All categories
PCRecruiter

Recruitment CRM / ATS for recruiting and placement agencies.

visit website

PCRecruiter Reviews - Page 2

Amazing Support with a Strong and Reliable Product

Fantastic products and amazing support

Pros

PCRecruiter offers tremendous flexibility for those that want more from their ATS.

Cons

Mass emails are a pain, but once you learn the system, it works fine.

Thank you for the review, Scott! We're happy to have you as a client. We're always open to thoughts on improving the mass email capabilities. Visit the features & suggestions forum on the helpdesk and let us know what could be improved.

Review of PCRecruiter As A Valued Business Tool

Greatest benefit has been our ability to completely organize our business on this system as the 'go to' resource every day. And the technical service access and training are outstanding.

Pros

It's functionality allows us to access/retrieve all important candidate/client information [new or archived] in several different ways so that data is never 'lost'. From their basic features to the more granular, PCRecruiter has been an excellent and reliable business tool for us, for almost 14 years!

Cons

After 14 years, the product has only improved and continues to do so, so at this time there aren't any 'negatives' to site.

Thank you for the review, Trudy! We're glad to head that PCR has been making your job easier for all these years!

Affordable and Functional

Pros

There are a lot of functions available for use in this software, but it's designed in a way that you can choose to use what you want. Nothing we don't use is in our way or makes using the software harder.

Cons

I would like it if the roll ups could be sorted by the quality of the match to a search.

Thanks for your review! If you have any suggestions for the team on how we can improve rollups, check out the Ideas and Requests forum in our helpdesk.

My review

OVerall experience has been good. There is a small learning curve.

Pros

The software integrates files and tracks email.

Cons

The app is minimal features. When I email from PCR, I cannot track that email in my email account. Yet when receiving email, it tracks that. Sometimes the system moves a little slow.

Thank you for the review, Michael! Regarding email tracking, both sent and received mail should be tracked if things are configured properly. Check in with our training team for troubleshooting.

The recruiter's companion!

I've used Main Sequence's PCR for many years and it is truly the recruiter's companion. Do you think you have what it takes to bill a million plus? You might, yet not without the right tracking software. I should know because I've billed many millions using this system and this is the system that made it possible. High billing activity takes a system that is easy to use, scale-able to large volumes of activity yet useful for part timers, saves time, performs solidly, and has the backing of a knowledgeable support team. I've explored the options and nothing compares.

Pros

Easy to use, reliable, scale-able, customizing options galore, can be conformed to fit your style, and is easy to use 'on the fly'. For beginners and advanced users, there is excellent training available. If you're stumped on an issue there is excellent LIVE support available. And these are knowledgeable support people who understand our business.

Cons

I honestly don't have a complaint!

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Already saving time and money!

The training team has been excellent. They follow up and they also made sure we had accessibility during the time we needed them. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is professional and thorough.

Pros

I like the way this software integrates with e-mail and it is easy to toggle back and forth. Very user friendly.

Cons

So far the only thing I wish was different was how we add attachments.

Thanks so much for your kind words, Tiffany! If you haven't yet, please post your suggestions about attachments on our ideas forum in the helpdesk. We look forward to helping you save more time and money!

Overall Great ATS with Solid Customer Support

Overall positive experience with PCRecruiter, as it's met our business's need

Pros

User-friendly interface with lots of features and the ability to customize just about everything as desired to optimize workflows and match business needs. Cloud-based options allow remote access from anywhere with internet access. New email campaigns feature tracks views and clicks for outbound email marketing, which allows users to set up highly-focused drip campaigns.

Cons

For cloud based users, occasional server issues or intra-day patches cause intermittent slowness. Features submitted in the feature request forum are sometimes ignored for months on end, even when upvoted by multiple other users.

Thank you so much for the review! In regards to long-standing requests in the feature request forum, in some cases those requests are just more complicated to fulfill than they appear, but rest assured that no request goes un-noticed and we very much value those requests!

Ideal for recruiting agencies

We are a boutique recruiting firm, and PCRecruiter has enabled us to quickly set up our candidate database. For over 15 years, we have been able to effectively search and organize our candidate and client database.

Pros

15+ years of using PCRecruiter. Ease of use. It has enough features and organizational structure to allow you to create pockets or folders of candidates, but it does not buckle under the weight of having TOO many ways to categorize and organize candidates. When I have questions, I am able to get help from the PCR support team nearly immediately, and their support is thorough.

Cons

For me, the icons which are used for functionality buttons are not as intuitive as they could be. As in, by looking at the button, I don't automatically think of the functionality it represents. On the flip side, I have used PCRecruiter for over 15 years, and though the icons aren't what I would choose, I quickly learned.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Outstanding value and the features are world class.

Pros

I have used the biggest and most popular ATS systems in over 10 years as a corporate recruiter in Fortune 500 environments. Now that I am an independent headhunter, I am amazed at how much value and features you can get out of a smaller ATS like PCRecruiter. Some of these include being able to upload information and profile pictures in a few quick steps. The most amazing thing about PCR is the tech support. You can call and get an immediate resolution to almost any issue. If it can't be resolved right away they make a point to get it done in the matter of hours, not days and weeks. Lastly, the price is right!

Cons

There is not much I don't like as the software is very user-friendly. About the only thing is being able to change the color scheme.

Thank you for the glowing review, Manny! And we do have alternate color schemes on our "to do" list in the development department.

Honestly

Good experience overall. Search by area code, Keywords, location, makes life easier.

Pros

User friendly, ease of learning, and helpful support to make changes.

Cons

Some time we have to open different versions to do three things at once, Establish a roll up list, create a named letter and do a search.

Thank you for the review, John! Yes, multiple windows are sometimes the most effective way to get a task handled - we're working on ways to use screens more efficiently in future updates. We appreciate your feedback!

User Feedback for PCR - Very Positive

I am extremely happy with the software. Every year we do a re-evaluation of the software and have not found a better option. The support team are very responsive and knowledgeable.

Pros

Feature functionality of this product is very extensive. Almost every feature you would wish for is built into the software. Most all of needed functionality is included in the base price. Additional functionality from PCR and allied vendors can be purchased at reasonable additional cost. What adds to the value of this product is its well documented API. This API connects PCR to many other applications like CRM and auto dialers vendors to name just two options.

Cons

If I have to "nit pick". While all the functionality is present in PCR, some of the workflows and reporting could be improved.

Thanks for the review, Steve! We're glad PCR continues to meet your needs.

• Likelihood to recommend4.00/10

Good Database with some automated functionality; poor CRM

Middle of the road. It does the basic things well and is a good database to store information. Outside of that, there is no CRM functionality and isn't super useful from a sales, sales tracking, leads or reporting perspective.

Pros

The best features of PCR are the "roll ups". The software seems to be built around the roll ups and they provide a lot of functionality, some automation and decent organization ability.

Cons

It lacks a true CRM feature. The reporting is not great. Every name entered into the system is a candidate. There is no delineation between candidates and company contacts which creates problems.

Candidates and Contacts are delineated by the 'Status' field in PCR... a name can be a candidate or a contact depending on that setting. This facilitates situations where someone is hired at a company and then becomes a hiring contact there and allows for fluid movement between statuses without creating duplicate records.

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

PCRecruiter is as good as it gets but it can always be better.

PCRecruiter is a great tool and has been invaluable to me as a 15 year veteran of the recruitment industry. My overall experience with the software has been excellent. I'd recommend it to any recruiting firm, large or small.

Pros

PCRecruiter's interface design and ease of use helps our firm get new recruiters up and running quickly with a minimal amount of software related training. In addition it let's our firm of 25+ recruiters work collaboratively across 100's of ongoing searches.

Cons

PCRecruiter's search functionality is good but it could be so much better. If I could do it all over I would recommend we create standard fields for things like Education, Industry Experience and also Titles. This would allow us to search within PCR without being so keyword dependent.

Thanks for the review, Steven! We're glad the system is helping your company to stay organized!

Never have to worry

One of the most important benefits is consistency. In 5+ years of using PCR, we've never had any downtime. This was such a huge improvement from our old ATS systems that would go down for hours at a time throughout the year. The next biggest benefit is constant improvement. Especially with integrated systems like LinkedIn. I never need to contact PCR to let them know something has changed and their system needs to be updated. They are on top of it and updates usually come within 24 hours.

Pros

PCR is highly configurable so you can set it up to match the way you work. The integration with other systems - especially LinkedIn capture is a great asset. Good support in getting things set-up. You own your data and have easy access to it if there is ever a need for a back-up or to change systems.

Cons

Very minor issue - could have better sales call tracking with visual follow-up lists.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

PCR software and support review

All of our associates enjoy working within PCR. It makes their recruiting lives so much easier because it is software designed and written for what we do on a daily basis. Not trying to make some other ATS system work for the recruiting industry.

Pros

It's ease of use. PCR is very intuitive and easy for new associates to understand and get up and running.

Cons

Cannot really think of anything, perhaps it is because we have been using it for many, many years.

Thanks for the review, Tim! It's great to hear how well PCR has served your needs!

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Solid ATS product

We have had a good experience with PCRecruiter. We do not use the system to its full capability. I do believe we could get much more out of the system than we currently do. I am surprised that our account rep does not try to get us to do more!

Pros

PCRecruiter is user friendly and has a good price point.

Cons

When we created customized fields, we did not realized that they were not "smart." They are not as useful as the built in fields.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Barbara! We'd be interested in hearing more about your ideas for smarter custom fields - visit the Ideas & Requests forum on our helpdesk to make a suggestion if you haven't done so!

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Great software for all recruiters and managing the talent acquisition pipeline.

Pros

It's an adaptive software and is expanding to fit our growing needs. Very easy to customize menus and parts of the site to save time and increase your workflow productivity. It's very easy for users with minimal software experience to learn but also intuitive enough for high tech-savvy users to utilize.

Cons

The Mobile App is in the early stages of development I feel, so the only feedback I have is to keep developing it over time.

Thanks for the glowing review, Eddie!

I have been working with PCRecruiter since 2003

Pros

I like the integration and all the features, from recruiting, database, sales, the ability to manage and drive the whole process in one place that makes it very useful to upload information and communicate and track all processes from the client to the applicant, recruiting, sales and it is flexible to be able to support any discipline or industry.

Cons

It takes a little while to get used to the system and to learn all the different modules.. it's very robust. Saying that, the support team and training team are very responsive and help so much when I need to learn something knew or if I have support issue it has been resolved quickly 100% of the time. Then entire company that I have spoken with or needed their help has always been responsive and very friendly and easy to work with.

PCR Support

Honestly one of the BEST customer support platforms I've ever seen. You can call them anytime with questions. You go directly to a human ready and willing to help you right there and then. If they don't have the answer they find someone who does and they will get back to you quickly. Always respectful and generous with their help.

Pros

PCRecruiter is very user friendly, completely customizable. Our company has many different specialties we use this product for and we are able to create custom fields to fill every niche.

Cons

I have not had any issues with any of the software capabilities. If it's not out of the box it's always been customizable or if needed the support at PCR has taken our recommendations and made changes accordingly.

Thanks so much for the review, Suzi! We appreciate it and we're glad PCR is meeting the needs of your organization!

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

PCR, the software for the I.T. junky and the average day person!

Pros

I like how you can capture information from other sites LinkedIn and resumes vs having to manually enter names, employer, title, contact information etc. I also like all the reporting features for tracking metrics and that all emails, as long as the contact is in PCR, will be linked to the appropriate record. This makes searching for prior conversations very easy.

Cons

Prior to PCR we had a very simple software, so the hardest part for our team was learning all the amazing, time saving features available with PCR as well as the best workflow process and keeping the daily activity levels up. There is a learning curve, but well worth the time upfront to make sure you are utilizing the software to the best of its ability for your business.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Very happy with PCRecruiter

Overall, very good. Initial time setting everything off pays off in great time-saving later for the team.

Pros

Usability - the automation of the system is great. Spend the time setting things up and you won't regret it. Move the candidates through the process (Drag and drop) and relevant messages are sent out. Outlook connector is a great integration for communication tracking. Support are very responsive.

Cons

Initial setup takes significant time (for one person) when transferring from a bespoke system. Not completely unexpected, but was surprised it was so difficult to set up the system the way we wanted it in the test environment, and then wanted to transfer over live (most recent) data. Worked out in the end, but it was different from they way I thought the process would go.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Big improvement from previous version but . . .

It's a time saver, helps me stay organized, and ultimately helps me put together more deals! It is also affordable and priced correctly.

Pros

Everything about it is a time saver designed so that you don't have to go back and forth from PCR to LinkedIn, which is fantastic. Huge improvement overall but . . .

Cons

The only problem I noticed with this version was that - despite what the training video says - it does not give you the option of adding a name to a rollup "on the fly". Instead, you have to designate the rollup in the default settings. The video specifically mentions that this is not the case anymore, but I just downloaded this latest version 5 minutes ago and there's no option to choose a rollup on the fly. I imagine that will be fixed soon, however, and when it is it will be perfect.

Excellent Recruiting Tool

PCRecruiter has been a great partner to help our firm grow to where we are today. Anytime we've had an issue, they are quick to respond and find a resolution. They continue to keep us updated.

Pros

The ability to customize profiles and the user interface is amazing. The PCR team is constantly updating the system and making it better with each update. Very user friendly and the support staff is very responsive.

Cons

Nothing in particular. I suppose it could look a little 'sexier' or have the ability to change color schemes for personal preference. In terms of functionality, there isn't much that I would change.

Thanks for the review, Justin! Keep your eyes peeled for announcements about our future releases, as there will be more 'sex appeal' to the interface coming down the road for sure.

Great Software for Recruiting

I've had a great experience so far with PCR and anything that hasn't been going well or any issues we face, support is there for fixing and they're always taking suggestions on how to enhance.

Pros

What I like most about PCR is the ability to customize it to your needs. You have the ability to customize dashboards and add/remove fields, making organization great for a database that holds so much information.

Cons

There's not something I dislike about the software, but it does require some training to get used to- especially for admin (like anything else) but once you get used to it it's pretty simple and support is always there to help!

Thanks so much for the review, Lauren! We're glad to hear that the system is getting the job done and that our team is supporting you well.

Great Product for a Great Price

I've been using PCRecruiter for over 10 yrs and have tried other types of software and returned to PCRecruiter. It handles everything so well and is a great help with my recruiting business

Pros

Easy to use - helps me to remember what needs to be done through scheduling and activities - keeps track of all of my candidates and clients

Cons

Form letters have to created in the Systems tab so it can't be done as you work from a roll up.

Thank you for the glowing review, Linda! We're glad you're finding PCR to be the best solution for your business!