PLD Mentoring Platform Logo

PLD Mentoring Platform

Mentoring software for skill and knowledge enhancement

PLD Mentoring Platform Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend9.27/10

See full reviews by rating

Everyone have been so supportive and responsive to our needs. Great customer service and very efficient launch and continuous alterations as and when needed.
We had multiple data sources and there was risk of error in data reporting.
Lack of buy in, but that is not anything to do with PLD.
Sometimes difficult to navigate for new users who do not have experience of using a matching platform or don't know how it works.

PLD Mentoring Platform users...

Chronus-logo

Chronus

Mentorloop-logo

Mentorloop

Guider-logo

Guider

Mentornity-logo

Mentornity

How would you rate PLD Mentoring Platform?

Great features and support

The platform has allowed s to rapidly deploy a fantastic mentoring programme. PLD have supported us at every step and also in terms of further tweaking the system as we gain more experience of how the mentoring process can be managed.

Pros

UK based company. Ease of contact. Ability to flex and customise to our needs. Competitive pricing. UK based support. Experience with other similar organisations. Content, documentation and resources provided helped speed up deployment and took a lot of burden off us to produce. The people at PLD truly know the market and understand the mentoring process and industry. This experience is invaluable when you are new to this area.

Cons

Didn't seem as 'slick' as some of the others we looked at, but this is more than outweighed that its functionality and ease of use.

Happy Customers

Our overall experience has been easy. Initial introduction and training meetings were quickly set up. Following by the creation of our bespoke platform. The PLD team have been accommodating and efficient.

Pros

Very straight forward software, no fuss or frills needed. Provides a very simple but effective mentoring process.

Cons

I haven't come across any features that need improving. We are due to email our members a similar survey, so we may have some more feedback following this.

CII Review

Pros

Usability - the platform is not complicated to use

Cons

Would be great if there was an app version, maybe one that could also be used for chat/texting purposes and scheduling so we can log usage. At the moment it's mostly offline and there's no real way to check how much or how often members use the platform

The platform does have both meeting scheduling and tracking and an admin function that tracks user visits over time. I will be in touch to provide more support on these areas. We have looked at an app version but the platform has been designed for use over a wide range of devices without the need for a separate app. We do monitor engagement at the key stages of the relationship to provide useful metrics to administrators. Although we provide messaging, our extensive experience suggests that the majority of users prefer to use messaging / chat systems that they are already familiar with such as email, sms, video-conferencing, WhatsApp etc. We will be in touch to book in a chat to see if there are some key metrics missing we can collect for you.

Platform user very satisfied and excellent customer service from PLD

The platform data enables us to understand the competency demands from members and in turn contributes to deliverables in other areas of the business.

Pros

User feedback is consistently positive based on navigation, resources, connections and matches. It is non-fussy and easy to understand, at the same time providing useful functions to ensure the user can develop and maintain a mentor/mentee relationship.

Cons

There are limitations to the data you can download about usage trends. The name search function is limited (unable to search full name)

PLD Software

We wanted to implement PLD software to help us grow our mentoring programme. It became obvious that we could not sustain a version which was dependent on spreadsheets, google docs etc. We had multiple data sources and there was risk of error in data reporting. Using the PLD Mentoring platform has allowed us to streamline our programme and we plan as we grow to use the reporting tools to allow us report on impact and our growth to our funders and other stakeholders. By adopting the platform we have removed the day to day manual data administration that was very time consuming. It has allowed us to free up resources and concentrate on other areas.

Pros

We found the software very practical. I was obvious that PLD had expertise in this area. The guides and very useful. We operate in Ireland and it was very useful that we could localise some of the language and terminology that would make sense to our users. We work with young people in education or wishing to get into education and match them with a mentor. The software was very intuitive and easy to use. We have had no feedback/queries from our mentees and mentors that use the platform to facilitate their mentoring.

Cons

The integration process was really made easy with the support of the PLD team and Helen. We are not IT experts so to get their advise and feedback was invaluable. There were no features difficult to use or implement.

Excellent, well featured and easy to use platform, great value...

I have been really pleased that I made the purchase. The company has been responsive in helping me to get the platform up and running and any queries or concerns were addressed quickly. I looked at a number of other platforms before making the decision to go ahead and felt that I was going to pay a lot of money for features that I just didn't need. It is well used and I find that people in the company engage with it independently due to its simplicity which means less support time or training from me. I could not run my mentoring programme without it and it is essential to me to keep it alive and going across all our offices in the UK.

Pros

The platform offers a good range of features that doesn't overload the user and makes training and deployment easy and intuitive. The platform was sold and deployed as a site licence rather than on a per-user cost basis which gave me the flexibility to purchase the platform and not have to worry about additional licence costs - which is really helpful when managing my budget especially as I was unsure...

Cons

I would like to see a more featured admin backend that would allow me to amend certain aspects of the site myself such as the drop-down fields for the profiles or more customisable surveys. If I want to make any changes I can always put a call in, and they have always been implemented really quickly. It would just be nice to have some more independent control without having to contact the company. The is no specific phone app if that is important to you, but not sure it is needed personally...the site adapts and works well for me via a phone browser.

Fantastic Platform and Fabulous Customer Service Every time

We can't thank PLD for the provision of this platform which has reduced my admin time by almost half allowing me to focus on developing my mentoring scheme and increasing engagement with my service users. The platform has also allowed us to increase our mentee and mentor numbers to a level which would have been unmanageable for me but which means our members have more mentors to choose from. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are a pleasure to work with and their customer service is second to none!

Pros

We had a seamless transition from a paper based matching system have increased our engagement with our members due to the ease of use of the platform. I love the dashboard where you can see at a glance what your numbers are like and how engagement is going and the reports and analysis function is super helpful

Cons

I can't say there is anything I like least. We have identified a few slight technical hitches along the way but these have always been resolved extremely quickly and to our satisfaction and similarly if there have been any additional requirements from us, these have always been actioned swiftly by PLD

Mentoring Platform review

Pros

The PLD Mentoring Platform has been an excellent addition to our member benefits. Offering our members the chance to learn from the peers and make connections with other members globally. We regularly see members using the platform to get advice on how to progress with their careers, gain support on new projects they haven't handled before or for help in moving up our grade structure. Members who choose to sign-up as mentors also appreciate the chance to hone their mentoring and coaching skills while building relationships and getting a sense of achievement in helping the next generation of quality professionals.

Cons

One feature that was missing was an in system video conferencing option. However, PLD have recently rolled this out and we look forward to releasing it to our membership.

Mentoring Platform Review

Very good, it matches our budget and does most of what we want it to do, of course we'd like bells and whistle on top but we are limited by our budget. PLD customers service is brilliant the team are so helpful, couldn't recommend them enough.

Pros

It is user friendly and relatively easy to navigate

Cons

Being an off the shelve package you are limited with your customisations, but suggest get submitted to developers and considered if viable to implement

Review PLD - Ayrshire Chamber of Commerce

The mentoring platform has been a real time saver for the business as before we were manually matching. The matches have been very accurate and the overall look is very professional. To have resources built on the platform has been a great way to sign post our members for more information, before they go any further. From the mentor side the sign up is a very quick and easy process.

Pros

The platform is very user friendly for the mentor, mentee and administrator. The reporting side is excellent including the dashboard.

Cons

Ideally we had hoped there would be a forum or an area where other mentors could collaborate with one another

Thank you!

Pros

The platform is very user-friendly for both end users and administrators and has many features and useful reporting dashboards. This allows the organisation to report on the uptake, usage and satisfaction with programmes via evaluation surveys. It is also very interactive and has educational text and video resources which users find very helpful. There is also a flow chart for the process of mentoring...

Cons

Cannot fault anything at the moment, I'm afraid.

Quick and easy set up, great quality product, great service

The whole process from tender to launch took a lot less time than expected, with more time that could have been shaved off from our own side. The platform and its capabilities were laid out in an easy to follow induction process. The support team and account manager have been responsive and amenable, as well as providing guidance and tips for our own promotions and launch.

Pros

- It is incredibly easy to use - There is generic content you can use which saves a lot of time writing content. - The team at PLD were extremely helpful throughout, from tender to launch - The platform is intuitive, and works well, with a good amount of uptake at launch - Pricing is inexpensive for the tool and service - Overall it is clean, easy, a strong platform and with a good team behind it.

Cons

- Lack of administration tools meaning you have to contact PLD for certain changes - Restricted page layouts I suspect the team is working on having more flexibility to the platform.

FMLM Mentoring Platform - PLD

From use by both members and staff through to support from PLD, the mentoring platform has been a been a success for FMLM. We are currently promoting and increasing the usage of the platform not just for our members but organisations we have close relationships with.

Pros

FMLM members find the PLD platform very easy to access and use. From signing up to developing a relationship, both mentees and mentors report the process is clear and helpful and a welcome assistance in their career journey. The platform is a great benefit/resource in becoming a member of FMLM. From an administration viewpoint it provides an excellent reporting element for our management team, and very simple to control and monitor.

Cons

No 'Cons' to report. As our membership grows we are reassured the platform has the capability to hold many additional mentees/mentors.

Such a great Platform

Mentoring was something we were working on rolling out here at IoMCoC way before the Pandemic. When Covid-19 hit the island and we went into lock down the process was accelerated rapidly in a bid to try and help as many local business as we could - Chamber member or not! The platform has worked fantastically for us and is very simple to use and easy to navigate. The back office admin is really...

Pros

Easy to use Insightful back office Great customer support

Cons

I would like more customisation options but still very goo

Outstanding service

For me the best thing has been the relationship with PLD. Their client service is excellent and their willingness to help solve problems in an innovative way has been the basis for an excellent working relationship. Market leading tech firms are ok if you’re a huge organisation but in my experience, unless you‘re one of the big multinational institutions, you get a lower tier level of service. That has NOT been the case with PLD and whilst it was tempting to go with a better known or longer established provider, we absolutely made the right choice going with PLD.

Pros

The platform was very easy to implement, is simple, intuitive and gained excellent traction in the business as soon as it was launch.

Cons

The platform has limited functionality but I think that is a good thing. We didn’t want mentoring to be about learning how to use a new system. We just wanted something that facilitated connections and gave us useful MI and admin functions to manage the programme. It does all these things very well.

Mentoring platform for widening participation programme

The platform has helped us mentor young people from local schools who are considering a career within the health sector. It links young people to professionals from different backgrounds and help them make more informed choices about their future career. The feedback from both students and mentors have been great so far.

Pros

I really like the fact that we were able to develop a bespoke platform that meets the project needs. Very easy development and implementation stage with lots of support from the development team from start to finish. Great customer service; always willing to cater for individual needs, professional and speedy response rate. The platform is very user friendly and the reporting functionality is also helpful.

Cons

Nothing I can think off. Great product.

Customer service and

Customer service is excellent - I always get the most friendly, helpful and quick response to any questions. Any minor glitches following the initial set up were fixed promptly.

Pros

The platform is very easy to use and integrated with our CRM enabling single sign on. The dashboard and the reporting options to monitor registrations from the admin point of view are great to have.

Cons

Email notifications from the platform to the users sometimes get filtered out by spam filters.

Good platform, would recommend

Pros

The platform is easy to use and any issues or support I have are answered very quickly from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

It would be handy if we could link the platform to our own membership system and this would avoid confusion from members who need to separate login details

Thanks for the review. The platform can be linked to your membership system platform, I will be in touch to give you more details.

Easy to use, Practical, and well received software

We've received extremely positive feedback so far, and PLD have been a great partner.

Pros

The PLD mentoring platform has revolutionised the way our members can interact with each other and form meaningful mentoring relationships. The way users can match with each other based on their skills takes any guesswork out of the process, and results in better, more fruitful relationships.

Cons

Integration was smooth, and I've been able to work with PLD to iron out any missing requirements or improvements.

Easy to deploy and easy to manage

Positive experience with PLD, positively and highly used benefit for our members.

Pros

Easy to use system - very intuitive and easy to manage as an administrator.

Cons

Most conversations are taken away from the platform to emails, Skype etc. one a mentoring relationship begins.

CIAT

Straightforward, cost effective and efficient return on investment.

Pros

It is a flexible platform, which was set up and straight forward to roll out. For those that use it, the feedback has been only positive.

Cons

Lack of buy in, but that is not anything to do with PLD

PLD

very easy and user friendly easy to navigate as administration

Pros

ease of use navigation Supporting information and video

Cons

currently there are no cons with the software

GP Professional Support Network

Good.

Pros

This is a new addition to the services we provide and gives our services users access to the support they need.

Excellent platform

Excellent platform and provides our association with an additional service to our members. The client service and additional marketing information regularly provided are also exceptional.

Pros

The platform is easy to use and provides a good number of functionalities. It is a great medium to connect mentees with mentors.

Cons

It would be great if you could add notification when new mentors join and also allow peer to peer mentoring on the same platform.

Pros

Ease of use, great promotional materials

Cons

I keep forgetting to promote the platform!