Pause Logo

Don’t let things break ?when your team takes a break

Pause Reviews

Suggested alternatives

bamboohr
calamari
rippling

The serene graphics and soothing sounds instantly helped me relax and refocus my mind. I appreciated the customizable options that allowed me to tailor the experience to my personal preferences.
Easy to apply for longer leaves - selection of duration is easy to use. Public holidays being added are a nice touch - and the slack bot is very useful.
When we login in to application, the interface looks very cool. After working on multiple professional tabs when we see something like this our mind and heart feels good.
No leaves mails from the team, as everything directly goes on Pause. No manual tracking who is on leave.
No support for work from home requests/status. UI in slack is confusing.
So, there's this option where Pause will automatically update my status on Slack when I'm on leave - my only issue with this feature is that the leave message/status and emoji are not customizable.

kn

kiruba n.

review for pause

It's simple and straightforward to use. Don't have to use another app, or open another page -- everything happens within Slack.in another app i need to place my self on break or some time the app might be slow but when it comes to pause it was so user friendly and to apply leave or to check my leave balance or to download my payslip it was very fast and it was very user friendly

Pros

Cons

Nothing yet that I've disliked about the tool.

AB

Anant B.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Awesome Product with Amazing Features

My overall experience in pause is awesome I can easily apply for leave and check which one is on leave through calendar . so on the basis of this I can plan something 1day leave or a trip

Pros

Everything in pause is awesome you can see your pending leave, you can see the birthday and work anniversary of other member , you can see how many sick, casual and earned leave is pending the calendar is awesome in pause

Cons

As a daily user in pause the thing I notice when a user apply for leave a notification ping on the approver system but anyhow he/she missed to see the notification so in that case pause should provide and reminder that remind the approver to approve or decline the leave.The employee don't go again and again to the approver to approve his leave.

KA

Keylor A.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 51-200 employees

The most economic option out there but lacking crucial functionality

It's a nice application that works well if you are just looking for a time off request tool, but it's buggy, it doesn't work at times, and the interface doesn't always work as you would expect it to.

Pros

It's extremely easy to use and integrates seamlessly into Slack.

Cons

I never was able to get the accruals to work properly, days wouldn't properly add up every month and I ended up having to inventorize them manually periodically which defeated the purpose of the app

RG

Rishabh G.

A User-Friendly Leave Management Solution

Pros

One of the standout features of Pause is its seamless integration with Slack, which makes it easy for teams to manage their leave requests and approvals without having to leave their communication platform.

Cons

While Pause has a lot of great features, there are a couple of areas where it could improve. Firstly, the privacy settings could be enhanced to provide more control over who can see your leave requests, description, and remaining leaves. It can be a concern for some users that anyone on the team can see this information. Secondly, the loading time of Pause Home is slow, which is frustrating for users who need to access the platform frequently.

GB

Ghouse B.

Overall Good experience

The fact I like most about Pause is that I don't have to switch out of Slack for anything. I am a manager and 7 people report to me, so switching between apps would've been a great hassle but pause makes it extremely easy for me to approve leaves, view and apply for my time off and also track which members of my team are on leave in a given timeframe!

Pros

Before Pause, my remote team used to track leaves manually. This used to create a ton of confusion between colleagues partly due to time zone differences. With Pause, we now have one portal to track all leaves and time offs ensuring everyone knows everybody's availability and tasks get completed smoothly. It also integrates right into the calendar making it so easy to use every day.

Cons

The Pause website can be better mobile-responsive

SM

Syeda M.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Following a positive encounter with Pause

Overall It was great, it got us started from zero (nothing in place) really quickly. I liked the emojis integrations with the Pause which will make it more appealing.

Pros

It is a really fantastic program that made it simple to approve or deny requests. The possibilities are simply too fantastic, even while applying for a leave. It's easy to track & see if our team is available or on leave. To check their availability For scheduling meetings and discussing something.

Cons

I think the online version could be enhanced because I used it more frequently because of the Slack integration. Also, I wish we could add one person to more than one team.

Thank you for your detailed feedback! We're thrilled that Pause is making a positive impact on your time-off management.

RS

Raj S.

Great User Experience

Delightful

Pros

Pause is very easy to use software. It's simple and intuitive user experience makes a great product to use daily.

Cons

The mobile web experience is not up to the mark. It will be better to have an app.

PR

Pranesh R.

Writing and Editing, 11-50 employees

An employee who can apply for leave without a second thought

In my experience, Pause has been an incredible gateway to apply for leaves with honesty. In a small/medium sized organisation where people might not have a dedicated portal to apply for leave, they end up hesitating a lot before speaking to their manager for leaves. I think this is a great solution for such organisations. But yeah, that reason visibility I mentioned earlier was an ick for me. One more issue was with the website, it is rare that I use your website to apply for leave (since i do it on slack) but whenever I tried to, the website simply didn't go past that apply confirmation button.

Pros

I like that the leave duration for half a day is available, but the feature that I like the most is the slack integration. Once I integrated Pause with Slack, I never had to leave my company's "ecosystem" to apply for a leave.

Cons

I don't like how on the website, the reasons are visible for everyone in the organisation. I believe it should only be visible to the manager. It'd be great if you could turn that visibility of reasons off by default and allow managers to choose whether or not to show the reason.

CV

Cajeton V.

Banking, 5,001-10,000 employees

Pause Leave Tracker

It was amazing and enjoyed the UI and UX of the product.

Pros

Shortcuts and one click away information

Cons

Nothing for now, but could add few more features

rb

rishikesh b.

Interface

Pros

The website is very compact and very useful, Features like deleting the request even after it being approved is one of the best options

Cons

userfriendly, cool ui, integrations. it has been one real good application , Easy to manage request and approve or decline them. Even while apply for a leave the options are way too good.

KS

Kanika S.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

User Experience

Pros

it's easy to track & see if our team is available or on leave. To check their availability For scheduling meetings and discussing something.

Cons

it's not mobile-friendly. if I try to open pause on my mobile browser it takes a lot of time to load, after loading content seems too tiny I need to keep scrolling right to access the button, even when applying for leave through mobile after selecting the date I have to scroll at least 2 or 3 times to get the submit button, which is quite annoying. but overall its good.

VS

Vikrant S.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Professional and easy leave management app

Pros

It's easy to integrate with slack. You don't have to visit the website each time to apply for leave thanks to the pause bot on slack. Also, it's super easy to login in and pause an account as there is various third-party login integration like Slack and Google.

Cons

The Pause website can be better mobile-responsive.

SK

Sushil K.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Pause review for scaling product

I felt overall experience is good with this and It helps us to manage our daily routine

Pros

Most of the feature are important for manager to manage their team member and It also help member to take off from work if it is necessary

Cons

All feature are very helpful and easy to integrate with other apps

RK

Ravi K.

Help to grow

Great overall experience for leave and timeoffs usage.

Pros

Pause is really good at it's usage. The best feature of pause I found out was slack integration.There were a lot of times where I didn't even open the software portal. Most of the time, I just used it via slack. Have applied for several leaves and compoffs just through few clicks which I liked the most.

Cons

Whenever I opened the portal, I felt like it took a lot of time for bootstrap loading which made UI experience little bad for end user. I also felt like the member search functionality was also a little slow.

MY

Mohammed Y.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

its very useful and nice to use

Pause is a very user-friendly application that will be able to see how many leaves are pending and as we apply on leave its responding quickly

MC

Mikami C.

Supremely easy to use

Pretty great! Highly recommend.

Pros

The web app is incredibly lightweight. Better than any other leave management tool I've come across. Cost-effective too.

Cons

I wish we could add a person to multiple teams.

Thanks Mikami! We're glad you like our product so much. We've passed on your feedback of one person in multiple teams to our product team.

MA

Mohamed A.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Ease of access and tracking

It is really great

Pros

The ease of access in tracking leaves especially helps in day-to-day operations planning. Also helps in daily updates via slack integration.

Cons

It takes time to load and sometimes very slow

SA

Saket A.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Very much and this feature is awesome

Awesome experience. Everything in this app is great and best is leave tracking and instant notification along with reminder set ups

Pros

Cons

No cons. Everything in this app is great and best is leave tracking and instant notification along with reminder set ups

TR

Thousif R.

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

puse excellent

its fantastic

Pros

its easy to have a track of leaves and apply for leave and it's more reliable to use over function will be smooth , it works effectively and smoothly in regard to organization human resource management . over all experience is gud

Cons

there is no as a such drawback as per my experience with pause

DK

Deepak K.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Really the best most modern approach to an HR leaves app

It's really a very unique experience for me with respect to such apps. It's something I'd miss if I go to another company. Really nice and intuitive, more companies should use this app.

Pros

It's so simply designed, easy to use and understand. The design and look are really on point. The Slack integration is the best thing about it, it makes life easier without having to use the HR portal again and again to check whether leaves have been approved, who is on leave, etc.

Cons

The thing I didn't like was that it's not a comprehensive HR tool for people like me. I have to use this app for leaves, and another for other functions like tax proofs, etc. So I'd rather want to use a comprehensive app that does everything. Also, I'm not sure whether I can apply for leaves on slack itself, without having to go to the website. That would be great if possible.

MK

Maciej K.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Makes managing leaves in my team easier

Pros

I use Pause for two things: accepting leave requests from my team and tracking who is off on a specific day, company-wide. I like the Slack integration which makes it easy to manage the requests. It's so good I hardly go to Pause to do something.

Cons

Pause has a calendar when you log in, but I rarely use it. It took me a while to figure out how to subscribe to a calendar so I can see leaves in Google Calendar, but once I did, it works well.

OD

Oyshee D.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

The pause is very helpful at work, tracking of leaves, applying of leaves, approving it.

It is excellent

Pros

Tracking of leaves, applying leaves, and approving it from the mobile.

Cons

None. I liked every feature of the pause.

HS

Hema S.

Review of Pause

Pause has a very good user interface where you can do it everything by yourself.

Pros

Pause has a very ease of handling and user interface is very friendly. Everything is like a kind of DIY.

Cons

There is nothing least about pause, everything is good, There is no negative reviews which can be provided.

MS

Mohammed S.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Feedback and review about accessability.

Easily accessible, easy to manage , interactive and easy on the hand and mind

Pros

User friendly and quick access driven, easy to use and very easy to ,manage leaves and get to know leaves

Cons

it would be good if we get more features on pause such as experience , no of days in organization.

ms

md saqeeb j.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Very helpful an easy to apply leave in emergency

Very helpful an easy to apply leave in emergency its has various options an its very convenient to use my experience have been awesome till know .