flexibility for nuancing things, such as having different hours based on the week.

Anna, we love that you've taken the time to share your experience with us. Did you know that you are able to set different availability for each package? You aren't able to set it up recurring but you can always modify each week as things come up - life happens after all! Thanks again :-) Samantha, Team Paperbell

RL

Rachel L.

Good All in One software

I am happy that I selected Paperbell and will continue to use it for my business needs.

Pros

I like that I can use the product for scheduling, calendaring, invoicing, and client management. I also appreciate that they update the features based on user feedback.

Cons

It feels a bit start-upy and it's not always easy to figure out work arounds for certain situations (e.g. multiple payers for one client, different appointment lengths in a sequence for a client, etc.)

Great to hear your feedback Rachel! We are still new in the game (but very feisty) and will always be adding new features and workarounds for you all to try out. Glad you've enjoyed us so far! Thanks again! Samantha, Team Paperbell

ST

Simone T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

I love Paperbell!

My overall experience has been fantastic!

Pros

I love that the team is forever taking our suggestions into consideration to make the software better and more functional for the needs of coaches. A lot of programs don’t offer this level of improvements.

Cons

I would love to have more control over the layout design of my paperbell store. But this is a minor improvement in comparison the the other features that are currently available.

We are so happy to have you here Simone. We want our customers to be happy and to do that we need to listen. Glad you feel comfortable sharing with us. Although the layout isn't super customizable yet we hope to give you more control over this in the future. Samantha, Team Paperbell

MF

Marvita F.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Paperbell is a must have for my Coaching business!

I'm an ICF-Certified Coach. I use Paperbell for client management and tracking my coaching hours for credentialing and certification. Paperbell functions as a "low-maintenance virtual assistant". I can set it and forget it; it works unsupervised, and I love it.

Pros

It's quick to set up and easy to use. I was already a user of Laura Roeder's MeetEdgar program. I love that program so much. I was willing to trust that the same excellence would be present in Paperbell. I've been pleased to see that the same (maybe higher) level of quality and thoughtfulness that went into Paperbell.

Cons

I would like a toggle switch that let you create calendar links that are not attached to packages. This way I can use it for package scheduling and meeting scheduling. The benefit is that it's all in the same place when it syncs with my Gmail calendar.

Super happy for your review, Marvita - and that you've used a tool by our founder before. Great to hear we've kept it up! Samantha, Team Paperbell

SK

Samantha K.

Good software to support Coaches

I really like Paperbell and it’s been super useful, I’m just not sure I love it and whether or not it’s the best product to support me in the long run.

Pros

Covers all the basics and has been very helpful in supporting the early growth of my coaching business. Support is *awesome* which I love. Integration with GSuite and Stripe is also great and straightforward.

Cons

For me I feel there is a lack of product flexibility and the CRM capabilities are pretty basic.

Thanks for sharing, Samantha! Glad to hear we're helping support your coaching business. Will add your vote for more CRM tools. Samantha, Team Paperbell

EC

Emily Cameron R.

Used monthly for less than 6 months

A great service to use for Virtual Assistant Services too

I'd say on the whole it's been great with a few glitches.

Pros

I love the all-in-one integration because it saves me time from having to organize several programs together. Paper Bell is extremely straightforward and user-friendly for someone who is looking for an all-in-one solution. Don't let the fact they market towards coaches primarily - it can be used for your Virtual Assistant business too.

Cons

The monthly price to maintain it because I started out broke with this. I'd give 60 days trial to start instead of 30. It takes most Virtual Assistants 60-90 days to start their business. There was also an issue with the zoom link not integrating for the calendar. I do not like Hello Sign because of the cost - they don't give a monthly option and sometimes my business isn't able to pay for this service...

Thank you for taking the time to review us Emily! Super happy to hear that you've found more uses for us than just coaching :-) I just wanted to share that we've always had a free forever plan where you can use us until you get your first client. We've never had a trial, I apologize you got that impression! As well, HelloSign is included with your Paperbell subscription. Will definitely keep your tip for working with Virtual Assistants though! Thank you very much for it! Samantha, Team Paperbell

JA

Jill A.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Continually improving a great product

Pros

I most like the modern interface with this software. My client experience is important to me and I appreciate the clean look of the platform. Next, I like how customizable it is. They really listen to their customers and build it for all sorts of uses instead of forcing you to develop your processes around the software. I like how it handles groups a lot.

Cons

I least like the fact that at this time, you cannot customize a contract for each person. So, this means I have to create a new package if I need to customize something for one client and now they are not part of the bigger group. It's just managing two things instead of one which adds up over time. I have figured out how to make it work but it's the one thing I would change about this software.

Will definitely add your vote to customized contracts, Jill! I am not sure if we will do it but if we do we will be blasting it out so you will know :-) Samantha, Team Paperbell

AW

Abbey W.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Streamlined my workflow and created a better client experience!

Paperbell is the perfect platform for coachings. I love that we can schedule group and 1-on-1 calls and the clients have complete control of the experience. This lightens the lift on our customer service and tech teams while providing a better client experience.

Pros

Scheduling regular 1-on-1 calls for my clients used to take multiple products, integrations, and workflows to make happen. I'd get regular emails like "hey do we have a call this month? How can I schedule it?" With paperbell, clients are able to schedule calls whenever they need to and I know that they are getting exactly what they've paid for! No more manually tracking who is due for a call and who has not. The autoresponder feature also allows me to give them instant access to all deliverables the moment they purchase.

Cons

I would love Paperbell to hook up to Zapier so I can create auto-logins for my learning platform at the time of purchase as well as add to my email software.

BM

Beverly M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Beautiful software and easy to customize

It was pretty seamless from beginning to end. I barely even had to look at the tutorials because it was very self-explanatory.

Pros

I love how beautiful it looks and very functional. It has most all the features I need and want as a coach.

Cons

I wish there was a goals section so that I can enter in goals for my clients and also that clients can enter in themselves. It would be great to have this as a feature that the clients can themselves also track within their own client portal.

Beverly, we appreciate your review so much - and love how intuitive Paperbell is for you :-) I am going to add a goals section to our feature requests. No promises but it's definitely something that makes sense to have as a part of a coaching product. Thanks so much for sharing! Samantha, Team Paperbell

WJ

Waneka J.

Glad I found this

Pros

It was very easy to set up Paperbell compared to other pricier brands. It easily connected to my website and allows scheduling to happen without redirection from my site. I have a clean client facing interface.

Cons

I wish the store front could be more customizable because it just looks like a bunch of boxes just thrown on the screen without regard to make it look attractive. It would be nice to choose from a pre-existing template for how the store front will look or even the package landing/checkout pages. I wish clients could message me or email me directly in the app. A testimonial feature built in would be amazing.

Waneka, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this lovely review! I'm thrilled to hear that it's been easy to use and set up. And thank you for the suggestions, love the idea of having templates for the shop page!

LH

Lila H.

Paperbell - My Professional Game Changer

EXCELLENT VALUE FOR THE PRICE. I am saving tons of time that I would usually spend scheduling, communicating with them scheduling their call on zoom, billing or invoicing for money, collecting money, sending reminders, and sending out forms to sign and other useful documents. Also, I love the back-end features to learn how many packages I have sold and how many sessions are left Great stuff. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and Paperbell.

Pros

This software has revolutionized at the very core some administrative duties I incur in my coaching and consulting business thus creating a 300% improvement. Scheduling, collecting money, and sending out critical documents and reminders - a sequence that all gets initiated when clients pay and schedule. Saves me tons of time. Makes it easier for the clients to find their scheduled appointment or make a new ones. It has saved me lots of time and raised my professional game~Little Bell Big Impact!

Cons

The difficulty for cleints- the complexity too many steps for verification for clients to log into the portal. The look and feel of the offers. I wish that was more clean and uniform with more user experience. Looks really basic.

Thank you for your candid review Lila! Will definitely bring up these points about client complexity with the team so thank you for sharing. Samantha, Team Paperbell

LD

Linsay D.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Review for Paperbell

I've really liked my experience so far, I definitely want to continue to use it and see how it grows and changes.

Pros

I like how Paperbell looks, it's ease of use, and the ease of use on the clients end.

Cons

I don't like the scheduling feature. it's not easy to use if your don't have an offering.

Love having you here Linsay! We definitely want to aim to work well for coaches so happy that you found us. Samantha, Team Paperbell

CT

Christine T.

Paperbell is my Virtual Assistant

Using Paperbell is like having a virtual assistant- I know my clients and potentials are being taken care of when I’m busy!

Pros

I’ve used this from the beginning of my coaching career and I won’t go back. The software was developed by a coach for a coach - woman owned. What I like best is that new features and improvements are constantly introduced. I love my Shop page- I’ve been able to customize the look, add illustrations and it looks like it’s a part of my website. I can send direct links to potential and current clients and easily make changes to my packages.

Cons

Anything I’ve had trouble with has been improved upon without asking. I know the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is taking requests, updating and coming out with new features all the time. It’s one of the main reasons I chose Paperbell.

Thank you so much for your trust in us since day one, Christine! Looking forward to a long partnership together :-) Samantha, Team Paperbell