QuickBooks Payroll Logo

KD

Karrie D.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Great Product

Pros

Quickbooks Payroll is super easy to use. I love the vacation and sick tracking.

Cons

I wish there were more HR things that would be beneficial for the company

PD

Paul D.

Retail, 1-10 employees

QuickBooks & QuickBooks Payroll Full

Do not purchase unless you have the money to invest in only QuickBooks materials and pay big annual renewal fee's.

Pros

It was not to hard to set up and enter data. I would not recommend this product based on support and fee's charged.

Cons

I could not print checks or W-2's without purchasing them from Quicken direct. I purchased checks and W-2's from an "Office" store and they could not print on them direct from QuickBooks. The QuickBooks checks and W-2's were way more expensive and not worth the added expense. I found software and did the forms by hand a lot cheaper. I also bought a hard copy of the software so I would not have to pay...

KW

Kevin W.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Something happened! Don't use this service!

Ridiculous! Don't ever use this service.

Pros

Pretty well integrated with QuickBooks, but reporting is horrible.

Cons

I hire Intuit/QuickBooks payroll to manage my state unemployment and withholding taxes. Literally every month I am on the phone with them getting the run around on why they didn't pay my taxes and now that they are late, they can't do it. Consequently I now have to go traverse multiple state websites, invariably having to get on the phone to understand what they see as the issues for non-payment, and then pay penalties. QuickBooks Payroll used to work, in the last 6 months something has happened and they fail every month.

ML

Melissa L.

Building Materials, 51-200 employees

Quickbooks Payroll

If I had a choice I would use another payroll software and do journal entries for payroll items. I think it has gotten better over the years, however I think there is much available room for growth and improvement.

Pros

If you are looking for basic integration or use in job costing with TSheets than QB full-service payroll is for you.

Cons

The inability to write checks the same day without being charged $100 without a two day lead time. I have learned a work around but I should be able to write a check to an employee without having to post-date it by two days. Though customer support is always willing to help, expect to spend 2-3 hours on the phone with them each time you call, and I am QB certified.

LG

Luke G.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

An Industry-Leader & Solid Product

Overall, the experience has been positive but I am unsure about the current trends and future

Pros

Name recognition; ease of access & availability to our firm and also the clients; and familiarity of the product.

Cons

The overall cost to use the product, largely due to always-increasing subscription prices, is the primary downside to using QuickBooks Payroll, or any Intuit/QuickBooks product.

EA

Everardo A.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Payroll Product

Excellent Experience

Pros

Easily to use and works great with my clients needs

Cons

I been real happy with the software. Works great for all my clients needs.

SR

Shawn R.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Quickbooks makes life easier

We can do all our invoicing and payroll in the same place. I don't have to have a million different programs going at once which makes things much quicker and more smooth.

Pros

I like that quickbooks offers an app so we can access our account even when we are working on the road. It is a very user friendly program

Cons

I have found that the help feature is not always helpful, but once I get connect to a person they always answer all of my questions.

MH

Mary H.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Quickbooks Payroll

The ease-of-use, as far as processing payroll AND commissions due, was really great - it's user friendly,m easy to navigate, transparent.

Pros

I liked the interface when running payroll - the way the program is setup when you are running payroll (and commissions), it allows you to pick and choose what is being paid. For example, if you pay Health Insurance stipend only once/month, you have the option to just "check the box" to add that to your paychecks that week.

Cons

The way it was integrated into our main Quickbooks software, I was unable to use this on my MAC - I am only a MAC user and had to get a PC to use our main QB software, which included the payroll features as well. Not many other complaints though!

CD

Christopher D.

Construction, 51-200 employees

QuickBooks is a lifesaver

I've had zero issues since having them for my payroll

Pros

The app is pretty straight forward and simple. All you have to do is take a picture of your work papers and it logs it for you

Cons

Nothing at all, I wouldn't change anything about it

CM

Craig M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Quickbooks wins again

Quickbooks has helped me to organize payroll and helped me to insure that PPP money has been used appropriately.

Pros

I really like how knowledgeable the customer service staff is. I am not an expert in payroll. Quickbooks customer service has been incredible at helping me to learn what needs to be done and where when it comes to payroll. I have many questions being a small business owner and quickbooks can usually answer any questions I have. Very happy with the service!!!!

Cons

Overall I am very happy with the software and customer support.

MK

Milena K.

Accounting, self-employed

Great and easy

I really like QB Payroll, I have used a few of their options and all work great. It is reliable and easy to use.

Pros

I really like QB Payroll. It is reliable and easy to set up and use.

Cons

The price is a bit much for smaller businesses

KC

Katie C.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Full Payroll Service Review

It is much easier to keep track of what we are paying and to whom without as many errors.

Pros

It is very easy for our company to keep track of our different employees that work in different states and process their payroll accordingly as well as payroll taxes. It is also easy to pay your unemployment and withholding taxes as well as file quarterly reports and such. They have great customer service if you are ever stuck and need help they will walk you through on what you need to do.

Cons

I have not currently found anything I don't like the more I am learning daily the easier it is getting.

ST

Skylar T.

Renewables & Environment, 1-10 employees

Customer Service is Horrible

I have never had such a terrible customer experience in my life. They did not have a way to speak to a person on the phone. The only customer service was through online chat and a gentleman going by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was absolutely the worst representative I have ever dealt with for any company. I was not allowed to speak to management, they were completely unwilling to look at their part and they insisted that I pay for a mistake that was on their part. I have decided to go with Gust which I am already seeing has much better customer services.

Pros

It was good and easy until I had an employee sign up for direct deposit.

Cons

When I started running direct deposit payments, the system was trying to take money out of an old bank account even though the information was updated in the system. They wanted to charge me NSF fees for their outdated information.

MT

Maryq T.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Not Credible Package

Buyers beware. My co. moved to bundled payroll in November and are dealing with fraud. They made unauthorized changes to payroll, service teams contradict themselves (then ultimately lied sadly) Only 3 weeks in an my accountant called with a mayday call yesterday that all of a sudden we have phantom credits, debits - we've used QB for Accounting for 9 years. I opened a fraud ticket and they locked us out - hours and hours and hours of trying to get a competent person. No supervisors - managers. Very damaging to my company right now and they aren't worth it.

Pros

easy to use and integrates with accounting, but none of that matters when you experience the problems we're experiencing.

Cons

Service, vulnerability to fraud (which is what we are dealing with now), no controls or compliance, limited to know fundamental knowledge of payroll on the front line.

CC

Cody C.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Very cheap and user friendly

Incredibly easy to use and run. But once you have an issue it may be impossible to fix.

Pros

The price. I had an issue with QB payroll and considered other options. Most were 10x more expensive.

Cons

The help desk. Any time I have an issue and contact the help desk, it takes over an hour of them "researching" before the answer is usually, "we can't do that." or "that's just how it works." I once had a major issue that required a special department, but every time I called in and asked for that department, I was forced to explain my entire situation and wait an hour for that person to try to fix it, even though I knew they couldn't, before the person would escalate.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Does the job but not my favorite

Fine. It does the job of running payroll but that is all.

Pros

It does the basic functions of payroll and taxes. Great product if that's all you're doing, good for very small teams without HR.

Cons

Not the best user experience (you constantly go back to the main page when you have to change things, it's not very intuitive to use). If you're looking for something for everything HR, this is not the product. This is easy to use to run payroll but add anything else (benefits, time, etc.) and it is clunky and time consuming.

nr

nichole r.

Farming, 1-10 employees

Quickbooks payroll

Pros

Quick books has been a great tool for our small business. We have six employees that are all full-time so we are provided them easy direct deposit paychecks, and payroll helps me keep track of everything for tax season. It has it all in one place which makes it very user friendly.

Cons

The price for quickbooks is higher than other software and I wish they had deals or promos for reoccurring users.

SB

Sandra B.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

QB Payroll helps streamline the payroll process

Since switching from a manual payroll system to QB Payroll we have saved time, our employees are receiving their money quicker, our financial reporting is more accurate, and our payroll taxes are filed on time with little effort.

Pros

I like that QB Payroll reminds me when deadlines are approaching, has many pre-set forms included, processes payroll accurately and timely, and provides multiple formats for reporting.

Cons

QB Payroll does not allow an easy way to print prior year form W2. It only saves one year form W2 at a time. Sometimes I would like to print a prior year quickly and cannot.

ZM

Zuzana M.

Airlines/Aviation, 1-10 employees

Payroll a must when you start hiring

It's really important to understand how to initially set up your employees and all the federal and State or local taxes. There is a good amount of help and support on this and mistakes will be made. Once you have everything set up it works smoothly. I recommend not waiting until the deadlines of things due so you leave some room to make corrections.

Pros

All the important and necessary features are included in the QB payroll. If you want to get more fancy and have time tracking that can be added and imported. Otherwise it's ready to use out of the box.

Cons

The features didn't change but prices went up for the service, per user fees.

NN

Norma N.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Perfect Product

My overall experience has been great. I can track my time, add holiday hours and PTO easily on my phone.

Pros

Great way to keep track of your hours, holidays and PTO. I can use the app to clock in and out and keep track of my daily and weekly hours.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this product. It is easy to use, user friendly and very efficient and accurate.

Thanks for being part of the QuickBooks family, Norma! It's fantastic hearing that QuickBooks Payroll has given you everything you need to manage your payroll quickly and easily. If you ever need assistance with your account or have questions, please feel free to reach out through the Help (?) icon > 'Contact Us' within your account, and we'd be glad to get you taken care of! We appreciate you writing a review! -Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Not Recommended

We selected Quickbooks to reduce our time entry, better support our growing organization and allow me to focus on my full time job passion, not my part time business. They were supposed to integrate with Quickbooks Onlinel however it doesn't work. They were supposed to be easy to use, only they weren't. They were supposed to be able to support a franchise organization with 65 employees across 3 states... only they didn't, we were the biggest client at the time.

Pros

Cons

Most of the pros speak for themselves, however there are more.. they were supposed to be able to handle multi-location employees, but they don't. They were supposed to be easy to work with, however thier risk group is so ambigous that it makes working with the overall platform impossible. They were supposed to have API support for our integration partner to use, only it's been almost 2 years and still nothing.. Calling in for support has resulted in hours of hold time on a monthly basis. When adding employees you have to call them to assign them to locations, it cannot be done as part of the data entry process. I could keep going on, but changing from ADP to Quickbooks was probably the most unproductive decision we've made to date.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Payroll Pleasure

The biggest benefit is ease of access and paying taxes. It takes the stress out of having to calculate your payroll expenses and being able to select your taxes to be paid through QB is the best!

Pros

Once payroll is set up it is really a set and forget item in Quickbooks. The thing that I like the most is the tax payments, I don't even need to think about the payroll cost, it is done for you.

Cons

You need to consider where your employees live when you choose to have out of state employees. The fees you pay to QB and also the set up of taxes all need to be considered.

CC

Chris C.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

The best way to go

Pros

Quickbooks is the industry standard and the payroll should be. You can do all things in one platform. User friendly, simple and effective.

Cons

Quickbooks has not had a problem since I have been using it.

Thanks for your review, Chris! It's fantastic to hear that QuickBooks Online Payroll is exceeding your expectations, and simplifying your payroll work-flow! If you ever have any questions or need help with your payroll, please feel free to reach out to our Technical Support Team using the Help(?) icon in-account, and we'd be more than happy to assist! We appreciate you! -Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Insurance, 10,001+ employees

Using Intuit for Payroll

I like QuickBooks Payroll because it keeps us all on track with alerts and aware of when payday is. We haven't come across many issue with it, but when we do, customer service response time is not very quick.

Pros

I get an email every time i need to submit my hours, and every time my pay is direct deposited. There is a link to my paystub as well.

Cons

Customer service is hard to reach & the enrollment process is lengthy (atleast it was for my company).

SP

Suresh P.

Accounting, self-employed

Been using this for 15+ years with no major issues

Would be great if I was able to batch process my payroll, especially when I have 25 clients at the moment. Also, that would help with reminders on a single screen, as opposed to per company which only pops up when that company file is open.

Pros

Like the fact that I can use this software for up to 50 EIN's without incurring an additional cost by employee count. One-time annual subscription helps with knowing what my cost is upfront.

Cons

Would be great if I could work on several clients at the same time when doing payroll. Hate that I have to open and close company files every time I need to enter data.