PayFocus

Online payroll and HR solutions for growing businesses.

PayFocus Reviews

Shannon A.

We have had a great experience so far with an easy and seamless transition. The on-boarding has been great.

Emily A.

Frank M.

Lorraine N.

Terri K.

One of things I dislike is that the navigation menus or tabs are often confusing.

Andrea P.

4.5

Extremely easy to use and wonderful set up for both employer and employee!

Pros

I love that it allows easy access and understanding of tax processing, support, and the ability to manage HR tasks all from one place! Its perfect for our small business.

Made payroll a breeze

Payfocus has allowed payroll to be slightly less of a hassle. (I mean, who LIKES to process payroll?) I have access to view each employee's personal information. Changing status or information is a breeze. I LOVE that the reports are so easy to access and online chat is always available to help if needed. We have had a few issues in the past and the most recent took MONTHS to correct. I am not even...

Employee never works

Worst product I have ever used to get my paycheck information. It does not allow you to reset your password at all and often just logs you out and locks you out.

Pros

I don't like anything about this product

Cons

Never allows to log in as a employee. Worked for a short period of time and then stopped. Tried to reset password e-mail never sent. This occurs all the time and then you have to wait for admin to get it fixed.

Past User Review

I enjoyed using PayFocus and the customer service staff was great!

Pros

It was easy to use and the customer service support for software was great.

Cons

The reporting feature was very limited and there were other things it could do.

Very Organized from an employee point of view

We have been much more organized with our details around pay being kept in a central location

Pros

BenefitMall PayFocus has functioned as great HR software for our organization of just over 200 employees. Details are communicated via the BenefitMall portal which cuts down on e-mail questions to the human resources department and allows for a more efficient work environment. Pay details are posted, download paycheck details, tax information can be posted securely, direct deposit details and address locations, all in one place.

Cons

We have run into certain times where the processing tends to be slow around peak times, however, we could also do a better job submitting payroll details earlier to avoid this.

PayFocus

Pros

Overall, the payroll entry is fairly user friendly, and the reporting standard reports are good. The team is helpful to get back to you with issues.

Cons

I had a horrible time setting it up in the beginning, and counted on them for a lot, which was set up incorrect. They have helped work through it, but I continue to have issues with the tax piece, which they file for us. Also, the custom report piece is not very user friendly.

BenefitMall Payroll

Easy to use website, easy access and self explanatory. Provides any information that I need about our payroll...

Pros

Self explanitory

Cons

No cons that I have encountered...

It doesn't get easier than this!

My previous payroll company was changing employees every month and was constantly calling me to "up sell". Since I have been with Benefit Mall Payroll, I have had the same point of contact and only the most prompt responses to any concerns.

Pros

Ease of use. I don't have the time to learn a complex payroll system.. The Benefit mall payroll system is easy to use and understand.

Cons

I received some tax notices during the transfer of payroll companies. However, I simply emailed the notices to the tax department and they settled all of the issues and sent verifications of each step for my records.

I love my new payroll service

I recently switched from another payroll service. The switch was driven by cost. What has impressed me most about Benefit Mall is that I am getting every bit as good a service both in terms of customer support and online efficiency and ease of use. All this while saving $1800 a yaer in service fees. This makes me very happy I switched to Benefit Mall

Pros

I am not a tech savvy person, so I would say the ease of use is the biggest thing for me so far. Just login, enter the data and you are good to go. Reports are easy to access as well

Cons

None that I can think of.

easy and organized

Pros

I enjoy a website that is easy to navigate through and not overwhelming, just straight to the point, no hassles

BenefitMall Payroll Review

I have been very pleased with my interaction with BenefitMall. The knowledge and courtesy has been a plus in my learning of the payroll system. Our account representative is one of the best I have dealt with.

Pros

It is a user friendly system

Cons

It times out quicker than I would like.

Great online platform

Pros: easy to use online platform- easy to update employee profiles/ if you have an issues your specific account rep can directly help you instead of going through 45 dial tone options/ account rep is always available, friendly and accommodating Cons: The journal report from each pay period could be formatted differently. Just my personal preference to have it more reader friendly, some people don't read payroll reports regularly.

Cons

User friendly and awesome customer care!

I have had a great experience with Payfocus! I am not very tech savy and have found it very easy! The customer care over the phone, in person, and via their online chat has been very helpful and went out of their way to help me navigate anything I couldn't figure out myself. We just filed our taxes and it was a breeze! It was great to have access to all the reports we needed. I am very pleased with Payfocus!

Cons

Automated timecards are wonderful!

I've been well taken care of along the way.

Pros

I have access to all my payroll records at my fingertips. Reports are easy to run. Support has been great when I need help.

Cons

It's taking some time to get everything running smoothly adding the TimeFocus. But the PayFocus got going very quickly. It has been an adjustment with a few glitches along the way but there are enough people I can attempt to contact for help that I always get help and my problems get resolved.

Their software ROCKS!!!

I've been working with BenefitMall since Oct 2014. I was kind of thrown into working with payroll at my company and was very nervous about it at the time. However, it has been a wonderful experience, everyone was VERY helpful and patient with me during my learning curve. Anytime I have a problem their CS is on top of it and have helped me and our company time and time again!!

Payroll made easy

Pros

Payfocus allows my team to keep each employee’s timesheet in point and calculate everything super fast and easy. Imwe havnt has any issues. Entering data is quick and user friendly. The interface isn’t complicated and timesheets print out with ease.

Cons

I have no cons for payfocus. It works just as is and has made the office more efficient

My payroll transfer experience

I was referred to the payroll system by KeyBank. They made it sound like it was another fine service offered by Key.

Pros

Entering in the payroll

Cons

It seems like every time i enter in the payroll some little issue arrives, like people that had no issues last week suddenly are coming up as not entered into Workmen s Comp correctly, or not labeled properly or one of the tax selections are missing. (All 3 three happened at different payroll process weeks).

Needed a simple and cost effective payroll system for our small company.

Ease of use, more affordable than some payroll companies.

Pros

Ease of use once properly trained. Simple and uncomplicated interface and provides all we need for our small company efficiently.

Cons

A few stumbling blocks in the first 3 months as new situations arose with employees. Not all were covered in the training, but online help was most efficient in solving issues on the spot.

Great Service

I have been very pleased with BenefitMall. Our payroll specialist is extremely helpful and always responds to any questions or requests I have right away. Our payroll is accurate and our office loves knowing we can count on BenefitMall! Thank you!

Cons

Easy to use - fast response time from our customer service rep

We have been using this payroll platform for many years. It is easy to use. There are a few functions that require the customer service rep to do for us, but as of late, their response has been very quick so it is not an issue.

Cons

Needs better customer support & reporting

If you're not familiar with Crystal reports the reporting is a bit difficult to navigate through. I'm typically getting complaints from my finance department as to the poor reporting from the system and corrections to the reports take more time and effort for an automated system. As for a payroll administrator, it handles all the functionality I need it to, but I agree the reports are a bit much to filter through appropriately. Customer service can take more than 1 business day to respond to inquiries which is difficult in obtaining immediate responses/answers.

Pros

Basic functionality

Cons

Reporting/Customer Service.

The software is simple and straight-forward

I would not call myself a computer savy person, yet I found the software easy to use. Also, the internet customer support is excellent, which is refreshing now a days because good customer service is hard to find.

Great Company, Outstanding Customer Service

Our small law firm was handling its payroll in house for the past three years. We switched to BenefitMall and have never looked back. The online portal is extremely intuitive and easy to use, but small issues do arise - particularly for folks who are new to the system. When that happens, US-based customer service reps are only a quick phone call away.

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service.

Cons

N/A

Benefit Mall offers superior service!

Our small business has been using Benefit Mall (previously Compupay) for several years now and they give us the same professional service they would give a larger corporation.

Very User Friendly

It is easy to use. If I need information from an old report I can access it quicker online than pulling it from the hard copy files.