Proliant Logo

Discover the perfect balance of technology and service.

Proliant Reviews

Suggested alternatives

rippling
dayforce-hcm
bamboohr

Proliant was the best decision for our organization in 2014 because they were by far the industry leader in understanding the Affordable Care Act.
The whole team has been a pleasure to work with. They made implementing the software super easy and even when I have minor changes to settings they are more than willing to accomodate.
The software is user friendly for the most part and has a lot of great features such as Time and Labor, PTO tracking, Performance Management, Benefits Administration etc.
The functionality between Proliant and their Time and Labor system is terrible.
The worst thing about Proliant is its software.

Parker H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Great Product to Streamline Payroll

No matter what size of the company, with tools such as Proliant, any company can offer benefits to employees that compare to the larger companies.

Pros

This product gives small companies like ourselves the capability to offer benefits to our employees that compare to the larger companies.

Cons

There is no integration with our timeclock

DL

Donna L.

Building Materials, 51-200 employees

Could be better

It's OK but could be a lot better. A lot of work is needed with the timekeeping interface and reports.

Pros

Most of the payroll features work well when an update doesn't break something

Cons

The timekeeping interface is a nightmare. It works well enough on it's own but the interface is not good. The customer support for the timekeeping feature is mostly non-existent. The reports and report writer are not that great. The reports consistently leave employees out and you can't rely on the answers 100%. The report writer doesn't have cumulative total fields to create concise reports. Much of the maintenance is not available to the administrator and you have to rely of support to update your tables for payroll and timekeeping; especially timekeeping. Updates to software aren't adequately tested before turnover

JL

Jeremiah L.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Look Elsewhere

Proliant was a terrible decision. Nothing with them went to plan and we were never technically fully moved out of implementation even though we spent two plus years with them. The customer service provided was always terrible, so much so that we had several phone calls with upper management because of the poor treatment that we received. This being said, the sales team clearly over sold what they were able to deliver. The system is a few different systems parsed together so there is not a clear and uniform flow from one area to the other. Overall, Proliant was one of the worst mistakes that we ever made. Be weary if they try to sell you their software.

Pros

The best thing about Proliant is its cost. The software is not very expensive compared to other full suite payroll options. Additionally the main UI is somewhat pleasing and simple to use.

Cons

The worst thing about Proliant is its software. I am not sure if there is someone behind the curtain constantly changing permissions and data, but those things were certainly to us. Furthermore, their customer service is abysmal. Never have we dealt with such a company that was so inept at its own system. Even though our representatives were the "experts" they constantly had to communicate with other departments and their superiors in order to resolve even the most simple of issues.

JD

Jennifer D.

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

So Happy We Made the Switch to Proliant!

I was dreading the switch because we had just gone through implementation with another provider. I have no regrets. Proliant is on top of it. Our first payroll was easy! The tax team is responsive and any issues are quickly and easily resolved. I am excited to integrate our expense reimbursement into Proliant instead of cutting checks.

Pros

The implementation team was very knowledgeable and made the transition from our previous provider seamless and painless. The Ready Pay Online platform is very intuitive and easy to navigate. Unlimited training is helpful in learning all the different aspects of the software. The customer service has been amazing; I quickly get accurate answers to all of my questions.

Cons

I still struggle with Reporting and finding or customizing reports to the content and format I need.

SB

Sarah B.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

Great customer service

Pros

Any time we have had an issue, you have responded immediately and either resolved it or found someone to help resolve the issue.

Cons

We asked that the mobile punch in and out was not available, but in order for someone to work from home we have no choice but to enable it.Ben Admin was a very rocky start with our implementation lead leaving with no notice. The new implementation lead and our ongoing Ben Admin lead have been great, but the delay in getting up and running caused us a lot of issues.

JC

Jenna C.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Proliant Review

Proliant has been a great tool to use since I have worked in the HR department. It is easy to use and helpful with new hires. The support contacts are easy to get a hold of and respond in a timely manner.

Pros

Applicant Tracking, Reviews, and Time and Attendance are all easy to use and have helped our company with putting a stop to using paper. It has been easy to navigate things and see how it works.

Cons

Reports in my opinion could use some improvement; some types of reports are not able to be run in Proliant and it causes a little frustration. The reports writer and library work well but could use some improvement in my opinion.

DB

Douglas B.

Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 employees

Customer Service #1

Very good!

Pros

They are so easy to work with and respond immediately!

Cons

Some of the software doesn't do what I'd like it to do.

VO

Veronica O.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Best Decision we made to Switch

My overall experience has been positive and I am able to quickly help my teammates navigate the software. Being able to access resources and training links along with the support team Proliant has in place to assist with additional training or questions you may have, has made my learning of the software very easy.

Pros

Seems very easy to learn and when you have questions, there is a section you can review how to use certain features. There are resources and training links to help you navigate the software and the support team is amazing in helping you understand how to use the software properly.

Cons

The only con I can see is occasionally the time and labor feature times out while you are working. It's quick to get back in to the feature, just haven't asked the team about how to keep it from logging out.

PL

Phil L.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Proliant for rapidly-growing firm, great access to data

Pros

Implementation was very easy Payroll tool is straightforward Report Writer is fantastic

Cons

PTO management - no forecasting, review of time tracked versus requested Variable payees on payroll can be tough to manage occasionally (we have a 1099 payroll that runs once monthly, and the payees vary - often they won't show on the payroll and we have to add them every time)

JC

Julia C.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

IDA's Review

I absolutely love Proliant and our customer service rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT].

Pros

I like the ease and accuracy of the actual processing of the payroll.

Cons

The difficulty in new employees setting up access to the time clock.

HS

Helen S.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Setting up way painful and difficult, not easy to use, not at all intuitive.

no benefits.

Pros

I switched from another payroll processing company and proliant is certainly no better and many ways much worse.

Cons

difficult to use, not remotely intuitive, many different departments to deal with and often no response

JH

Julie H.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Proliant software is at the Top

It take a lot less time to run payroll and if I have any problems my customer service rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], always has the answers.

Pros

It takes away a lot of the manual entering I used to do which leaves less room for error.

Cons

You have to scroll down and get to the bottom of the screen to save something.

LL

Lacie L.

Environmental Services, 201-500 employees

Growing Company Looking to Reduce Emails and Automate Approvals

Pros

Flexibility and price point were exactly what we were looking for in a payroll provider.

Cons

Integration with Intacct has been an issue when pushing and updating our employees data.

MC

Michael C.

Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

Proliant

Overall experience is good, but reporting and built in accountability in the system is lacking.

Pros

Easy to search employee information. Nice features like "adjusted seniority date"

Cons

Natural check functions are missing. For example, being able to easily see how much PTO was approved for a person vs how much was actually paid out.

PM

Patti M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Fantastic service and implementation support

Fantastic. Everyone who has worked with our staff was hospitable, welcoming, and professional. Response to the very few issues we encountered was swift and accurate.

Pros

Proliant is intuitive to use and training is included to get started. Onboarding team was fantastic to switch our payroll from another vendor's two products in a very short window. Reporting is very flexible in filtering and output options.

Cons

I've been completely satisfied with Proliant software.

JW

Josh W.

Public Relations and Communications, 11-50 employees

Fantastic Customer Service Has Earned My Loyalty

The system is easy and the assigned Rep is fantastic. I love knowing I have an assigned individual who is extremely responsive that sends easy, visual directions so that I quickly can accomplish whatever task I couldn't figure out on my own. Over the years, Proliant has grown with my company where it was only 1 other employee to more than a dozen today.

Pros

The software itself are generally easy and intuitive, but what I like best is the personalized customer service. My assigned Rep (Robby) is 100% fantastic. Every time I email him with a question about the platform he replies within minutes (I think the longest way was an hour or two). He sends me step-by-step screenshot directions on how to accomplish whatever I was hoping to do. He also will reach out with deadline reminders to make sure payroll and other related items stay on schedule. As to the platform, it's easy to do payroll and only takes about 10 minutes even after adding personalized PTO and commissions. Proliant's personalized customer service sets them far apart from other payroll services and has earned them a loyal customer.

Cons

I'm not an HR guy, but as the owner of a small company with a dozen employees, the task falls to me. I'm not up on a lot of the lingo so it requires me to ask more questions as it's not super-easy to figure out items on my own. Luckily, it's easy to just ask my Rep who's extremely responsive, negativing what otherwise would be a negative towards Proliant.

NS

Nancy S.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

DKC Review of Proliant

I would say that our experience has been a positive one. I have had some really great support people but they always seem to leave and we're left with some that aren't very helpful. I would like to see the training and support materials improved. They give you an overall understanding of what the tool does but, when you have an issue, it's really difficult to try and find the answer on your own.

Pros

Our implementation was very easy. Each of our implementation specialists were very engaged and knowledgeable and helpful during our implementation. The layout is is user friendly and the modules offered are all important aspects of the HR function. I also like the amount of tools provided.

Cons

While implementation was easy, the training to use the software was lacking. Watching someone go through a video of the modules wasn't as useful as being able to get into a testing site and actually use the software. I wish the guides were a little more user friendly. Sometimes it's hard to tell which guide the information I'm looking for is in. The help feature is nice but, when I tried to use it, it didn't provide me with the information I was looking for.

OL

Olivia L.

Food Production, 201-500 employees

Prolinat

Honestly pretty shitt. I have had to go to my account managers boss multiple times and she has helped me but I feel like if we have an account manager who does not help what is the point of one.

Pros

Applicant tracking. This is the easiest thing in the whole program

Cons

Nothing crosses over correctly. I am constantly auditing the system and fixing things. Also our account manager has switched 5 times.

KR

Kathaleen R.

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Payroll made easy

Overall I am pleased with Proliant. Sometimes it takes a while to get assistance when you have an issue. I think that it may be a staffing issue. It's a sign of the times to be short staffed these days. Our customer service rep is great, I just think she gets overwhelmed with calls and emails sometimes. I would recommend Proliant to anyone who needs a payroll system. I used to work for another payroll company and I would choose Prolaint over them any day of the week.

Pros

Using the software is easy. I like how you can edit the wizard fields to help create just what you need to enter a new employee. Easy to find the information that you need quickly by using the different tabs. Excellent training options right from the software, you get the training any time you wish to view it. Several useful reports are already created for use.

Cons

When the software is being updated you can lose some of the functions. They need to do more testing to make sure everything works before they launch it. Sometimes they go back and forth before they correct the issues or the server is down. It can be challenging at times. When it works, it works great. Unfortunately, Payroll is time sensitive and when you need to use it, you need it to work properly.

GZ

Gina Z.

Restaurants, 201-500 employees

Best Decision to Outsource Payroll to Proliant

We've been with Proliant for almost 10 years. Having Proliant take care of our bi-weekly payroll is great, but them filing our quarterly payroll taxes and yearly W2 forms is absolutely wonderful! It has eliminated my dealing with these tedious tasks and freed up my valuable time to work on various other office responsibilities.

Pros

Easily integrated with our company's timekeeping system. I simply upload the time punches each pay period then make any necessary adjustments (vacation time, sick days, etc.), submit and Proliant takes it from there!

Cons

I want to explore some of the other features of the Payroll processing system, especially PTO tracking. I do this myself outside of Proliant now but feel it may be easier to track within Proliant's system.

AH

Audra H.

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

Value

Overall the software has met the needs of the company.

Pros

The software is easy to use for those inputting time.

Cons

Report writing is not as efficient as other payroll system. It often takes several calls or emails to get items taken care of for reporting needs.

TS

Tonya S.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Some frustrations with good stuff

Setup was awesome! Very knowledgeable staff helping through setup, but your account managers seem to not be nearly as helpful. Reports are very limited or hard to find specific things you're looking for.

Pros

The online factor is a definite plus and we like the mobile app.

Cons

There really wasn't a great training. Lots of access to online training materials, but sometimes it's difficult to find the training document that specifically answers your question, so you spend entirely too much time searching for an answer. Not a fan at all of the reports!

BK

Betsy K.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Great Customer Service

Customer service has always been amazing. Staff is VERY helpful.

Pros

Software is very easy to use. I was pretty new to payroll when we moved to this software. The functionality of the software makes sense and moves you forward step by step.

Cons

Covid entries were a bit tedious, but it had a short term use.

JL

Janis L.

Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 employees

Proliant is user friendly with great customer service

The set up was very effective and efficient. Setting up our company--although stressful at times--went off smoothly. We do a bi-weekly payroll and it is processed 99% of the time with no issues. However when I do have an issue the customer service team is very efficient in solving any issues we have. I would recommend Proliant to other McDonald's organizations.

Pros

The software is user friendly and the customer service department is incredibly helpful and very efficient.

Cons

At times there is a lag in the processing of data. Some days you can move through the software no issues, other days there is a lag in the processing of the data you are entering.

PH

Penni H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Very Happy

I am very happy with Proliant, I feel as though any issues I have are resolved in a timely manner. I am still a little weary of the T&L software, though.

Pros

I like the incredibly support I receive from [sensitive content hidden] . She is the main reason we have stayed loyal to Proliant over the years.

Cons

It would be great if, when entering a new employee, it saved as you went along. Also, if we could have customized data entry fields so we do not have to go back into the record to fill in the info that was unseen during the initial employee set-up. I don't like the way the T&L software sometimes does not sync cleanly with the Readypay software.