Pingboard Reviews - Page 6

Great system

Pros

Being able to find out which office my coworkers are in, or whether they are in or out for the day. Being able to find everyones extension, phone number and calendar is also a plus.

Cons

There is virtually no cons to using pingboard.

Awesome!

Pros

Pingboard is awesome, great to be able to browse through coworkers faces and very helpful for remembering names.

Cons

When we first subscribed to Pingboard they were just going through some UI changes. But since then it has been seamless

Great resource for any fast growing organization!

As mentioned above, my only problem with Pingboard is the limited sorting capabilities. In an extremely global and distributed company, I benefit from using Pingboard daily when I'm collaborating with other team members across the globe.

Pros

I absolutely enjoy and take advantage of the many resource and options to display and organize your organizational details and information. It is specially helpful the Out of Office tab in, which you can easily search who are the employees away at any given time.

Cons

The limited methods of sorting within the Directory. For example, when selecting a 'Team', it would be helpful to also have the capability of sorting the results based on different fields. i.e. by location of each team member within a given Team, or by specific job title, etc.

Helps me remember coworkers' names and get to know people better

Pros

I really like that I can look up faces of my coworkers so I can get to know them better and learn names. I use this feature almost every day.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like, but I do usually only use it to look up faces.

Pingboard is super helpful

Pros

I use pingboard almost every day to help me find people within my company to help with various business-critical tasks.

Cons

Sometimes the actual chart can be a bit nebulous and it isn't easy to find an individual within the map.

Terrific system for PTO tracking and Company Org Charts

Great software for requesting PTO, tracking PTO requests and building out the Company org chart.

Pros

Pingboard does a great job with including enough features to make it helpful for specific use cases, but not making it an over-complicated system. It is very user-friendly and straight-forward.

Cons

It doesn't offer too many options for permission levels, which can be limiting depending on how you plan to use it.

Pingboard Review

Pros

I am able to easily view different employees throughout the entire company and through that able to communicate with them and their team more efficiently

Cons

No cons whatsoever. Everything works just like it's supposed to

Easy and Relevant

Seems like it does what it needs to do and does it well.

Pros

It's very easy to use. I can see my team, co-workers and the hierarchy in between. The ability to log time-off/sick days here and have it populate Google Calendar is very handy.

Cons

I've never had an issue using the tool, but it might be nice if there was some way to track changes to the organization overall or hierarchy over time (e.g. a list of folks that leave the team).

Could be the best!

Pros

1. easy to use 2. best to publish out of office/vacation/remote/sick/business trip states 3. great to find other person into the organization 4. have a great app

Cons

Pingboard doesn't have a good integration with linkedin

I Love This Interactive TO!

I've enjoyed this product greatly, and far superior to sticky notes and commandeering a wall-length white board. If you have a shop where teams reorganize often, or you have high turnover or lots of new faces, this tool works great. It's an exceptionally clear way for folks to identify who should be taking lead on specific initiative and where opportunities should be routed to. Perfect for getting interns, consultants, and new hires up to speed on how things are run and who are key personnel.

Pros

I love the clear, concise way to communicate your company's table of organization. It's helpful when drafting AAPs and is a great tool when consulting for other firms. Folks are often surprised when they are shown how their operations are organized and it's very helpful to have a visual display of the whole team.

Cons

My one criticism for this tool is that a person's display (usually the picture) is accompanied by a number meant to display the reports below them. But it only shows direct reports, and not ALL reports below them. So if a department director has 10 project managers below them, but a department of say 100, the director will display as having only 10 direct reports.

Helpful to find people you work with and learn about them

It's been good to learn a few fun facts about my coworkers.

Pros

I like being able to quickly see which of my coworkers are out of office. It integrates with Slack as well, which is nice. The mobile app has a game for you to match faces with names, so that has been a great way to learn people's names!

Cons

The org chart can be nice but it can also get a little hairy when there are multiple members in a certain department.

Easy to use system that allows me to easily track down coworkers that I am not familiar with.

Pros

It's ease of use, you can learn how to navigate it right away.

Cons

It can at times take a while for the program to open, although this is rare.

Org_Chart_Software

Pros

Love it! Easy to use. Doesn't require training and provides exactly the information you need.

Cons

Only downside is sometimes the org chart isn't updated immediately, however, this has nothing to do with the software.

Good for Distributed Companies

Overall the experience is positive. Org Chart Software is great for finding the right person to connect with on a given issue.

Pros

It's great to be able to keep track of all the teams at your company, especially when everyone is globally distributed. The organization chart is especially useful, and I use pingboard practically daily.

Cons

Some of the functionality is clunky and difficult to use.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Very easy to use in all formats ( pdf images etc)

Pros

The ease of use // and the ability to provide custom reporting

Cons

Can't really provide as everything on my end has been working! Perhaps more integration with HRIS platforms

Customer Manager

Pros

The app is great and very helpful when out of the office for contacts. Or quickly looking up somebody when not at desk.

Cons

Org chat can be confusing with employees under others and not shown in the larger team.

Great Product, Works fantastically.

Pros

It is very easy to find other people in our company and filter by groups. Also very simple when orignally starting to create your personal profile and add information about your self.

Cons

There are a few limitations that require you to be very specific in the search field, though. As in you cannot have "Agent-Mountain Standard" and search "Mountain-Standard" or you will not find what you are looking for.

Pingboard is like facebook but for companies

It has helped me to get to know my organization better.

Pros

is great to keep connected and on the same page your organization by telling you if a co-worker is on vacations or out of the office, it also let you know the importan events for your co-'workers, such as their work aniversaries and birthdays

Cons

at this time I don't have any complaints about the software in general

Easy org chart software

Pros

Easy to use, helps resolve awkward situations when you don't know someone in the company and cannot ask. Its also nice that there is a picture associated with the name and title.

Cons

Updating doesn't seem as straightforward when a title changes. Also would like some sort of plug-in with the email suite, so that the name and picture pops up in the address book along with title, when you email someone.

Pingboard is great

Pros

It's very easy for me to not only list when I'm away but also know when certain colleagues are so I can plan things around that. it's also great for getting to know your colleagues more as some you may never work with but that shouldn't be a barrier for getting to know them

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say at all, Pingboard really does an amazing job

I could see what team under who and twam managment

Pros

I usually use the application from my phone. Easy to update and see all the updates. And the game option is awesome

Cons

I have nothing I don't like in the application

Good

So far, it does not impact my day to day much. I do change back to old layout on organization charts. My boss likes it best to see employees and a reminder of who each employee is just by typing in their name.

Pros

I like the organization and the easy access of profiles to my employees.

Cons

You can't place one person under two supervisors. I also liked the old layout better. The new one is not as easy to add people to supervisor categories and edit.

Quick, easy solution

Pros

We purchased Pingboard so that we had a company directory (our company has been growing rapidly and employees felt they no longer knew each other); features I like include the emails with new hires and anniversaries - feedback has been really positive on this; the Org. Chart has been pretty good and even better since there have been updates - I like that they added where you could put dotted lines and departments in to better explain each branch. Price is also great!

Cons

I wish that the system had more functionality and other features, but it truly serves it's main purpose well. We don't have many additional software pieces in our world, so I think eventually a full-service HR system may replace what Pingboard resolves for us.

WFH!

Pros

Alerting the team that you will be WFH, OOO or on vacation is super easy. Everyone receives an email with any updates.

Cons

I'm not sure if this is an option, but admins should be required to make adding a profile picture and answering certain profile questions required. It would be cool if this could sync up with google calendar so my coworkers can see when I am on vacation while scheduling a meeting.

If you need a Dynamic Org Chart this is it

Pros

We use this in our office, and it creates a Easy to find and use Org chart for the company

Cons

It does cost quite a bit to use the software and if you upgrade to a larger company it gets more costly.