All categories
PCRecruiter

Recruitment CRM / ATS for recruiting and placement agencies.

visit website

PCRecruiter Reviews - Page 3

Great software for what I do

I use it as my go to CRM package with auto dialing

Pros

Ease of use. Can have multiple instances and never misses a beat.

Cons

Integration with certain tools like ZoomInfo and Lusha are troublesome at times.

Make it work for your business model

I love the support with PCR, its very easy to get quick answers or to review forms of other user's experience. As I use it more I tend to see how it can work for me to better my daily tasks. I love all the integrations with other software, all leading to metric tracking.

Pros

This is a big platform for holding all the information about your business. I really like how customizable it is, making it unique to your business. The metric tracking dashboard can be customized to what you as an owner or manager need to review with employees, and allows employees to see first hand where they are and where they need to be!

Cons

There is a learning curve with how much stuff can be done with this database. It seems like every day there is something new to learn, it can get overwhelming all the features. But it's just important to utilize the help desk to know what you want, and how to use ONLY what you want. Do not get caught up in every single feature unless you need that.

Thank you so much for the review! We look forward to sharing even more exciting features with you in 2020!

User Friendly and Reasonably Priced!

Overall PCRecruiter has given me a good place to keep track of my companies and candidates, and it's user-friendliness have allowed me to train employees in a short period of time.

Pros

It's easy to use and there are many search options that allow you to find companies and names easily.

Cons

Some search capabilities, such as duplicate name or company search, could be much better. They also NEED to install an option to customize the layout, like PCR 8 used to offer. The "standard" layout they require you to use does not fit my needs.

Thank you for the review! The layouts on most screens can be customized (particularly the main name, company, and job records). If you need assistance with the customization, reach out to our support team and they'll be glad to work it out with you!

PCR - from a recruiter...

I have used many systems and I do think PCR is comparable to some of the bigger software systems out there.

Pros

I love that I can use it through the Microsoft "portal" and not have to switch from one program to the next! Here are other pro's: Importing resumes is easy Lots of fields to organize information Searches are easy

Cons

I don't love the way resumes convert in PCR. I often have trouble editing them. Also, some resumes are easy to import and others are not. Other cons: Duplicates are too easily put in the system The cell phone system is very limited - you really can't do much from your phone Roll ups - mail merges - are not easy

Thanks for the review, Kristin! Regarding your concerns, you may want to visit our Ideas & Requests forum to make your thoughts known on how we can help you avoid duplicates or what you'd like to see added to future mobile app updates.

Functional software

This is a great database to keep track of our candidates. Customer service is exceptional.

Pros

Software is easy to use after initial installation, which I had trouble with since I was installing it on another computer.

Cons

I feel the search functions not exact enough at times. It would be great when you run a search and you receive 100% or 50% matches, that you could limit to 100% matches without having to put a check by each name, as sometimes there are hundreds. Perhaps I just do not know how to do it correctly.

Thank you for sharing your review! You can always check in with our training team about ways in which to make your searches more efficient... they may have good ideas for you about pre-tagging or listing records to make them easier to find.

Great ATS!

All experience using PCR so far is great! PCR is a very nice program, company, and staff! The call center is helpful as well. It is so worth to use it at our company.

Pros

I use PCR every day. Always PCR catches up the trend of technology and has new features. Once you learn how to use it, it is very easy and friendly to use. I also like the training system. When we request training at our site, a trainer comes to our office. The trainer is always very friendly and knowledgeable. After the training, always he follows up with our questions as well. Great service!

Cons

There are so many features. It is probably a great thing, but it is hard to catch up with new features of technologies.

A great less expensive option for high volume recruiting

Setting up a system like this is always difficult. We found that, with the exception of some custom forms that weren't completed to spec, this system was easy to setup and nice to use.

Pros

Once PCRecruiter is setup, it is easy to use. It has many great features, like a memory of what you accessed last, so you don't have to remember which candidates you were working with. If you use the integration with Outlook, most recruiters won't have to use a separate browser. The ability to write custom SQL queries and the smart merge capability of the import process are also very nice.

Cons

The interface is a little dated. I believe they are working on updates though. If you hire them to create custom forms or applications, it feels like you get a contractor who may not know what they should. Their other support staff are great though. The in program email system could use some work. Setting the system up to pass through Office365 exchange servers with a generic email account, didn't work out. We ended up spinning our own exchange server to handle it.

Does most of what it should

Very nice to store data for clients and candidates, and makes the recruiting process easier. I would recommend this to other users with the caveat that you do have to learn the system first before it makes sense and flows.

Pros

I like the fact that there are several ways to do one thing. It's nice to have that type of functionality. The alarms also seem to work most of the time.

Cons

Sometimes it lags or times out if you are doing too many things at once. It would also be nice to have an autosave function on people profiles.

Thanks for your review of PCRecruiter! Auto-save sounds like an interesting idea... be sure to share that in our Ideas & Requests forum on the helpdesk.

Great organization features

Our company was seeking a more powerful database and one that would allow greater collaboration. If all of our team members use PCRecruiter as it is intended, then this is definitely achieved.

Pros

PCRecruiter has much more flexibility than the previous database that we used. I am able to keep my job orders more organized, easily share with team members, and communicate quickly with hiring managers. The support staff is always extremely helpful and truly worked with our team to personalize PCR to meet our processes. I appreciate that the product is ever-improving.

Cons

It is difficult to see complete activity notes without opening each individual note. The location of some customization features can be a bit confusing. I think that the software is so powerful, that the average user doesn't have a chance to learn all of the features.

It's What We Needed!

Coming from a Resumate program (cue prehistoric dinosaur sounds), this is SO much better than what we were using. There are some problems, and online documentation is definitely NOT as good as it could be. That said, we've really enjoyed using PCRecruiter, and have had good customer service from Sales and some of the other customer service people.

Pros

Probably the best feature for me is that it can be customized/modified for ease of use. I'm sure not two companies work exactly the same way, and the database(s) are modifiable so that you may capture important information overall and metrics that are important to YOU.

Cons

The more advanced functions are not as user-friendly as I would like them to be. Also, our training was less than optimal.

PCRecruiter: Best Database for the money. Best by far at any price!

The PCR team is the most responsive of any other software I have used in my over 25 years of recruiting. I have used many different systems, nothing compares to PCR.

Pros

I have used this software since the inception. It was a thick client, that installed on our desktops and shared on our network. They have continued to develop new features and the launch of the HTML version was revolutionary. This team is responsive and always looking for ways to improve their product. Ease of use, import features from social networking and so much more.

Cons

Very little. I would have to say that every time a problem crops up (which is seldom) they solve it quickly and responsively.

Aviation Personnel Recruiter (7yrs) review

PCR allows remote recruiting to be seamless when working properly. Overall, we rely heavily, almost entirely for all of our recruitment process

Pros

PRO Features: - Roll-ups for recruiting future candidates is a great feature and easy to use. - Ability to create forms (attachments) that are automatically emailed to select group (accounting, compliance etc) - user friendly - customizable

Cons

We often rely on SMS activities to be recorded as "proof of contact" and it seems every other week Ring Central texts stop syncing or recording as activities. We were advised to The solution is to re-authenticate often and is very frustrating.

Thank you for your review of PCRecruiter!

A Recruiter's Best Friend

We had an old database/recruiting software that was not cloud base. Having cloud based software has made much easier use for our user. PC Recruiter has bee very responsive to our needs and also quick in response time when having a problem or question.

Pros

Ramp up time on use is very user friendly. Training provided was excellent for onboarding Ease of looking up in "Help" Response time from PC Recruiter on help is excellent Willingness to work diligently with us on a large Data conversion Good product value for costs

Cons

Took more months than anticipated on data conversion. If you have a older version software, than needs lot changes to convert, be prepared for 6 months to convert. We had anticipated 3 months.

PC Recruiter is a valued partner

My organization is an RPO company in which we engage multiple clients. In most of these engagements, we bring an ATS solution. We use PC Recruiter as our primary system. We have worked with the team from PC Recruiter for almost a year now and have had great success with their ATS. Overall we are very satisfied with the functionality and features of the system.

Pros

The greatest "Pro" that I can point to is the team at PC Recruiter. They have been extremely responsive to our needs and have been there every step of the way as we configure and deliver their system. They have also been very willing to receive feedback and develop upgrades that have been "game changers" for the way we work. The Customer Service team is fantastic. Very knowledgeable and timely in their responses.

Cons

Some of the system terminology and field names are confusing. The system is not overly intuitive. There is a bit of a learning curve if you want to leverage all of the bells and whistles that PCR has, but the Customer Service team is very helpful in helping you in your education.

I've been using PCR since 2000

I live on PCR. It's my job. Don't know what I would do with out it.

Pros

Customizeability (Is that a word)? You can customize the software pretty easily. For instance I have a field where I can tag someone a "walking placement". Then I can search a city for all of those that I tagged with that term. There is so much you can do.

Cons

I am concerned that support for 8 will go away. I've been using the old school version for over a decade and I don't want to learn 9. If I have to I guess I will but would rather keep it old school.

Thanks for the review, Mario! PCR 8 isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future, although you'll be missing out on an increasing number of improvements, enhancements, and integrations in PCR 9+!

Great Software

Applicant tracking is always a concern. Also concerning is the amount of time needed to import candidates. This tool makes both much easier.

Pros

I love the ability to easily import candidates and track projects. The reporting is also good once you configure it. It is the kind of software that a firm can grow with and not have to look to another platform.

Cons

It could be more intuitive. Some of the functions require a bit of learning to work properly.

Thank you Chris! PCR can definitely be a little complex to pick up at first... we're working on UI improvements that will, we hope, make things easier down the road! Feel free to post your ideas in our requests forum on the helpdesk if you have any input.

Highly recommended!

Pros

I love how PCRecruiter can be personalized according to the company needs and wants. The ease of creating it and putting as many functions or options in the software is amazing. Easy to navigate and rarely have issues.

Cons

The capture tools sometimes don't work as I wanted to be, there are some instances that I have to make sure that the information is correct or it will be all over the place. Sometimes when they have an update the capture tool got an issue with other sourcing website and took them a while to figure the issue.

Thanks for your review of PCR! Yes, Capture is often a game of catch-up for us, as we get no warning when the various sites it can work with are about to change, but our team always tries to get things sorted out as soon as we're aware of the issue. Glad PCR is working for you in most regards!

PCR

Customer Service is exceptional. PCR provides for an important need in my organization.

Pros

PCR provides a lot of features and automation. It may take sometime to set everything up as you need, but once you do the product has the ability to really automate a lot of tasks that could otherwise be time consuming. Product is well integrated with LinkedIn.

Cons

For a small organization fees are very reasonable, if you begin to have many users, user fees could get expensive. For the size of my organization, it works quite well. Wish integration with Indeed was stronger, but we may not be utilizing most effectively.

PCRecruiter Review

We are able to track almost everything in our recruiting process. We would like more information on what we can leverage or best practicies that other offices use to leverage PCR.

Pros

customization of the database is excellent

Cons

job board. I would like to have a search feature on the homepage, and I would like more customization features for the job board. Also, I would like more robust reporting and analytics

Julian - get in touch with us regarding the job board items, as we may be able to accomodate more customization. Homepage-located search is on our internal wishlist as well, although coming up with a method that will work on various platforms (SquareSpace, WordPress, etc.) is a complicated thing. Glad you you're otherwise satisfied!

Awesome Centralized Database

Main Sequence is an excellent partner, we have customized our system and have several databases firewalled off. This is an awesome system for a small to medium size organization that is growing. We've had the pleasure of expanding our organization and were able to do so easily in PCRecruiter!

Pros

ease of use, customizable

Cons

contractor module/timesheet is a newer area for the organization. While it is a con today, the pro is that the company recognizes where they lag and put their focus on making that part of their system better in order to again lead

User Friendly ATS System

Pros

I love the PCR Capture tool that allows me to import candidate to our database from LinkedIn and link them directly to the role that we are recruiting them for. It also has allowed us to reduce our ecological footprint by being able to store all of our documents in one place that all users have access too.

Cons

The ability to do a very refined search of our database is limited and we have to take a two-step approach to get the results we are looking for.

Thanks so much for sharing your review of PCR! We're interested in your ideas about making searches more efficient - visit the ideas forum in our helpdesk to share!

PCRecruiter 9

Overall, I have had a good experience with PCRecruiter. The occasional hiccup or update doesn't really change my opinion since the majority of the time the software functions as I want it to.

Pros

It's a platform you can learn quickly because of the layout and customization you can do to tailor it to your likes. There are many different options for all your CRM needs.

Cons

There are sometimes updates that seem to make using the software a little more difficult. One example, they changed the layout and how to add people and companies to a rollup. That feature has recently been adjusted, and it's better, but not 100%.

PCR helps Administration too

We all have a central place for information and it is easily accessible. Once you use PCR it is easy to find your way around the info stored in it and you have plenty of areas where you can utilize the space to add other pertinent information for the business you are conducting.

Pros

I love that we can store documents like: fee agreements, invoices, letters, and resumes and other legal documents.

Cons

The fact that you can't see the past work history as easy as previous databases.

Thank you for the feedback! Regarding work history, if you're not leveraging the History section on the records, you may want to touch base with our training team about it. That could be useful to you!

PCR makes it easy

Pros

The most interesting thing is that it's not very cluttered with lots of information and choices. There are few things that are laid down as given but are helpful in making it more easy to comprehend. It is well-integrated with our website and makes data integration smooth. Finding the source of information is clearly demarcated.

Cons

It takes a while to understand the flow and to learn the features that can be imbibed with the information. Lot of things, in spite the fact that the training is over, are yet not known to me, and as I put forth my questions to the technical support, I get to learn new features that were not told in the training session. The technical support is fast and helpful. Sometimes, you don't know when you do something, and that comes out as a different end result, and you get stuck as to what went wrong.

PCRecruiter

Overall it's ben great and I have no issues with it other than the con I mentioned.

Pros

I love the simplicity of the software. It's fairly self explanatory. It did take me a while to get used to because of how many features there are but it is extremely useful.

Cons

The overall design could be enhanced, I feel like I'm using a software that came out in the 90's sometimes just based off aesthetics. I also don't like how the "Country" doesn't transfer over when you import data from a HQ for entering a new employee name.

Thank you for your review of PCR! Expect to see some serious changes to the aesthetics of the software over the coming year. ;) As for the Country field carrying over when adding a new name, if you haven't already posted that to our Ideas & Suggestions forum in the helpdesk, please do so!