QuickBooks Payroll Logo

OC

OLIVER C.

Pharmaceuticals, 1-10 employees

Quick books payroll

It freezes sometimes and slow in loading sometimes when you mix information.

Pros

Quick book payroll, this online payroll is super interesting and amazing actually this one is among the best.

Cons

Quick book payroll I am recommending this one mostly to small business and new ployees in different industry because it's easy to access .

MS

Marissa S.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Why did I wait so long?.

I just wish I used this sooner. It’s easy for someone to use who isn’t knowledgeable at payroll and it’s a time-saver for those who do!

Pros

I avoided QB payroll because I thought I was going to have to do everything on my own. Man, was I wrong! This is the easiest software to understand and use. Definitely love that it takes care of tax deductions and filings for me.

Cons

Nothing so far! QB payroll is a breeze.

jm

jennifer m.

Construction, 11-50 employees

binola review

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] WAS AMAZING AND SPENT SO MUCH TIME TO HELP US TRANSITION TO THE NEW T SHEETS FOR OUR NEW COMPANY. VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT THE SOFTWARE AND HAS SPENT TIME FIXING THE SYNC ISSUES ON AND OFF THE PHONE AND ERRORS AND ALWAYS FOLLOWS UP AND CALLS BACK -COULD NOT ASK FOR A BETTER REP TO HELP. A++++++ A GREAT ASSET TO YOUR COMPANY AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND - GREAT ASSET. JENNIFER MCDOWELL [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

very easy to use and user friendly and if you need help support is there to help.

Cons

WE LOVE IT AND NO ISSUES. WORKS GREAT WITH QUICKBOOKS SYNC WORKS WELL.

KB

Kevin B.

Oil & Energy, 1-10 employees

Payroll

I have had very good experience with the Quickbooks payroll software. It is easy for a beginner to use and navigate. The customer service is excellent and very responsive.

Pros

This feature is easy to use. I am not that confident when it comes to accounting, but this software is easy to use and the customer service is excellent. If I can successfully use this software, then anyone can.

Cons

It took a little getting used to the difference in the online version vs. the desktop version. It looks totally different.

BS

Beverly S.

Construction, 11-50 employees

If you do your own payroll, use this.

I do payroll for 3 businesses. All under 20 employees. It only takes a few hours for each one to complete payroll. I am self taught and have managed to master it. I'm sure glad Intuit has a payroll option so we can keep our expenses down. BUT you have to be sure to file those quarterlies and end of year reports. You also have to be sure you put your tax money where you won't spend it. You don't want to have the IRS on your tail.

Pros

It's easy! What you don't understand, customer service will guide you through it. Once payroll is set up, it really is automatic.

Cons

It's easy to use but difficult to set up. You might want to have QB help you get started. They will do that as part of your subscription. A lot of payroll is actually manual - entering time, paying and submitting taxes, setting up garnishments, etc. My personal opinion is if you are a large business, you should probably let a payroll company do your payroll.

RS

Robyn S.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Quickbooks Payroll does the job!

I appreciate the little add-on services that came with QuickBooks Online Payroll - like giving employees access to view their stubs, access to Tsheets, and the ability to pay contractors via direct deposit.

Pros

For a small business with an average of less than 10 employees, it has everything we need. The ability to process direct deposits for the next day, automatic tax calculations and payments, and it's integrated with our Quickbooks Online so all my reports that I need are automatically updated with payroll expenses. The customer support is also fantastic! Really great knowledge when it comes to payroll.

Cons

Not as many reports as Quickbooks desktop has and limited in the customization of reports.

CL

Carol L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

New to payroll

So far everything seems like it will work for me well,

Pros

Helpful for me with making my job easier.

Cons

Put in the dashes in the dates, fix the year.

Quickbooks Payroll

Quickbooks is the most used software for accountants but I think there are quite a few flaws with it. The basics are user-friendly but not much more than that.

Pros

The best thing about this software is that everything is done for you, essentially. I basically just have to run the payroll and the rest is done for me. I do not have to worry about filing quarterly or annual reports because Quickbooks does it for me.

Cons

There a couple of issues that I have with this software. 1) If I have an employee who has a mailing address out of state, I cannot change the state code in the software. 2)There are only a couple of options on how allowances are paid out and how vacation is accrued. It would be better if they had more options to customize it. For allowances, I have to make sure that I only have it on one paycheck instead of splitting it up between paychecks because it does not add up correctly by the end of the month.

DS

Davina S.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Disaster Averted

My payroll runs effortlessly every week and I really appreciate that my forms get filed with the appropriate offices and in a timely manner.

Pros

I really appreciate that payroll is an option with the software, there are many add ons and tools that make our job as business owners easier.

Cons

The only problem I have had has been the transfer to the new entity, I think there are a lot of different departments with a lot of different information. I was told that my information could be seamlessly transferred to a new company account and that was not the case.

OA

Oluwaseyi A.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Quick book payroll is the best of the best

Pros

Very Simple to navigate around and also the remainder helping me to avoid Missing payment deadlines.

Cons

The Calculations of Tax and NI deductions

VF

Valerie F.

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

Payroll

Excellent customer service!

Pros

They are very helpful and answering all my questions!

Cons

Only complain is reaching right person to talk to. They transfer me alot and I will get sorry Im not the right person to talk to.

SH

Stephanie H.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Easy and brings peace of mind

Using QB payroll gives me peace of mind that I won't overlook something. When you are working with multiple government agencies there is always a concern that something might fall through the cracks and create a huge headache to fix. QB full service payroll takes care of the filing and paying of these forms and taxes so I don't have to worry that something was forgotten.

Pros

The software is very straightforward and gives me the options I need. If I have a question, I am able to get support from their staff and they walk me through the process.

Cons

I can't think of anything I didn't like.

MS

Meghan S.

QuickBooks Payroll

I think there are better options for less money available to small business owners. The only good thing about QuickBooks payroll is that it integrates with QuickBooks. QuickBooks Desktop Payroll is not bad, but QuickBooks Online Payroll can be horrible if you have to do anything besides a basic payroll.

Pros

The only thing I like about QuickBooks Payroll is that it integrates with QuickBooks Online

Cons

The prices increase every single year, their customer service is AWFUL, and due to several errors I've seen before, I do not trust QBO payroll. I always recommend my clients that use it make sure to have a professional check their reporting every quarter before it's submitted.

JM

James M.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

QuickBooks user for many years

Overall I have been pleased with QuickBooks Payroll.

Pros

Since we use time tracking in QuickBooks it makes payroll very easy with an automatic import into paychecks.

Cons

The cost is fairly high, but cheaper than an outside service. Tech support is not easy to work with.

BA

Beth A.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

QuickBooks Full Service Payroll is easy to use & much like a one-stop-shop.

Pros

Once set up properly, it's just a matter of inputting the information in each week to create the paycheck, then in the same area, make & record your payroll taxes too. Love that I don't have to go to multiple other websites to make all the payments. I can even e-file my 941,940, W-s's & W-3 reports online in the same payroll area!

Cons

Still have to go to L & I website to make payment & cannot file 1099's online (yet?). It would be nice to be able to fix errors in payroll when using the Accountant's copy too.

KB

Kristal B.

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

Like a fine wine: Improving with age

I appreciate that I can use the available reports to construct overhead numbers monthly. I also appreciate that we can send money to our vendors without writing checks via Bill.com.

Pros

Ease of use and accessibility via the mobile app. Great courses available to help with learning the basics and some advanced accounting background. I love learning!

Cons

Most glitches resolved but still some unresolved. Limited reporting. Integration with Bill.com was sticky but overall was resolved. Making changes to the software during holiday weeks

MJ

Melinda J.

Accounting, self-employed

Quick and ease payroll system

Pros

The simple form and pension submission ...easy to understand

Cons

It's basic but upgrade is available at additional cost

PH

Patty H.

Sub Par Customer Support

Pros

Quickbooks is somewhat easy to use and somewhat affordable. But, they are becoming more and more incompatible with other platforms and I find they are becoming obsolete for my business.

Cons

Quickbooks Pro Advisor support is one of the worst i have ever used. It has taken me multiple calls that have lasted over an hour in duration each to try to solve support issues. They are still not solved and I can not find anyone who can provide answers. Definitely not customer support friendly.

HG

Hannah G.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

QuickBooks Payroll up is all your business needs

This has eased up the walking about form one department to another seeking information of individual employees. It is a great decision as employee payroll complains have reduced

Pros

it simplifies by a big margin the work of the HR and Payroll departments, reducing time spent and can be shared among users

Cons

Setting up the country codes, taxes et al

DH

Donna H.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

BANK ACCOUNT CHANGES AND PAYROLL SUPPORT

Great

Pros

It was a very quick and easy process , user friendly. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was Great in assisting me with my payroll issues. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] had the knowledge and patience to assist me , I took up much of her morning assisting me. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a Great Teacher.

Cons

I really like the support, I have had great experiences with the support team. Best Team for your company.

MJ

Mary Joy T.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Quickbooks Payroll Efficiency

Overall, I can say that using this software is quite cost effecient because it saves me from more larger expenses like paying for an accountant. Save also time because it's automated and can have complete control over my employees salary calculation.

Pros

What I like about it is it's ease to use and access for my employees and can be easily integrated with existing softwares like QBO.

Cons

Although it's a good software I think their still a room for improvement like their customer service.

AB

Angi B.

Wine and Spirits, 11-50 employees

QBO Payroll

Pros

The ease of use and the remote ability are the biggest pros!

Cons

Our biggest concern would be the cost of the software.

PW

Paul W.

Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees

Good software but calling support...yikes!

Pros

The software works flawlessly and was easy to set up. We never seem to have a payroll issue. Our accountant helps use when we don't know how to do something but we could probably find it on our own if we took the time.

Cons

The support department often ends up going to the wrong area or you need to speak to several people before getting to the right one. Each one needs to verify your information. The support department personnel usually have strong accents making conversations difficult.

CW

Cham W.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Quickbooks declined our business

My experience with QuickBooks Payroll was painful and unpleasant. I was able to set up my settings and preferences, entered all employee info, and then QuickBooks refused my business and I was forced to start over with a different payroll service (Square Payroll)

Pros

The features and layout of the software was easy to pick up on and entering employee info was fast and efficient.

Cons

We started with a free trial of Quickbooks Payroll and needed to verify our bank information with them. They were supposed to deposit a small amount to our account and once we confirmed this amount we could start setting up our direct deposit settings. After one week the deposit did not show up. I called their support line and after waiting on hold for almost half an hour I was told that after reviewing...

AM

Alan M.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Quickbooks Payroll....I couldn't live without it!

Pros

I LOVE using Quickbooks Payroll. The software is easy to use, and it takes away the stress of managing sometimes complex payroll calculations. I highly recommend this product...you'll not regret it!

Cons

Like most large companies, it appears that customer service has been outsourced to locations around the world. While that's not a problem, it can become one when it's difficult to understand the person on the other end of the phone...just a language barrier, I suppose.