PeopleKeep

Employee benefits administration tool for small businesses

PeopleKeep Reviews

Pros

The customer service to our employees is off the charts and the service they have offered our company has allowed us to have some sort of health benefit. Super happy to have partnered with PK.

Jessica M.

When we researched a QSEHRA plan PeopleKeep appeared to be the best choice and most knowledgeable. In addition, your online processing and customer service is outstanding.

Corinne C.

I love how easy this is to use - they really take the guesswork out of the process. The turnaround for approvals is so fast as well which puts me at ease.

Jayme S.

Cons

Charged For 1 Year of Services Despite Cancelling Within Weeks of Setup & Never Utilizing.

Steven R.

The reports after you schedule a payment for an employee are difficult to read.

Emily R.

Whereas if you could submit your reimbursement could be submitted under much more general groups and the specifics can be listed out in the description that would be faster and less confusing.

Michael A.

4.8

excellent benefit for employees

As a small business that cannot afford to offer healthcare to all my employees, we have turned to Peoplekeep as a solution. This allows us to help our employees pay for medical related expenses and ease their burden a bit. We are in our 6th month of using it and our employees are very thankful and excited that they get to be reimbursed for so many expenses. Some employees have even elected to have dental work done now that they know they can afford it with Peoplekeep reimbursement! That is rewarding for us, knowing we have helped take care of our employees in that way.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and navigate. There is always a person available to online chat with or call if you have questions. The turnaround time for any problems is really quick.

Cons

I wish there was an app for iphones and droids instead of having to go online to access my account. As a user an app would be much easier to use. As an administrator of the policy, an app would allow me to assist my employees while away from my desk as well.

Thanks for the great review! I appreciate you sharing your experience here, and it sounds like you¿ve really been able to help your employees with this benefit. I wanted to let you know that while we don¿t have a mobile app yet, our site is absolutely mobile friendly. You can access your account directly on your cell phone to make changes or approve reimbursements while you¿re away from the office.

Fantastic software, awesome customer service

Pros

I love that I can quickly look up eligible expenses, submit expenses, and receive a timely response. If I ever need to provide more information, the request is very specific and I know what I have to do to have the request approved. The customer service via their chat is phenomenal.

Cons

I only wish there was a way to submit one receipt/invoice with multiple reimbursement requests. For example, my husband and I went to the dentist at the same time. We paid together so there was one receipt. Instead of submitting the receipt once and dividing the expense up between the two of us, I had to submit it twice. Other than that, I have nothing to complain about!

Hi Melissa. We're so glad you've had a smooth experience with the product and our service team. We love hearing new suggestions. We've shared your idea for splitting expenses in one upload with our product team. Keep your ideas coming!

customer experience

When I first used the software to open my account it was very simple and easy to get started however, the system can't handle anything outside of normal straight forward billing and payment receipts without human intervention. My last attempt to get a refund has proven to be difficult without human intervention. It works fine for simple straight forward refunds but anything out of the ordinary is difficult because of limited options to make needed changes for unique situations. The software needs more flexibility.

Pros

Easy to read and move around. I love the color choices for various parts of the website.

Cons

Limited options for unique situations. There isn't an option when your health premium changes for submitting a premium and altering the upcoming refund to be different from the previous refunds before the change. See below my situation for example: I logged into the account and the last refund attempt was labeled ineligible because I cancelled the last request for the refund of 157.80 as a health...

Thanks for posting this! We really appreciate the feedback. We¿d love to chat with you about how we can improve our product.

Great solution for QSEHRA management

It has helped us manage our QSEHRA which saves my few administrative staff much time. We are able to use PeopleKeep instead of dealing with the extra cost of the hours we would otherwise spend dealing with all the paperwork.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use, even for those who are tentative to operate a computer to submit medical claims for reimbursements.

Cons

At first it is a little confusing as the administrator to find certain reports that are needed, such as an employee's used balance and remaining balance in their HRA for the year.

Thanks for posting such great feedback! We¿d love to learn more about what you found confusing so we can improve our product. Log in to your account to start a chat. We¿ll send your feedback straight to our product team.

Small business wanting to offer benefits to its employees

Pros

The cost of administration has been great and the ability to offer to apply monies toward employee health costs has been a great benefit to be able to offer. Being a small company, it's not always feasible to offer a group health insurance plan and this is the next best thing. Most employees can get better insurance cheaper than if we were to provide a health plan so this is kind of the best of both worlds for a small business.

Cons

Having more detail in the reports each month would be helpful. I realize there are HIPPA laws, but knowing when the claim was made would be helpful to make sure we're annotating in our records correctly. This is very helpful also in the Time-Off Request feature.

Thanks for the review, Troy! We're happy that PeopleKeep makes offering benefits more affordable. I'll make sure your request for more detail in the reports gets to our product team, so we can help keep your records as accurate as possible. We'll follow up on this privately. Thanks again for the feedback, and let us know if you find anything else we could be doing better.

PeopleKeep is worth your time and money

PeopleKeep is a customer-oriented service, and my experience as a customer has been extremely positive. I use the service primarily as a medical reimbursement system provided by my employer. When I submit a medical expense for reimbursement, it is generally approved within a few hours. If there is an issue with a submitted expense (usually my fault), a PeopleKeep representative contacts me and clearly provides the information I need to get the expense approved. I highly recommend PeopleKeep to any business seeking to provide this benefit to its employees.

Pros

I use PeopleKeep primarily as a medical expense reimbursement system provided by my employer. The software is simple to understand and user friendly.

Cons

I've had no negative experiences with this software.

Perfect Health Benefit Platform for a Growing Business

PeopleKeep gave our company a unique way of offering health care benefits and allowed our employees to keep their own insurances.

Pros

Saves our company time and money! PeopleKeep allows employees to seamlessly add health reimbursements with the touch of a button. The platform is simple and very easy to use. The chat feature is helpful if you or your employee may have any additional questions. PeopleKeep also also allows me (the admin) to reimburse our monthly totals in less than 5 minutes.

Cons

There is not one negative comment that I can say about this service. I absolutely love using this software!

I love PeopleKeep

Since our company does not offer insurance, PeopleKeep is great because my company can offer me reimbursements for my medical expenses.

Pros

What I love about PeopleKeep is they do exactly what they claim to do. My job doesn't have insurance benefits. PeopleKeep was offered as an incentive and it's great. I get reimbursed for my medical expenses and PeopleKeep does all the work for our company. It's HIPPA compliant, so my boss doesn't have to know about my medical history. Huge plus. And they make it super easy to make a claim. You simply answer a few questions and drag your receipts and that's it.

Cons

So far there aren't any cons. The setup was a breeze. Using the service is a breeze. No cons to see here.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] partner alliance manager @ PeopleKeep.com

Superb interaction

Pros

She walked me through the entire onboarding process and how to continue going forward. Very clean, patient, wonder knowledge and voice quality. All this the day before thanks giving! This company seems to have wonder qualified young people. This is a breath of clearly fresh air.

Cons

None that I am aware of at this time I will update when I have used the inputting software

Love People Keep

Pros

The customer service is great. They are very friendly and always prompt with an answer.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like.

Great Benefit for Small Business employees!

As a small business we could not afford to offer health insurance for our employees after recent rising costs of health insurance. We are a family business and strive to take care of our employees. Peoplekeep has been able to supplement our benefits package for our employees, enabling them to pay for health care services they otherwise would not have been able to have done. A good majority of our employees live paycheck to paycheck, so the thought of getting new glasses or going to the dentist is at the bottom of their list of priorities. Now however, they can do those things because they know they will be able to be fully reimbursed within a day or two. It is a good feeling knowing you are helping to ease the financial burden of health care for your employees.

Pros

The thing I liked most about this software is the simplicity of it. Even the most unskilled computer person can use it!

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is that there is no phone number to call if you want to talk to someone. They do offer online chat and an online Help Center, however sometimes you just want a person to talk to if you have a question.

Hi Lisa, thanks for leaving a review to let others know about your experience with PeopleKeep. We've sent you a note directly with information on how you and your employees can speak with us over the phone for those times when you just want a person to talk to directly!

Vote PeopleKeep!!

PeopleKeep is a great way to keep track of medical expenses and easily get reimbursed through your paychecks whether it is weekly, by-weekly, or monthly. PeopleKeep encourages you to take control of your physical health, mental health, and any sort of physical therapy or rehabilitation services you may need.

Pros

Well obviously getting reimbursed for my medical expenses is amazing in itself. It covers a wide range of medications and doctor visits. It isn't just prescription medication either, but also some over the counter medications as well. Some items on the list really surprised me such a various forms of birth control contraception available for reimbursement. It's a relief knowing I will be reimbursed...

Cons

It's pretty particular about the documents you send through (for good reason). Just be prepared to have dates, your name, and medical information clearly labeled.

Thank you for your kind words, Lena. We're glad you enjoy using PeopleKeep and find value in our services. We know that submitting all the documentation for your expenses can be a hassle, but that's just to make sure your company stays in compliance with IRS regulations and doesn't get fined if they ever get audited. We're always working to make our product better, so if you have any suggestions or further observations, we'd love to hear from you. You can contact us at support@peoplekeep.com.

What a great program for your health benefits!

What a wonderful group of people. The customer service to our employees is off the charts and the service they have offered our company has allowed us to have some sort of health benefit. Super happy to have partnered with PK!

Pros

How hands off it is for an employer. Approving a receipt for health care was not something I wanted to do. Wanting to keep employees healthcare private, this seemed to fit very well for us as they submit their receipts to a company that approves/denies. The only thing I have to do is reimburse - talk about easy!

Cons

I wish that the program connected with our main program that we use for onboarding and terminating so I wouldn't have to remember to login to PK to onboard or terminate an employee. I have definitely forgotten!

Thank you for your kind words, Jessica. You made our customer service team's day. We're honored you've chosen PeopleKeep to help Sugar Plum offer a health benefit. I've passed your suggestion about integrating our software with your employee onboarding/termination program to our product team. If you have any other suggestions or can give us more details about which software you use, contact us at support@peoplekeep.com!

PeopleKeep Benefits Broker Side

It allows employers to set a budget for benefits and not have fear of sticker shock at the next renewal. It allows employees to get something customized to them, and not have a one-size-fits-all that may or may not provide benefits they need.

Pros

The absolute best part is the customer support. I work as a broker and have helped some small groups that are moving away from or were unable to offer traditional employer-sponsored coverage to PeopleKeep. This allowed companies to offer benefits to the employees. Because of my more unique position, I am also an administrator with some of my groups and any issue is resolved within moments. The rep has been a lifesaver! He has made himself available outside of business hours when needed, and always has an answer. The rest of the team provides great service as well through chat.

Cons

The only thing that I can say I would have liked to have was step-by-step instructions before doing the company set-up/ employee load. The issue was resolved easily, however having instructions would have saved the rep from getting a phone call extremely early one morning.

I absolutely love this company!

Pros

The feature that I like the most is how wonderful the customer service is. They are really patient and will explain things until you understand them and they will also assist you in answering any questions. They are also quick to let you know if your submission for reimbursement was approved or denied or if you need to provide additional information.

Cons

In the very beginning when you submit your policy to prove that you have insurance it can be a little grueling.

Thank you so much, Natalie! Our support team always gets a boost from reviews like this. I'm glad that you mentioned submitting your policy information can be difficult. We're working with our product team to improve this process and make it simpler in the future. We'll follow up privately to see if our improvements will help. Thank you again for the feedback. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions!

A fantastic option!

We simply don't have the resources to offer robust employer funded primary health plans. With this platform, our dollars go further and are useful to everyone. With the flexibility of the HRAs, some are able to pay their premiums completely, some cover their out of pocket expenses, some save up for something specific, others save for emergencies. We make our own medical decisions, claims are easy to submit, reimbursement is fast, and admin is easy.

Pros

PeopleKeep offered a way to provide meaningful and helpful health benefits to our team on our unique budget. The HRA structure is useful to everyone regardless of their individual situations and PeopleKeep could not make the process and administration of the benefit any easier. User interface is simple and complete.

Cons

Explaining the concept of HRAs to people especially potential new hires who think they are looking for traditional primary health care plan benefits.

Easy to use with the best benefits

The benefits for health/dental/vision insurance premiums, and prescription co-pays, and medical bill reimbursements helps my financial situation immensely. Also, it is fantastic that the unused benefit amounts rollover monthly, into a yearly total.

Pros

This software is very user friendly. It is easy to upload files and allocate in the desired category for reimbursement. The approval process is quick and efficient.

Cons

Sometimes choosing buttons it redirects you back to the last page, but seems like it should be routing elsewhere. It seems redundant to a degree of clicking a different button that explains a direction leading you to believe it a new page.

Thanks for taking the time to review PeopleKeep, Elizabeth! We're so happy you find it user friendly. That's one of our main goals! We're sorry you've had some issues with the product, but we'd love for you to contact our support team to give some more detail about the buttons redirecting you to the last page so that we can relay your experience to the product team. You can email them at support@peoplekeep.com. Have a great day!

PeopleKeep is easy and efficient to use.

Pros

I like the chat feature that is available....the chat feature makes it easy to get customer service quickly so any issues are addressed in a timely fashion.

Cons

One thing I dislike is for each month that is approved for reimbursement for each employee, it is not clear what month of coverage the approval is for. This means I have to utilize the chat feature for additional claim details.

I'm glad to hear that you've had a great experience with our customer service team, Krista! I appreciate you letting us know that more detail would be helpful when recording reimbursements. We'll follow up privately to see if our upcoming improvements will help.

Love PeopleKeep

Overall, I love PeopleKeep. They have made things so easy and customer service is extremely helpful and nice about every single question I had in the initial set-up process and first months following.

Pros

The ease in using this software is beyond my expectations when I initially signed our company up for the product. It is extremely user-friendly. I have already told several small business owners to look into PeopleKeep because it has been so easy.

Cons

Initially when I registered us, it was unclear when I was onboarding myself. I am a user and the administrator, so that was the only confusing component. However, customer service was amazing in rectifying the situation before the billing occurred.

Carole, your kind words just made our day! We are thrilled that you are loving PeopleKeep even more than you thought you would and are so appreciative of your referrals. Those mean so much and we're glad you feel like we are worthy of referring. We've had some feedback from other users about some ambiguity regarding an admin that is also a user in the setup process. We're happy you got it all figured out with our support team, but would love any additional insight or feedback about what we could do to make it better. You can contact us at support@peoplekeep.com.

Easy to Implement and Use

Our company is not able to afford health insurance for our employees... but with PeopleKeep, we can offer the benefit of health reimbursements! We are now able to keep a couple employees who were contemplating leaving our company for others with health insurance benefits and we are confident that this will help us "lure" new high-quality employees to our company when we are looking to hire.

Pros

It was super simple to set up and begin using PeopleKeep. As a user (employee) and an administrator, I've found nothing complicated about the implementation or initial usage of PeopleKeep.

Cons

I've nothing yet to complain about... it has been faultless thus far. I'm waiting to see how the first "year-end" goes... but I don't expect any issues.

People Keep Review

Using People Keep has worked very well for us overall. Their flexibility and active help has made all the difference.

Pros

How accessible and competent the staff at People Keep are. They move quickly to deal with any issues that you have on a particular bill etc.

Cons

Sometimes what People Keep requires in terms of documentation per receipt is a little frustrating because what you receive from a doctor, for example, isn't always as thorough as People Keep would like it to be.

Highly Recommended

Pros

1. Customer Service. Very timely and helpful. 2. Streamline expense submission and reimbursement. 3. Good tracking and reporting during each stage of the expense submission process.

Cons

1. UI can be a bit more intuitive 2. A bit complex when trying to find the right kind of expense category to use. Long list to scroll through.

Thanks for the feedback! You¿re right. There are many eligible expense types. If you haven¿t tried our search bar, it might save you some time on your next reimbursement request. But don¿t hesitate to chat with support any time you have a question. They¿re experts in what¿s eligible and are always happy to help.

The PeopleKeep team are quick to answer questions and the platform is very simple to use.

Health care expenses

Pros

Getting reimbursed for allowable expenses is 3 easy steps (select the type of reimbursement, upload your expenses and hit submit), your available balance is kept up to date and you are notified when your reimbursement is on its way. The customer support team will always get back to you in less than 24 hours (my experience has usually been no more than 2 hours).

Cons

I haven't encountered anything that the customer service team hasn't been able to resolve quickly for me.

Hi Jenny, thanks for the awesome review! At PeopleKeep, its our goal to help people get reimbursed for their medical expenses as quickly as possible. I'm so glad that the process as been simple for you! If you do run into anything in the future you'd like to see updated or improved, our support team would love to hear about it.

Easy to Use

It has made it so much easier for HR department to help our employees

Pros

How easy it is for employees to submit receipts and get response.

Cons

It was difficult at first to work through, maybe better videos to help would be good.

Thanks for your review, Linda! We're glad to hear PeopleKeep is making it easier on your HR department and is easy to use for your employees, but we'd like to hear more from you about how we can make the onboarding process better. Please reach out to us at your convenience at support@peoplekeep.com. Thanks for being a PeopleKeep customer!

The ease of use and the excellent customer support make this software a must have.

Pros

The recent changes to the user interface are fantastic. I am able to quickly upload my information as well as keep track on the status. A great way for small businesses to offer healthcare reimbursement to their employees.

Cons

I have yet to find a downside to the program, but even if I did come across one the technical support staff would quickly resolve the issue.

Thanks for such a positive review, Sixto! I'm excited to hear that the updates to the software have helped you to be able to upload your information quickly. We're always pleased to know that our users are happy with PeopleKeep. If you ever do come across something you'd like to see improved, we'd love your feedback!