PsychologyCompass Logo

PsychologyCompass

Your employee's personal cognition coach

PsychologyCompass Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.15/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

Thanks to Psychology Compass I have been able to adopt lifestyle changes that have cognitive benefits such as seeking novelty, thinking creatively, and communicating effectively with my team.
Another thing that I loved was the initial assessment that allowed me to focus on improving the areas I was mostly interested in. Definitely a must have for today's knowledge worker.
This may just be a "me" problem, but I almost wish I could have started with one I'm not quite so bad at to build a habit before I moved to one a bit tougher to stick to.

Laurence S.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Psychology Compass Yes It Tells Me Where I am now

Very exciting, Easy, relevant and great technical mentoring

Pros

Ease of use. Technology support and updated frequently

Cons

Like it to be more expansive in its operations

JJ

Jillian J.

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

Brilliant idea - just a few tweaks

Pros

Great app! I really liked how it showed really obviously the sources and studies used to inform the intervention. It gave me a lot more confidence in the product and the recommendations. It seemed well thought-out and well researched - it was quite nifty that it could tell without asking me that I have a hard time sleeping! The initial assessment to discover the areas I need to work on seemed pretty accurate too. I really loved how it clearly explains not only how you execute the recommendation but the WHY behind it. I also like the "small bites" delivery - I tend to wanna read ahead with things like this and then get burned out or forget everything so being forced to break it up is a good feature.

Cons

I kind of fell off the wagon right off the start as the first two "to-dos" weren't ones I could quickly and easily implement (had to go buy gum so was behind in my to-dos - it's also bad for my TMJ) so it was hard to buy into it initially. That made it harder to get back on the wagon even though I could implement its subsequent recommendations. It would have been handy to see a heads up in advance...

MP

Mitul P.

Internet, self-employed

Trial Review

Pros

I love the breakdown of the science and published paper supporting the tips each week/

Cons

I don't like how there's no real incentive to open the app after you've read about the weeks' tip. Additionally I wish I was able to unlock other modules earlier.

Thanks Mitul. I will address your comments in reverse order: 1. You're definitely able to unlock/activate modules once/month. The idea behind the app is to help you incorporate new micro-habits into your days (vs. just learning the habits and not getting the chance to implement them). 2. As for the incentive there are multiple-fold: a) You're offered a daily TODO, which is a unique, context...

ST

Shayan T.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Compass to personal and professional Growth

Pros

My team and I have been using Psychology Compass for about a year. The weekly emails and modules on the app have tremendously improved our team's cognitive performance in stressful conditions. I have witnessed a reduction of stress and a much better concentration on daily tasks. I personally noticed a difference in my own brain functioning and the capacity to learn new information and retaining it.

Cons

Integration with other apps like google calendar or other apps to track employee's progress

SM

Sultan M.

Venture Capital & Private Equity, 1-10 employees

To solve a problem you need to understand how the brain works

Overall I'm super happy with it and that it exists. I do really believe it is different than some other solutions out there that would be characterized as competing products.

Pros

I really enjoyed learning how the human brain works. Knowing the underlying mechanics helps me understand what is happening and how I can resolve anything towards the goals I have. PsychologyCompass does an excellent job of simplifying the information and then providing me with actionable tasks to get to my goals. I really enjoy getting the emails in my inbox and knowing I have the portal to go to and the app.

Cons

The hardest part is integrating it into a busy life but that's all a matter of planning and practice, something PsychologyCompass helps with too. The app I had some issues with early on but that's normal for a new app.

AG

Alessandro G.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Amazing app for today's professionals!

Pros

This app is stellar! PsychologyCompass does an amazing job at pulling together a ton of separate tidbits of super useful information on how to improve your cognitive skills. Knowledge is broken down into tiny nuggets which makes it super easy to learn and practice. The app offers useful notifications and reminders which I found super valuable to make the knowledge actionable. Definitely integrates some of the best practices around learning and habits formation I've seen around. Another thing that I loved was the initial assessment that allowed me to focus on improving the areas I was mostly interested in. Definitely a must have for today's knowledge worker!

Cons

Really hard to find cons. The app is in active development and things change weekly pretty significantly. Team is also super responsive: integrated all the feedback I gave them!

Government Administration, self-employed

Good self management tool

From download to date it has been a pleasant experience. I am in the trial period and can definitely see myself subscribing in the future.

Pros

Providing an app that does an initial assessment then allows you to work on identified gaps is like having a personal life coach working with you at your own pace. Identifying doable weekly tasks and daily small steps that are easily achievable is an excellent way to get persons committed to sticking with the change process.

Cons

It is still early days, but so far no major dislikes. I have been annoyed that the app doesn’t work in landscape mode, since I interact with it on a tablet and not on a phone. But that’s a relatively minor inconvenience.

Dz

Donya z.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

What a resource!!

This is a remarkable app especially if you commit to the modules. The more you use it, the more it will do for your whole life. Extremely helpful for stress and anxiety. I have done several modules and each one does something for me. I always feel either more relaxed or reassured about how to improve myself on daily basis. It brought a lot of the darkness into light that prompted me to work on a transformative process for myself regarding them.

Pros

I use this incredible app every week, usually multiple times a week. It’s easy to navigate and is excellent for the newest practical techniques. Modules are short, effective, and really easy to keep up with.

Cons

Missing Audio feature. I would be able to use it more frequently listening to audio while driving or workingout. It's a phenomenal software regardless.

OY

Olivier Y.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Great Product

Pros

The software is self-service and self-paced. It is personalized to my needs.

Cons

There could be more content. Some team based report for folks on my team would be great.

Internet, 10,001+ employees

Highly Recommend PsychologyCompass

When I first started using PsychologyCompass I was skeptical. It was hard to believe that an app can do the job of a licensed therapist but I was wrong. It actually can make world of difference to your mental health at a fragment of a cost of a therapist and there are no appointments! If achieving peak mental performance is your goal then just go for it.

Pros

The best thing about PsychologyCompass is the content that they have. When they say the are backed by decades of research it reflects in the way each module is designed. It's very easy to follow and you can observe behavioral changes within a couple of weeks. The modules and habit tasks are fun and don't feel like burden. You actually enjoy them.

Cons

Nothing that I have experienced so far can be considered a con!

PF

Pouyan F.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

PsychologyCompass Review

My overall experience has been fantastic. The app is fantastic and very simple to use. I love the daily tips I receive via their app. I find them to be very well catered to my interests and needs.

Pros

Using the PsychologyCompass app has really helped me improve my leadership skills. I find I am a much more effective leader and can lead my team much more efficiently. I also really enjoy the video tutorials, I find them to be very cohesive, well researched and helpful.

Cons

I wish more modules had video components.

NA

Nazanin A.

Design, 10,001+ employees

I have noticed major improvements over the past few months

Pros

after using thee app over several months, I love the ease of use, the sleek design, and bite size lessons. I really enjoy the short videos that comes with each lesson, the underline signs and how easy it is to incorporate into your daily life. The daily nudges have really helped me to sty on track.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons because the product has been improving regularly and I am constantly surprised with new and exciting features

Drayton D.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Helpful & Innovative

To help employees feel more valued, and help them manage their own emotions, psychology, and effectiveness while still maintain privacy.

Pros

Ease of use, bite-sized advice, and the fact that a lot of research is provided.

Cons

A habit tracker would be helpful. Sometimes I feel like I want to learn more but I can't because of the weekly lesson/module limits.